The app was created by John, Keiran and Ryan, students at Wick High School in Caithness, Scotland. John, comes from a long line of farmers and helps with his family’s herd. The team know that the last thing farmers want is to be wasting time and energy on paperwork so they have come up with an idea for an app that solves this problem.
- Add and view information about each cow in your herd when you’re on the move
- Get alerts ahead of important dates e.g. when injections are due
- Upload the tag numbers for your herd
- Everything stored on your mobile phone - no expensive equipment needed
Cattle Manager was developed as part of the Apps for Good programme and won the “Power to do More - getting the most from your time ” category sponsored by Dell at the Apps for Good Awards 2013, the national app competition for young people across the UK. As an Apps for Good Award winner, the team worked with development agency Novoda to have their app prototype built professionally and publicly launched, with the support of Apps for Good and Dell.
Apps for Good is an education movement where young people learn to create apps that change the world. Apps for Good partners with educators across the UK to deliver its course to young people 10-18 years of age.
Please write a review and let us know how the app works on your farm!
GET IN TOUCH
Apps for Good is an open-source education movement that aims to build the next generation of problem solvers and makers. Find out more at www.appsforgood.org
iHerd has a server backend which enables advanced management and reporting as well as allowing multiple devices synchronize your data. Thanks to industry support, this web service is FREE and allows registration, customization and entry of user details.
Rivalling the most advanced cattle management software, the app regularly synchronizes all of your property and paddock data between managers. This gives you the ability to keep track of all your head, paddock details and property ID numbers whilst on the job.
Other features include a treatment cabinet that keeps inventory of your on-site chemicals, including treatments your animals are receiving and many more.
Synchronization between devices and the server means that all of your data is automatically updated from an iPhone or an iPad into an existing database, saving you time and boosting your stations overall productivity. Multiple users can manage the same property, treatment cabinet, herd changes and movements if they have been invited to the primary user’s account.
The App is designed by a serious property owner / livestock manager with a three generation connection to a large Australian property station group they operate with the help of managers. iHerd is the ultimate in Herd and livestock Management.
Produced by iApps Pty Ltd in conjunction with some of the largest cattle organisations in Australia.
Key features include:
• Property Management - enter details about your properties, yards and paddocks. Information is generated to help you assess the total number of cattle, the stocking rate, and the total size.
• Herds can be categorized by group, subgroup and breed.
• Herd Management - by property or paddock or yard movement / treatment record.
• Herd numbers by type (group, breed) and location (property, paddock, yard).
• Invite other users to help manage your account, with intuitive and fine-grained access controls that allow you to give them access to just a single property, your entire account, or everything in between. Invitations allow level of access from No Access (then override for a certain paddock) read only, read write, and admin.
• Manage movements between properties you manage, purchases, births, deaths, treatments, sales, lost and found, including a comprehensive history of each.
• Server will hold records which can in future be accessed via an iHerd account.
• Server records movement history / lost and found herds, allows property to property transfers on your account
• Tally counting.
• Transfers of cattle between paddocks, yards, and properties (server required), with automatic accounting and auditing.
• Treatment cabinet enables you to manage batches of specific chemical containers, recording of quantities and dosing size and purchase date / expiry date of pesticides and medicines held and used by each property.
The app contains several features all in an easy-to-use format. Below are a few of the features:
- Angus members have access to their AAA Login herd data
and the ability to enter calving book records from the field.
- Flexibility to tailor the app for your needs for your most used functions with a Configuration option. Simply press and hold your favorite icons to move them to the toolbar.
- Search for any registered Angus animal or Angus member.
- View current News Releases
- Browse Sale Books for upcoming Angus sales
- Sale Reports : see results of past Angus sales
- Show results : includes the top winners with photos
- See the latest Angus videos created by the American Angus Association
- View an extensive Angus events calendar for upcoming sales, shows and meetings.
- Use date calculators for gestation and performance measurements such as weaning and ultrasound.
- National Cattle Evaluation Information. EPD/$Value Percentiles, breed average EPDs and $values and more.
- Submit calving book entries to AAA
- More features available
- Watch for further updates
The American Angus Association is the nation’s largest beef organization, serving nearly 30,000 members across the United States and Canada. It provides programs and services to farmers, ranchers and others who rely on the power of Angus to produce quality genetics for the beef industry and quality beef for consumers.
1. Record daily production, daily packing data, dispatch and return details.
2. Report daily Fertigation and spray details thus enabling Fertilizers and Pesticides accounting.
3. Record employees daily attendance
4. Displays unpacked, packed stock, inventory of fertilizers, account payables and receivables
Monitoring fertility, health and feeding.
➤ Version 6 release:
* Complete new App
* Search cow function with individual cow data and graphs
* Overview of groups and alert lists
* Overview of management settings
➤ Version 5 release:
* Temperature alerts
* Light blue colored heat alerts during the first two hours
* Heat value increase, decrease indicator
* Nutrition graphs available for self-made groups.
* Improved user interface of heat- and health alerts.
* Management settings of heat attentions also apply to the CM App heat alerts
* Display of associated group name / number in expand screen.
➤ Version 4 release:
* Multi user authorization support (User management section CowManager website)
* Company selection list for users that are authorized to multiple companies
* Spanish and Portuguese language support
➤ CowManager version 3 features:
* New module: Nutrition
* Modular based design: Nutrition, Health and Fertility modules are only visible if purchased
* Battery consumption improvement
* Stability and performance improvements
* Added About screen to view active modules and app version number
> Fix: Android 4.2 and higher unable to update
> Fix: Crash when opening a chart
> Fix: Behavior chart hourly period not up to date
➤ CowManager version 2 release with many new features:
* New slide-out navigation menu to open system status, settings and alert views
* New chart views available with behavior, activity and temperature charts for alerted cows
* New CowManager system status overview
* CowManager system notifications on router, coordinator and PC failures
* Lactation value and days after heat fields added in expandable list of the alert view
* Added English, France and German language support
* Automatic language synchronization between the CowManager website and app
* Wifi and mobile network connectivity improvements
* New graphical user interface
* Android 3 and higher support added
FarmWizard is a recognized provider of agricultural software for the effective management of farm resources. We have developed a series of web based farm software solutions that can be easily implemented in minutes with no requirement for new software, hardware, or database creation. All our farming solutions are cloud-based which means:
You can view records anytime and anywhere
Records are all kept in one secure place
It’s quick and easy to update and view records
You can log in from your PC and mobile devices
easily extract strategic information from data
Our variety of Farm Software Solutions and Mobile Apps include:
Global Supply-Chain Manager