In this unsettling, mature story with a set main character, help average office worker Ash gain the confidence to make new friends in an exclusive nude painting group. "The Gray Painter" is a 145,000-word, 20-chapter interactive novel. It’s entirely text-based, fueled by the vast, unstoppable power of your imagination.
You can select Ash’s sex, gender, and orientation. Ash begins the game in a relationship with Harper, a gender-selectable partner. The option to break up with Harper becomes available in Chapter 9.
Praise for the Gray Painter:
* "I haven't been able to stop thinking about it."
* "I came in without expectations and was pleasantly surprised. The characters feel deeply flawed but still understandable. My first impressions of everyone were all totally wrong."
* "What just happened, I was utterly not expecting that, stop messing with my head!!!!"
"The Gray Painter" depicts drug and alcohol use, smoking, inferred suicide, explicit sexual content, horror, and high-impact violence and gore. The story also features themes of body insecurity and dysmorphia. This is a story for adults aged 18 and up.
* Play as straight, gay, bisexual, pansexual, asexual, or all of the above.
* Meet seven complex, flawed, human characters.
* Immerse yourself in the sprawl of New Jersey in 2012.
* Turn a mild-mannered accountant towards a life of sex, drugs, and rock & roll.
* There are no secrets in this game. And if there were any secrets, it's best not to look for them.