Something is rotten in City Hall—can you uncover it and...win a Pulitzer? When the mayor unexpectedly resigns, it's up to you, the rookie reporter on the City Desk to find out the real story and get it into print. Right away you smell a rat. As you track down sources and information, your reporter's instincts, brains, heart, or impeccable writing will lead you to the truth.
"The Daily Blackmail" is a 33,000 word interactive fantasy novella by Mary Duffy, where your choices control the story. It's entirely text-based—without graphics or sound effects—and fueled by the vast, unstoppable power of your imagination.
In The Daily Blackmail, you'll get all the news that is (and isn't!) fit to print.
• Play as male, female, or non-binary.
• Cross paths with an evil editor, a mobster, and even scarier: the publisher.
• Lie, cheat, and steal to get your front page story.
• Press your colleagues, political cronies, and underworld sources for information.
• Reach for every reporter's dream—a Pulitzer Prize.