In order for the app to work, you would need to start the web service on the machine with the gnucash file. Visit the website for step-by-step guide.
- Keep track of your expenses and incomes.
- Manage them directly on your smartphone.
- Export them into a Desktop finance program like Grisbi, GnuCash, Quicken or MS Money.
- Up to five accounts with transfers
- Define templates and plans for future and recurrent transactions
- Group transactions per day, week, month, year and display sums per group
- Two levels of categories (import from Grisbi XML and QIF)
- Export to QIF and CSV (MS Excel), can be automatically shared (via email, FTP, Dropbox, ...)
- Import from QIF
- Password protection
- Integrated Help
- Data backup and restore
- Two themes: light and dark
My Expenses is offered ad free and open source. Please contribute by purchasing My Expenses Contrib Key. You gain unrestricted access to the following premium features:
- Create an unlimited number of accounts (the free version is limited to five accounts);
- Create an unlimited number of plans (the free version is limited to three plans);
- Visualize the statistical distribution of transactions per category over different periods (years, months, weeks, days);
- Split up transactions to multiple categories and transfer accounts;
- Instantiate templates directly from a home screen widget;
- Print the transaction list to a PDF file;
- Define a security question for recovering a lost password;
- Export and reset all accounts in batch.
My Expenses requires the following permissions:
- Reading and writing the calendar: Plans for future and recurrent transactions are stored either in a special local calendar or in any other calendar you assign.
- Writing USB storage: Storage of QIF and CSV exports and backup files
- Network communication: Crash reports are automatically sent to developers unless deactivated by user in app preferences.
Simply open and edit your GnuCash file. No need to import/export.
It is designed for daily and personal use to quickly view and input transactions. You can use any of the currency supported in GnuCash such as Dollar, Yen, Euro, Won, etc.
- Read and write a GnuCash file in sqlite3 format
- Edit and add transactions of 1-to-1 and 1-to-many splits(*)
- Search and delete all patterns of transactions
- Basic inference to select accounts based on history
- Permission of Internet access is not required
- Show current balance of accounts
- Sort by transaction date or edit date
- [Experimental] Import conflicted copy
- [Experimental] Import transactions on Japanese Suica/Felica card via NFC (by Domburi Cash NFC Plugin)
1) 3rd-party application of file explorer such as
ES File Explorer
ASTRO File Manager
2) Existing GnuCash file
- It can fail to open a file that use advanced function of GnuCash.
- Back up your GnuCash file before opening it, just in case.
- UI of the latest release can be different from the screenshots.
- The following types of transactions are supported:
- Income increase
- Expense increase
- Move assets (pair of asset increase & decrease)
- Refinance (pair of debt increase & decrease)
- Borrow (pair of asset increase and debt increase)
- Payback (pair of asset decrease and debt decrease)
- Income incerase
- Expense increase
- Asset increase
- Asset decrease
- Debt increase
- Debt decrease
Any other transactions are shown as "Other" in the timeline.
Check the following URL for known issues and details of limitations:
Support site (Change logs, Downloads of previous versions):
See also: https://bankchore.townym.net/ An online tool to convert CSV to OFX for GnuCash import.
Support or Bugs? Please contact us: email@example.com
- Create how many accounts you want
- Use multiple currencies simultaneously
- Define categories for your expenses and income
- View history
- Set pending entries
- Filter results
- Checkboxes for selecting simultaneous
- Transfer funds between accounts
- Know how much you spent and how much you received in a given period
- Draw freely Budget goals by entry type or category
- Easy to understand costs and gains through graphs
- Replicate Entries
- Auto-Language (English, Spanish and Portuguese)
- 2 Themes to choose
- Free and no ads
- And much more...
100% FREE – full features, no hidden charges or in-app purchases
Expense manager has the following great features:
• Tracking expenses and incomes by week, month and year as well as by categories
• Multiple accounts in multiple currencies
• Schedule the payments and recurring payments
• Take a picture of receipt
• Payment alerts
• Budget by day, week, month and year
• Search and reports
• Import and export account activities in CSV for desktop software
• User chooses to auto backup on Dropbox, Google Drive and SD Card backup
• Customize expense categories, payer/payer, payment methods, date format, white or black background, button style etc
• Account transfer
• Auto fill
• Convenient tools such calculator, currency converter, tip calculator, sales and tax calculator and credit card calculator
• Developer support
Internet Access is used to retrieve currency exchange rate.
Camera permission is used to take picture of receipt.
Account permission is used to for Google Drive data backup
All data is saved on your phone or your Dropbox account. Nobody but you can access your account.
Thanks for the help from:
Emilio Blanco for Spanish translation.
Christian Glass and Manuel Gruber for German translation.
Michel Graciano, Gustavo de Freitas Leite and Ricardo Gomes for Portuguese translation
Cerrato Renaud for French translation
Please email question and feature request directly to developer.
The application is intended to be used in off-line mode. There is no integration with any online services available.
Personally I am using it together with GnuCash (http://www.gnucash.org) - the greatest financial-accounting software in the universe ;)
I keep my daily expenses in Expense Register and from time to time I export them to GnuCash.
It seems to be a common use case so I believe it can be easily adapted by Quicken, MS Money, etc. users.
The major requirement for the application was to minimize the effort needed to record expenses.
I was fed up with using general purpose notes applications and complex mobile accounting software available on the Android market.
So in Expense Register I did my best to minimize number of operations needed to perform common actions.
Expenses can be recorded either by input form or by taking a picture of the receipt.
No signup needed. No AD. No limited. No fee.
* Registration of incomes and expenses
* Support for camera pictures of receipts
* Desktop widget to jump directly to expense adding form (do not move app to SD - Android does not support widgets for apps installed on external storage)
* Auto-completion feature for common descriptions and tags
* Build-in expression evaluator supporting +-*/() operators
* Exporting entries by email (you can specify your default address in settings)
TXT, ZIP (HTML) and QIF file formats are available
* Presenting simple summaries of registered expenses and incomes
* Import/Export settings from/to file
* You may use TAG field to categorize expenses. E.g. you may mark different accounts or currencies.
* You may define comma-separated lists of descriptions and tags you often use. The application will suggest them later when you start filling information about new expense.
* You may even select to automatically update common words so you don't need to enter full words almost never
* All settings might be exported for backup purpose
* If you are using Samsung SWIPE or similar virtual keyboard offering its own field auto-completion mechanism you may disable Expense Register's build in autocompletion by cleaning common words list and disabling Auto-update tags switches in settings.
Send me your feedback if you think something could be improved !
Keywords: record expenses, collect expenses, personal expenses, expense manager, expense tracker, expense collector, personal finance, money manager, spending tracker
Money Manager Ex includes all the basic features that 90% of users would want to see in a personal finance application. The design goals are to concentrate on simplicity and user-friendliness - something one can use everyday.
Financial management can become complicated when there is no clear understanding of how much money we are getting, regarded as income as opposed to our expenses. The first step towards better financial health, is to maintain good financial records: it's only when we have a clear understanding of where our money goes, that we can make an informed decision of where to cut back on our expenses. Of course there is no right or wrong answer to how spend money: here's where personal finance software comes in. They help to slice/dice the financial data to give better insight into what is going on. Always remember the software can only be as good as the data it has to process. Garbage In Garbage Out. But if you have started thinking of even using Personal finance software, you are well on your way to making every dollar count.
☆ ACCOUNTS AND CURRENCIES
Wizard to simply create accounts and start to use MMEX. Multiple currencies for each account to have more flexibility.
Take note of all expenses and incoming in a clear view: divide and highlight them with different status. Search, filter and sort by every field to have a clear situation of bank accounts at any time.
☆ PAYEES AND CATEGORIES
Categories indicate the reason an expenditure is made or an income is received. Payees are the people or the institutions that give money or who are paid for goods and services.
☆ REPEATING TRANSACTIONS
Special transactions set up in order to have the transaction entered into the database at some future date. They generally occur at regular intervals based on a schedule.
Track stocks/mutual fund investments grouping them in specific account. Automatically update the portfolio downloading quotes from the preferred website.
Track fixed assets and incorporate them within total financial worth. Every single asset could be undervalued/increased by a specific rate per year or left unchanged.
Set up a budget for a year and/or a month. Then compare money spent versus actual budget with specific or custom reports.
☆ CROSS PLATFORM
We provide builds for the most common operating systems: Windows, MacOS and Linux Ubuntu. It's possible to use it also on other OS building it directly from source code.
☆ DROPBOX SYNCHRONIZATION
With Dropbox synchronization can keep updated your expenses and incomes on your PCs, notebooks and on all of your Android devices. With the Dropbox synchronization can share your data with other components family.
If you want to join our translation team: https://crowdin.net/project/android-money-manager-ex and sign in.
G+ Community: http://goo.gl/R693Ih
When importing into Cash2QIF, put the .QIF file you exported from Quicken into the /Android/data/com.cash2qif.www/files/ directory on the SD card. Turn off USB storage or disconnect the cable before importing.
When importing into Quicken, for error message OL-221-A: Quicken was not able to complete your request
Instead of opening the .QIF file with Quicken Launcher, open Quicken first. Then select File > Import > QIF File.
Not affiliated with Quicken or Intuit.
High resolution icon is from:
with this license:
Creative Commons (Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 Unported)
Organizing your expenses allow you to have a better control over your money.
• Track your income and expenses , classify them by category .
• You can modify or delete the records that you have created.
• The application will show reports grouped by periods , along with your balance period.
• You can also schedule recurring records , so the application added by you that are repetitive movements in fixed periods.
• If you need it you can password protect your information .
• The application lets you create a backup of your database to restore your information if necessary .
• Available translations: Spanish, English, Portuguese, German, French, Russian, Chinese, Italian, Ukrainian, Indonesian.
• Widget 3x1 with the summary of the month.
• Available reports: daily, weekly, biweekly, monthly and yearly.
• Create graphical reports
• Horizontal screen for tablets.
• Choose the currency format and the date format used in your country .
Designed to be easy to use, yet powerful and flexible, Cash allows you to track bank accounts, stocks, income and expenses. As quick and intuitive to use as a checkbook register, it is based on professional accounting principles to ensure balanced books and accurate reports(similar to GnuCash, Microsoft Money, Quicken).
- Double-Entry Accounting (transaction system)
- Unlimited levels of nesting accounts
- Easy and intuitive accounts navigation
- DropBox synchronization for SAFE data backup
- Full support of multiple currencies
- Dark and light themes
- Summary report
- Expenses, Incomes and Assets piecharts
- Expenses and Incomes barchart
- CSV file export
Cash project web-site: http://cash-sync.com
- Full access to the Internet - required by the Dropbox
We plan a lot of great features!
TAGS: Personal finance, budget manager, best accounting, money, budget, cash, android, tracking, track money, budget envelope, saving your cash, cash flow, manager, home bookkepping, pocket money, expenses, incomes, personal wallet, my money, reports, piechart, barchart, balance, ads free, CSV export, no ads, best finance, themes, ad-free, budget tracker, expense tracker, checkbook, cashbook, ledger, savings, home accounting. my money, simple interface, calculator, better, faster, safer. safest
** Simple interface which makes easy to use.
** Authentication provided so that others are not able to see your cashbook.
** Able to add transactions done on past days.
** Use can add new categories as per their needs.
** Credit and debit overview for different periods
** Able to see transactions done on today, this month and complete transactions separately.
Manage your personal finances in the most comprehensive manner with Money for Android devices. Track different accounts (wallets), record your transactions, budget your income and expenses, and keep full control of your personal finances.
Financial Planning in Three Easy Steps
Expense categories expand to fit your needs
Manage all your bills and arrange them via a calendar with bill reminders included in the application, and catch up with any deadline.
Do you have several credit cards, debit cards, and bank accounts plus cash? The Transaction Register is included in the application together with a list of all your accounts. OFX import is supported, so you can import your bank records to the Money app easily and instantly review your accounts, all on the same screen.
Plan all your income and expenses, and check with the available reports to determine whether your plans are accurate. Create reports for each item or category, or check a full report over time.
iBear's Money offers 13 expense categories including car, miscellaneous, taxes, entertainment, and more. When you are ready to analyze your assets and liabilities, Money has four main tabs for reporting: Transactions, Balance, Budget, and Reports.
Money uses a beautiful, realistic design reminiscent of a leather organizer, creating a more personal user experience. Everything works as closely as possible to a real-world organizer with paper reports, making your finance management more intuitive and enjoyable.
Important: internet socket permission in Money for Android is used for currency exchange rate update ONLY!
aAccounting has powerful features, like journal, chart of accounts, balance sheet and income statement. The user interface is very simple. Basic knowledge of double-entry is necessary.
Keywords: - finance, business, company, books, accounting, reports, double-entry, accountancy
[ Support iOS and Android ]
AndroMoney is a personal finance tool for use on your mobile phone. By using this tool, we hope you can better manage your wealth.
We focus on:
1.Ease of use: keep it intuitive to operate
2.Powerful:daily accounting, managing categories, or even drawing detail reports, AndroMoney can easily manage it.
As this App's name suggests, we hope AndroMoney will be the best personal finance tool on Android! If you have any problems about how to use it or ideas about how to improve it, feel free to email us. We appreciate your feedback!
- Multiple accounts and support account balance & account transfer
- Cloud Storage (Dropbox , Google Docs)
- SYNC with other devices
- Any currency with downloadable rates
- Number pad with calculation
- Hierarchical categories with custom attributes
- Simple/ Detail / Custom Budgets
- Trend, Pie and Bar charts for Expense and Cash Flow
- Password Protection
- Overview your expense and income summary
- Back up data to Excel/ Mac Number
*Recommended by Appgovideo.com (http://www.appgovideo.com/)
Manage your expense and money easily !
If you have problem please e-mail to us! ( We can't reply you on google play...)
Special thank to
Mario Lüthy for German translation.
Mike Kazonis for Greek translation.
Jean Marie for French translation.
Елена Трифонова for Russia translation.
Alessio Salerno and Carlo Pite for Italian translation.
>> You MUST have YNAB for Desktop to be able to use YNAB for Android <<
-- Voted Most Popular Personal Finance Software on Lifehacker Hive Five Poll
-- About.com 2011 Reader's Choice Winner for Best Personal Finance Software
-- "YNAB is great stuff - it really is." (CNN Headline Radio)
-- "If you need extra motivation to achieve financial discipline consider the budgeting software YNAB." (Kiplinger's Personal Finance)
-- Listed as one of 10 Personal Finance Tools You Should Use Now. (U.S. News & World Report)
-- "The budgeting software of choice for those who seriously want to start a personal or household budget." (About.com)
* Easily sync with YNAB for Desktop and other mobile apps (iPhones, iPads and other Android devices) over the Cloud.
* Updates are in near real-time (give or a take a few seconds)
* If your phone doesn't have an internet connection, it will "catch up" to any other syncs as soon as it finds a connection.
* It's seamless, automatic, and magical.
* It will improve the finances in your relationship by leaps and bounds (everyone's on the same page!)
* Cloud Sync uses Dropbox, a personal cloud storage service (an account is free).
* Add split transactions with ease.
* View transactions across all accounts.
* Enjoy the new home view for easy transaction entry and checking your category balances.
* Easily switch between multiple budgets if you use YNAB for personal and business budgeting!
With YNAB for Android, you will:
* Quickly Enter transactions on the go
* Check your category balances before making a purchase.
* View all historical transactions for every account
* Stay aware of your spending
* Never worry about unknowingly going over budget again!
FAST Transaction Entry:
YNAB makes it so quick and easy to add a new transaction, your budget can know about your latest purchase before you leave the store!
Multiple Android devices can sync with the same budget, making it easy for an entire household to stay on the same budget! (You can also have iPhones, iPads, iPods, etc. That app is found in Apple's App Store.)
Never heard of YNAB?
It's easy-to-use budget software coupled with a powerful methodology. Download our free trial at YouNeedABudget.com! It runs on Windows and Mac.
***** IMPORTANT *****
This is a companion app for YNAB for the desktop. You must have YNAB installed on your computer. (Note that it will not work with YNAB Pro, our old desktop application.)
Don't have YNAB yet? You can download a free trial of YNAB for Desktop at YouNeedABudget.com
REQUIREMENTS: You must have YNAB installed on your computer. (Free trial available at YouNeedABudget.com)
[Market license check] This is pretty self-explanatory.
[Full Internet access, view network state, view Wi-Fi state] These are all needed for the sync functionality, so we can read the device's IP address, check for connectivity, and talk to the Desktop app during the sync process.
[Read phone state and identity] We use the device's ID as part of the encryption process when communicating with the Android Market to verify the license status. This is recommended by Google.
[Automatically start at boot] This is so we can display the notification of unsynced transactions in the status bar when the phone boots up. The app doesn't leave any code running in the background all the time; this is a simple check on startup to display the notification, and then it shuts down again.
HandWallet Expense Manager is a free expense manager app used to control spending, plan budget, track expense and income and avoid over-draft.
• Unlimited expenses / expenditures
• Manage your cash flow, checking, credit cards, e-wallet or giftcard expenses
• Interactive graphical charts of your expense and income
• Voice recognition! Record your expense without typing ( Expense Tracker Recorder )
• Save you time: more than 100 built in categories and sub categories (Food, Health, Transportation etc)
• Multiple accounts
• Multiple currencies. exchange rates manager - automatically online exchange rates
• Money manager - travel abroad and manage all expense in your home currency!
• Can link each transaction to categories (what is the expense ?), location (where did this expense took place?), persons (who did the expense ?) or projects (to what activity this expense is related?)
• Budgeter - Plan budget for each category, person or project
• Let you attach images, documents or voice memo
• EXCLUSIVE! Payment manager and credit card manager - calculate the exact payments in your credit card according to your "grace period" and "due day". You will never be surprised again
• EXCLUSIVE! Loans manager - calculate the interest and linkage on your mortgage or loans
• EXCLUSIVE! Consumption manager - manage your expense by consumption. If you pay for something for the whole year show in the chart only the relevant part for each month!
• Personal accountant. Business users can track invoices, receipts, delivery notes and VAT
• Business users can manage different worlds: one for their business and one for their home
• Manage expense anytime anywhere - internet connection not required
• Personal finance management: personal / family calculator.
• Advanced search options to find a transaction bill invoice or expenditure
• Backup & restore of your expenses
• Let you share your information to Facebook, Twitter, Google and other social networks
• Online help within the app
• Fast, reliable & secured. Password protection
• Ahead of any other free app : Mint, Pageonce, EasyMoney, Daily Money, Daily Expense Manager and others
Why to use an expense manager / expense tracker ?
Because tracking expenses and personal finance on a daily basis will give you control of your financial life, help you to be organized and pay bills, save you money and give you a better chance to discover your full financial potential.
Why to use HandWallet Expense Manager ?
Because it's the best expense manager app. And because we are creating expense manager and personal finance accounting software for 10 years and know exactly why most people want to manage expense but only few succeed.
How to start ?
Download the expense manager app for free. Verify that your language, country and currency are correct. Hand Wallet will create 3 default accounts: cash, bank account and credit card. You can later change the names of these accounts by pressing the "Data" tab and then "Accounts", for example Bank of America, credit card visa or electronic wallet.
Then press the menu button and log your first expense. Track expenditures on a daily basis.
How to manage budget ?
Select the "data" tab and then categories. Select your category, for example " car expense ". Press the "advanced" button and select the type of budget: fixed budget, summarized budget, mix budget and so on. You can define a different budget for each period.
How to see a bar or pie graph of your expense ?
Press the "analyst" tab. Then select the category, for example " car expense " and the period.
You can switch between expenses and budget by using the icon at the left.
More add-ons to expense manager :
Download budget and budget widget, accounting widget, personal finance location and bank SMS to add more features to HandWallet Expense Manager