First Unicode Malayalam Bible for Android with English KJV and ASV versions.
Better font support for devices with JellyBean and above
NOTE: ICS users, please change Menu -> Preferences -> Unicode Rendering Fix to "Alternate Fix" to get good rendering.
Copy/Share/Bookmark verses. Swipe left/right for chapter navigation.
NOTE: Please uninstall (Home -> Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> Bible -> Uninstall) and re-install if you have trouble updating to new version. Contact developer for any issue.
For devices with Android v2.2+, preferred location of the app is SD card. Content database will be installed in SD card, if SD card is available. So app now requires permission to write to SD card.
Now you can customize the app through preferences menu available under device menu button.
Available options are:
Languages - Select primary and secondary languages to display
Display Layout - Choose one of the three layout options for displaying multiple versions
Font Size - Increase/decrease content font size
Theme - Select one of five background colors
Unicode Rendering - If your device (e.g: LG Optima) does't display Unicode characters properly, try "Alternate Fix" or "No Fix"
Malayalam content for this App is obtained from "The Complete Malayalam Bible In Unicode Ver 2.4" encoded by Nishad Kaippally. It may have minor errors. Any help in proof checking will be greatly appreciated. I will push updates to the content as a new version as it is available.
English content for this app is obtained from public domain.
Disclaimer: As Android doesn't support complex text layout for Malayalam unicode characters yet, there were some non-standard ways used to get the rendering (Like reordering the unicode characters on the fly, etc.) as a temporary solution due to Google's total disregard for incorporating the scripts of over 1.2 billion people. Author of the Malayalam content for this app doesn't endorse any non-standard implementation used in this app as it is counter productive to the objective of the project.
പഴയ നിയമം. Old Testament
 ഉല്പത്തി - Genesis
 പുറപ്പാടു് - Exodus
 ലേവ്യപുസ്തകം - Leviticus
 സംഖ്യാപുസ്തകം - Numbers
 ആവർത്തനം - Deuteronomy
 യോശുവ - Joshua
 ന്യായാധിപന്മാർ - Judges
 രൂത്ത് - Ruth
 ശമൂവേൽ-1 - 1 Samuel
 ശമൂവേൽ -2 - 2 Samuel
 രാജാക്കന്മാർ 1 - 1 Kings
 രാജാക്കന്മാർ 2 - 2 Kings
 ദിനവൃത്താന്തം 1 - 1 Chronicles
 ദിനവൃത്താന്തം 2 - 2 Chronicles
 എസ്രാ - Ezra
 നെഹെമ്യാവു - Nehemiah
 എസ്ഥേർ - Esther
 ഇയ്യോബ് - Job
 സങ്കീർത്തനങ്ങൾ - Psalms
 സദൃശ്യവാക്യങ്ങൾ - Proverbs
 സഭാപ്രസംഗി - Ecclesiastes
 ഉത്തമ ഗീതം - Song of Songs
 യെശയ്യാ - Isaiah
 യിരേമ്യാവു - Jeremiah
 വിലാപങ്ങൾ - Lamentations
 യേഹേസ്കേൽ - Ezekiel
 ദാനീയേൽ - Daniel
 ഹോശേയ - Hosea
 യോവേൽ - Joel
 ആമോസ് - Amos
 ഓബദ്യാവു - Obadiah
 യോനാ - Jonah
 മീഖാ - Micah
 നഹൂം - Nahum
 ഹബക്കൂക് - Habakkuk
 സെഫന്യാവു - Zephaniah
 ഹഗ്ഗായി - Haggai
 സെഖർയ്യാവു - Zechariah
 മലാഖി - Malachi
പുതിയ നിയമം New Testament
 മത്തായി - Matthew
 മർക്കൊസ് - Mark
 ലൂക്കോസ് - Luke
 യോഹന്നാൻ - John
 പ്രവൃത്തികൾ - Acts
 റോമർ - Romans
 കൊരിന്ത്യർ 1 - 1 Corinthians
 കൊരിന്ത്യർ 2 - 2 Corinthians
 ഗലാത്യർ - Galatians
 എഫെസ്യർ - Ephesians
 ഫിലിപ്പിയർ - Philippians
 കൊലൊസ്സ്യർ - Colossians
 തെസ്സലൊനീക്യർ 1 - 1 Thessalonians
 തെസ്സലൊനീക്യർ 2 - 2 Thessalonians
 തിമൊഥെയൊസ് 1 - 1 Timothy
 തിമൊഥെയൊസ് 2 - 2 Timothy
 തീത്തൊസ് - Titus
 ഫിലേമോൻ - Philemon
 എബ്രായർ - Hebrews
 യാക്കോബ് - James
 പത്രൊസ് 1 - 1 Peter
 പത്രൊസ് 2 - 2 Peter
 യോഹന്നാൻ 1 - 1 John
 യോഹന്നാൻ 2 - 2 John
 യോഹന്നാൻ 3 - 3 John
 യൂദാ - Jude
 വെളിപ്പാടു - Revelation
This is സത്യവേദപുസ്തകം - Malayalam Holy Bible. The Application is OFFLINE and does not need the internet connection.
Database will be downloaded when the application is run first time. We recommend you to use Wi-Fi connection.
1. History – every word you ever viewed is stored in history.
2. Favorites – you are able to add words to favorites list by clicking the “star” icon.
3. Managing History and Favorites lists – you are able edit those lists or clear them.
4. Various Settings – you may change application’s font and theme (choose one of several color themes).
5. Word spelling, using Text-To-Speech module (requires internet connection). Powered by iSpeech®.
6. Context word search – click any word in translation article and search for it’s translation.
7. Random word of the day widget. To see the widget in the list the application must be installed to phone memory (dictionary database may be installed anywhere).
This app contains advertising.
This version of the POC Malayalam Audio Bible permits you to hear the bible while online, free.
Both old and new testaments are available.
Off-line version permits you to download and hear the bible off line, without being necessary to be connected to internet.
Not All Books are available now. Unavailable books will be made available as and when they are recorded.
You can use your phone or device to hear the bible while using it for other purposes except phone calling.
Kerala Catholic Bible Society
POC, PB No: 2251,
Palarivattom, Kochi PIN: 682 025
Ph: 0484..2805897, 2805722, 2805815
web site: www.keralabiblesociety.com
The FASTEST Bible app and most efficient way to read & study the Bible. Quickly navigate to any verse and easily access tools to help further your understanding of the Bible. Over 5 million downloads on both iOS and Android, and over 400,000 people reading their Bibles each week!
The New International Version (NIV) Bible is the most popular English language Bible available today. It is an excellent translation into very good contemporary English. It is suitable for public and private reading, teaching, preaching, memorizing, and liturgical use.
• Take Notes
• Highlight or Underline words & entire verses
• Bookmark Verses
• Add Margin Notes
• 4 types of Navigation (Scroll Wheel, 3-Tap, 2-Tap, & Keyboard)
• Full Screen Immersive Mode by a simple double tap (Android KitKat and higher)
• Folders to organize your notes & bookmarks
• Access Study Bibles & read the study notes beside the Bible
• Offline (No Internet connection required for downloaded Bibles)
• Red Letter text for Jesus' words
• Search the Old & New Testament to find verses containing the entered keyword
• Night mode for low-lit reading areas
• History folder to access past 50 viewed verses
• Split-screen mode to read two Bible translations at once
• Share verses & notes via Google+, Facebook, Twitter, email, & SMS
• Bible talks to you! Text-to-Speech allows the Bible to be read to you out loud
• Change font size and font type
• Auto scroll allows the Bible to scroll automatically
• Backup all your purchases and created Bible data using a FREE TecartaBible.com account
• Cross References & Footnotes by long-pressing on dotted-underlined words & superscript letters
• Bibles (KJV, NLT, NKJV, ESV, GW, MSG, NCV, and more!)
• Commentaries (Matthew Henry's Concise, Commentary Critical & Explanatory on the Whole Bible, John Wesley's Explanatory Notes, John Gill's Exposition on the Whole Bible, and more!)
• Study Bibles (NIV Study Bible, NKJV Study Bible, NIV Woman's Study Bible, Lucado Life Lessons Bible, and more!)
• Devotionals (One Year Devos)
If you have suggestions, questions, or comments we would love to hear from you! Email us at email@example.com
If you need help or want to see all the features in your Tecarta Bible, please visit our Help website at http://tecartabible.com/help/
>>Designed to run on all versions of Android devices.
>>Capable to render Malayalam script perfectly.
>>No additional font installation required.
>>Easy to use interface.
>>Adjustable font size.
>>Night Mode for reading during night time (Good for your eyes)
>>Swipe functionality for chapter navigation.
>>Share Bible verses using social media sites (Facebook, Google+ Twitter), E-mail, IM clients (Skype, Yahoo Messenger and Google Hangouts) and SMS (you should have these apps installed on your device first)
Feature in Future:
>>Read out loud feature (Your phone will be able to read out Bible, verse-by-verse)
Compatibility: This app is optimized for Android OS 4.2. However it should run well on devices with versions 2.3 and high
This work is based on the Malayalam Bible published under : Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. Here is the link to the license: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/
*Track scores & post score for global ranking
*Built in question list and search dictionary
*Send a quiz by text message
*Review quiz report card by email
*Also includes quiz on people of the Bible
-Karunakontha, Rakthakannerinte Japamala
-Novena(Mother Mary's Novena,St.Antony's Novena,St. Alphonsa, St. Martin De Porres, St. George, St.Joseph, etc.)
-Kurishinte Vazhi (Way Of Cross in Malayalam)
The app is still under development. Please drop us an email(firstname.lastname@example.org) if you would like to add any specific prayers in this app.
Please email us your feedback. Your feedback and comments are well appreciated.
1 :- This Application contains Malayalam Unicode Font. If your device not support Unicode Fonts , you cannot
read properly. Before installing , please check your device's compatibility
2 :- For better reading , please update your Android version to at least 4.1
3 :- Please use your mobile Menu button to see the “catalog” to find out the recipes .
4 :- For increase or decrease the font size , please use your mobile Menu button. Then you can find " more + config + font size "
Indian Orthodox , Jacobite , Marthoma, Catholics, Maramon, Hymns, Kerala, Malayalam, Bible, christian
Bible (the βίβλια Greek, βίβλιον plural, transl. Biblion, "roll" or "book") is the religious text of sacred value for Christianity, in which the religious interpretation of human existence of reason on Earth in the Jewish perspective is narrated by humans. It is considered by the Church as divinely inspired, and it is a doctrine document.
According to tradition, accepted by most Christians, the Bible was written by 40 authors, between 1500 and 450 BC (the Old Testament) and between 45 and 90 AD (the New Testament), totaling a period of almost 1600 years. Most historians believe that the date of the first writings considered sacred is much more recent: for example, while the Christian tradition places Moses as the author of the first five books of the Bible (Pentateuch), many scholars agree that were first compiled only after the Babylonian exile, from other texts dating from the tenth and the fourth century BC. Many scholars also claim that it was written by dozens of people from different regions and nations.
According to a literal interpretation of Genesis (the first book of the Bible), man was created by God from the dust, after the heavens and the earth, between six and eight thousand years ago, and made a living after God breathed the breath of life in his nostrils.
It is the best selling book of all time with more than 6 billion copies worldwide, a number 7 times greater than the number of copies of the 2nd place of the List of 21 Books Bestsellers, The Red Book.
In the United States, the only president who did not make the oath of office with his hand on a Bible was Theodore Roosevelt (1901-1909), according to the official records of the Architect of the Capitol. John Quincy Adams (1825-1829), in his possession, according to letters written by himself, put his hand on a volume of constitutional law instead of the Bible to indicate who owned their loyalty. There are no records for former presidents John Tyler (1841-1845).
- Farsi Persian
New songs and videos will be updated periodically. Please email email@example.com with lyrics of new songs and a link to YouTube music video if any.
Visit www.verseview.info for VerseVIEW software for presenting Bible and Song Lyrics on Windows, MAC and Linux. Also checkout the VerseVIEW Bible Android App on the market.
Copyright: Binu Ariyappallil Joseph
Special thanks to Mr. Abraham George from Doha, Qatar for providing the lyrics and helping create the Malayalam and Hindi lyrics database along with the English transliteration for VerseVIEW. Also, special thanks to Mr. Jaimon Kuriakose from Thrissur, India for generating the icon and graphics for VerseVIEW Songbook
We are proud and happy to release the The Malayalam Bible Offline android for free. No internet connection is required to use this app.This app contains both "Old Testament" and "New Testament". Search option is also provided for quick reference. Forum has been included to have spiritual discussions.
We sincerely hope that this app will rejoice you.
App requires two permissions, namely
1. Your Location (For Ads)&
2. Network Communication (For Ads)
Please feel free to mail us your feedback. We are glad to accommodate to your suggestions in the App.
There are over 100 stories in the app. These are grouped in eight parts. A page at the beginning of each part tells briefly what is found in that part. The stories appear in the order that events occurred in history.
Feature this app you can :
- Find word / sentence on story.
- Bookmark page.
- Search by book name, chapter number or by word;
- Quick and simple navigation between pages;
- It´s possible to share any verse with the apps in your Android;
- Easy to read because there is a nice contrast difference between verses;
- Catholic Version;
The Bible (from Koine Greek τὰ βιβλία, tà biblía, "the books") is a canonical collection of texts considered sacred in Judaism as well as in Christianity. The term Bible is shared between the two religions, although the contents of each of their collections of canonical texts is not the same. Different religious groups include different books within their canons, in different orders, and sometimes divide or combine books, or incorporate additional material into canonical books.
The Hebrew Bible, or Tanakh, contains twenty-four books divided into three parts: the five books of the Torah ("teaching" or "law"), the Nevi'im ("prophets"), and the Ketuvim ("writings").
Christian Bibles range from the sixty-six books of the Protestant canon to the eighty-one books of the Ethiopian Orthodox Church canon. The first part of Christian Bibles is the Old Testament, which contains, at minimum, the twenty-four books of the Hebrew Bible divided into thirty-nine books and ordered differently than the Hebrew Bible. The Catholic Church and Eastern Christian churches also hold certain deuterocanonical books and passages to be part of the Old Testament canon. The second part is the New Testament, containing twenty-seven books: the four Canonical gospels, Acts of the Apostles, twenty-one Epistles or letters, and the Book of Revelation.
By the 2nd century BCE Jewish groups had called the Bible books "holy," and Christians now commonly call the Old and New Testaments of the Christian Bible "The Holy Bible" (τὰ βιβλία τὰ ἅγια, tà biblía tà ágia) or "the Holy Scriptures" (η Αγία Γραφή, e Agía Graphḗ). Many Christians consider the whole canonical text of the Bible to be divinely inspired. The oldest surviving complete Christian Bibles are Greek manuscripts from the 4th century. The oldest Tanakh manuscript in Hebrew and Aramaic dates to the 10th century CE, but an early 4th-century Septuagint translation is found in the Codex Vaticanus.
The Bible was divided into chapters in the 13th century by Stephen Langton and into verses in the 16th century by French printer Robert Estienne and is now usually cited by book, chapter, and verse. The Bible has estimated annual sales of 25 million copies, and has been a major influence on literature and history, especially in the West where it was the first mass printed book.
- Works Offline
- 75 different bible translations available to download.
- Installation in SD Card (Version 2.2 or higher).
- Search words inside the Bible
- Support for small screen phones. Like the Xperia Mini
- Fix the chapter screen for different screen sizes
- Fix the bible search when the search return no match.
- Share in SMS, Twitter, Facebook, Email etc
- Night Read Mode
- Option to remove ads.
- Books in alphabetically order (optional).
- Higher fonts selection.
- Tablet layout (HD).
- Cantor Cristão
- Multi words search
- Notes (Personal Notes)
- Marker verse colors
- Copy Verse
- Talking Verse (beta)
- Reading Bible Plan
English: King James Version
English: American Standard Version
English: Basic English Bible
English: Darby Version
English: Webster\'s Bible
English: Weymouth NT
English: World English Bible
English: Young\'s Literal Translation
Spanish: Reina Valera (1909)
Spanish: Reina Valera NT (1858)
Spanish: Sagradas Escrituras (1569)
Portuguese: King James Version
Arabic: Smith and Van Dyke
Aramaic NT: Peshitta
Armenian (Eastern): (Genesis, Exodus, Gospels)
Armenian (Western): NT
Basque (Navarro-Labourdin): NT
Chamorro (Psalms, Gospels, Acts)
Chinese: NCV (Traditional)
Chinese: Union (Simplified)
Chinese: NCV (Simplified)
Chinese: Union (Traditional)
Coptic: Bohairic NT
Coptic: New Testament
Dutch Staten Vertaling
Finnish: Bible (1776)
Finnish: Pyha Raamattu (1933/1938)
French: Louis Segond (1910)
French: Martin (1744)
French: Ostervald (1996 revision)
Georgian (Gospels, Acts, James)
German: Elberfelder (1871)
German: Elberfelder (1905)
German: Luther (1545)
German: Luther (1912)
Greek NT: Byzantine/Majority Text (2000)
Greek NT: Textus Receptus (1550/1894)
Greek NT: Tischendorf 8th Ed.
Greek NT: Westcott/Hort, UBS4 variants
Hebrew OT: Aleppo Codex
Italian: Giovanni Diodati Bible (1649)
Italian: Riveduta Bible (1927)
Latin: Nova Vulgata
Latin: Vulgata Clementina
Latvian New Testament
Manx Gaelic (Esther, Jonah, Four Gospels)
Myanmar/Burmse: Judson (1835)
Norwegian: Det Norsk Bibelselskap (1930)
Potawatomi: (Matthew, Acts) (Lykins, 1844)
Russian: Synodal Translation (1876)
Russian: Makarij Translation (Pentateuch) (1825)
Scots Gaelic (Gospel of Mark)
Tagalog: Ang Biblia (1905)
Ukrainian: NT (P.Kulish, 1871)
The Holy Bible, King James Version
First Published 1611. The 1789. Edition.
The Old Testament and The New Testament.
* Note: The installation size of the application is 1.9 MB
* Offline Bible version.
The application comprises:
- Daily and nightly mode for reading
- Adjust the text size
- Search verse by word or phrase using "quoted text"
- Bookmark favorite verses
- Mark favorite verses with specific color and add notes
✔ New Search functionality. Accessing from application menu or search button.
✔ The issue with showing more than 99 verses was fixed.
✔ The issue with font size on Samsung Galaxy Note and S3 was fixed.
✔ The problem with application Menu was fixed.
Menu option was not shown for Android v3 and higher.
✔ New functionality.
Viewing of user markers and favorites.
* Each prayer day jeweled with particular saint images
* Unique horizontal saints menu to choose from
* Auto selection of prayer based on current date of month
* Tween animation for text switching
* Pinch to zoom out & in.
~ An Initiative of Jesus Youth International in collaboration with EthicCoders
@CoverFlow Module - Courtesy Neil Davies (http://www.inter-fuser.com/)
If one is wondering what Jesus Youth Prayer is all about, then read on:
Prayer is a stepping out into the presence of the Divine, going beyond the here and now, but, at the same time, opening up the here and now to the grace and action of the Lord. The Divine Master spoke of the fine mixing of the two dimensions of the life of anyone committed to the Call. “Every scribe who has been trained for the kingdom of heaven is like a householder who brings out of his treasure what is new and what is old” (Mt. 13:52). The Jesus Youth Prayer combines the rich heritage of Christian prayer with the contemporary modes of spontaneity and Spirit-led dynamism
Our manner of prayer will surely determine the quality and style of our life. This is true of the individual, but more so of a movement. In the Jesus Youth Prayer there are very traditional as well as creative and dynamic elements. Entering into the serenity and depth of the time-tested traditional patterns of prayer will gradually form a person rooted in the spiritual heritage of the ages and ensure faithfulness to the little things of life (Mt. 25:21). At the same time the joyful spontaneity and a Spirit evoked lively participation will stir up a new zeal for the Lord and lead one to a creative commitment to the Kingdom. A wholesome prayer results in wholesome Christian life, balancing our commitment to the love of God and commitment to be present in the world today.
In the Jesus Youth movement there are prayer meetings which follow the Charismatic style of fully spontaneous leadership and participation, but in a small group gathering, in the meeting of a Jesus Youth Team or other fellowship gatherings, the Jesus Youth Prayer will be quite appropriate. For a person new to fellowship prayer, the present mode will be helpful for easy participation. On the other hand, for those experienced in participative prayer, the Jesus Youth Prayer will open up new depths of inner life and spiritual discipline.
The present prayer format inspired by the traditional patterns of community prayers in the Church has the following steps:
1. Introductory: The prayer begins with the sign of the cross and the community renews its participation in the life of the Trinity. This is followed by a short time of singing and spontaneous praising. 2. Psalter: The psalm is prayed alternating between two sections. This could be followed by a longer time of songs, free praise and lively spontaneous prayers. Its duration could depend on the time available and the occasion.
3. Word of God: A suitable passage from the Bible is read. A time of silent recollection for a few minutes could follow. 4. Reflection on the Word of God: Many could share their insights during this time. But in a more formal setting one person could be asked to share the reflection.
5. Response: A prayer of response using the meditations or prayers of a saint will surely lead us towards greater depth in spiritual life. 6. Intercession: The group, at this stage, spontaneously articulates various needs and all join in interceding for these intentions.
7. Conclusion: With the Lord’s Prayer and blessing the prayer comes to a close.
- Easy to use full screen bible verse reading.
- Easy to use pull up drawer to select any book, chapter and verse.
- Introduction page prior to all the books in the bible.
- Pinch to zoom for Multi - touch devices and zoom tab for non Multi - touch devices.
- Favorite verse selection by just double tapping the favorite verse.
- Background music while user is reading (on/off users preference).
- Konkani (Kannada script) keyboard for advanced search of words in Konkani (Kannada script).
- Voice based search (English) of the bible book with or without chapter and verse.
- Saves the last read state automatically so next time the application is opened you read it from where you left.
Background music Courtesy : Mickey Dalisay http://www.facebook.com/mikeydeeh
Icons Courtesy : www.mysitemyway.com
~A joint venture of the Diocese of Mangalore and Jesus Youth Mangalore. App developed by EthicCoders.
- Easy full screen bible verse reading for your ease.
- Easy books, chapters & verse selection by 'sliding drawer'.
- Font size selector for user's comfort.
- English book, chapter & verse search.
- Integrated Hindi Keyboard to search specific Hindi words in the bible. (Just enable the keyboard when needed)
- Last read verse state is saved automatically, so that whenever you relaunch the app, you can continue from where you left.
~ A joint venture of Jesus Youth International and archdiocese of Delhi. Database courtesy Bible Mitr, archdiocese of Bhopal and app developed by EthicCoders.