Please read the instructions CAREFULLY in "About" section to learn how it works. Otherwise, don't waste your money.
• For some incompatible Android devices, the app may crash when you open FPV Camera or Settings menu, you should then uninstall it immediately for refund.
*** FPV Camera (New Feature) ***
FPV Camera is an In-App purchase module (US$ 8.77 or equivalent). It brings a complete new FPV experience for flying your Phantom 2 Vision+ with innovative features. It does not intend to replace DJI VISION app, while certain features and settings of VISION app are excluded, such as Ground Station, Compass Calibration, Current RTH Altitude, Binding, Rename Ranger Extender SSID, etc.
Map includes 3 indicators (Home, Pilot, Aircraft) with auto-zoom and auto-rotate capabilities.
• Navigation Map
• Radar Map
• Full Screen
• Full Map
Custom Warning Message
• Pilot/Home Distance
• Camera Tilt-up: One-finger swipe-up and HOLD
• Camera Tilt-down: One-finger swipe-down and HOLD
• Camera Shutter: One-finger double-tap - You may even shoot JPEG photo when recording video.
• Start/Stop Video: Two-fingers double-tap
• Settings menu: One-finger swipe-left
• Up-to 12 Custom Telemetry Data
• Shoot JPEG when recording video
• Auto Recording
• Auto Booster
• Wi-Fi Wand
*** Booster ***
FPV Booster improves Wi-Fi video/telemetry connection (FPV, First Personal View) performance for DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ (P2V+) and the new P2V+ V3. It equips with a unique Smart Boost feature to boosts additional 50%-100% FPV range by a single click. We are the inventor of boosting Vision+ aircraft FPV performance from an app. It outperforms other booster and utility apps by reducing Wi-Fi interference.
• Normal Boost: It works better if you fly alone in wide open area without interference.
• Smart Boost: It keeps scanning and adjusting Wi-Fi signal in real-time to optimize FPV performance during flight. If it determines good Wi-Fi signal when P2V+ flying nearby, it would not turn on the booster until it's necessary to do so. It usually performs better in urban area with some sort of Wi-Fi, cell phones and other interference.
• Wi-Fi Channel: This setting allows you changing P2V+ Wi-Fi from channel-1 to channel-11 easily to minimize interference and the channel setting will be saved accordingly.
• Wi-Fi WPA Password: It allows you to add/change password and deny unauthorized access to your P2V+.
Please read FAQ below carefully prior purchase.
How it works:
1. Turn on both Phantom 2 Vision aircraft and RE500 range extender, and connect your Android device to Wi-Fi network as usual.
2. Open FPV Booster app, tap BOOST button. The app connects to Vision aircraft and RE500 range extender through the Wi-Fi network, then it boosts FPV range by applying Wi-Fi tweaks. It will then display a message "Your FPV is boosted. Happy flying!"
3. Open DJI VISION app to prepare takeoff.
Note: Every time when you power cycle Vision aircraft or RE500 range extender, you need to run FPV Booster app to take effect.
WARNING: FPV Booster is ONLY compatible with DJI Phantom 2 Vision (P2V) and RE500 range extender. Running the app on other incompatible platforms (including Phantom 2 Vision+ or RE700 range extender) may encounter unexpected results. It does NOT support mixed P2V and RE700 configuration.
Q1. Does FPV Booster increase Wi-Fi power of Vision aircraft or RE500 range extender?
A1. NO. FPV Booster uses various Wifi tweaks applying on Vision aircraft and RE500 range extender WITHOUT increasing Wi-Fi power.
Q2. How to test it working?
A2. Fly your Vision WITHOUT turning on the booster (as a reference) to your favorite flight path until Wi-Fi video dropped. Fly back your Vision and run the FPV Booster app, then fly again the same flight path with the same Preview Quality for apple-to-apple comparison. You may need to fly higher altitude for longer range in order to maintain line-of-sight. It may fly out of your 5.8G control range and trigger RTH.
Q3. Does it work with other Wi-Fi antenna and/or amplifier mods?
A3. We tested FPV Booster with stock (un-modded) Vision aircraft and RE500 range extender. As we are unsure how the mods are done, thus there is no way to guarantee the booster app working with other mods. However, using the booster app is way cheaper and easier than any hardware mod to boost FPV range, as well as eliminating all the hassles of adding/replacing 2.4G antenna, amplifier, high power repeater, pigtail cable, drilling & soldering.
Q4. What should I do if I could not achieve expected FPV result?
A4. You may email us with the following information for troubleshooting.
- What platform (iOS/Android) and version (indicated at upper right hand corner) of FPV Booster are you using?
- What is the FPV range, Altitude and Preview Quality BEFORE boosted when you think reaching the limit? If the FPV range (before boosted) is significantly shorter than DJI's specification, it might be hardware/software issues of DJI products. FPV Booster is unable to address the hardware/software issues.
- What is the FPV range, Altitude and Preview Quality AFTER boosted when you think reaching the limit?
- What message do you see on DJI VISION app, such as “Phantom Connection Broken” or “Control Signal Lost”?
- Do you fly behind trees, buildings or any obstacle? Are you able to maintain line-of-sight between you and your aircraft?