This initial version of Go Read allows readers to:
- Read on-the-go with a variety of Android tablets and phones (Android 2.2 Froyo or above)
- Access and download books directly from Bookshare – the world’s largest accessible online library for people with print disabilities
- Read with voiced navigation and text-to-speech
- Read books in DAISY 3 text and EPUB 2 formats
Go Read is optimized for visually impaired readers, and usable by anyone. To get Bookshare content, readers must have a qualifying print disability and have an active membership. Go Read supports both individual and organizational Bookshare memberships, such as schools. To learn more about Bookshare, visit www.bookshare.org.
Go Read is developed by Benetech, a nonprofit technology developer and is based on the open source FBReader (www.fbreader.org).
Developers are invited to contribute to the future development of Go Read and can get more information at www.goread.org.
To share your ideas, or give your feedback visit http://bookshare.uservoice.com/forums/137554-go-read
The Online Reading Tutor dyslexia screener only takes 5 to 10 minutes to complete. You will be provided with immediate results of the assessment. Pending the results, you may request a call from our reading specialists to see if we are a good fit to help your child. If you believe your child may have a specific reading disability or Dyslexia, screen them for free today. The Online Reading Tutor screener can help diagnose specific reading problems and recommend an effective training program that will help your child develop fluent, automatic decoding skills. When reading becomes automatic or fluent, comprehension improves dramatically.
The dyslexia test only takes 5 to 10 minutes to complete. You will be provided with immediate results of the assessment.
After completing the screener, you may sign up for a Free Trial of our Orton-Gillingham based software. Our software has been endorsed by the Council of Administrators of Special Education (CASE). If you decide to choose ORT, your child will almost certainly start to see significant gains after 30 hours of training. Students with an IEP for their learning disability are our specialty.
The Online Reading Tutor Assessment is Patent Pending, and Copyright © Online Reading Tutor 2014, 2015
Learn practical life skills in Financial Literacy, Career Dynamics, Legal Basics, and Personal Wellness with the official Acceleron Learning app for mobile and tablet devices.
Choose from over 70 FREE video lecture samples on practical life skill topics. The focus is on immediately useful information, practical methods, and clear examples.
Learn things like personal budgeting, how to manage people, the basics of contract law, and balanced nutrition through a blend of academic theory and real-world application.
If you are a subscriber, the app provides access to all 200+ complete video lectures for Adults and Grades K-12. You can also learn about and access all of our e-learning products.
Accelerator Curriculum: Practical life skills, taught with engaging video lectures. Over 200 video lectures, :30 minutes each. Includes quizzes, activities and supplemental instruction for Adults and K-12.
Degree Tracker: College experience planning, for students to own their education. Tools to plan and sequence activities, manage finances, and build a great resume.
Lifestyle Budget: Personal budgeting, tailored to a person’s lifestyle. Simulate the financial impact of your career path and lifestyle spending habits.
Insights @Work: Podcast interviews in dozens of fields and industry sectors. :20 minutes on what it really looks like to work in various professions.
Share Acceleron with your friends via Twitter, Facebook, or email.
For more information about Acceleron Learning, please visit: http://www.acceleronlearning.com
The Acceleron Learning app was developed with the Subsplash App Platform.
App: © 2014 The Church App, Content: © 2014 The Acceleron Group, LLC. All rights reserved.
Check out the great features and customization the Sight Words for Kids has to offer.
• Word List Categories: Allows you to fully customize what words your child learns by word, and grade level.
• Advanced Settings: Will allow you to fully customize how your child sees and learns the words
• Child's Progress: allows to you view, track and edit your child's progress.
• Sentences: Features a full sentence for every word so your child can see and hear how the word is used in a sentence.
• Multi-Child support: designed for multiple users.
Initial setup: Please visit our blog spot for information about the initial setup.
This version is not optimized for Tablet screen sizes larger than 800X600.
Money Back Guarantee: Please buy with confidence. if you are not completely satisfied, we will refund your money .
Apps 4 Learning Team
This Dynaread Dyslexia Screening App is specifically designed to assist Grade 1 through 4+ teachers. When a child fails this Dyslexia Screening App test, the student should be invited to perform our Dynaread online Dyslexia Test (15 min) to obtain a full and detailed report. No charge.
ABOUT the App PERMISSIONS: We only need "Network Access" and "Accounts" to allow you to Share with other on Social Media directly from within our App (and only when you choose to do so).
Quizlet makes simple tools that let you study anything, anywhere. Download the FREE app to:
- Study on the go
- Play games to study
- Create your own flashcards (or search millions created by others)
- Improve your study habits
- Study with images and audio, great for all learning styles
What people are saying about Quizlet:
"I cannot live without quizlet anymore, and I assume it's the same for my students :-) Quizlet is a must for every language learner. The Quizlet team always amazes me with its evolution. Just like learning, it only gets better.” - Toshi A., English Teacher
"Quizlet is the key for a student like me who needs a visual, competition, and repetition. I can't say they could add much more. Quizlet helps so much! Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!” - Robbie S., High School Student
"I just started using quizlet this year, and boy is it a miracle worker! This site has really helped my studying habits, not to mention the fun games! Keep up the good work Quizlet!” - Samuel P., High School Student
The idea is based on TuxMath - a very popular educational maths software. This is a fun way for kids to learn numbers and build basic math skills.
Try to destroy the rain of numbers. Any correct answer will destroy the relevant raining equation completely.
2 player mode is a funny reaction game for two people on the same device. You can help your children learn math in a funny way!
Designed for kids and fun! Math really can be fun and really can be easy to learn.
This is a demo of the full version. It has three target words while the full version has sixteen. To protect your children from inappropriate content, it contains no third party ads! If you like this app please upgrade to the full paid version.
I developed this app due to a frustration that beginning reader books have small fonts and pictures that take away focus from the text. Flash cards are an alternative, but they have no content and meaning and are boring.
- Uses a very simple print based font, meaning the letters look like the letters they are taught to write.
- Has the option for a font called OpenDyxlesic that some people with dyslexia find easier to read.
- The font is made as large as possible so that the child’s finger can point at each letter as they sound it out.
- The verses are alliterative and/or rhyming to promote phonemic awareness.
- The child is asked to find the target word on a screen of words that sound and are spelled similarly. The puzzles encourage the child to look for patterns in the words to find the correct answer.
- The book is filled mostly with phonetically spelled words.
- There are three target words (Cat, Cow, Dog) for a total of 12 pages.
- There is a read-to-me button that can be removed through an options menu.
- This app is appropriate for preschool, kindergarten, and 1st grade children.
Visit my website and blog at www.corvidapps.com for more information about this app and information on learning with technology.
Check out http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=lmb.ebooks.CatCat for the full paid version of this app with more content.
- This app does not collect any personal identifiable information.
- There are links to the Corvid Apps website and to Corvid Apps products.
- There are no third party ads.
About Corvid Apps:
My name is Laura and I am a mother and independent app developer. I am working hard to offer a large collection of fun, unique, educational kids apps. If you like my app please leave a positive review. If you have a problem or are unsatisfied please email me at email@example.com I will do my best to rectify the situation. Visit my website and blog at corvidapps.com for more information about this app and information on learning with technology.
*** Teaches the sounds and shapes of letters with MULTISENSORY games. ***
*** Developed in collaboration with experts in the field of education and reading difficulties. ***
Alphabetics will capture the attention of your child while she or he plays games that teach the shapes and sounds of the alphabet. It is a wonderful app for phonemic awareness and shape recognition!
NOTE: In I Can Alphabtetics Free you will have access to all of the features and games of the full app, but it will be limited to just 3 letters (b, f, m). To have the entire alphabet, look for the full I Can Alphabetics app.
Alphabetics was designed for children who are learning the alphabet. The app is based on a multisensory approach to learning-- incorporating sight, listening, speaking and tactile features—to teach phonemic awareness.
Phonemes are the smallest units of sound in language and are an important step for learning how to read. Children will learn the most common phonemes represented by animal names with I Can Alphabetics.
Alphabetics is the first app of the I Can Suite. It was designed for children aged 3-6, but if your child is still struggling with beginning reading skills, it can be used at any age. For Dyslexia has done its best to assure the effectiveness of the app by consulting scientific and educational experts in the field of dyslexia. We are especially grateful to the mentorship provided by Dr. Guinevere Eden, Immediate Past President of the International Dyslexia Association and Director of the Center for the Study of Learning at Georgetown University.
What is taught:
• The shape and principal sound of each letter of the alphabet.
How it is taught:
• Through a series of simple exercises, children will hear, trace, pronounce and identify the letters. The letters are introduced in 6 small sets. After they complete a series of multisensory exercises, they are quizzed on their understanding before they can move on to the next set of letters.
How parents and tutors can use it:
• Through individualized Progress Reports parents and tutors can follow what children have practiced and learned for each letter of the alphabet.
This app is appropriate to use with children who have dyslexia because, as
Margaret Byrd Rawson, former President of the International Dyslexia Association (IDA), put so well:
“Dyslexic students need a different approach to learning language from that employed in most classrooms. They need to be taught, slowly and thoroughly, the basic elements of their language—the sounds and the letters which represent them—and how to put these together and take them apart. They have to have lots of practice in having their writing hands, eyes, ears, and voices working together for conscious organization and retention of their learning.”
We love getting feedback from our users. If you have any comments or questions, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright 2013 For Dyslexia, S.L.
How to use:
1. Point your camera to some text (in a book, a sign , ...) and the camera will automatically capture the text and say it
2. If you cannot hear the speech - check that you have a Text-to-Speech engine on the device that supports your language - English is already part of the default Google TTS engine
For Hebrew : try installing this one: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2566795
For best reading results:
1. Re-size the rectangle to fit the specific word or words you would like to hear
2. move the camera slowly forward and backwards while keeping the text in the rectangle for best results
Tested with English and Hebrew
- Various factors can cause the OCR to fail: uneven illumination, stylized text, or text without enough contrast from the background. Try to have good lighting.
- Hold the device steady, and be sure the picture is in focus.
- If you need to scan a large block of text or an entire document, consider using a flatbed scanner or a document scanning app such as TextFairy instead.
SAMSUNG DEVICE NOTES
- On Samsung Galaxy devices, you may need to long-press the menu button to set preferences.
- You may get better results if you un-check "Standard focus mode".
- This app is based on an open source project. It's source code is available at https://github.com/rmtheis/android-ocr.
Learning with our free mobile app is like having a personal language tutor. You’ll discover new vocabulary and grammar—and learn how to use your new language skills in conversation.
Discover the benefits of learning a new language with our proven immersion-based methodology. Download the Rosetta Stone mobile app now and start learning!
Has your school or employer provided you with access to Rosetta Stone Foundations? Download this app to continue your Language Training on the go. Learners with access to Foundations get ALL content in the "Learn Languages: Rosetta Stone" app as part of their Foundations access.
** 2014 Academics’ Choice Smart Media Award winner and 2014 Tabby Awards Winner and Users' Choice pick **
• Chinese (Mandarin)
• English (American)
• English (British)
• Filipino (Tagalog)
• Persian (Farsi)
• Portuguese (Brazil)
• Spanish (Latin America)
• Spanish (Spain)
• Access your Rosetta Stone language training anywhere
• Free access to Lesson 1 in any one of 24 languages
• Proprietary speech-recognition technology
• Automatic sync across devices
• Enterprise and Education Rosetta Stone Foundations clients have full access to all available content
Course material and language lessons include:
• Language Basics
• Greetings and Introductions
• Past and Future
• Friends and Social Life
• Dining and Vacation
• …and more!
Whether you’re studying in your home or on the go, our effective language-learning method, course materials, and lessons can help you transform your life quickly and easily. Start today!
The experts are saying:
“The gold standard of computer-based language learning.” – CNN
“I love Rosetta Stone’s software, and I think the approach to learning languages works.” – TechCrunch
“Rosetta Stone may be the next best thing to living in a country.” – The Wall Street Journal
“I enjoy this app very much. I am able to practice my Spanish lessons on the subway train, standing in lines and at work during breaks.” – James Thompson
“I am extremely grateful to have to Rosetta Stone on my tablet/phone! I have the software on my desktop, but haven't been able to use it a lot due to school and traveling. Now, I can use my tablet/phone between classes or when I am not near my computer. AWESOME!!! Thank you so much!!!” – Eric Fullerton
About Rosetta Stone:
Rosetta Stone Inc. (NYSE:RST) is dedicated to changing the way the world learns. The company's innovative technology-driven language, reading and brain fitness solutions are used by thousands of schools, businesses, government organizations and millions of individuals around the world. Founded in 1992, Rosetta Stone pioneered the use of interactive software to accelerate language learning. Today the company offers courses in 30 languages, from the most commonly spoken (such as English, Spanish and Mandarin) to the less prominent (including Swahili, Swedish and Tagalog). Since 2013, Rosetta Stone has expanded beyond language and deeper into education-technology with its acquisitions of Livemocha, Lexia Learning, Vivity Labs, and Tell Me More. Rosetta Stone is based in Arlington, VA, and has offices around the world.
For more information, visit www.RosettaStone.com.
"Rosetta Stone" is a registered trademark or trademark of Rosetta Stone Ltd. in the United States and other countries.
Learn English listening and reading Audio books, or if you know the language, just enjoy our catalog.
- More than 3000 Audio Books.
- The books can be downloaded and read without Internet connection.
- Includes the text of books.
If you want to learn English you can download the application "beelingo.com". The application includes all audio books, an English dictionary and grammar lessons.
"English AudioBooks - Libribox" offers free access to over 3,000 audiobooks. The application includes lists of books sorted by genre and popularity.
Audio books are free thanks to the dedication of hundreds of volunteers who recorded, edited and distributed. The catalog includes novels, history books, biographies, short stories, poetry and more.
The application facilitates searching the LibriVox catalog. You can see the most popular books, browse by title, author or genre, or search by keywords.
- Misérables, Les (By Hugo, Victor)
- Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, The (By Twain, Mark)
- Pride and Prejudice (By Austen, Jane)
- How to Analyze People on Sight Through the Science of Human Analysis: The Five Human Types (By Benedict, Elsie Lincoln)
- KamaSutra, The (By Vatsyayana, Mallanaga)
- Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, The (By Doyle, Arthur Conan, Sir)
- Grimm's Fairy Tales (By Grimm, Jacob & Wilhelm)
- Noiseless Patient Spider, A (By Whitman, Walt)
- Leaves of Grass (By Whitman, Walt)
- Old Ireland (By Whitman, Walt)
- Old Chants (By Whitman, Walt)
- Prince, The (By Machiavelli, Niccolo)
- Ulysses (By Joyce, James)
- Republic, The (By Plato)
- Frankenstein, or Modern Prometheus (By Shelley, Mary Wollstonecraft)
- Tale of Two Cities, A (By Dickens, Charles)
- Alice's Adventures in Wonderland (By Carroll, Lewis)
- Importance of Being Earnest, The (By Wilde, Oscar)
- Siddhartha (By Hesse, Hermann)
- Gulliver's Travels (By Swift, Jonathan)
- Adventures of Tom Sawyer, The (By Twain, Mark)
- MobyDick, or the Whale (By Melville, Herman)
- Christmas Carol, A (By Dickens, Charles)
- Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass (By Douglass, Frederick)
- Great Expectations (By Dickens, Charles)
- Dracula (By Stoker, Bram)
- Doll's House, A (By Ibsen, Henrik)
- Jane Eyre (By Brontë, Charlotte)
- Count of Monte Cristo, The (By Dumas, Alexandre)
- War and Peace (By Tolstoy, Leo)
- Beyond Good and Evil (By Nietzsche, Friedrich)
- Modest Proposal, A (By Swift, Jonathan)
- Picture of Dorian Gray, The (By Wilde, Oscar)
- Peter Pan (By Barrie, J. M.)
- Princess of Mars, A (By Burroughs, Edgar Rice)
- Study in Scarlet, A (By Doyle, Arthur Conan, Sir)
- Treasure Island (By Stevenson, Robert Louis)
- Walden (By Thoreau, Henry David)
- Essays book 1 (By Montaigne, Michel Eyquem de)
- War of the Worlds, The (By Wells, H. G.)
- Robinson Crusoe (By Defoe, Daniel)
- Emma (By Austen, Jane)
- Dubliners (By Joyce, James)
- Dead, The (By Joyce, James)
- Murders in the Rue Morgue, The (By Poe, Edgar Allan)
- Works of Edgar Allan Poe, The, Raven Edition, Volume 1 (By Poe, Edgar Allan)
- Three Men in a Boat (To Say Nothing of the Dog) (By Jerome, Jerome K.)
- Wuthering Heights (By Brontë, Emily)
- Wonderful Wizard of Oz, The (By Baum, L. Frank)
- Jungle Book, The (By Kipling, Rudyard)
- Works of Edgar Allan Poe, The, Raven Edition, Volume 2 (By Poe, Edgar Allan)
- 12 Creepy Tales (By Poe, Edgar Allan)
- Jungle Book, The (Version 2) (By Kipling, Rudyard)
- Return of Sherlock Holmes, The (By Doyle, Arthur Conan, Sir)
+ Download Audio Books +
+ Download Audio Books +
+ Learn English: Audio Books – Librivox +
+ Learn English: Audio Books – Librivox +
+ Learn English: Audio Books – Librivox +
Unlike traditional strategies that either use simple repetition or multiple choice, PRTT uniquely combines a human-memory structured technique with mnemonics working on both audio and visual senses. This turns the difficult abstract knowledge into something easily learnt. The result is a a system that works as well for the more capable child, the mainstream, dyslexics and the more forgetful.
PRTT was developed by an educator frustrated at the lack of strong table skills in primary school and how this lack of core knowledge harmed the children's ongoing maths education. Even though there are countless books and tools and posters for learning tables, none of these solved the core problem with why the tables are rather hard and tiresome to learn. Smartphones and tablets offer the perfect opportunity to offer everyone this opportunity.
This trial allows you to evaluate the app for free, so is limited to the 3x table.