The Nature Conservancy’s Healthy Trees, Healthy Cities (HTHC) will help you take actions to improve the quality of life in your community through the planting, care, and stewardship of trees in your yard, neighborhood and community. This easy to use app will cover the necessary steps to properly plant and care for trees, both new and mature. Healthy trees mean healthy communities. Learn how you can support trees where you live, work, and play by using the Healthy Trees, Healthy Cities mobile app.
The app has 5 modules:
• Tree Planting: Learn to properly plant the right tree in the right place because more trees mean cleaner air, fresher water, and safer streets.
• Proper Stewardship: Nurture and care for your tree by watering, mulching, weeding, staking, and creating tree beds
• Pruning: Keep trees healthy and strong with hygienic and structural pruning
• Tree Health Monitoring: Ensure your tree lives a long, healthy life with regular checkups
• Early Pest Detection: Protect your community’s trees by reporting signs of pests/diseases
Each module has supporting resources and videos to help you learn how to properly plant, care for, keep trees healthy for generations to come.
Share the actions you take with your friends and family by sharing pictures of your newly planted tree or trees that you are caring for in your community by using social media. Keep track of your trees using the GPS and mapping functions integrated into your phone or mobile device. Become a citizen scientist and share your actions, your data, and your observations with scientists to help better maintain and protect the health of trees in your community.