NTPSync is a simple NTP time synchronization app for Android.
To set system time to NTP time you need root access on your device, to just query the time you don't.
• Information can be found in in-app Help screen.
• If you have other problems please report them in the issue tracker on http://code.google.com/p/ntp-sync/issues
Source code/Bug reports/Translations
You can donate money to support the development in-app.
• Root access: To set system time
• Internet access: To query the NTP server
• Wakelock: To maintain a reliable network connection while querying NTP server
ntp, time, time synchronization, ntp query
Open source alternative to
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and other KNOX enabled devices compatible version is available in beta:
ClockSync synchronizes device system clock with atomic time from Internet via NTP (Network Time Protocol).
Useful if provider doesn't support NITZ, sends incorrect time or if your device/ROM has heavy clock drift.
There are 2 modes: automatic for root users and assisted manual mode for users without root (rootless mode).
Rootless mode features:
- automatic atomic time retrieval with configurable interval
- notification when offset exceeds user set threshold
- assisted manual synchronization with the hint what time/date to set
- precision between 1 and 30 seconds (because Android doesn't allow to set seconds)
- 1 second precision if your device resets seconds on Set (most Samsung and some HTC devices)
- Greenwich Time Signal assisted sync if device resets seconds
Root mode features:
- automatic sync with configurable interval
- accuracy is ~1-20ms depending on your connection and NTP server
- statistics (average drift per day, total time corrected)
Root is required because of Android security restrictions, vote for http://bit.ly/set_time_without_root if you want it to work without root, however Google has declined to fix it with the following comment:
"Hi, it is by design that applications can not change the time. There are many subtle aspects of security that can rely on the current time, such as certificate expiration, license management, etc. We do not want to allow third party applications to globally disrupt the system in this way." © some Google employee
- customizable NTP/SNTP server and timeout
- displays current date or time since last sync
- NTP server details dialog
- 3 color schemes (dark, light, default)
- 12-hour or 24-hour clock format
- time zone detection and adjustment based on geo location
- system time zone override with custom offset
- time zone management based on latest Olson tz database (zoneinfo)
- optional haptic feedback and sync notification
- clean and easy to use interface (tap screen values or use menu)
Don't have root? See http://bit.ly/phoneroot for the detailed instructions.
Don't want or can't root your device? You can still use ClockSync as your precise time source to adjust your watch or other clocks, or to verify how accurate your cell time is, or set time manually in rootless mode.
Move to SD is disabled because automatic synchronization (timers) will not work when app is moved, also app size is very small and since not all files are moved to SD in any case, it would not save you more than 50Kb.
If you get wrong time after synchronization, your phone time zone data is out of date, use http://bit.ly/tzupdate to fix it.
Issues, questions or suggestions? Please e-mail me, developers have no way to respond to Market comments.
I reply to every e-mail within one day maximum (usually instantly).
Permissions explained for paranoid users:
- RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED: used only for "Sync on boot" option
- VIBRATE: optional haptic feedback on tap and sync
- INTERNET: to get time from NTP servers, to get time zone from web services
- WAKE_LOCK: to perform background synchronization without being killed in the middle by the OS
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: to sync only when network is available
- ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION: to get best location for time zone from location feature when GPS is on
- ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION: if GPS is off, network location is used
- SET_TIME_ZONE: to automatically set time zone depending on location or for manual override
- SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW: new permission since 1.1.5, used for transparent overlay in rootless mode to show countdown updated every second
- Check and sync device's clock with GPS or NTP(Internet),
- Time signal,
- Background time sync with NTP,
- Background passive time sync with GPS. Passive means the app uses GPS only when another app uses it.
Sync time function works only for rooted devices!
If the app doesn't work for you, please email me. I can't make the app better if you just leave a comment.
Please, rate the app if you like it. Thanks!
This app does installs a customized gps.conf file for your GPS. It has several different profiles to choose from. We recommend to use the default Google profile but it is up to you. Appart from the profiles you can customize the one chosen.
Derek Gordon maintains a special NTP server pool for you. Dispite what everyone thinks, it is not necessarily the one closest to you which is the best. We consider Derek Gordon's server to be the best option to choose because it has the best data and is most frequently updated.
For more information about the NTP server check out the "About this app" section found under the settings of this app. Also, feel free to visit derekgordon.com for more in depth information.
Derek Gordon maintains a special aGPS almanac for devices using Qualcomm or similar chipsets. This xtra.bin data file is updated every 30 minutes and is located on a content delivery system maintained by the generous donations of ther userbase.
To maintain the server we need money. Donations through this app will be divided between Derek Gordon (Crypted on XDA) and Zatta (on XDA).
Each star costs 2 Euro and will reduce the waiting time before you can install the patch. 0 star users wait 20 seconds, 1 star users 10, 2 star users only 5 and 3 star users and Premium users can install immediately.
You can become a premium user for only 5 Euro. This is a discount of 1 euro compared to a three star user!
We choose this method to allow every one to use all features of this app and because we believe in XDA developers users. Please, don't leech!
Backup and restore
On the first run of this app a backup is made on your SD card. Don't remove it because a backup is only made during the first run (or at an update if you choose to remove it anyway) and no other backup is found on your SD card.
The patch this app provides is located on your /system partition so every time you do update your ROM the patch is overwritten and you will have to redo the patch.
Unless you are using a Cyanogenmod based ROM and your rom has addon.d support. In that case a script will be placed in the addon.d directory to preserve the patch. It can be disabled in the app's settings but is enabled by default.
On ASUS roms a typical file is present at /system/etc/gps, namely the gpsconfig.xml file. This app pathes that file as well, to be specific the PeriodicTimeOutSec parameter. Of course a backup is made of this file as well.
Special thanks to Sneakyghost for translating this app to German!
NOTE: An offset of 15 seconds means your phone is set to GPS time (no leap-seconds).
NOTE: Setting the clock requires root access. See website for more info.
With FasterGPS you can select a NTP Server matching your region to speed up the process of getting a GPS fix.
This is an open source alternative to FasterFix!
• Read/Write access on system-Partition
Source code/Bug reports/Translations
You can donate money to support the development in-app.
• Root access: To write gps.conf file to system partition
• Internet access: To allow donations
**Not for usage on phones with android 4.2 or newer**
- Root access required -
- BusyBox Required -
- New HTC phones need NAND-unlock -
This app enhances your GPS by using a more accurate time estimation from a NTP server near you. Select one from the list, or add your own.
If the app doesn't work, please use "root checker" to check if you are correctly rooted and busybox is installed before you give a bad rating.
★★Servers Ultimate required!★★
- Git Server
- NTP Server
- SSH Server
- Telnet Server
- XMPP Server
What are the permissions for?
- INTERNET: for the servers
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: access files for the servers
- VIBRATE: optionally to alert you on set rules
- SEND_SMS: optionally to alert you on set rules
1、support more tablet device
Welcome to Time Calibrator!
Time Calibrator has been specifically designed to deliver accurate time information to people all around the globe. The app connects automatically to the atomic clock server in Switzerland to display the exact local time and date. Through quantum technology, the information travels at the speed of light from the NTP server and is communicated directly to AtomTime i-Atomic watches via light signals.
---- Try now GPS Aids - DONATE ----
Google Plus > http://gplus.canaryx.net/
|- GPS Aids
|-- Basic Mode
| |- Download GPS Aiding Data
|-- Advanced Mode
| |- Download XTRA
| |- Download LTO [ROOT] (Samsung Galaxy S)
| |- Inject NTP Time
| |- Reset XTRA
| |- Reset LTO [ROOT] (Samsung Galaxy S)
|-- NTP Server Change [ROOT]
|-- Advanced XTRA Reset [DONATE]
|- Reset All Data
|- Reset Ephemeris Data
|- Reset Almanac Data
|- Reset Position Data
|- Reset Time Data
|- Reset Ionospheric Data
|- Reset UTC Data
|- Reset Healt Data
|- Reset SVDIR Data
|- Reset SVSTEER Data
|- Reset SA Data
|- Reset RTI Data
|- Reset CellDB Data
|- GPS Status
|- GPS Time Sync [DONATE]
|- Compass [DONATE]
|- Position of satellites
|- Information fields [DONATE]
|- Time To First Fix
|- Time Since First Fix
|- Satellites in view/use
|- GPS Time
|- Device time
|- GPS Doctor [ROOT] [DONATE]
|- Recommended GPS settings (Samsung Galaxy S)
|- Set recommended GPS settings (Samsung Galaxy S)
|- Network Time Protocol Server Addon
|- XTRA Server and Backups Addon
|- Intermediate Position Report Addon
|- SUPL Support Addon
|- C2K PDE Support Addon
|- WiFi Positioning Addon
|- User / Control Plane Addon
|- External Low Noise Amplifier Switch (Galaxy Nexus / S2)
|- Reference Clock Frequency Switch (Galaxy Nexus / S2)
|- UART Baud Rate Switch (Galaxy Nexus / S2)
|- Frequency Aiding Switch (Galaxy Nexus / S2)
|- Sensor Aiding Switch (Galaxy Nexus / S2)
|- Set IMSI / MSISDN Switch (Galaxy Nexus / S2)
|- Debug Mode Switch (Galaxy Nexus / S2)
|- SSL Enable Switch (Galaxy Nexus / S2)
| |- Certificate Version Switch (Galaxy Nexus / S2)
|- Control Priority Response Switch (Galaxy Nexus / S2)
|- Control Plane Switch (Galaxy Nexus / S2)
|- Run on ATT Network Operator Switch (Galaxy Nexus / S2)
|- Use Embedded Memory Controller Switch (Galaxy Nexus / S2)
|- Mount RO/RW [ROOT] [DONATE]
|- Reboot [ROOT] [DONATE]
|- Reboot into Recovery Mode [ROOT] [DONATE]
|- Reboot into Download Mode [ROOT] [DONATE]
|- EFS Backup [ROOT] [DONATE]
|- Show IMEI number
|- Show PDA, PHONE and CSC versions (Samsung Galaxy S)
|- GPS Test (Samsung Galaxy S)
|- Testing Mode (Samsung Galaxy S)
|- Stats and Information
|- Hard reset (Samsung Galaxy S)
|- Factory data reset (Samsung Galaxy S)
|- Screen Fixer (*) [DEMO]
|- GPS Aids Service [DONATE]
|- Download on reboot GPS Aiding Data
|- Download every "X" days GPS Aiding Data
|- Show success/error notifications
Current translated languages: English, Bulgarian, Romanian, French, Spanish (Spain).
|- Devices tested
|- Samsung Galaxy S
|- Samsgun Galaxy TAB
|- Samsung Galaxy S2 [DONATE]
|- HTC Nexus ONE
|- HTC Legend
(*) Screen fixer is under development. It is intended for attenuate the Burn-In Effect in AMOLED screens. This tool may cause seizures! So if you epileptic please don't execute this tool.
(**) All other devices compatible with XTRA will work.. but you will not have a download confirmation.
★★65% off till March 18th 2014!!★★
Now you can run a CVS, DC Hub, DHCP, DLNA, DNS, DDNS, eDonkey, Email (POP3 / SMTP), FTP Proxy, FTP, FTPS, FTPES, Flash Policy, Git, Gopher, HTTP Snoop, ICAP, IRC Bot, IRC, ISCSI, Icecast, LPD, Load Balancer, MQTT, Memcached, MongoDB, MySQL, NFS, NTP, NZB Client, Napster, PHP and Lighttpd, PXE, Port Forwarder, Proxy, RTMP, Remote Control, Rsync, SIP, SMB/CIFS, SMPP, SMS, Socks, SFTP, SSH, Server Monitor, Stomp, Styx, Syslog, TFTP, Telnet, Time, Torrent Client, Torrent Tracker, Trigger, Unison, UPnP Port Mapper, VNC, VPN, Wake On Lan, Web, WebDAV, WebSocket, X11 and/or XMPP server!
★★Normally you pay 0.99 or 1.99 for one server, here you get over 60 servers and network tools for this low price!★★
Start a server easily on the 'Simple' tab or go advanced and add users, allowed IP's, start/stop rules and more! Multiple servers can be run at the same time! No root needed, exceptions mentioned below.
★★Over 18 network tools!★★
- VNC Server: doesn’t work on most devices.
- Samba Server: won’t work on Windows.
- CVS, Email, PHP, Lighttpd, MySQL Server: one instance of this type can be run at the same time.
- ARM based: PHP, Lighttpd, MySQL, CVS, Rsync, VPN, Port forward, MySQL monitor, Traceroute
- Root needed: Port forwarder, VNC, VPN
★★Includes a PHP Server!★★
- The permissions for receiving and sending SMS are for the optional SMS Gateway Server.
★★Light or dark Holo theme!★★
A few general features
- Encryption for settings and password login support!
- Tasker and Llama support!
- Start / Stop servers using WIFI / SMS / call / power or cronjob rules! Or use the 'Trigger Server' for more!
- Set a port, network interface to listen on, backlog, logging (to file), etc. And if rooted set a port below 1024.
- Widget support!
- A lot more!
★★Change your device to a NAS Server, dedicated server and/or honeypot!★★
- Remote Control Client
- IP Calculator (IPv4 / IPv6)
- Port Scanner
- MySQL Monitor
- Raw socket (TCP / UDP)
- Command line
- Network speed
- Key generator
- HTTP Headers
- Wake On LAN (WOL)
- Lookup (DNS, IP, Host, Mac to Vendor)
- UPnP Port Mapper
★★Remote control support!★★
- CVS Server
- DC Hub Server (Direct Connect Hub)
- DHCP Server
- DHCP Proxy Server
- DLNA Server
- DNS Server
- Dynamic DNS Updater: DDNS services ChangeIP, DNSdynamic, DNSexit, DNSMadeEasy, DNS-O-Matic, DNSPark, DtDNS, DynDNS, easyDNS, eNom, HE.net, Joker, Namecheap, No-IP, ZoneEdit
- eDonkey Server
- Email Server: POP3, SMTP
- FTP Proxy Server
- FTP Server
- FTPS Server
- FTPES Server
- Flash Policy Server
- Git Server
- Gopher Server
- HTTP Proxy Server
- HTTP Snoop Server
- ICAP Server
- IRC Bot
- IRC Server
- ISCSI Server
- Icecast Server
- Load Balancer Server
- LPD Server (Printer Server)
- MQTT Server
- Memcached Server
- MongoDB Server
- Multicast DNS Server (Bonjour)
- MySQL Server
- NFS Server
- NTP Server
- NZB Downloader Client
- Napster Server
- PHP Server and Lighttpd Server (optional PHPMyAdmin and more)
- Port Forwarder
- Proxy Server
- PXE Server (Network Boot)
- Remote Control App Server
- Rsync Server
- RTMP Server
- RTMP Proxy Server
- SMB / CIFS Server (Samba)
- SMPP Server
- SMS Gateway
- SOCKS Server
- SSH Server
- SCP Server
- Server Monitor
- SFTP Server
- SIP Server
- Stomp Server
- Styx Server
- Syslog Server
- TFTP Server
- Telnet Server
- Test Server: Echo, Discard, CHARGEN, QOTD
- Time Server
- Torrent Downloader Client
- Torrent Tracker Server
- Trigger Server
- Unison Server
- UPnP Port Mapper
- VNC Server
- VPN Server
- Wake On LAN client (WOL)
- Web Server
- WebDAV Server
- WebSocket Server
- X11 Server
- XMPP Server / Jabber Server
Useful for penetration testing, IT specialists, students and more!
More from developer
It can use a database of speed camera locations to alert you when you're near a speed camera.
What users are saying about MySpeed:
"Tried all the free speed apps...this is the best!"
"One of few that run and warn in the background :)"
"Turning map is great :-)"
"Works GREAT, I use this to keep a log of my speed, helpful for fighting inaccurate speeding tickets."
There is no speed camera database included. You'll need to download the data from a site such as poiplaza.com, scdb.info, pocketgpsworld.com, maparadar.com, adivor.it, etc. The speed camera alerts will work in any country for which there is data available.
MySpeed is a free app supported by adverts.
I can't see or reply to all your comments in Market, so please email me at android@L6n.org
osm open street map gps tracking routing navigation poi speed camera safety cameras traffic enforcement camera's speed trap police radar speeding ticket speed limit
poiplaza scdb flitspaal pocketgpsworld maparadar adivor
radardroid opensatnav radalert blitzer trapster flits alert
Works with all dynamic DNS providers, including no-ip.com, changeip.com, zoneedit.com, joker.com, enom.com, namecheap.com.
For the official dyndns.com app please see my other app.
For more information see website.
This is the official app for dyndns.com.
For the generic dynamic DNS client that works with all dynamic DNS providers, including no-ip.com, zoneedit.com, joker.com, enom.com, please see my other app.
This is useful to send to the developer of an application in case it crashes or otherwise misbehaves.
*** It is only possible to read log files on Android version 4.1 (Jelly Bean) and later if your phone is rooted. ***
You can choose any of the formats that logcat supports. The default and recommended format is "time".
It will add the output of "top" to the email. This shows the list of processes and the amount of CPU they are using.
You can create a home shortcut where you can specify the destination email, format and email client.
You can send to any app that supports attachments, such as Gmail, Dropbox, Skype, etc. Note that other applications such as Facebook, Twitter, etc will also be listed, but you should not choose any of these because they cannot handle attachments.
SendLog works with all Android versions and all phones and tablets. It will not truncate the log file. The log file is also stored as a text file on the root of the SD card, or the app folder if there's no SD card present.
It runs constantly in the background. When the Android system scans the Wi-Fi networks, Wifi Switcher will check to see if any of your preferred networks has a better signal strength than the one you're currently connected to. If it finds one significantly better then it will switch to it.
At home I have a Wi-Fi access point downstairs and another one upstairs. If I go upstairs I stay connected to the one downstairs but the signal is much weaker. This app will automatically switch you to the stronger Wi-Fi connection.
Be warned about speed cameras on your route.
* offline map for better reliability, performance and cost saving
* no false alerts for cameras not on your route
* see the speed limit of the road you're on
On first use you will need to download a map. This is best done on a WiFi connection.
If the map of your country is not yet available please send me an email and I will create the map.