ScreenSynth is a keyboard, fretboard or fingerboard for playing music. You can connect to a MIDI synth app/device or use the app's internal DX7 synthesizer for sound output.
- Configurable note layouts based on piano/fretboard/fingerboard instruments (e.g. piano/guitar/bass/violin).
- Touch force sensitive*, for piano-like control over the volume of each note played.
- Drag your finger over the screen to create vibrato or bend/gliss sounds between any pair of notes. Use this to play bluesy note bends or experiment with microtunings or carnatic music.
- Connect to other synthesizers (apps or devices) using MIDI output**.
- Uses a low latency*** emulator for the DX7 line of synthesizers to produce a wide range of sounds.
- Your own DX7 6-operator FM patches can be loaded and used (full version only)
- Can show you how to play songs by highlighting sequences of notes that should be played.
- No ads or data harvesting!
This is the Free version of ScreenSynth - please try it out! In the Full version you can also:
- Import extra synthesizer patches (.SYX files) so you can add more instrument sounds.
- Import more songs (.MIDI files) that you can then learn how to play them.
- Unlimited MIDI output to other synth apps/devices (limited to 30 second intervals in this Lite version)
The full version is available here:
*Force touch is only available if your device supports it - most phones and tables do.
**Requires Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) or later.
***Low latency audio is device dependent, but nowadays is supported by almost all devices.