Wi-Fi PCAP Capture uses an external USB RTL8187 Wi-Fi card and does not require a custom ROM or root privileges.
You will need a device running Android 4 or newer (for USB host support), a working USB host mode implementation (some manufacturers do not have a working implementation), a USB OTG cable or USB host port, and a RTL8187 based wireless NIC, such as the Alfa One.
Currently other wireless chipsets are not supported, though hopefully in the future they will be. Capture from the internal wireless device is not possible at this time.
Wi-Fi PCAP Capture is GPL, source is available on the website at http://www.kismetwireless.net/android-pcap/
It is an application which creates the log file of form which captures the packet which flows through the network interface of a terminal, and can be read with applications, such as Wireshark and tcpdump.
A log file can be sent to the application of e-mail, and others.
A log file is outputted by a binary file.
It cannot be concluded that applications, such as tcpdump and wireshark, are not used.
** When you uninstalled, please Stop the packet capture
** some commands are used, it may be unable to start
depending on a terminal.
Please understand the situation.
** when su command is old
There is the case that it does not start
== usage ==
* input path of a log file
* choosing a network interface
Capture is started by [Start] button.
[Start] Start packet capture in settings
[Stop] Stop the packet capture
[Display Log] A log can be displayed even when having started other applications
/sdcard/[The log file name to be saved]
[Send Log] A log file can be sent to the application of e-mail, and others.
[refresh interface] Displays the current interface that can listen
[Clear]The log is cleared.
[On] It makes it to wifi on.
[Off] It makes it to wifi off.
[Start] Surrounding wifi is scanned and displayed.
[Stop] The scanning is made off.
[Exit] The application program is canceled.
Advanced version of this app (Modbus Monitor Advanced) is available on Google Play with many more features and latest updates. Such as Built-in Modbus TCP Master and Server, Modbus TCP Sensors Server, Bluetooth, USB-OTG Serial Ports, and More.
- Multi-threaded Android Modbus TCP Master/Client
- Full Protocol Address Range
- FC1, FC2, FC3, FC4
- FC5, FC6, FC15, FC16, Auto (Paid/Advanced Version Only)
- USB-OTG Serial Port (RS232, RS422, RS485), Modbus Serial RTU, Serial ASCII (Advanced Version Only)
- Bluetooth Serial Port, Modbus Serial RTU, Serial ASCII (Advanced Version Only)
- Modbus TCP and UDP protocols (Modbus TCP, RTU/TCP, UDP, RTU/UDP) (Advanced Version Only)
- Packet Sniffer (See Transmit and Receive Packets from your device (Advanced Version Only)
- Talk to Multiple IP Addresses ( Advanced Version Only)
- Import and export from Email in CSV (Gmail, Android Email, Yahoo!, MailDroid, K-9, Aqua Mail, etc)
- Write single and multiple Coils and Registers (Advanced Version Only)
- Write Data in Unsigned, Signed, Hex, Binary, Long, Double, Float, String, and BCD format (Advanced Version Only)
-Languages: German, Spanish, French, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Russian and Chinese (Advanced Version Only)
- Advanced Test utility features ( Collect Interval, Inter-Packet Delay, Link-Timeout, TX/RX Counts)
- Data conversion (Hex, String, Long, Double, Float, and BCD)
- Statistics on Analog Values ( min, max, average)
- Easy list management ( long tap copy, paste, add, remove, delete)
This Android app blends the features of Test utility, SCADA, and Statistics (Min/Average/Max). Advanced Test Utility features allow defining your own Inter-Packet time delays, Interval, Link-Timeouts, showing multiple Registers per List Item, Packets Transmit, and Packets Receive counts. Use this advanced features to qualify your slow servers or troubleshoot your devices’ performance issues.
Easy SCADA features changes color showing good or bad data status as well as rich set of data conversions such as Hex, String, Long, Double, Float, and BCD. Easy to Add, Remove, and Modify List items by long-tap on any list item.
Please provide comments and ratings that are useful to others. Email any issues to email@example.com
www.ModbusMonitor.com contains online form in “Feeback” section for those who are interested providing feedback or feature request.