In order for the app to work, you would need to start the web service on the machine with the gnucash file. Visit the website for step-by-step guide.
The application is intended to be used in off-line mode. There is no integration with any online services available.
Personally I am using it together with GnuCash (http://www.gnucash.org) - the greatest financial-accounting software in the universe ;)
I keep my daily expenses in Expense Register and from time to time I export them to GnuCash.
It seems to be a common use case so I believe it can be easily adapted by Quicken, MS Money, etc. users.
The major requirement for the application was to minimize the effort needed to record expenses.
I was fed up with using general purpose notes applications and complex mobile accounting software available on the Android market.
So in Expense Register I did my best to minimize number of operations needed to perform common actions.
Expenses can be recorded either by input form or by taking a picture of the receipt.
No signup needed. No AD. No limited. No fee.
* Registration of incomes and expenses
* Support for camera pictures of receipts
* Desktop widget to jump directly to expense adding form (do not move app to SD - Android does not support widgets for apps installed on external storage)
* Auto-completion feature for common descriptions and tags
* Build-in expression evaluator supporting +-*/() operators
* Exporting entries by email (you can specify your default address in settings)
TXT, ZIP (HTML) and QIF file formats are available
* Presenting simple summaries of registered expenses and incomes
* Import/Export settings from/to file
* You may use TAG field to categorize expenses. E.g. you may mark different accounts or currencies.
* You may define comma-separated lists of descriptions and tags you often use. The application will suggest them later when you start filling information about new expense.
* You may even select to automatically update common words so you don't need to enter full words almost never
* All settings might be exported for backup purpose
* If you are using Samsung SWIPE or similar virtual keyboard offering its own field auto-completion mechanism you may disable Expense Register's build in autocompletion by cleaning common words list and disabling Auto-update tags switches in settings.
Send me your feedback if you think something could be improved !
Keywords: record expenses, collect expenses, personal expenses, expense manager, expense tracker, expense collector, personal finance, money manager, spending tracker
Simply open and edit your GnuCash file. No need to import/export.
It is designed for daily and personal use to quickly view and input transactions. You can use any of the currency supported in GnuCash such as Dollar, Yen, Euro, Won, etc.
- Read and write a GnuCash file in sqlite3 format
- Edit and add transactions of 1-to-1 and 1-to-many splits(*)
- Search and delete all patterns of transactions
- Basic inference to select accounts based on history
- Permission of Internet access is not required
- Show current balance of accounts
- Sort by transaction date or edit date
- [Experimental] Import conflicted copy
- [Experimental] Import transactions on Japanese Suica/Felica card via NFC (by Domburi Cash NFC Plugin)
1) 3rd-party application of file explorer such as
ES File Explorer
ASTRO File Manager
2) Existing GnuCash file
- It can fail to open a file that use advanced function of GnuCash.
- Back up your GnuCash file before opening it, just in case.
- UI of the latest release can be different from the screenshots.
- The following types of transactions are supported:
- Income increase
- Expense increase
- Move assets (pair of asset increase & decrease)
- Refinance (pair of debt increase & decrease)
- Borrow (pair of asset increase and debt increase)
- Payback (pair of asset decrease and debt decrease)
- Income incerase
- Expense increase
- Asset increase
- Asset decrease
- Debt increase
- Debt decrease
Any other transactions are shown as "Other" in the timeline.
Check the following URL for known issues and details of limitations:
Support site (Change logs, Downloads of previous versions):
See also: https://bankchore.townym.net/ An online tool to convert CSV to OFX for GnuCash import.
- Keep track of your expenses and incomes.
- Manage them directly on your smartphone.
- Export them into a Desktop finance program like Grisbi, GnuCash, Quicken or MS Money.
- Up to five accounts with transfers
- Define templates and plans for future and recurrent transactions
- Group transactions per day, week, month, year and display sums per group
- Two levels of categories (import from Grisbi XML and QIF)
- Export to QIF and CSV (MS Excel), can be automatically shared (via email, FTP, Dropbox, ...)
- Import from QIF
- Password protection
- Integrated Help
- Data backup and restore
- Two themes: light and dark
Please contribute by purchasing My Expenses Contrib Key. You gain unrestricted access to the following premium features:
- Create an unlimited number of accounts (the free version is limited to five accounts);
- Create an unlimited number of plans (the free version is limited to three plans);
- Visualize the statistical distribution of transactions per category over different periods (years, months, weeks, days);
- Split up transactions to multiple categories and transfer accounts;
- Instantiate templates directly from a home screen widget;
- Print the transaction list to a PDF file;
- Define a security question for recovering a lost password;
- Attach images to transaction
My Expenses requires the following permissions:
- Reading and writing the calendar: Plans for future and recurrent transactions are stored either in a special local calendar or in any other calendar you assign.
- Writing USB storage: Storage of QIF and CSV exports and backup files
- Network communication: Crash reports are automatically sent to developers unless deactivated by user in app preferences.
Would you believe there could be a personal finance checkbook and budget app on your phone as powerful as Microsoft Money or Quicken on the desktop?
!! Try us risk free — now with a 1 week money back guarantee — we stand behind our product !! — see the end of this section for details.
“…you are getting a fantastic, powerful application that does a terrific job of helping you get your finances in order.” — 2011 Android App Guide: http://goo.gl/o9527
Some of the many features:
✓ Works great on the Nexus 7 and other 7" tablets
✓ Reads your MS Money / Quicken / SPB Finance / Cash Organizer export files. (QIF, OFX)
✓ Full featured and flexible budgeting (yearly, monthly, weekly, biweekly). Forecasting features make your cash flow easy to visualize
✓ 4 widgets for quick and easy data entry and one-glance access to your budget and upcoming bills
✓ Recurring bills/deposits with many different schedules, including biweekly pay checks. Reminders can be set right into your device's calendar
✓ Split transactions for more accurate budgeting and reporting
✓ Privacy with password/PIN security
✓ Never worry about your data with automatic backups on a customizable schedule
✓ Two-level editable categories and optional classifications (projects)
✓ Colorful reports and charts with drill-down (exportable to PDF, CSV or as a web-page)
✓ Customized reports can be saved for easy reuse
✓ Multi-currency with historical exchange rate support for accurate Net Worth calculations
✓ Your data can be exported to standard QIF or CSV
✓ Beautiful modern user interface
✓ Integrated with MyBackup Pro
✓ … and much more …
Explanation of the various permissions and why they are needed:
Permission: Your personal information, add or modify calendar events and send email to guests, read calendar events.
Purpose: Used for creating bill reminders in the phone's calendar.
Permission: Read contact data, write contact data
Purpose: Used when importing/exporting payees to and from the phone's contact list.
Permission: Storage, modify/delete SD card contents
Purpose: Uses to back-up books and import/export QIF/OFX files
Permission: System tools, prevents phone from sleeping
Purpose: For the few seconds while the auto backup and recurring transaction enter happens, keeps the phone from going to standby mode to prevent potential data loss.
Permission: Your accounts, discover known accounts
Purpose: Used when importing/exporting payees to and from the phone's contact list. The list of accounts on the phone is read and you are given the option to pick the account used for contact operations.
Permission: System tools, automatically start at boot
Purpose: Starts the alarm timer that performs the auto backup and recurring transaction enter functions. No processing intensive tasks are performed at this time.
Permission: Network communication, Market license check
Purpose: Used to perform the Android Market license verification.
Money-back guarantee details:
You have 7 full days to get a full and unconditional refund. If you are past the 15 minute refund window offered by the Google Play Store, contact us (email@example.com) for a refund which will be given in at most 8 hours.
finance, double entry, accounting. bookkeeping, checkbook, MS Money, Quicken, budget, expense, income
Support or Bugs? Please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Create how many accounts you want
- Use multiple currencies simultaneously
- Define categories for your expenses and income
- View history
- Set pending entries
- Filter results
- Checkboxes for selecting simultaneous
- Transfer funds between accounts
- Know how much you spent and how much you received in a given period
- Draw freely Budget goals by entry type or category
- Easy to understand costs and gains through graphs
- Replicate Entries
- Auto-Language (English, Spanish and Portuguese)
- 2 Themes to choose
- Free and no ads
- And much more...
Expense IQ provides a rich, detailed window into your personal finances and daily money management needs.
Track and manage daily expenses quickly & easily! Business expenses, personal expenses, travel expenses etc can all be managed rapidly using Expense IQ’s simple and intuitive user interface.
Interactive reports & graphs let you analyse income, expenses, cash flow and balance over various date ranges and accounts.
To more effectively manage your budgets, you need a budget planner that makes keeping track of your expenses fun and easy. The integrated budget manager within Expense IQ lets you set monthly budgets on specific accounts and/or categories and monitor them via color-coded budget health bars that warns you when you are about to exceed your budgets.
Also integrated is a bill reminder that helps you avoid nasty late fees by issuing you timely reminders to pay your bills. You can even take a picture of your bills or invoices to keep a digital record.
Full list of extensive features include:
-Cloud synchronization via Dropbox to synchronize transaction data between multiple devices
-Split transactions supported for more detailed income & expense management
-Export captured data as QIF & CSV to desktop money managers (eg. Quicken) for expense reporting etc.
-Includes a Home Screen Widget for even faster expense management & tracking. Add transactions straight from the home page once you enable the widget - great for daily expense tracking!
-Receive notifications of upcoming and overdue bills - for both one-time payments as well as recurring bills
-Set monthly budgets on specific accounts and/or categories and monitor them via color-coded budget health bars
-Fully customizable income and expense categories for more accurate budget planning.
-Take Photos of Bills & Receipts
-Integrated Checkbook Manager
-Track and manage expense and income for multiple accounts in multiple currencies
-Setup repeating transactions
-Support transfers between accounts
-Lock application using a 4-digit security pin
-Backup data onto internal SD card
-Daily automated backup creation
Expense IQ is brought to you by Handy Apps.
Connect with us on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/HandyAppsInc
Use the individual transactions and recurring transactions feature to get an idea of your expenses over the next couple of months and see how much money you have available to spend. The app also gives you a graphical overview of the information, making it easier to plan (larger) purchases over the upcoming months.
The budget mode allows you to set goals for various criteria and periods. For example, create a monthly limit for refueling or a weekly limit for food. You can also define limits for accounts such as credit cards or payment types. Furthermore, it can be determined whether recurring budgets should be transferred to the next periods.
• Available offline. The app has for security reasons no internet permission.
• Configurable Material Design layout.
• Switch between the different views current balance and monthly balance.
• Visualise the statistics as a table or graph and see where you have spent your money.
• Manage multiple accounts and make transfers between them.
• Add further main and subcategories to analyze your cost curve.
• Manage more optional lists of payment types, groups or persons.
• Group the statistics and charts by category, accounts and if activated in the settings by groups, persons or payment types.
• Add photos (e.g. receipts) to your transactions.
• Use reminders to remind you of pending payments.
• Define the beginning of the month based on your regular salary (e.g. the 1st or the 15th).
• Reconcile your expenses with your bank statement.
• Create templates to make the input of your transactions even easier.
• Filter and sort your transactions according to various criteria and time periods.
• Protect your sensitive data with a password.
• Import existing data or bank statements using the CSV import (import of other formats on request).
• Export your data to HTML or CSV in order to view or print them on your PC.
• Create backups so you never lose your data (including automatic backups).
• 4 Widgets.
My Budget Book is easy to use and is continuously developed. The app is available in 11 languages and includes an integrated manual which will help you to find all features of the app.
For security reasons, there is no internet permission. To use the app on multiple devices or to add automatic backups in the cloud, please read the chapter Synchronization of the integrated manual.
If you have any questions or suggestions, just send a mail via the integrated support function.
100% FREE – full features, no hidden charges or in-app purchases
Expense manager has the following great features:
• Tracking expenses and incomes by week, month and year as well as by categories
• Multiple accounts in multiple currencies
• Schedule the payments and recurring payments
• Take a picture of receipt
• Payment alerts
• Budget by day, week, month and year
• Search and reports
• Import and export account activities in CSV for desktop software
• User chooses to auto backup on Dropbox, Google Drive and SD Card backup
• Customize expense categories, payer/payer, payment methods, date format, white or black background, button style etc
• Account transfer
• Auto fill
• Convenient tools such calculator, currency converter, tip calculator, sales and tax calculator and credit card calculator
• Debt Management
• Developer support
Internet Access is used to retrieve currency exchange rate.
Camera permission is used to take picture of receipt.
Account permission is used to for Google Drive data backup
SMS permission: it parses the SMS message from bank automatically and save the record in the app.
All data save on your phone or your personal cloud account. Nobody but you can access your account.
Thanks for the help from:
Emilio Blanco for Spanish translation.
Christian Glass and Manuel Gruber for German translation.
Michel Graciano, Gustavo de Freitas Leite and Ricardo Gomes for Portuguese translation
Cerrato Renaud for French translation
Please email question and feature request directly to developer.
[ Support iOS and Android ]
AndroMoney is a personal finance tool for use on your mobile phone. By using this tool, we hope you can better manage your wealth.
We focus on:
1.Ease of use: keep it intuitive to operate
2.Powerful:daily accounting, managing categories, or even drawing detail reports, AndroMoney can easily manage it.
As this App's name suggests, we hope AndroMoney will be the best personal finance tool on Android! If you have any problems about how to use it or ideas about how to improve it, feel free to email us. We appreciate your feedback!
- Multiple accounts and support account balance & account transfer
- Cloud Storage (Dropbox , Google Docs)
- SYNC with other devices
- Any currency with downloadable rates
- Number pad with calculation
- Hierarchical categories with custom attributes
- Simple/ Detail / Custom Budgets
- Trend, Pie and Bar charts for Expense and Cash Flow
- Password Protection
- Overview your expense and income summary
- Back up data to Excel/ Mac Number
*Recommended by Appgovideo.com (http://www.appgovideo.com/)
Manage your expense and money easily !
If you have problem please e-mail to us! ( We can't reply you on google play...)
Special thank to
Mario Lüthy for German translation.
Mike Kazonis for Greek translation.
Jean Marie for French translation.
Елена Трифонова for Russia translation.
Alessio Salerno and Carlo Pite for Italian translation.
※ PC manager function
You can view ‘“Money Manager” application using Wi-Fi. You can edit and sort the data by date, category or account group on the screen of your PC. In addition, you can see fluctuations of your accounts indicated on graphs on your PC.
※ Applying double entry bookkeeping
It facilitates efficient asset management. It does not just record your money coming in and out of your account but deposits your money into your account as soon as your income is input and draws money from your account as soon as your expense is input.
※ Budget management function
You can manage your budget. It shows your budget and expense by a graph so you can see the amount of your expense against your budget quickly.
※ Card / Debit Card management function
Entering a settlement date, you can see payment amount and outstanding payment at asset tab. You can arrange the automatic debit by simply connecting your debit card with your account.
You can check passcode so you can safely manage your account book.
※ Transfer, direct debit and recurrence function
Transfer between assets is possible, which makes your asset management more efficient. In addition, you can manage you salary, insurance, term deposit and loan more easily by setting automatic transfer and recurrence.
※ Instant statistics
Based on the data entered, you can instantly see your expense by category and changes between each month. And you can see change of your assets and income/expense indicated by a graph as well.
※ Bookmark function
You can easily input your frequent expense all at once by bookmarking them.
※ Backup / Restore
You can make and view backup files in Excel file and backup / restore is possible.
Google Drive backup is supported.
※ Other functions
- Change of starting date
- Calculator function (Amount > upper right button)
- Sub Category ON-OFF function
Organizing your expenses allow you to have a better control over your money.
• Track your income and expenses , classify them by category .
• You can modify or delete the records that you have created.
• The application will show reports grouped by periods , along with your balance period.
• You can also schedule recurring records , so the application added by you that are repetitive movements in fixed periods.
• If you need it you can password protect your information .
• The application lets you create a backup of your database to restore your information if necessary .
• Available translations: Spanish, English, Portuguese, German, French, Russian, Chinese, Italian, Ukrainian, Indonesian.
• Widget 3x1 with the summary of the month.
• Available reports: daily, weekly, biweekly, monthly and yearly.
• Create graphical reports
• Horizontal screen for tablets.
• Choose the currency format and the date format used in your country .
When importing into Cash2QIF, put the .QIF file you exported from Quicken into the /Android/data/com.cash2qif.www/files/ directory on the SD card. Turn off USB storage or disconnect the cable before importing.
When importing into Quicken, for error message OL-221-A: Quicken was not able to complete your request
Instead of opening the .QIF file with Quicken Launcher, open Quicken first. Then select File > Import > QIF File.
Not affiliated with Quicken or Intuit.
High resolution icon is from:
with this license:
Creative Commons (Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 Unported)
Designed to be easy to use, yet powerful and flexible, Cash allows you to track bank accounts, stocks, income and expenses. As quick and intuitive to use as a checkbook register, it is based on professional accounting principles to ensure balanced books and accurate reports(similar to GnuCash, Microsoft Money, Quicken).
- Double-Entry Accounting (transaction system)
- Unlimited levels of nesting accounts
- Easy and intuitive accounts navigation
- DropBox synchronization for SAFE data backup
- Full support of multiple currencies
- Dark and light themes
- Summary report
- Expenses, Incomes and Assets piecharts
- Expenses and Incomes barchart
- CSV file export
Cash project web-site: http://cash-sync.com
- Full access to the Internet - required by the Dropbox
We plan a lot of great features!
TAGS: Personal finance, budget manager, best accounting, money, budget, cash, android, tracking, track money, budget envelope, saving your cash, cash flow, manager, home bookkepping, pocket money, expenses, incomes, personal wallet, my money, reports, piechart, barchart, balance, ads free, CSV export, no ads, best finance, themes, ad-free, budget tracker, expense tracker, checkbook, cashbook, ledger, savings, home accounting. my money, simple interface, calculator, better, faster, safer. safest
Manage your personal finances in the most comprehensive manner with Money for Android devices. Track different accounts (wallets), record your transactions, budget your income and expenses, and keep full control of your personal finances.
Financial Planning in Three Easy Steps
Expense categories expand to fit your needs
Manage all your bills and arrange them via a calendar with bill reminders included in the application, and catch up with any deadline.
Do you have several credit cards, debit cards, and bank accounts plus cash? The Transaction Register is included in the application together with a list of all your accounts. OFX import is supported, so you can import your bank records to the Money app easily and instantly review your accounts, all on the same screen.
Plan all your income and expenses, and check with the available reports to determine whether your plans are accurate. Create reports for each item or category, or check a full report over time.
iBear's Money offers 13 expense categories including car, miscellaneous, taxes, entertainment, and more. When you are ready to analyze your assets and liabilities, Money has four main tabs for reporting: Transactions, Balance, Budget, and Reports.
Money uses a beautiful, realistic design reminiscent of a leather organizer, creating a more personal user experience. Everything works as closely as possible to a real-world organizer with paper reports, making your finance management more intuitive and enjoyable.
Important: internet socket permission in Money for Android is used for currency exchange rate update ONLY!
You'll also be able to configure your own expense types and their default values.
-Create business trips
-Add expense items to each trip
-Take a photo of the receipt
-Configure your own custom expense types
-Set the default value of any expense type
-Export the details of one or more trips to a CSV file
-Export the details of one or more trips to a OpenDocument text document
-Automatically send the exported files to one or more email addresses
-Backup and restore all data (including images of invoices)
-Easy export of single trips
-Recurring expense items
-Easy delete of old data
Since the first version, the following features have been added.
- Added a new field to indicate the time of trips
- Added recurring expense items: Add several identical expense items to a trip with a few simple clicks.
- Created a new status type for the trips "Ready to export"
- You may export a trip directly from the overview screen
- You may select to insert a page break between each trip when exporting to an OpenDocument file
-Bug fix : If the user tried to do a backup when the database was empty, the app would crash.
Making professional and leisure travel easier!