-quality earth view,
-no need to stay online, GlobeVU is 100% unplugged,
-interactive 3D environment with touch gestures, drag & pinch,
-basic geograhpics information, countries, cities, capital marking, border lines (more to come).
Have a good time with GlobeVU, do not forget to check updates and feel free to visit our website:
This is freeware - enjoy.
Please email me should you find errors or typos.
Discover the most interesting geological areas of Catalonia.
Geotops and geozones inventory with augmented reality.
Author: José A. Gil
Data source: Inventari d'espais d'interès geològic (Dep. Medi Ambient. Generalitat de Catalunya).
mVPM makes mineralogy to be easier to examine a thin section and to understand the characteristic properties for each mineral without a petrographic microscope, which is known to be very expensive. It is mainly addressed to students as a guide in individual or supervised laboratory work.
✔ A clean and fast application;
✔ Supports phones and tablets;
✔ Browse rocks which contain a classification for volcanic and plutonic rocks
✔ QAPF diagrams (volcanic and plutonic rocks)
✔ Glossary with terms used in optical mineralogy
✔ Search or browse for minerals by name or by their properties in thin sections;
✔ IdentifyMin is an algorithm for a fast and accurate identification of minerals in thin sections.
Note: I constantly update this application with new features and photos.
iGeology is for anyone who wants to explore the local geology, at street-level scale, virtually anywhere in the UK. Amateur geologists, walkers, gardeners and anyone else with an interest in rocks and landscape.
Find out about the rocks at the surface (superficial deposits) or the bedrock beneath.
Discover boreholes drilled in your area and look at their log records.
Use GPS to zoom to your location.
Search on place names or postcodes.
Show a 3D view of the geological landscape.
The maps use the British Geological Survey’s national scale (1:625 000) and ‘Landranger’ scale (1:50 000) geological datasets of the United Kingdom (UK).
5% of 1:50000 scale data is unavailable for England, Scotland and Wales.
Only 1:625 000 scale data is available for Northern Ireland.
Each topic is around 600 words and is complete with diagrams, equations and other forms of graphical representations along with simple text explaining the concept in detail.
This USP of this application is "ultra-portability". Students can access the content on-the-go from anywhere they like.
Basically, each topic is like a detailed flash card and will make the lives of students simpler and easier.
Some of topics Covered in this application are:
1. GEOLOGICAL SCIENCE
2. DEVELOPMENT OF ENGINEERING GEOLOGY
3. ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS
4. Geological Materials
5. Description of Geological materials
6. Porosity and Permeability
8. ROLE OF ENGINEERING GEOLOGY IN ENGINEERING
9. IMPORTANCE OF PRELIMINARY GEOLOGICAL INVESTIGATIONS
10. BRANCHES OF GEOLOGY
11. INTRODUCTION TO SOILS
12. INTRODUCTION TO ROCKS
13. GEOLOGICAL MASSES
14. Standard Weathering Description Systems
15. Ground Mass Description
16. Rock Mass Classification
17. SCHISTS AND GNEISSES
18. GEOLOGICAL MAPS
19. Understanding Geological Maps
20. Interpretation of Geological Maps
21. DRILLING TOOLS
22. MAPPING AT SMALL SCALE
23. MAPPING AT LARGE SCALE
24. Engineering Geological Maps
25. GIS in Engineering Geology
26. PURPOSE AND PRINCIPAL OF SITE INVESTIGATION
27. DRILLING PROCESS
28. DRILLING AND SAMPLING IN SOIL
29. Boring and Sampling over Water
30. Field Tests and Measurements
31. Strength and Deformation Tests
32. Measurements in Boreholes and Excavations
33. Engineering Geophysics
34. Properties of Minerals
35. ROCK-FORMING MINERALS
36. FELDSPAR - FAMILY
37. Quartz family
38. The Mineral AUGITE
39. Rhyolite Family
40. Fundamentals of process of formation of ore minerals
41. COAL AND PETROLEUM
42. Coal- Its origin and occurrence in India
44. GARNET AND MISCELLANEOUS ROCKS
45. Classification of Rocks
46. Difference Between Igneous, Sedimentary and Metamorphic Rocks
50. Igneous rock types
52. Metamorphic Rocks
55. Larvikite,ijolite and Carbonatite
56. Phonolite, Ultramafic Rocks and Pyroxenite
57. Conglomerate and breccia
58. METAMORPHIC ROCKS
60. Beds in 3D space
61. Strike and Dip
62. Inclined Bedding on Maps
66. Seismic Surveys
67. Electrical Resistivity Surveys
68. Electromagnetic Conductivity Surveys
69. Magnetic Surveys
70. REMOTE SENSING TECHNIQUES
71. Aerial Photographs
72. Satellite Images
73. Design and Construction of Road Tunnels
74. Factors that Influence Tunnel Seismic Performance
75. PREVENTIONS OF DAM CONSTUCTION
76. Sea erosion and coastal Protection
77. Internal Structure of the Earth
78. Building stones occurrences and characteristics
79. Origin of Sedimentary Rock
81. causes of Earthquakes
82. Classification of Earthquake
83. Classification of Seismic Waves
84. Fault Types
85. Seismic Zones of India
86. Construction of Earthquake Resistant Buildings and Infrastructure
- Easily DETECT the mineral of hand-specimen, from a list of minerals.
- Follow the 'handy' MINERAL CHART (with images) - anytime & grow knowledge.
- There is a DICTIONARY of all important Geology words. Take full advantage of it.
>> So many features are yet to come. Stay updated. <<
>> Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/geologyapp <<
It is an interactive key to identify common minerals.
Simply select a characteristic of a mineral and
enter the matching character values, such as
color and luster. The app will present you
with possible identifications including the
details and images of minerals matching the
List of characters
List of minerals
Touch to select or enter value
Displayed selected character values along with minerals
Auto-saved character status
Your feedback is highly appreciated.
Look at the landscape with your phone's camera and see the geological map painted onto the ground - geology in augmented reality.
Turn your phone in any direction to look around.
Walk around the landscape and the view will move with you.
Tap the screen on any point in the landscape to learn about the rocks you can see.
Use iGeology 3D with the iGeology geological map for a 3D view of other places.
The maps use the British Geological Survey’s 1:50,000 scale geological maps of the United Kingdom (UK).
iGeology 3D is intended for non-commercial use e.g. private study, research and educational activities. For commercial use of BGS data email: email@example.com
Check out our latest Geology Term Dictionary...
1. Equipped with quick dynamic search function (Fuzzy Logic) – The dictionary will start searching for the words while you type.
2. Bookmark – you are able to bookmark all your favorite translations for fast reference to your favorites list by clicking on the “star” icon.
3. Managing Bookmark Lists – you are able edit your bookmark lists or clear them.
4. Add New Words/ Terms – you will be able to add in and store any of the new terms in this Dictionary.
5. > 6,800 words – Included all the popular and daily use terms in the dictionary.
6. FREE – It is completely free. Download at no cost. FOC.
7. Work Offline – It work offline, no active internet connection is required. Perfect for your trips or when no data connection is available.
8. Small Size (few MB) – The dictionary will only take a small portion of your Android devices.
9. Android version compatibility – The Apps can work perfectly fine on all Android version either on latest ICS/ KitKat or older version.
10. Simple and easy to use interface. The app come with an user friendly function, allowing you to use with ease.
In addition, all the terms are listed alphabetically with faster search facility, easy to navigate through entire app.
This app will work as a great pocket resource for Geology terms and definitions.
Please rate this application 5 stars if you find this app benefited you.
Julia Dictionary Inc
Add information to mySoil by uploading your own soil description, pH, texture and photos.
mySoil is for anyone with an interest in the soil; including gardeners, farmers, students, environmentalists and land-use planners.
mySoil is a free app from the BGS and the Centre for Ecology & Hydrology.
You select an area and type of geologic map. Then you can learn about the geology around you by clicking on the different areas and the symbols in the map.
Right now you can see bedrock, soils, groundwater and wells / springs in the application.
This app will be updated with more Click and Learn modules in the future. It is geared for high school science students and anyone interested in the biological sciences.
The Howard Hughes Medical Institute (HHMI) is a nonprofit medical research organization that ranks as one of the nation’s largest philanthropies. HHMI plays a powerful role in advancing biomedical research and science education. Each year, HHMI brings the latest biomedical research into the classroom with the award-winning BioInteractive website and the Holiday Lectures on Science. BioInteractive features free resources for science education, including animations, videos, interactive features, and classroom materials. The Holiday Lectures on Science feature world-class scientists who bring their leading-edge research to the classroom.