A MIC testing tool to check what audio sources and channels are supported by device. I created this app after One Plus 3T phone call audio became garbage. This helped my figure out main corrupted MIC was used as right and left channels on CAMCORDER and MIC source modes. It means bottom mic is NOT always RIGHT channel in stereo.
- TEST PHONE CALL MIC: Select source MIC and channels MONO then start MIC. Blow air at bottom of phone. Some devices may also use more than 1 mics for filtering purposes.
- TEST STEREO: Select source CAMCORDER, channels STEREO then start mic. Blow air at bottom of phone and on rear camera. Check which channel has longer bar. This can help identify which mic is being used as LEFT RIGHT. This also tests sensitivity of MICs.
- Left = MIC1 and right = MIC2 are not guaranteed. It depends upon device maker. Sometimes left can be MIC2 and right can be MIC1. This can be tested by comparing MIC+STEREO and CAMCORDER+STEREO settings.
SIGNS OF BAD MIC:
- If there in no loud sound yet MIC meters bars go to red.
- If there is loud sound but MIC meter bars don't increase.
- Test actual audio. Record a video from OEM camera app (app made by company) and hear audios. Many companies use proprietary technologies which only work in their own apps. Do this before making conclusions just by using this or other apps. This app uses standard Android features.
- Many devices record MONO from their audio recorder but STEREO from camera app. Example One Plus 3T.
- Some devices FORCE MONO to all 3rd party apps but record STEREO, 3D etc from their own camera app. Example Nokia 8.1 etc are not MONO by hardware.