Play as Cinderella or her prince in a new twist on an old tale. You can usurp the throne, tear down the monarchy with a bloody revolution, and do just about anything you want to change this fairytale world you only think you know.
Explore a fantasy world filled with intrigue, danger, humor and magic while you navigate your royal role by continuing where the original story ended. Will you choose to take on the role of Cinderella, the classic character whose journey from peasant to princess is as fast as it is unexpected? Or perhaps you will experience life as her prince, a man born into power and privilege trying to find his way both in love and life outside of his father’s shadow? This is the first of many choices that could lead you to find love, win control of a country, or even alter reality itself!
"The Day After Ever After" is a 207,000 word interactive medieval fantasy novel by Matt Simpson, author of The Parenting Simulator, where your choices control the story. It's entirely text-based—without graphics or sound effects—and fueled by the vast, unstoppable power of your imagination.
• Choose between Cinderella and the prince as your main character: each has a set of three romantic interests unique to their playthrough.
• Customize the name for your character and their spouse through a list of preset options, or create your own!
• Lead armies, navigate the complex relationships of a royal court, and seize every opportunity you can to make your mark in this fantastical world!
• Finally give that snooty stepmother her comeuppance by framing her for treason!
• Uncover numerous endings that range from comedic to shocking: will you end up in a noose for mocking the king once too often, resist temptation and find a new life as a demonhunter, or defy natural law and rule for centuries? These and dozens more possibilities await you.
• Unlock fifty achievements to commemorate everything from warping reality to eating an endangered species!
• Live in the aftermath of a world where wishes come true!