First Unicode Malayalam Bible for Android with English KJV and ASV versions.
NOTE: ICS+ users, please change Menu -> Preferences -> Unicode Rendering Fix to "Alternate Fix" to get good rendering.
Copy/Share/Bookmark verses. Swipe left/right for chapter navigation.
NOTE: Please uninstall (Home -> Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> Bible -> Uninstall) and re-install if you have trouble updating to new version. Contact developer for any issue.
For devices with Android v2.2+, preferred location of the app is SD card. Content database will be installed in SD card, if SD card is available. So app now requires permission to write to SD card.
Now you can customize the app through preferences menu available under device menu button.
Available options are:
Languages - Select primary and secondary languages to display
Display Layout - Choose one of the three layout options for displaying multiple versions
Font Size - Increase/decrease content font size
Theme - Select one of five background colors
Unicode Rendering - If your device (e.g: LG Optima) does't display Unicode characters properly, try "Alternate Fix" or "No Fix"
Malayalam content for this App is obtained from "The Complete Malayalam Bible In Unicode Ver 2.4" encoded by Nishad Kaippally. It may have minor errors. Any help in proof checking will be greatly appreciated. I will push updates to the content as a new version as it is available.
English content for this app is obtained from public domain.
Disclaimer: As Android doesn't support complex text layout for Malayalam unicode characters yet, there were some non-standard ways used to get the rendering (Like reordering the unicode characters on the fly, etc.) as a temporary solution due to Google's total disregard for incorporating the scripts of over 1.2 billion people. Author of the Malayalam content for this app doesn't endorse any non-standard implementation used in this app as it is counter productive to the objective of the project.
1 :- For better reading , please update your Android version to at least 4.0
2 :- Please use your mobile Menu button. You can see the catalog and very easy to find out the the songs.
3 :- For increase or decrease font size , please use your mobile Menu button. Then you can find " more + config + font size "
Indian Orthodox , Jacobite , Marthoma, Catholics, Maramon, Hymns, Kerala, Malayalam, Bible, christian
TOP ON PLAY STORE, OF ITS KIND,
NOW YOU CAN SET WALLPAPER.
The Holy Rosary on the go,in malayalam...!!
App will automatically select day and mysteries.
Two Rosary type:-
53 beads rosary
203 beads rosary(full rosary)
Joyful (mon - sat)
Sorrowful (tue - fri)
Glorious (sun - wed)
1) Set wallpaper
2) Change font size
3) Keep screen on
4) Install shortcut
5) Change back color
Volume up and down keys to count each beads. Or '+' button to count each beads.
New songs and videos will be updated periodically. Please email email@example.com with lyrics of new songs and a link to YouTube music video if any.
Visit www.verseview.info for VerseVIEW software for presenting Bible and Song Lyrics on Windows, MAC and Linux. Also checkout the VerseVIEW Bible Android App on the market.
Copyright: Binu Ariyappallil Joseph
Special thanks to Mr. Abraham George from Doha, Qatar for providing the lyrics and helping create the Malayalam and Hindi lyrics database along with the English transliteration for VerseVIEW.
For Tamil and Telugu version, tap on OPTIONS and select it as one of the versions.
The copyrights to the Malayalam, Hindi, Tamil and Telugu Bible belong to Bible Society of India. Visit the VerseVIEW website (www.verseview.info) for the free desktop (Windows, MAC and Linux) version of VerseVIEW for presenting Bible verses and songs.
Please email me of any errors found in the Bible text.
NOTE: Bookmarks and Notes are not supported on devices with Gingerbread (2.3) or earlier version of Android OS.
The use of the VERSEVIEW software downloaded through Android Marketplace is done at your own discretion and risk and with agreement that you will be solely responsible for any damage to your system or loss of data that results from such activities. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from VerseVIEW or from the VerseVIEW web site shall create any warranty for the software. The end user is responsible for abiding by local regulations with regards to distribution of religious material.
Application: Binu Ariyappallil Joseph
Bible Text: Bible Society of India (BSI)
MALAYALAM LANGUAGE - മലയാള ഭാഷ
NEW VERSION RELEASED ON May 01 , 2012
PLEASE RATE AND COMMENT IN MARKET IF YOU LIKE IT !
PLEASE READ INSTRUCTIONS & HELP FOR BETTER EXPERIENCE !!!
Malayalam Dictionary & English Dictionary Bundled together !
"Shabda Sagaram" is available for Mobile Platforms (Currently, for Android Platform Only).
Unlike other dictionaries, there is no word limit or activation charges. This one is ABSOLUTELY FREE !!!
This dictionary works with an internet connection (GPRS/EDGE/3G/WiFi) only.
I would like to express my sincere gratitude to "Mashithantu.com" for providing such a beautiful dictionary online so that we could make use of it. (Contains 90,000+ words with meaning )
This dictionary is capable of searching both Malayalam and English words.To get the meaning for an English word, you just have to enter the word after setting mode to "EN". To enter a Malayalam word, first set the mode to "ML". Now type in "Manglish" letters corresponding to your Malayalam word (refer screen-shots). As you type, this App will suggest Malayalam words related to your "Manglish" word in a drop-down list.( You can also optionally make this transliteration to happen after pressing "space" - please see the "Settings" screen-shot) Now, select your word and press search.
Also if there is a list of "Similar Words", comes after a search, you can tap each word to get its meaning.
Current Version : 126.96.36.199 - 188.8.131.52 (Released First Version!)
- Major Bug Fixes!
- Minor Layout Changes.
- Now shows example statements, if available.
Current Version : 0.9.4.1 - 0.9.4.4 (still in beta!)
New Features and Changes :
- Programmatic Font Rendering is now an option! ( since most of the Indian phones now have in built "Indic font rendering" support)
- Transliteration By Word / Letter , is now an option !
- Now shows list of similar words (if any), on which you can tap to get their meaning.
- Now shows meaning for an incomplete word, with possible suggestions.
- Now shows if word is noun or adjective or verb etc.
- Now has a clear button to quickly clear the search field!
- Fixed all the "force close" bugs..!
- Added click-able link to go to market and rate/comment!
Previous Version : 0.8.3.7 (beta)
- Malayalam Text Rendering support (when showing results) brought to all phones !
- Now displays all the available results. (previously it was limited to max. 3 results )
- Now supports android version 1.6 onwards !!
- Resolved scroll issue ( result invisible)
- Ads are moved to top.
First Version : 0.7.0.5 (beta)
First ever, FULLY FREE android English-to-Malayalam and Malayalam-to-English dictionary which enable you to search Malayalm words by typing in desired word. Capable of showing results in both English and Malayalam.
You can use any Malayalm keyboard to directly input Malayalam word or use transliteration service provided by Shabda Sagaram to transliterate Manglish-to-Malayalam.
Enjoy Shabda Sagaram FREE. :)
Did you LIKE face book fan page : (Get in touch with development details)
blog entry :
With this app, we bring the history of Kerala & Malayalam. The app has very unique reading experience that you will enjoy reading stories and articles. We have added several features to the app, so you will feel as if you are reading a book with out any hassles.
1. Bookmark (Create a new one, edit the existing, delete the bookmarks)
2. Font Size (Five different font sizes to choose based on your reading preferences)
3. Layouts (Four Layouts, Classic, Modern, Black and White)
4. Reading preferences - will be restored when ever you open the app
So, with this app, we bring the very unique reading experience to everyone, please do download the app, and let us know what you think. We are planning to bring more and more such apps in future. Please do rate the app better, so all our friends can find the app and download.
History & Favourites/Bookmark Options.
Word Suggestion Support.
Move to SD Card option Included.
Word Pronunciation included.
Word Clear Button.
Speech To Text function included(Needs Internet in Normal Hand Set)
This is the First Malayalam Quran Transcript for Android, to read the meaning of Qur'an in malayalam language and yet understand Islam to its fullness.
Translation is the choice of words described by human in their own mother languange. Translation is not version of al-Quran. Original Al-Quran is in Arabic language and it has no other version. If you see and hear the arabic one that is Al-Quran. It is the same like it was 1400 years ago. Never been changed and preserved by Allah swt. To make it clear, this is not quran. Merely, a translation. Al-Quran was transmitted to us in a chain starting from the Almighty Himself (swt) to the angel Gabriel to the Prophet Muhammad saw in form of wahyu.
So, let us start now, open your heart, insha allah, you'll find the truth.
-Simple and easy user interface.
-Option to download and play the audio file of the Quran.
-For that, permission to write to the SDcard is need.
-The downloaded file will be kept in "QuranAudio" folder inside SDcard.
-Once downloaded, that file will be used to play the audio translation of the corresponding chapter.
-User can swipe left/right to navigate chapters.
-Unlimited bookmarks feature.
-Goto Ayat option.
Included Quran verses
Action bar feature for latest Android versions
Disclaimer: Information provided in this App is intended for research and educational use only. Distribution of religious material is restricted and or prohibited by law in certain countries, and may constitute criminal offences. The owner of this App does not endorse the propogation of any religion or doctorine and is not liable for the actions of individuals who may choose to distribute this content.
Malayalam calendar 2014 allows you to view maasam, vaaram, thithi, and nakshatram information for all days in the year 2014 in Malayalam
Users can select any date and get information for that particular date
Highlights full moon day and no moon day for each month
Displays the list of festivals in Malayalam for the currently selected month.
The app has the the following features.
1) Read the full chapters of Bhagavad Gita and its meaning.
2) Mark favorite quotes for future reading.
3) Read random quotes.
The Bhagavad Gita is 700-verse scripture that is part of the Hindu epic Mahabharata. This scripture contains a conversation between Pandava prince Arjuna and his guide Lord Krishna on a variety of theological and philosophical issues.
Commentators of Bhagavad Gita see the setting of the Gita in a battlefield as an allegory for the ethical and moral struggles of the human life. The Bhagavad Gita's call for selfless action inspired many leaders of the Indian independence movement including Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi, who referred to the Gita as his "spiritual dictionary".
The famous commentators of Bhagavad Gita include Aldous Huxley, Henry David Thoreau, Albert Einstein, J. Robert Oppenheimer, Ralph Waldo Emerson, Carl Jung, and Herman Hesse.
1. The Holy Bible in Malayalam, Spoken in the state of Kerala in India, Published by International Bible Society, Since 1997
2. The Holy Bible in Basic English, Published by Cambridge University, Translated by Prof. S. H. Hooke, University of London, BBE is composed of 1,000 words since 1949.
3. Extra Contents
☞ Extra Contents in English
1. Bible Reading Plan for 50 Days/Weeks
2. 60 Bible Key Verses
3. The Lord’s Prayer, The Apostles' Creed, and The Lausanne Covenant
4. Bible Reading History (Save by Pressing menu in each chapter)
5. Searching the Bible verses by words, Listening Audio, etc.
1. Offline Bible (Internet connection is not required.)
2. Very useful to study English with the best book in the world
3. Supporting Extra Large Screen (both portrait and landscape mode)
☞ The app. can interact with audio files in "audio4bible" folder in external storage.
The audio file name format needs to be "[Book]-[Chapter].mp3", eg. /mnt/sdcard/audio4bible/2Chronicles-36.mp3
※ Note! This app. provides the function working with audio files. It does not provide actual audio files. You may download audio files separately from following:
For the books of gospel, search with the keyword "Audio4Bible", e.g. Audio4Bible - Mark
ps 1. You can distribute this application freely in any situation for His favor. ;)
ps 2. There are many different language versions of Simple Bible from the project.
You can find by searching with the keyword "Biblesmith".
ps 3. There are Kids Bible Story series apps. We hope this can help to the faith of our kids.
You can find by searching with the keyword "KBS - Kids Bible Story".
※ You have been taught the holy Scriptures from childhood, and they have given you the wisdom to receive the salvation that comes by trusting in Christ Jesus. 2 Timothy 3:15
☆ The Holy Bible in this language and over 70 different language Bibles are also accessible in the following site:
★ Simple Bible and Kids Bible Story series are all free.
Currently, we are in the project (The Bible-smith Project) that develops third-party language bible apps for more efficient evangelism. Please pray for this.
To donate this project, you can buy "Simple Bible Gift ()" packages from the market.
In Malayalam Language there are many Phrases or Proverbs, Which are known as "Pazhamchollukal" in Malayalam.
Some of these Proverbs sorted based on their area related and make it as an Application.
It is Good reference for the people who want to know about the Malayalam Proverbs.
There are thousands of proverbs in Malayalam, but few hundreds only here can see.
More from developer
- Easy full screen bible verse reading for your ease.
- Easy books, chapters & verse selection by 'sliding drawer'.
- Font size selector for user's comfort.
- English book, chapter & verse search.
- Integrated Hindi Keyboard to search specific Hindi words in the bible. (Just enable the keyboard when needed)
- Last read verse state is saved automatically, so that whenever you relaunch the app, you can continue from where you left.
~ A joint venture of Jesus Youth International and archdiocese of Delhi. Database courtesy Bible Mitr, archdiocese of Bhopal and app developed by EthicCoders.
* Each prayer day jeweled with particular saint images
* Unique horizontal saints menu to choose from
* Auto selection of prayer based on current date of month
* Tween animation for text switching
* Pinch to zoom out & in.
~ An Initiative of Jesus Youth International in collaboration with EthicCoders
@CoverFlow Module - Courtesy Neil Davies (http://www.inter-fuser.com/)
If one is wondering what Jesus Youth Prayer is all about, then read on:
Prayer is a stepping out into the presence of the Divine, going beyond the here and now, but, at the same time, opening up the here and now to the grace and action of the Lord. The Divine Master spoke of the fine mixing of the two dimensions of the life of anyone committed to the Call. “Every scribe who has been trained for the kingdom of heaven is like a householder who brings out of his treasure what is new and what is old” (Mt. 13:52). The Jesus Youth Prayer combines the rich heritage of Christian prayer with the contemporary modes of spontaneity and Spirit-led dynamism
Our manner of prayer will surely determine the quality and style of our life. This is true of the individual, but more so of a movement. In the Jesus Youth Prayer there are very traditional as well as creative and dynamic elements. Entering into the serenity and depth of the time-tested traditional patterns of prayer will gradually form a person rooted in the spiritual heritage of the ages and ensure faithfulness to the little things of life (Mt. 25:21). At the same time the joyful spontaneity and a Spirit evoked lively participation will stir up a new zeal for the Lord and lead one to a creative commitment to the Kingdom. A wholesome prayer results in wholesome Christian life, balancing our commitment to the love of God and commitment to be present in the world today.
In the Jesus Youth movement there are prayer meetings which follow the Charismatic style of fully spontaneous leadership and participation, but in a small group gathering, in the meeting of a Jesus Youth Team or other fellowship gatherings, the Jesus Youth Prayer will be quite appropriate. For a person new to fellowship prayer, the present mode will be helpful for easy participation. On the other hand, for those experienced in participative prayer, the Jesus Youth Prayer will open up new depths of inner life and spiritual discipline.
The present prayer format inspired by the traditional patterns of community prayers in the Church has the following steps:
1. Introductory: The prayer begins with the sign of the cross and the community renews its participation in the life of the Trinity. This is followed by a short time of singing and spontaneous praising. 2. Psalter: The psalm is prayed alternating between two sections. This could be followed by a longer time of songs, free praise and lively spontaneous prayers. Its duration could depend on the time available and the occasion.
3. Word of God: A suitable passage from the Bible is read. A time of silent recollection for a few minutes could follow. 4. Reflection on the Word of God: Many could share their insights during this time. But in a more formal setting one person could be asked to share the reflection.
5. Response: A prayer of response using the meditations or prayers of a saint will surely lead us towards greater depth in spiritual life. 6. Intercession: The group, at this stage, spontaneously articulates various needs and all join in interceding for these intentions.
7. Conclusion: With the Lord’s Prayer and blessing the prayer comes to a close.
- Easy to use full screen bible verse reading.
- Easy to use pull up drawer to select any book, chapter and verse.
- Introduction page prior to all the books in the bible.
- Pinch to zoom for Multi - touch devices and zoom tab for non Multi - touch devices.
- Favorite verse selection by just double tapping the favorite verse.
- Background music while user is reading (on/off users preference).
- Konkani (Kannada script) keyboard for advanced search of words in Konkani (Kannada script).
- Voice based search (English) of the bible book with or without chapter and verse.
- Saves the last read state automatically so next time the application is opened you read it from where you left.
Background music Courtesy : Mickey Dalisay http://www.facebook.com/mikeydeeh
Icons Courtesy : www.mysitemyway.com
~A joint venture of the Diocese of Mangalore and Jesus Youth Mangalore. App developed by EthicCoders.