- Hear live streams from hundreds of NPR stations: search by location (GPS) or zip code / call letters
- Listen to programs like Morning Edition, All Things Considered, Talk of the Nation, Fresh Air, and Wait, Wait…Don’t Tell Me More
With home screen widget, your favorite radios/podcasts are just at the tip of your fingers.
This is ads supported app. With in-app purchase ads can be removed. There's no any functionality difference between ads supported and ads free version.
- Live streams from 300+ NPR, BBC, and CBC member radio stations
- Restart the audio play from where it is left before
- Pause/resume audio play on incoming phone
- Set your favorite radio station as alarm
- Sleep mode to turn off radio after scheduled time
- Play in background
- Download and play it any time you want
- Instance search as you type
- Ability to save download to SD card
- Home screen widget for easy play control and quick access
- Chromecast support
Make your life easier by allowing NPR Station Finder to find the closest NPR radio stations to you. All you need is an AM/FM radio and NPR Station Finder for those long road trips.
Rankings are based on the radio tower location and radiated power.
• All the latest news as it happens
• Watch or listen to the latest news headlines
• Opt in for breaking news push notifications
• Download the latest stories when you have a signal and then read them offline at your leisure
• Share stories to a range of social networks, or email/SMS to a friend
• Personalise the home screen by adding, removing and re-ordering news categories to suit your preferences
• Listen live to BBC World Service radio
• Home screen widgets to keep you up to date
• Settings to allow the app to automatically update in the background
• Set text size to suit your preferences
• Ability to send stories, video, and photos directly to the BBC News team
• Full range of News categories: Top stories, US & Canada, Europe, Latin America, Asia, Middle East, Africa, UK, Technology, Business, Features & Analysis, Science & Environment, Entertainment & Arts, Health, Also In The News, Sport
• Ability to store the app on the SD card. Widgets will not be available if you choose to use this function. This is a feature of the Android system.
*Currently unavailable for devices running 2.2 and below. We are working on a fix and this will be available soon.
• Push notifications for big breaking news stories
• Landscape support for all devices
• Various bug fixes including an issue that occasionally caused duplicate push notifications.
If you choose to receive push notifications, a unique identifier relating to your device will be stored by ProcessOne on behalf of the BBC to provide you with the service.
No other personal data relating to you (such as a username or email address) is processed. The BBC will keep your information secure and not share it with anyone else in accordance with the BBC’s Privacy and Cookies Policy, available at http://www.bbc.co.uk/privacy/
You can choose to unsubscribe from push notifications in the app’s settings screen.
• INTERNET: Used to get the latest news content from the BBC
• ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: Used to determine whether you are on 3G or WiFi to deliver the best quality content
• WAKE_LOCK: Used if you enable background updates in settings
• GET_ACCOUNTS: Used to determine if your device is capable of receiving Push messages
• C2D_RECEIVE/C2D_MESSAGE: Used to receive Push messages if you opt in
The application allows you to:
• LISTEN live to WBUR anytime, anywhere
• READ today's top headlines and original stories
• BROWSE hundreds of programs on demand
• VIEW the program schedule and daily line-up of show content
• ACCESS top-of-the-hour news and weather reports from WBUR’s Bob Oakes
• EXCLUSIVE WBUR member offers
The WBUR app is free, so please support us. The app is a joint production of developers at WBUR and Public Radio Exchange (PRX). To learn more, visit WBUR.org.
More from developer
Let's Get Lost mobile app tours are a fun way to explore cultural, historical and natural sites in and around the San Francisco Bay Area. Available on Android, the first tour brings to life the history and meaning of San Francisco's New Deal Murals, the city's most intriguing works of art from the Depression era, with archival footage, photographs, interviews with the artists, scavenger hunts and more.
• An in-depth look at Coit Tower, Rincon Annex and the Diego Rivera Pan American Unity mural at City College of San Francisco
• Interactive hunts that challenge you to find hidden meanings and censored images at each location.
• Videos providing historical insight into the culture, society and politics of the era and illuminating the creative process.
• Audio Guides offering insights into the inspiration for and the meanings behind specific images.
• Slideshows featuring artist profiles, original mural sketches, documentation of life during the Depression and period newspaper articles about the creation of the murals and the events that inspired them.
This app is perfect for first-time visitors exploring San Francisco and curious locals eager to discover more about their beloved city. Enjoy this reinvention of the walking tour (a perennial favorite) using the latest technology. Brought to you by KQED, your award-winning NPR and PBS public media station for Northern California.