The moving map in the well known IC*O-style supports the pilot with the navigation and thus leaves time for the bright side of flighing.
The integrated database includes over 4,500 airfields and waypoints from many european countries with information about airport names, frequency and runway information. A "double tab" on any point on the map shows this additional information.
By the support of the OpenAir file format, any airspaces (including gliding sectors) can be shown on the map.
Especially helpful: After downloading the desired maps (completely free) as well as the airspace files, VFRnav works completely offline and does not require an existing data connection at any time. Not even a SIM must be available in your smartphone. (Advise: For optimal battery life it is recommended to switch on the flight mode during your trip)
With the track recording feature you can track any flights. Tracks can be exported as KML files and/or sent by e-mail . Flown routes can be shown on Google Earth. The flight time recording also automatically records time and place of takeoff and landing and calculates the time of flight.
The development of VFRnav is made in close contact with the users. We set a high value on the intuitive use and usability as well as an Android typical app-design. In the current second version many ideas and suggestions have been implemented which have reached us in the past few months by e-mail. Thank you at this point for the extensive feedback.
The basic functions of VFRnav can be tested without any time limitation. If you like VFRnav, you can purchase a license for currently 49,95 Euros. This will give you free updates for one year. After the 12 months a lower priced update license can be purchased. VFRnav itself can be used unlimited.
By the way: The license is personal but not linked to any specific device. If you use multiple Android devices with the same Google account, your license is valid on all your devices.
Requirements: For the real time air navigation a device with GPS is required. Furthermore your smartphone or tablet needs at least 200 MB of free space. VFRnav has been tested on Android 2.2 up to 5 (Lollipop) . A minimum display resolution of 480x800 pixels is recommended.
If you have any questions do not hesitate to contact us by e-mail.
Disclaimer: Please note that VFRnav is not an officially approved aid for the flight preparation and air navigation. A guarantee for the correctness and completeness of data cannot be given. We are not responsible for any use of this application. Please check the data displayed always with official maps of aviation.
VFRnav est une application de navigation aérienne pour les pilotes VFR.
Moving map GPS for a little price!
Air Navigation for Android is a real-time aircraft navigation application with integrated flight planning. Using the GPS receiver (integrated or external) and accelerometers of the Android it can emulate different types of real IFR or VFR aircraft navigation instruments. Using the navigation plan editor, you can prepare and store navigation plans and use them in the cockpit with the moving map.
It contains free maps of the entire world as well as official aviation charts for many countries. The application costs a fraction of the price of a dedicated portable aviation GPS.
Air Navigation comes fully loaded with worldwide aviation waypoints (more than 160000). The database also contains airspace information for many countries. By using the database and maps, you can quickly plan your route, distance and estimated time of flight.
Real aircraft instrument HSI
Air Navigation imitates real aircraft instrument, gathering information from GPS to create realistic image. With Air Navigation you will not only get a moving map but also realistic images of the instrument HSI.
Please find the user manual on this web page:
To contact us regarding bugs, crash and other issues with the software, please use the support center:
**** We do not provide support on reviews page ****
**** Support is available 24/7 at https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/apps4av-forum */
Avare (pronounced "Av Air") is a free moving-map aviation GPS & EFB app.
Note: Internet access is required only for installing the app, an aviation database, and at least 1 chart; then for any updates. We recommend that you TURN OFF AUTOMATIC UPDATE in your Play app, and manually update Avare and then its Downloads.
Avare provides offline moving map on all FAA charts (VFR Sectional, IFR lo/hi enroute, Approach Plate, WAC & TAC); plus A/FD info, Airport Diagrams w/GPS Taxi, and Terminal Procedures. Also included: GPS status, Terrain/Elevation Maps, 50 Nearest airports, Obstacles, and more. Some FAA Charts cover Puerto Rico, plus parts of Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean. All of this is Completely Free with no ads (unless you tap Options/Ads to see our sponsors). Canadian topo moving maps and unofficial airport info are also now available and volunteers may add other countries. If you use and enjoy Avare, your optional donation is requested to support expenses & continued development.
Note: Like all apps for portable devices, Avare is not FAA certified but may be used as outlined in FAA documents. Also see our NOTICE below, and the FAQ on our website for links to FAA documents.
•Made by & for pilots
•Easy to learn & use
•Quick & responsive
•All free FAA materials & more
•Runs on most Android devices
•No ads or invasive permissions
•Type in any address or coordinates.
•METAR & TAF (Internet fetch).
•ADSB NEXRAD, METAR, TAF, PIREP, Winds (free AddOn apps).
•Graphic & text TFRs (Internet fetch).
•Terrain maps & Canada topo, MSL & AGL display.
•External GPS, autopilot and flite sim (free AddOn apps).
•Obstacles: Any over 500' AGL within 200' of GPS altitude.
•Frequencies, runways, fuel availability, & other A/FD info.
•13000+ Geo. referenced approach plates and taxi diagrams
•Landscape or Portrait display Preference, North Up or Track Up (NU/TU).
•Draw notes directly on-screen, or Pan freely around charts (Draw/Pan).
•Press any two points on chart for approximate distance between them.
•Location icon can be centered or track from your placement on screen.
•GPS compass direction, Bearing, and Distance to and FROM any point on the map by long-pressing one finger on that point. Great for your ATC and CTAF radio calls.
Avare installation begins with the small app, and then fetching an aviation Database and at least one chart. You can of course choose additional charts and materials for Avare to Download free at any time.
Note: The FAA occasionally changes their charts such that outdated charts may incorrectly display your location in Avare, so be sure to Update any charts you may use in flight! ANY time you plan to Update a chart, first ensure that you have the latest version of Avare and its Database.
After installing Avare, please use the Help feature to begin. New features are being added very quickly in response to user feedback. You can Contact us directly via our apps4av google group Forum to share your questions, feedback, and feature requests.
Launch Note: Press the square Avare Options button at the bottom left of the Map screen to access Help.
NOTICE: This software is provided "as is" and any express or implied warranties, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose are disclaimed. In no event shall the copyright holder or contributors be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, exemplary, or consequential damages (including, but not limited to loss of use or data) however caused and on any theory of liability, whether in contract, strict liability, or tort (including negligence or otherwise) arising in any way out of the use of this software, even if advised of the possibility of such damage.
This is a 30 day free trial of Naviator. Please see the "Subscription Information" section below for more details.
Notice: we do not provide customer support via Play Store reviews. Please contact our Support Team for customer support issues.
Naviator is a full-featured moving map GPS app for pilots. For less than the price of an hour of fuel you can have access to GPS navigation technology that would have cost thousands of dollars only a few years ago!
Quickly and easily share your flights with your friends on Naviator Hangar! (http://hangar.naviatorapp.com/)
• GPS moving map with airspace, airports, radio navigation aids, airway intersections, TFRs
• All navigational data is downloaded to your device - no internet connection is required while you are flying
• Easy "rubber band" flight planning
• Support for ADS-B receivers including the Dual XGPS 170, iLevil, SkyGuardTWX, Flight Data Systems Pathfinder and various receivers from FreeFlight Systems
• Integrates with ADS-B or the Zaon XRX for real-time traffic display
• 3D synthetic vision with terrain and obstacles/towers
• Global terrain database with terrain warnings
• Global Forecast Engine provides winds aloft anywhere on the planet up to 54,000 feet
• GPS track recording - upload your recordings to your Naviator Hangar (http://hangar.naviatorapp.com)
• Integrates with Microsoft Flight Simulator
• Integrates with X-Plane using the "X-Plane to GPS" app (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.appropel.xplanegps)
• Get a weather briefing and file a flight plan from right inside the app
• Vertical navigation (VNAV) calculator
• Canadian data including airspace, airports, navaids, terrain and weather
• NMEA output - Naviator can drive your aircraft's autopilot
• "Bring Your Own Charts" - you can import custom maps and charts into the app. See our forum for more details.
Our support forum is located at http://forum.naviatorapp.com/
Subscriptions provide access to all app, chart and data updates for the duration of the subscription.
Naviator is free of charge for the first 30 days of use. After this free trial period, the following items may be purchased:
(a) 30 Day Chart Subscription - $4.99 USD
Enables full app access for 30 days*
(b) 1 Year Chart Subscription - $34.99 USD
Enables full app access for one year*
(c) Unlock Naviator - $14.99 USD
Intended for pilots who do not fly in the United States, this one-time charge permanently unlocks all features of Naviator, except FAA approach plates, sectionals, TACs, IFR enroute charts, TFR updates and the "BYOC" feature.
Includes database updates, weather updates, high-detail VFR base map, terrain database and 3D synthetic vision
* geo-referenced approach plates require an optional subscription from Seattle Avionics. See our website for details.
US AIRPORTS ONLY.
Please leave your ratings and comments to show your support and appreciation. Thank you.
* Detailed info on 5,500+ US public use airports
* Favorite airports/Wx
* Nearby airports/Wx/FSS
* Nearby navaids from an airport
* Detailed ILS info
* Weather radar images
* Prognosis images
* Winds aloft images
* Pressure altitude/density altitude
* Sunrise/sunset in local and UTC time
* Instrument procedures a.k.a. Approach plates (PDF)
* A/FD pages (PDF)
* ATC frequencies
* ATC phone numbers
* FSS frequencies
* Scratch pad to note down ATC and Wx
* UTC Clock, stopwatch and countdown timer
* US AIRPORTS ONLY
* NO BANNER ADS! AT ALL! EVER!
* Free data updates as per FAA data cycle (Every 56 days for A/FD and d-A/FD, every 28 days for d-TPP and Library).
* Fine (GPS) Location - To determine current location to show nearby airports/wx stations.
* Full Internet Access - To download data files, weather, NOTAMS, AeroNav PDFs etc.
* Modify/Delete SD Card Contents - To store data files, cache weather data and PDFs.
* View Network State - To check if connected to internet and to determine if connected to WIFI for downloads.
* Market Billing Service - To allow donations to be processed.
FlightIntel does not use the obnoxious banner ads to generate revenue and never will. Also, providing data updates every 4-8 weeks takes a considerable time and efforts. Please show your appreciation by donating generously. Help me make FlightIntel one of the best in its class.
The AeroNav products (TPP PDF charts and A/FD PDF pages) are only available after making a donation. This is because due to recent policy change by AeroNav, I have to pay for the DVD to get access to the important metadata file. Please consider donating at one or both levels to help me continue working on this app.
Follow on Twitter: @FlightIntel
User Groups: https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en&fromgroups#!forum/flightintel-users
Issue Tracker: https://github.com/nhasan/Airports/issues
IMPORTANT: If you are experiencing FCs, please make sure you are running the latest release and have installed the latest data update.
Keywords: A/FD, AFD, Navaids, Pilots, Aviation, Flightplan
Es bietet sowohl die klassische Rechenfunktion für die Flugplanung, als auch eine GPS-Funktion zur Unterstützung der Navigation während des Fluges.
Das Programm ist sehr einfach in der Bedienung und nach dem Prinzip aufgebaut:
Zuerst den Flug planen, mit Ermittlung von Kurs, Flugdauer und Treibstoffverbrauch,
dann der eigentliche Flug mit GPS-Unterstützung,
und nach der Landung festhalten der Start- und Landezeiten.
Es handelt sich hier um eine voll funktionsfähige Version, deren Laufzeit zunächst auf 30 Tage begrenzt ist.
Die dauerhafte Freischaltung können Sie direkt über Google Play erwerben.
PilotCalc berechnet für die Flugplanung aus den Eingaben von:
* Geschwindigkeit des Luftfahrzeugs
* Verbrauch pro Stunde
* Start und Ziel
die Ergebnisse für:
* Kurs und Entfernung
* Geschwindigkeit über Grund
* Zeit bis zum Ziel
* Verbrauch bis zum Ziel
Die GPS-Funktion bietet zusätzlich während des Fluges:
* aktuelle Position
* Entfernung zum Ziel
* Sollkurs Richtung Ziel
* Kurs über Grund
* Geschwindigkeit über Grund
* Zeit bis zum Ziel
* Verbrauch bis zum Ziel
* Start-und Landezeiterfassung
Das Programm bietet außerdem:
* Koordinaten von nahezu sämtlichen Flugplätzen in Deutschland und Österreich (ca.1000).
* Direkteingabe von Koordinaten, Kurs und Entfernung werden dann automatisch berechnet.
* 50 beliebige Koordinaten können mit Namen und Koordinaten gespeichert werden.
* Anzeige der Sonnenauf- und untergangszeiten für Start und Ziel an einem beliebigen Datum ( Angabe für beliebige Koordinaten zwischen 72° nördlicher und 72° südlicher Breite ).
* Alle Funktionen werden direkt auf dem Handy ausgeführt. Das Programm benötigt keinen Zugang zum Mobilfunknetz und verursacht während der Benutzung keine Verbindungskosten.
* Das Programm ist vollkommen frei von Werbung.
Use this app to access your SkyDemon subscription on your Android device, unlocking SkyDemon's powerful features while on the move.
FLIGHT PLANNING FEATURES
- SkyDemon vector charts are the clearest aeronautical charts you'll ever use, with dynamic airspace clipping and choice of map layers
- Route planning is as simple as touching consecutive waypoints and dragging to make changes
- Virtual Radar shows how your route relates to airspace, terrain, obstructions and other features
- Pilot Log facility calculates headings and groundspeeds from actual wind data, and shows useful frequencies
- Plates and other documents for relevant airfields are displayed automatically as you plan
- Intuitive pan, pinch and rotate support with no loss of map clarity or text legibility
- File a VFR flightplan for your route directly to air traffic controllers
- Automatic TAF and METAR briefing as you plan a route, with graphical decoding
- Both narrow-route and area NOTAM briefings available, updated as you plan
- Advanced NOTAM graphical interpretation and depiction on the main map
- Warnings for airspace and other potential hazards to your flight, updated in real time
- Airfield Admin Information shows useful contacts and other details for airfields featured in our charts
- Forecast winds aloft are automatically retrieved for the flight time and displayed on the map
- Create an advanced flight performance profile for each aircraft you use
- ATS Routes mode offers an alternative chart presentation for flight along airways
- Accurate fuel, weight and balance calculations including flight costings
- Create an unlimited number of user-defined waypoints
- Analyse your track logs for posterity
- Choose between many different vector chart styles
- Extensive European chart coverage as standard
GPS NAVIGATION FEATURES
- Intelligent warnings for approaching airspace, NOTAM, obstacles, terrain and other hazards
- Virtual Radar shows a side-on projection of all approaching features and how your trajectory relates to them
- Vector map automatically follows the aircraft in north up, track up or course up orientation
- Clear and concise instruments show you flight statistics and help keep you on track
- An HSI/ILS instrument helps you keep to your planned route and line up early for approach
- Pilot Log shows progress through your route, ETAs, ATAs and useful frequencies based on your current position
- Direct To allows easy re-routing in a hurry by picking from a selection of nearby airfields
- Live updates of TAF and METAR while in flight, with associated alerts*
- Extended runway centrelines appear automatically on the map as you near your destination airfield
- Permanent display of position relative to nearest well-known waypoint, for position reporting
- Easy changing of the planned route while in flight by touching
* Internet connection required for live weather update while in flight
- Altimeter ASML, ASFC (correction GUND)
- Speed (ground - air), Wind analysis
- Artificial Horizon (simulation from accelerometers). The measure does not use gyroscopes, the use of the artificial horizon in flight is clearly not feasible.
- Clock local or UTC
- Taking notes (finger).
This program (operational) validate the process of deploying intented to innovative navigation program "Aero Nav" type moving map available shortly.
Track information https://www.facebook.com/pages/Aero-Concept/358043240996779
- This is the GPS APP that can not miss on your smartphone during your flight VFR or IFR.
- With it, simply choose one of more than 263.000 waypoints (ILS VOR NDB FIXES OR AIRPORTS) in the database or one of the user-defined and ready. Just follow the HSI and reach the destination.
- All world covered on most complete database in Google Market:
- 17.000+ ICAO Airports
- 229.000+ Fixes
- 6.600+ ILS
- 4.500+ VOR
- 6.200+ NDB
- Another important feature is that any time you can see the decoded METAR of destination airport with only one touch on the screen.
- Designed to be simple to use, no complicated functions and without maps, which, in many cases, hinder and confuse the user with small screen devices.
- To further facilitate the user's life, this APP has been translated into three languages (English, Spanish and Portuguese) which are adjusted according to the language of your smartphone.
Tags: navigation, navigator, aircraft, airplane, plane, aviation, pilot, METAR, GPS, HSI,
navegación, navegador, avión, aviación, piloto, navegação, avião, aeronave, aviação, IFR, VFR
Made by pilots, for pilots! All proceeds go towards my instrument rating.
Note: Always cross check with your current AFD. Updates will be issued frequently (imported directly from the FAA database), but there is no guarantee of up-to-date information. This app does NOT allow you to listen to frequencies - a scanner or transceiver is required to listen to the frequencies listed. If you experience any problems, please e-mail me BEFORE posting a bad review!
Our simple user interface has been honed over years of use by pilots just like you to be easy to read and operate in your aircraft. Pinch-zoom to your optimum text size, use landscape or portrait mode, on your phone or tablet, and let DSSCalc adjust to suit you! DSSCalc is used by pilots flying everything from single engine general aviation aircraft all the way up to commercial airliners and even military aircraft, so the calculations take in to account a wide range of operating conditions.
Even if you already have a favorite pre-flight calculator, you'll still find DSSCalc to be invaluable while flying in your aircraft with our large easy to read text and button options and simple, streamlined calculator-style input screen.
•Solve problems by type: Time/speed/distance/fuel, Altitude/airspeed, Wind/weather/sun, Weight and Balance, Performance, Conversions, and Latitude/longitude.
•DSSCalc exclusive! Performance computation adjusts takeoff ground roll for slope, wind and weight!
•Enter calculation values in any order, change them on the fly at any time.
•Easy-to-use menus guide your inputs through each problem.
•Weight and balance calculations support %MAC for swept-wing aircraft.
•Fuel calculations in US or metric units. Configurable weight of fuel in pounds per gallon allow fuel calculations for AvGas, Jet, Auto or any fuel!
CFI Tools Crosswind Calculator
PURPOSE: The Crosswind App is used to calculate the crosswind and headwind components of the wind relative to a given runway heading.
It's a simple tool used to explain a complex topic.
HOW TO USE the Crosswind Calculator:
- Select the Runway
- Select the Wind Direction
- Select the Wind Speed
- See the Solution
About CFI Tools
I'm a Pilot and a CFII. I build these Apps and other software for my own use.
The Apps have been for sale now for a number of years. They have been enhanced and updated based on listening to the suggestions of the pilots who use them.
Any suggestions for improvement or new apps are always welcomed.
Have a good flight.
InFlight has three main views:
1) Primary Flight Display with gyro-based attitude indicator with slip and rate-of-turn indicators, speed, altitude and heading tapes, and nearby airport information. If nearby terrain or obstacles are within 1000ft of your aircraft, a pop-up terrain/obstacle map will appear on this screen. Heading tape shows track and bearing lines for navigation
2) Moving map with airports, navaids, terrain and obstacles, and full Flight Plan navigation. Airports are color-coded for gliding range. Terrain shows elevation shading and yellow/red warnings. Map has zoom and pan functionality, and can show track up or North up
3) List of nearby airports, with color coding to determine which ones are within gliding range. Airport information includes distance, bearing, and length of longest runway
For devices without gyro sensors, attitude is derived from GPS.
InFlight requires purchase of a regional database once every 3 months for about $3, to maintain current terrain/obstacle/airport information. The database expires every first day of the quarter and a new one is available 10 days before the end of the quarter.
We offer databases for North America, Europe (includes all of Turkey), Asia, Oceania (Australia & New Zealand) and South America. Elevation and airport data is available everywhere. Obstacle information is currently only available for North America.
Continuous Adaptive Auto-Calibration adjusts the gyro for sensor drift as a result of temperature, engine vibration and sensor errors. A Kalman filter combines input from multiple sensors for better attitude stability. When starting the app for the first time, leave it at rest for at least one minute to allow for calibration.
For correct indication, the device needs to be placed vertical, with the screen facing the pilot, but aligned with the axis of flight (i.e., not rotated for better viewing). Level the attitude indicator by tapping the center at any time.
If desired, choose 'Use GPS for attitude' to force GPS-derived attitude indication (ignoring gyro sensors).
Sensors are optimized for use in flight, and will show dip and bank at slow speeds (eg in a car).
Upon start-up, the tapes will show red X marks to indicate that no reliable GPS signal is available. Once a reliable GPS signal has been captured, speed and altitude tapes will show. If attitude is derived from GPS, the attitude indicator and heading tape will show once moving at a speed of greater than 10 kts. A reliable GPS signal may not be possible indoors.
The frequency of GPS updates varies considerably between devices. The age of the last GPS fix is shown when >3s, to warn that the GPS data is old. All indications are not reliable when the GPS data is old.
Data is derived from GPS, and therefore only an approximation of actual air speed, altitude and heading (and attitude for devices without gyro sensors). Do not use for primary navigation or attitude reference. You assume total responsibility and risk associated with this application.
Most devices have accelerometer sensors, but this is not the same as gyro sensors. Gyro attitude is only possible with gyro sensors, so please check your device documentation to confirm you have gyro sensors. If not, InFlight will derive attitude information from the GPS, which is still very useful in flight, but not as smooth and accurate as gyro indication.
DISCLAIMER: This app is not FAA approved and should not be used for primary navigation. All information is presented for reference only. You assume total responsibility and risk associated with this application
Follow us on https://www.facebook.com/gpsairnavigator!
IMPORTANT: the new Android permissions requested when install or update the app (Send_SMS and Receive_SMS) are needed for the new MAYDAY feature. These options of send and/or receive SMS inside the app are entirely controlled by the user in the app Settings.
• real-time GPS moving map
• graphical visualization of country air space (experimental)
• database with more than 56.000 system waypoints
• create and manage your own user waypoints
• create and manage your routes and legs
• MAYDAY button: send an automatic SMS with current location (only in devices that support this feature) and activation of a route to the nearest waypoint
• show real-time flight tracks
• save flight tracks to GPX file for offline processing (visualize in specific apps or inside the GPS Air Navigator)
• export screenshots of your flights (for example to share on Fabebook)
• only one licence needed for all your Android devices
After install, you can try the app with the following limitations:
• you can save only two user waypoints;
• the app closes after 7 minutes of usage.
If you like GPS Air Navigator, you can buy a licence (10,99 EUR) using the button Buy inside the app, to use it without limitations.
Enjoy GPS Air Navigator!
This plugin allows to launch and stop the application while connecting or disconnecting the USB cable or Bluetooth Audio device while entering/leaving your car.