A bomb explodes in Inverness station, and you’re given a package that could save the world. To stay alive, you’ll need to walk the length of the UK. The Walk is more than just a great pedometer/step counter — it's a way to turn walking into a journey, a challenge, and a rip-roaring adventure.
Made by Six to Start and Naomi Alderman, creators of the world’s most popular running game with 800,000+ players, Zombies, Run!
ENGADGET - “Simple, fun, effective.”
JOYSTIQ - "Spices up your step-tracking with some danger and intrigue.”
BBC NEWS - “Encourages users to walk 10,000 steps-a-day to help improve their health”
LIFEHACKER - “You're motivated to actually get up and move around so you can progress further into the story, and it works really well.”
AWESOME ACTIVITY TRACKER
Just put your phone in your pocket or purse and we’ll track every walk and run you take — and map it, too!
You’ll walk the length of the UK while evading capture by the police and enemy agents. Can you work out who set off that bomb in the first place and what their plan is? Get ready for an epic adventure across 51 episodes, 800 minutes of audio, and hundreds of miles.
Get rewarded for walking more by collecting clues, scanning for information, and unlocking achievements.
The Walk adjusts its difficulty based on individual fitness levels. Everyone’s different, and we make sure we give you the right level of challenge!
FREE OFFER: Samsung Galaxy S5 owners receive 6 months of MVP advanced features.
Your walks sync automatically with www.mapmywalk.com!
MapMyWalk is great for fitness, hiking, weight loss, calorie counting, and more, and is an integral part of the MapMyWalk platform, by MapMyFitness.
Use our route search feature to find nearby places to walk. You can filter routes by type or length, examine elevation graphs, and leaderboards. Try beating your own best time!
Using your phone’s built-in GPS, Fitly tracks any outdoor activity, such as walking, running or cycling. To conserve battery life, Fitly automatically turns the GPS off when you are not active, for example when at home or at work.
Fitly gives you an overview of all your daily activity, including duration, distance, speed and calories burned. Moreover, Fitly is great for tracking your improvement over time using charts showing your activity by day, month or even year.
While Fitly stores location data on your phone to enable you to view your workouts on a map, no location data is ever uploaded or shared with anyone. We take your privacy seriously.
Moreover, Fitly allows you to choose from 11 fitness levels and gives you a quick overview of how you’ve been doing so far today, so you can see at a glance how much is left to achieve your daily goal.
Unlike other sports trackers, Fitly offers an uncluttered user interface geared towards minimalism and does not try to overwhelm you with lots of unnecessary features.
Please note: Due to the vast number of different Android devices, we cannot guarantee that Fitly will function flawlessly on your handset. However, Fitly has been tested extensively with a number of popular phones and should work well for most users. It is still early days for Fitly and we will strive to make the app better over time. If you’d like to help us improve the app, please send us feedback on your experience using Fitly to email@example.com.
✔ Automatically counts steps, 24/7
✔ Uses less than 2% of your battery (During a full 24 hours of use, Noom Walk uses the same amount of battery as 20 minutes of screen display or just 3 minutes of GPS.)
✔ Motivates you and your friends with comments & high fives
✔ 100% free, no external hardware required
Noom Walk is the best pedometer available for the Android platform. It counts your steps and lets you know when you've reached daily step count records. You'll be notified when new friends join, and you can always visit their profiles to encourage them with high fives and comments.
We'd love to hear from you!
For more info: noom.com/walk/info
To report bugs or request features: noomwalk.uservoice.com
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: How can Noom Walk count all the time without killing battery?
A: Noom Walk doesn't use GPS like most pedometers (which need to be turned on and off all the time in order to conserve battery life). The app relies on low-battery-drain sensors and smart algorithms to pick up your movements in the background, all day, every day. This allows it to use less power than competitors, like Accupedo.
Q: Is Noom Walk compatible with Noom Weight Loss Coach?
A: It's 100% compatible and works seamlessly -- your phone counts the steps once, but they are shared between the two apps. For best results, make sure you have the latest version of Noom Weight Loss Coach.
Q: Do I need to wear a device?
A: Nope! Noom Walk works with the smartphone you already own and requires no additional equipment at all (unlike Nike+ or FitBit). It even works with tablets!
Q: How can I interact with my friends on Noom Walk?
A: Once you've connected to Google+ or Facebook, Noom Walk will automatically show all of your friends who are also using Noom Walk. You can click on their names to visit their profiles, and you can high five different step counts: daily, weekly, all-time, and record days.
Q: I don't have/want to connect Google+ or Facebook. Is there another way to add friends?
A: Of course! You can create an account using just your email address, and connect with friends using their email addresses.
Q: What if I don't want to use Noom Walk's social pedometer features?
A: Noom Walk works as a great standalone pedometer application, too. If you want to be 100% invisible, just switch Noom Walk into private mode and it won't upload any information at all.
Track your runs, walks, bike rides, training workouts and all of the other fitness activities using the GPS in your Android Phone.
• Calculate running pace, cycling speed, route distance, elevation and calorie burn for any fitness activity - in high accuracy and real time!
• Find and follow pre-planned routes and map your run or walk on the go.
• Follow training plan workouts or create your own with audio coaching
• Get audio updates while you work out about your total mileage, calorie count, pace, speed, mileage
• Sync your Polar Heart Rate Monitor to track your heart rate and stay in heart rate zones
• Use your Pebble or Samsung Galaxy Gear smart watch to track all your stats, right on your wrist!
• Run while listening to music - RunKeeper automatically integrates with your phone’s music app.
• Easily add your indoor cardio (treadmill, elliptical) and gym workouts (Yoga, Crossfit) right in the app to keep a full training log all in one place.
• Track right from your home screen with the RunKeeper Android widget
Get motivation and guidance to finish a race, lose weight, or get in shape. RunKeeper is THE training app for all skill levels- “Couch to 5k” all the way up to Marathon training for speed!
• Find and follow Run/Walk training plans as a beginner
• Get coached with 10k, Half Marathon and Full Marathon training plans for more advanced runners built by renowned coaches like Jeff Galloway
• Train for weight loss with “running for fat loss” plans by Mike Diebler
• Already using a Greatist training calendar? RunKeeper has those too!
• See your entire training calendar directly in the running app, and get coached through each workout while you run with audio cues
Sync Runkeeper.com with the best fitness apps you’re all ready using for nutrition, sleep monitoring, weight, step tracking, calorie counting and getting rewards. RunKeeper integrates with popular fitness apps and devices like:
• MyFitnessPal calorie tracking app
• Fitbit activity monitoring devices
• Garmin Forerunner GPS watches and Garmin Connect
• Withings wifi scales
• Sleep Cycle app
• Hundreds of other apps and devices like, Lose it!, Jawbone Up, GymPact, Earnedit, Fitocracy, Zombies Run, Gym Hero, pedometers and more!
Set fitness goals and track your progress over time
• Set goals to run a half marathon, lose weight, complete a total distance or set a personal record
• Chart your progress, get notified at every milestone, and see a full log of all your past goals
• See a full list of all your personal bests for races, distances and times for any sport or activity, whether you’re doing epic hiking treks, running ultra-marathons (we sip battery)
Train better with your friends!
• Easily share your fitness activities and successes with your friends on Facebook, Twitter and beyond!
• Invite and follow your friends to join you on RunKeeper, follow their journey and motivate them to succeed through commenting and liking their activity on RunKeeper’s Fitness feed
• Compete against your friends for a top spot on monthly activity leaderboards
Get even more performance with RunKeeper Elite!
• Use RunKeeper Live tracking to let your friends watch your fitness activities while you’re on the move
• Use Lifetime insights to see average pace trends and sum up how much your doing each week, month, or over your entire training history.
• Compare and rank all of your activities by speed and distance to see where everything stacks up.
Questions about requested permissions? See http://runkeeper.com/googlePlay
Track your walks is the best way to maintain a walking schedules. Use Track My Walks app and measure your walking route and calculate your burned calories per session. Track each walks and use this for memories of each walk.
Track My Walks App Features
• Keep track of your daily walks by time, distance and speed
• Track of per day calories burned by each walks
• Background Tracking - gives you option to track your walk in background
• You can manually add you route ,time etc
• Get notifications by distance you set from the settings
• You can save your daily run/walk routes
• Take pictures on the go with inbuilt camera feature
• Daily and Monthly information of each walk sessions
• Share your walks with other friends on your facebook profile
Use this pedometer app to help you track your current route or get map directions of past walk routes, you can take pictures on the go to memorize and share with others on your facebook profile easily.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Isn’t it great!!! Get this app and track, analyze and share your daily walk activities.
Track My Walks application is in a state of continuous development and will have more features as soon as possible.
We appreciate your feedback. We are constantly working on making the content and functionality of our apps better.
Major functions include:
Quick search to the 33 nos. Fitness Walking track in 18 districts
Navigation to nearest Fitness Walking track through GPS
What is fitness walking? How can it benefit your health?
Equipment and preparation before Fitness Walking
Support users to set up his/her personal profile for calculating Body Mass Index (BMI), Calories Consumption in walking, Calculation of Target Training Heart Rate , and Daily Steps
Users can save walking records and share to popular social media
Link to LCSD website www.lcsd.gov.hk for viewing other information of recreation and sports activities
Please note that:
Although “Fitness Walking” is a free application, user may be charged by their mobile network service provider on the user of data service. These charges can be very expensive on roaming. Please ensure that the option of “Data Roaming” have been disabled in the mobile phone settings.
The estimated location provided by the mobile device may deviate from your actual location. Meanwhile, owing to the dissimilarity in altitude and topography between your location and the Fitness Walking track, the information displayed may be different from the actual conditions.
- Track walking and running including steps, distance, speed and calories
- A diagram presenting your daily activities
- Receive awards for completing certain activities like walking 10000 steps in one day
- Find friends and share your achievements with them
- Share achieved awards with your friends on social media
- High score list
- Trip counter
- Runs in the background while you perform your normal daily activities
- Adjustable sensitivity
Keywords: pedometer, step counter, walking, running, calorie counter, calories, exercise, health, fitness, get fit, lose weight, activity tracker
Use this application in background.
See the screenshots for further options this application has:
- Steps counter with adjustable threshold
- Total mileage in imperial and metric units
- Overall mileage in imperial and metric units
- Steps / Minute
- Calories burnt
- Step length adjustment
- Body Weight
- Different exercise types including Running and Walking
Take care of your health. Walking is always better for health. Brisk walk helps to reduce calories.
Keywords: Pedometer, step counter, walk step counter, unit metric imperial.
Please send us your valuable feedback. Your feedback is important to us. Please rate us well as your rating keeps us going. Enjoy!
The Run/Walk Intervals Timer (Timer) is a quick and easy way to enjoy your run/walk interval training while listening to music, enjoying the scenery, enjoying the company of others, and/or recording your run via GPS ... but NOT worrying about keeping track of your intervals. The Timer keeps track of those intervals for you! (The scenery, company of others and GPS NOT included ☺ )
After opening the application, set your desired times and intervals and press Start. The Timer keeps track of the time for each interval, how many intervals you have completed, and the overall time you have spent in the activity.
When an alarm directs you to transition, the Timer will:
- Mute any music
- Vibrate the phone (if selected)
- Tell you to run, walk or cool down (as appropriate)
- Return the music back to its original level
- Vibrate the phone (if selected)
- Display a note instructing you to run, walk or cool down (as appropriate)
- During a phone conversation, the Timer will react to an alarm as if the sound is OFF. The conversation is not interrupted in any way.
You can also use other applications without error while the Timer is running - all audible alarms will be played (sound ON) or notes will be displayed (sound OFF). For example, I use the Timer, Pandora, and My Tracks for testing.
After starting the Timer you can Stop it. Once it is stopped, you are free to either Reset the application back to the default choices or Resume the training values previously setup. Resuming will begin everything exactly where you stopped it at with no loss of information or time.
General application settings are available at Menu | Settings. It contains options for Text-To-Speech, Interval Announcements and the Vibrator.
Select specific run settings on the Timer's main page by clicking on the appropriate edit or toggle button.
- Toggle a warm up interval on or off
- Toggle to run first or walk first (both the Running and Walking toggle buttons function like this)
- Toggle to choose a specific number of interval sets or continue indefinitely
- Toggle a cool down interval on or off
- Select the interval for the associated item
- The 'Stop after' edit button allows you to select how many run / walk intervals you want prior to run completion or the cool down interval firing.
If the sound does NOT work: The Timer uses Android's 'Notifications' audio stream so you must set the sound level for notifications on your phone:
- While at the phone's home screen, click on the Menu button, then Settings.
- In the Settings screen, click on the Sound category.
- Click on the 'Volumes' or 'Set audio volume' entry. The entry may be different on your phone, you are looking for the 'Notifications' audio stream control.
- Set the Notifications audio stream to its maximum. (Personally, I just max out all the audio volumes.)
- There may also be a checkbox labeled "Use incoming call volume for notifications". If checked, RWI will use the incoming call volume instead of the notification volume. If you check it or leave it checked, set the incoming call volume to its maximum.
- Your device may differ slightly from these instructions, but they should be close.
- Click the back button until you get back to your Home screen.
- Start the Timer and the sound should work properly.
Thank you for using Run / Walk Intervals Timer and I hope it helps you to meet your fitness goals.
Or have you always wanted to be as fit as an athlete but did not know how?
Fitness walking is an excellent way to do this; however, without the right tools and information, it could take you years to figure out the secrets to successful walking fitness. Instead of spending a fortune on so-called experts or knocking yourself out with the old trial and error method, there is an easier way to learn how to fitness walk the way you’ve always dreamed.
A few years ago, after a health scare, I knew I needed to get in better shape. Fitness walking seemed to be a great option; however, I didn’t have a clue where or how to start.
With my health on the line; however, I knew I had to do something.
What I discovered completely changed the way I approached walking fitness! Now I walk for fitness all the time and love every minute of it.
How did I do it?
Everything you need to know about walking fitness is included in this book.
In this book, you will learn:
# The Power of Walking Fitness
# What Equipment Do You Need?
# How Should You Start?
# Why Fitness Walking can Help You
# How to Fit Fitness Walking in your Schedule
I leave absolutely nothing out! Everything that I learned in order to gain the most benefits from fitness walking, I show you
This is the most comprehensive book on walking fitness you will ever read! This comprehensive book covers the following topics:
- How Fitness Walking Reduces the Risk of Disease
- How Fitness Walking Improves the Mind
- Fitness Walking for Weight Loss
*** On Sale Now! (Normal Price $14.99) ***
Dashboard that provides full information of current status
Google map that displays the current path
Easy knowable graph data
Recording ability of beautiful scenery with notes and pictures
One click for up/download and sharing paths without PC
Ability to follow a specified path! (straying alarms support)
Essential item for walkers and runners!
Enjoy your riding with Antphero Walk and have fun together!
Antphero & Biketrack : www.antphero.com
facebook fanpage : www.facebook.com/rharham
Walking meditation is perfect for those who have trouble sitting still to meditate. For those who enjoy sitting meditations, walking meditation brings a new dimension, helping to bring meditation into every moment of the day.
Our approach to walking meditation is easy and informal. These meditations gently guide you to experience your body and your surroundings fully as you walk, letting go of the mind's preoccupation with naming, analyzing and evaluating what's going on. Letting go of thoughts about the past and future allows you to experience the present moment more fully.
THE APP CONTAINS:
✓ THREE WALKING MEDITATIONS, each with a different emphasis
✓ TIPS on how to get the most out of your walking meditation
✓ DIARY PAGE - for those who want to keep notes on insights and experiences
Each walking meditation has a different focus:
★ BEING FULLY PRESENT ★ Guided Walking Meditation (16 min)
This meditation helps you to be fully present to all of the experiences you have while walking -- what you experience within yourself and in the world around you.
★ ENLIVENING THE BODY ★ Guided Walking Meditation (17 min)
This meditation focuses on the experience of the body while walking. It enlivens the body, strengthens the mind-body connection and is both calming and grounding.
★ ENHANCING THE SENSES ★ Guided Walking Meditation (18 min)
This meditation focuses on what you see, hear, smell and feel through the sense of touch as you walk. It enhances your experience of life by enhancing your perception.
CREATED BY MARY MADDUX, MS, HTP and RICHARD MADDUX, best known for their popular Meditation Oasis podcast, smartphone apps and CDs.
Mary and Richard bring over 30 years of meditation practice and teaching to the creation of their guided meditations and music. In addition to teaching meditation, Mary has worked in both conventional and alternative settings as a counselor and healing arts practitioner. Richard has played and composed music all of his life. His music is composed especially for meditation, relaxation and healing.
More from developer
Managing your health care just got easier with the latest version of our app. The redesign includes a colorful new interface, tools that make it faster and easier to use, and a dashboard with more detailed health care updates at a glance.
Health plan members can sign into the app using their kp.org user ID and password to access our secure features, including:
• Messages: Email your doctor or Member Services with nonurgent questions, privately and securely.
• Appointments: Schedule, view, and cancel appointments with your doctor’s office and see information about past visits.
• Pharmacy: Refill prescriptions for yourself or another member, check the status of a prescription order, and see a list of all your medications.
• Medical Record: See your health history at your fingertips, including your allergies and immunizations, any ongoing health conditions, and most lab test results.
• Use location finder to pinpoint Kaiser Permanente medical facilities near you or in the city or ZIP code you choose. Narrow your search to include only those facilities offering the services you need, and get directions and phone numbers on the spot.
Don’t have a user ID and password? Visit kp.org online to register for your sign in data (registration is not available via smartphone).
If you’re not a Kaiser Permanente member, visit our website to discover the many advantages available to you: flexible and affordable health plans, electronic medical records, the convenience of an integrated network, and industry-leading online tools that let you take control of your health.
• Get alerts when you and your family members are due for routine health screenings, tests, and immunizations and if you’re due for a pap or mammogram, schedule it directly with the app.
• Can’t remember when you had your last Tetanus shot? Find your up-to-date Preventive Services information in one place.
• Receive appointment reminders for you and your family members’ scheduled visits — and if you need to, cancel or reschedule.
• See details of upcoming appointments including the photo and home page of the clinician. Share the information if you’d like.
• Email your doctor — or your family's personal doctors — with non-urgent messages and view your doctor's home page.
• Call our 24/7 Appointment and Advice Call Center.
• Read timely health information from our physician experts.
• Find maps and directions in Northern California to the nearest Kaiser Permanente medical centers and medical office facilities, along with hours and phone numbers for pharmacy, lab, radiology, and other select departments.
• Have medical record numbers for you and your family members in one place. Personalize your app with family photos!
How to get started
After you download and launch the app for the first time, you’ll be asked for your kp.org user name and password. If you are a member and don’t yet have a kp.org user name and password, you can register by visiting your doctor’s home page at kp.org/mydoctor and choosing “set up access.”
This app will allow you to view information for your family members if Act for a Family Member has been established. If you’re not already registered to do this, you can sign up online at kp.org/mydoctor, Manage Your Family’s Health, Set Up Access. If you are viewing health information for a family member, some types of appointments may be hidden to protect the confidentiality of teens or others in your family.
Easy and convenient
· Save time — our app is designed to be easy to use.
· Simplify things by turning paperwork into photos with your mobile device.
Connects you with the details
· Check your account balances 24/7.
· View your account activity.
· Receive text message alerts when transactions post to your account.
File claims for your HRA or FSA
· See which claims require supporting documentation.
· Send photos of required paperwork with your mobile device.
· Submit HRA or FSA claims for reimbursement — anytime, anywhere.
Your app will be password protected, and information will be transmitted using secure encryption. No data will ever be stored on your device.
• View your current KP medications; manage schedules and track doses with a few simple clicks.
• View dose history and easily edit alerts including date, time, and action required.
• Receive updates to your KP medications list directly from your Kaiser Permanente electronic medical record with every launch of the app.
• Click to call for questions or advice related to symptoms or to contact your doctor.
• Add a photo of the pill or bottle to help identify each medication.
• Store notes or instructions about each medication.
• Customize your alerts and other settings.
• Share your medication list and summary of use to others