- Normal Boost: It works better if you fly alone in wide open area without interference.
- Smart Boost: It keeps scanning and adjusting Wi-Fi signal in real-time to optimize FPV performance during flight. If it determines good Wi-Fi signal when P2V+ flying nearby, it would not turn on the booster until it's necessary to do so. It usually performs better in urban area with some sort of Wi-Fi, cell phones and other interference.
- Wi-Fi Channel: DJI sets P2V+ Wi-Fi to channel-1 by default. If your home/neighbors Wi-Fi routers/APs are also on the same channel-1 or multiple P2V+ fly nearby, it may cause Wi-Fi signal interference to impact FPV performance. This setting allows you changing P2V+ Wi-Fi from channel-1 to channel-11 easily to minimize interference and the channel setting will be saved accordingly.
- Wi-Fi WPA Password: It allows you to add/change password and deny unauthorized access to your P2V+. It is similar to your home Wi-Fi network security. If you forget the password, you may press the reset button of the Range Extender to reset password and rebind Range Extender and the camera.
How FPV Booster works:
1. Turn on both Phantom 2 Vision+ aircraft and range extender, and connect your iOS/Android device to Phantom_XXXXXX Wi-Fi network as usual.
2. Open FPV Booster app, select Normal or Smart, and tap BOOST button. The app connects to P2V+ aircraft through the Wi-Fi network, Smart Boost loads a software component into P2V+ aircraft's memory on-the-fly temporary. It keeps scanning and adjusting Wi-Fi signal in real-time to boost and optimize FPV performance during flight. It will display a message "Your FPV is boosted. Happy flying!".
3. Open DJI VISION app, and Happy Flying.
1. FPV Booster does NOT install any software component onto Vision+ aircraft nor range extender permanently. Every time when you power cycle, you need to run FPV Booster app to take effect.
2. If you modified P2V+ software settings or other incompatible issues, you might get an error "FPV Booster Wi-Fi Channel setting is not compatible with your Vision+". FPV Booster may not be able to change P2V+ Wi-Fi channel.
WARNING: FPV Booster is ONLY compatible with DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ (Plus). Running the app on other incompatible platforms (including original Phantom 2 Vision) may encounter unexpected results.
Q1. Why do I get "Control Signal Lost" message about the same range even after boosted?
FPV Booster only boosts 2.4G Wi-Fi video/telemetry connection (FPV) while Control Signal Lost is due to 5.8G control link dropped.
Q2. Does it consume more battery power to shorten flight time or generate extra heat to damage the circuit?
A2. It consumes VERY little extra power and generate NO extra heat. It's estimated shortening less than 10 seconds of flight time out of 25 minutes.
Q3. How to test it working?
A3. Fly your P2V+ WITHOUT turning on the booster (as a reference) to your favorite flight path until Wi-Fi video dropped. Fly back your Vision+ and run the FPV Booster app, then fly again the same flight path with the same Preview Quality for apple-to-apple comparison. You may need to fly higher altitude for longer range in order to maintain line-of-sight. It may fly out of your 5.8G control range and trigger RTH.