Plays MIDI files using SoundFont SF2 files. It can also be called a SoundFont Piano with USB midi & Keyboard Midi support, RMI player, midi recorder.
I am not working on this project from past many months. Midi has more internal support on latest Android and will keep getting better expect. I don't know when i will update this app but may be i will make locked features free. Total sales in past months make no sense to keep working on it. Anyone wanting a great midi player can try DroidSound app which has Bass midi driver and also supports packed SoundFonts. However i use my own player :). Please DO NOT BUY UNLOCK APP IF EXPECTING LONG TERM SUPPORT. But i will be happy if you want to make donations.
- Listen to midi & RMI (rmid) files with your custom instruments packed inside SoundFont files.
- Export midi + soundfont to ogg. (Extra function)
- Switch to soundfonts fast!. Depends upon Soundfont size.
- Test SoundFont instruments with a small virtual piano or USB MIDI Keyboard, Normal Keyboard. Supports Key, Volume, Pitch, Modulation, Pedal events. More should work but i could not test.
- Record to mid file from USB Midi keyboard, USB keyboard and virtual piano. (Extra function)
- Plug normal USB qwerty keyboard & play midi.
This app is not a dedicated (at least up to this version)
- Piano app.
- Music player replacement.
- Soundfont editor
- Using USB MIDI Keyboard device while midi file is playing might not work as expected because midi events change settings.
- If USB MIDI Keyboard doesn't connect try to turn it on & off & select this app is asked by OS.
- Not all SoundFont files with extension sf2 are supported. Only fluidsynth/PolyPhone-1.x supported sf2 are usable.
- Effects like Reverb, Chorus, high sample rate & interpolation can cause high load on CPU & cause glitch in audio. This app uses FluidSynth which requires powerful CPU. Reduce all options to minimum if glitch free audio is needed.
- Volume gain can cause audio clipping / noisy audio. Keep it below 1.0 if volume is already high for a midi with lots of instruments. Better is to keep this minimum & increase volume from device's master controls.
As reported by a user some Tyrian MID files were not playing which after testing i found were .rmi files with mid extension. I have updated app to play rmi files.
Latency issues on some devices.
- Most of midi used from www.vgmusic.com.
- Only those soundfonts, midi musics are use which had permissive license. However some license were hard to find. Musics are remake/remixes and may resemble OST of some popular game. In that case please let me know if you have problem with distribution of the musics. I will remove them :/
- The assets used were used with the purpose of giving a demo of audio produced by this app.
Powered by unmodified FluidSynth 1.1.6