• Ambient Temperature
• Relative Humidity
• Linear Acceleration
• Magnetic Field
• Rotation Vector
• Temperature (deprecated)
Sensors is useful to understand the probing capabilities of a specific Android device. Sensors provides information about sensors Type, Vendor name, the model and version, its power consummation, resolution and other technical details of a specific sensor.
How does Sensors work
Sensors has been designed following the standard Android layout which will make this application very easy and intuitive to use.
The first time you run the application this Help document is popping up, which you can recall at any time by clicking the help menu.
The main screen contains a stack of buttons relative to each sensor which are usually found in Android devices. Should a button be disabled, the relative sensor is not present in your device.
By clicking on any enabled button you will launch a window with a spec list of that sensor, scrolling down to the end of the screen there is a button for testing it.
The SensorTesting window and Real Time Testing process
The SensorTesting window has been customized to fit with each specific sensor by reporting data provided by the tested sensor. For example the Accelerometer sensor provides three different values relative to X, Y and Z axes, the Proximity sensor instead provides a single value which reports how close is the device speaker to an object (usually the user ear but it can detect any other object even transparent). In the specific case of the Proximity sensor some devices report only close/far values as 1 and 0, some others instead give a more precise feedback by providing values relative to the distance.
Note that you have to activate the sensor or otherwise you won't get any value. For example when you test the Light sensor it might happen that in some devices you won't get any feedback and no value is shown, try to move your device close to a brighter source, value changes will be reported on the screen.
Return back to previous screen
To return back to the previous screen just use the device back key.
tags: sensor, probing, probe, testing, test, relative, humidity, magnetic, field, gyroscope, temperature, acceleration, accelerometer, pressure, orientation, vector, rotation, proximity, gravity, linear, diagnostic
With Senor Sense you can view all your sensors in real time.
Most sensors also display a chart with the output of the sensor so you can better watch the changes during the time.
Sensor Sense give you access to:
• Environment sensors
- Temperature sensor
- Light sensor
- Pressure sensor
- Relative humidity
• Motion sensors
- Gravity sensor
- Linear acceleration
- Rotation vector
• Position sensors
- Magnetic field
- Longitude, latitude and altitude
- Speed and accuracy
- Level, voltage and temperature
- Status and health
Sensor Sense combines all these features with a beautiful Holo design that brings the Pure Android feeling to you.
The sensors are presented in Google Now Card style.
Sensor Sense supports also:
• App 2 SD
Note: not all devices may contain all these sensors.
Please do not post any support questions in a review, but send me an email so I can reply on your questions.
Check which sensors are available and what they meassure. Useful for all developers, but also for everyone who wants to test the device's sensors.
Sensors: Accelerometer, Magnetic Field, Gyroscope, Light, Pressure, Proximity, Gravity, Linear Acceleration, Rotation Vector, Orientation, Relative Humidity, Temperature and Ambient Temperature.
Additional you can also check some more interesting device information about your Display, Hardware, Software, Battery, Memory,...
In portrait and landscape mode.
Don't hesitate to give a feedback. Please write an email if you got any problems.
- Large display shows real-time sensor values
- Detailed readouts include the raw sensor data
- View the hardware specifications for each sensor, including the component's name, vendor, version, power usage, update rate, and sensitivity
- Use portrait or landscape mode for convenient reading
- No special permissions are required for this app
This app displays ALL sensors available on your phone or tablet, not just the default sensor for each type.
IMPORTANT: The sensors built in to each device vary by manufacturer and model. If your phone or tablet device does not support a particular type of sensor, the sensor will not be listed in this app.
You can use the Sensors app to measure:
- acceleration, including force of gravity (accelerometer)
- gravity (gravimeter)
- rate of rotation (gyroscope)
- ambient light level (photometer)
- magnetic field (compass)
- orientation (position)
- ambient room temperature (thermometer)
- ambient humidity % (hygrometer)
- air pressure (barometer)
This plug-in is highly customizable:
-choose your light intensity value in a set of 8 predefined ones like full night, .. or sun day
-display the current light level
-choose a custom light intensity value
-choose the threshold to be “below” or “above”
-set up the minimum duration of the condition that will trigger the event
Google Play shows this app only to users who have a light sensor in their device. (If you are allowed to buy this app, then you have a light sensor.)
This Locale plug-in is from the same developper as:
-Locale/Tasker Ping Plug-in
-Locale/Tasker Light Sensor Plug-in
-Locale/Tasker Screen On Plug-in
-Locale/Tasker Screen Off Plug-in
-Locale/Tasker Proximity Sensor Plug-in
-Locale/Tasker Proximity Click Plug-in
This is not a standalone app. It requires Locale by TWO FORTY FOUR A.M. LLC or Tasker by CRAFTY APPS to work.
For Tasker users: Once installed, you will find this plug-in under the "State/plug-in" category, not under the "Event/plug-in" one.
- Ambient Light Sensor
- Pressure Sensor
- Ambient Temperature Sensor
- Proximity Sensor
- Relative Humidity Sensor
- Acceleration Sensor
- Gyroscope Sensor
- Magnetic Field Sensor
- Significant Motion Sensor
- Gravity Sensor
- Rotation Vector Sensor
- All location Sensors
Some of these sensors might not be available on your device. The app will show all the available sensors on your device.
** Under development. More features coming soon.
"Light Sensor" is a simple to use app to measure light illuminance in flux as well as foot-candela using ambient light sensor of your device.
★ Distinct features of this light sensor ★
* Light illuminance measurement in lux and foot-candela
* 5 sec timer to allow you to take light measurement
* No battery drainage whether app is running or minimized to background
* Calibration feature to make minor adjustments to measured value
* Fast response time
Accuracy of the light sensor may vary on different devices.
Make sure light sensor is facing the light source to get correct reading.
★ Coming soon ★
* Ability to save measurement(s) with notes
Keywords: Light Sensor, Light Meter, Lux, Candela
S4 Utils is a simple but effective.
Use the barometer sensor to show temperature, humidity and atmospheric pressure.
Added multitouch and proximity sensors
We hope you find it useful, and if so, what ye tell us.
- You can calibrate it (many devices doesn´t provide measurements in any standard unit).
- It shows you maximun,minimum and average measures.
- Units: lux (but you can use other units introducing a multiplication factor).
It will only show measures in compatible devices.
IMPORTANT! ABOUT RESOLUTION OF MEASURES:
Because of the resolution of the light sensor of some devices like Samsung Galaxy S2, in some devices the app will only give measures with a resolution of 10^n lux ( 10 lux, 100 lux, 1.000 lux...) or other kind of scale. It´s not a bug of the app, it´s due to the resolution of the sensor of these devices.
You should also keep in mind that this software shows the measures given by the device and so, if the device sensor doesn´t give good quality measures (it happens in some devices), this software won´t either give good quality measures. Please do not vote negative in that cases.
• Support for tablets with Light Sensor only (Make sure you set sensor sensitivity to low).
• Tasker integration with quick service start/stop toggle
• Schedule start/stop of service (Save battery power during night)
• Pocket/Flip or Smart Cover Mode: Turns screen OFF when sensor covered and ON when uncovered. (Feature requested by Galaxy Note users)
• Turn Screen On/Off with following gestures:
1) Swipe Once,
2) Swipe Twice,
3) Swipe and Hold,
4) Hold and Swipe and
5) Cover and Hold
• Ignore Apps list: Add the apps/games where you want to disable the service
• Widget: to start and stop the service
• ScreenOff shortcut: to turn off the screen by launching the app.
• Sensor Configuration : Based on your device select the sensor of your choice, or the one that's available and configure their values, as they are different for different devices.
• Enable screen on/off during calls only
• Disable call handling completely
• Battery Saving options:
1) Option to De-Activate sensors after timeout
2) Option to De-Activate sensors if power button is pressed or phone goes idle
• Override power button and screen-on by other apps (Phone is in pocket and you get a call or you accidentally press the power button, screen will remain off)
• Prevent accidental screen on
• Disable accidental lock - in Swipe to Screen Off mode if the sensor is covered for longer than specified duration screen wont turn off
• Vibration on screen On/Off
• App needs SDCard read/write permissions for debug logging support
• If app does not work with flip cover but works with hand, then try
a) Enable No-Recognize Delay and add about 4-5 seconds of delay
b) or try pasting a white piece of paper on the cover where the sensor is located, that will help the detection.
• If Gestures or any other settings (like lock-screen) are not working, please Clear app data from
Settings -> Application Manager -> Proximity Screen Off Pro -> Clear Data
• If you have problem where screen turns off and on again immediately, try using the option "Alternate Method to screen off".
• Default timeout after screenOn will be system display timeout. can be overridden by "Avoid screen Flickering"
• Removing/Uninstalling the app
- Launch ProximityScreenOff Pro and click Uninstall button
- System Settings , "Locations & Security" or just "Security" , Select Device Administrators and disable the ScreenOff App
• App needs Device Administrator privilege to lock the screen, If you have any questions on permissions used by the app, please send me an email and i will explain you the reason app needs them.
• To enable lock screen - Use option "Locks phone on screenOn" under "All settings"
For Support: Post you questions on
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=9884280# or (Send mail on mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org)
Galaxy Note, S2, S3, Tab, Htc OneX, HD2, Desire HD, Google Nexus,
Motorolla Xoom(Light Sensor), DROID Incredible
(Cover, Smart Cover, Screen, Switch, toggle, tap, power, battery, gesture, lock, smartlock, smart screen off, screen off, screen on, power saver, Galaxy Note, wave, tab, tablet, switch, nexus, s3, sgs, screen on, one touch, tasker)
- gravity sensor,
- linear acceleration sensor,
- rotation vector sensor,
- magnetic field sensor,
- light sensor,
- pressure sensor,
- relative humidity,
- ambient(room) temperature sensor.
Also report resolution, measuring range of the sensor, power consumed by a sensor.
SO, PLEASE DO NOT RATE ON ANDROID MARKET IF CALL LIGHT IS NOT WORKING FOR YOUR DEVICE.
Use Call Light to fix screen backlight timeout issue during phone calls.
*For phones running on Android OS 1.5 or higher.
*Please see application help for more information.
Please email any questions or comments.
Translations are welcomed.
It can record the values in a csv and plot values in a basic graph.
Sensor readings are provided unfiltered along with the sensor name reported accuracy, vendor and power consumption.
You can use it as a basic debugging tool to view the state of your device sensors.
For developers is a tool to test the functions of sensor API.
Free Adfree FOR EVER!
Update to version 1.2 changes:
Record sensor output in .csv file in the external sd, one measurement set per line.
CSV format details
timestamp(in miliseconds), first sensor value, second sensor value, etc
Update to version 1.1 changes:
Now supporting all new sensors
On long press copy sensor name to clipboard.
You can now monitor all of possible sensors like accelerometer sensor, magneti field sensor, gyroscope sensor, ambient light sensor, gravity sensor, orientation sensor and so on.
This is powerful development utility!
It requires below permissions:
Internet, Access Network State:
These permission is required by AdMob(Advetisement client), and these are only used for it.
- All output, graphed in real-time.
- Graphic demos & informative descriptions illustrate sensor properties.
- Enhance your device by opening up the hood!
- Even the most basic devices usually have an accelerometer, magnetic field, orientation, and light sensors.
- If you are curious, want to gain functionality or precisely measure the world around you, DroidSense has you covered!
Get DroidSense and see what your machine is packing!
All sensors are supported. This includes: accelerometer, magnetometer, gyroscope, orientation, light, pressure, thermometer, proximity, gravity, linear acceleration, rotation, relative humidity