How to use:
1. Point your camera to some text (in a book, a sign , ...) and the camera will automatically capture the text and say it
2. If you cannot hear the speech - check that you have a Text-to-Speech engine on the device that supports your language - English is already part of the default Google TTS engine
For Hebrew : try installing this one: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2566795
For best reading results:
1. Re-size the rectangle to fit the specific word or words you would like to hear
2. move the camera slowly forward and backwards while keeping the text in the rectangle for best results
Tested with English and Hebrew
- Various factors can cause the OCR to fail: uneven illumination, stylized text, or text without enough contrast from the background. Try to have good lighting.
- Hold the device steady, and be sure the picture is in focus.
- If you need to scan a large block of text or an entire document, consider using a flatbed scanner or a document scanning app such as TextFairy instead.
SAMSUNG DEVICE NOTES
- On Samsung Galaxy devices, you may need to long-press the menu button to set preferences.
- You may get better results if you un-check "Standard focus mode".
- This app is based on an open source project. It's source code is available at https://github.com/rmtheis/android-ocr.
The present app gives you tips with professional articles, videos and links all over the web.
If you have been suffering from dyslexia and tried different cures and tips, searching for the best remedy online, you can now stop searching.
You’ll find astonishing tips and surprising facts in one app – for free.
Get to know about alternative treatments that can easily be done by yourself.
Watch professional exercises and share your experiences with the web community.
And a lot more…
Accessibility enabled to provide text to speech audio of the messages.
Discover new things in a ever changing harmony of background colors.
Motivational statements were derived from the book: The Dyslexia Empowerment Plan: A Blueprint for Renewing Your Child's Confidence and Love of Learning by Ben Foss
Genres books available for search in our application: Detectives, Adventures, Thriller, Action, Historical books, Biographies and Memoirs, Fiction, Fantasy, Horror, Mystery, Russian Literature, Foreign Literature, Novels, Comedy, Business, Fairy Tales, Children, Psychology, Esoteric, Religion, Sociology; Audiobooks in English, Russian and other languages.
*** Teaches the sounds and shapes of letters with MULTISENSORY games. ***
*** Developed in collaboration with experts in the field of education and reading difficulties. ***
Alphabetics will capture the attention of your child while she or he plays games that teach the shapes and sounds of the alphabet. It is a wonderful app for phonemic awareness and shape recognition!
NOTE: In I Can Alphabtetics Free you will have access to all of the features and games of the full app, but it will be limited to just 3 letters (b, f, m). To have the entire alphabet, look for the full I Can Alphabetics app.
Alphabetics was designed for children who are learning the alphabet. The app is based on a multisensory approach to learning-- incorporating sight, listening, speaking and tactile features—to teach phonemic awareness.
Phonemes are the smallest units of sound in language and are an important step for learning how to read. Children will learn the most common phonemes represented by animal names with I Can Alphabetics.
Alphabetics is the first app of the I Can Suite. It was designed for children aged 3-6, but if your child is still struggling with beginning reading skills, it can be used at any age. For Dyslexia has done its best to assure the effectiveness of the app by consulting scientific and educational experts in the field of dyslexia. We are especially grateful to the mentorship provided by Dr. Guinevere Eden, Immediate Past President of the International Dyslexia Association and Director of the Center for the Study of Learning at Georgetown University.
What is taught:
• The shape and principal sound of each letter of the alphabet.
How it is taught:
• Through a series of simple exercises, children will hear, trace, pronounce and identify the letters. The letters are introduced in 6 small sets. After they complete a series of multisensory exercises, they are quizzed on their understanding before they can move on to the next set of letters.
How parents and tutors can use it:
• Through individualized Progress Reports parents and tutors can follow what children have practiced and learned for each letter of the alphabet.
This app is appropriate to use with children who have dyslexia because, as
Margaret Byrd Rawson, former President of the International Dyslexia Association (IDA), put so well:
“Dyslexic students need a different approach to learning language from that employed in most classrooms. They need to be taught, slowly and thoroughly, the basic elements of their language—the sounds and the letters which represent them—and how to put these together and take them apart. They have to have lots of practice in having their writing hands, eyes, ears, and voices working together for conscious organization and retention of their learning.”
We love getting feedback from our users. If you have any comments or questions, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright 2013 For Dyslexia, S.L.
Learn English listening and reading Audio books, or if you know the language, just enjoy our catalog.
- More than 3000 Audio Books.
- The books can be downloaded and read without Internet connection.
- Includes the text of books.
If you want to learn English you can download the application "beelingo.com". The application includes all audio books, an English dictionary and grammar lessons.
"English AudioBooks - Libribox" offers free access to over 3,000 audiobooks. The application includes lists of books sorted by genre and popularity.
Audio books are free thanks to the dedication of hundreds of volunteers who recorded, edited and distributed. The catalog includes novels, history books, biographies, short stories, poetry and more.
The application facilitates searching the LibriVox catalog. You can see the most popular books, browse by title, author or genre, or search by keywords.
- Misérables, Les (By Hugo, Victor)
- Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, The (By Twain, Mark)
- Pride and Prejudice (By Austen, Jane)
- How to Analyze People on Sight Through the Science of Human Analysis: The Five Human Types (By Benedict, Elsie Lincoln)
- KamaSutra, The (By Vatsyayana, Mallanaga)
- Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, The (By Doyle, Arthur Conan, Sir)
- Grimm's Fairy Tales (By Grimm, Jacob & Wilhelm)
- Noiseless Patient Spider, A (By Whitman, Walt)
- Leaves of Grass (By Whitman, Walt)
- Old Ireland (By Whitman, Walt)
- Old Chants (By Whitman, Walt)
- Prince, The (By Machiavelli, Niccolo)
- Ulysses (By Joyce, James)
- Republic, The (By Plato)
- Frankenstein, or Modern Prometheus (By Shelley, Mary Wollstonecraft)
- Tale of Two Cities, A (By Dickens, Charles)
- Alice's Adventures in Wonderland (By Carroll, Lewis)
- Importance of Being Earnest, The (By Wilde, Oscar)
- Siddhartha (By Hesse, Hermann)
- Gulliver's Travels (By Swift, Jonathan)
- Adventures of Tom Sawyer, The (By Twain, Mark)
- MobyDick, or the Whale (By Melville, Herman)
- Christmas Carol, A (By Dickens, Charles)
- Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass (By Douglass, Frederick)
- Great Expectations (By Dickens, Charles)
- Dracula (By Stoker, Bram)
- Doll's House, A (By Ibsen, Henrik)
- Jane Eyre (By Brontë, Charlotte)
- Count of Monte Cristo, The (By Dumas, Alexandre)
- War and Peace (By Tolstoy, Leo)
- Beyond Good and Evil (By Nietzsche, Friedrich)
- Modest Proposal, A (By Swift, Jonathan)
- Picture of Dorian Gray, The (By Wilde, Oscar)
- Peter Pan (By Barrie, J. M.)
- Princess of Mars, A (By Burroughs, Edgar Rice)
- Study in Scarlet, A (By Doyle, Arthur Conan, Sir)
- Treasure Island (By Stevenson, Robert Louis)
- Walden (By Thoreau, Henry David)
- Essays book 1 (By Montaigne, Michel Eyquem de)
- War of the Worlds, The (By Wells, H. G.)
- Robinson Crusoe (By Defoe, Daniel)
- Emma (By Austen, Jane)
- Dubliners (By Joyce, James)
- Dead, The (By Joyce, James)
- Murders in the Rue Morgue, The (By Poe, Edgar Allan)
- Works of Edgar Allan Poe, The, Raven Edition, Volume 1 (By Poe, Edgar Allan)
- Three Men in a Boat (To Say Nothing of the Dog) (By Jerome, Jerome K.)
- Wuthering Heights (By Brontë, Emily)
- Wonderful Wizard of Oz, The (By Baum, L. Frank)
- Jungle Book, The (By Kipling, Rudyard)
- Works of Edgar Allan Poe, The, Raven Edition, Volume 2 (By Poe, Edgar Allan)
- 12 Creepy Tales (By Poe, Edgar Allan)
- Jungle Book, The (Version 2) (By Kipling, Rudyard)
- Return of Sherlock Holmes, The (By Doyle, Arthur Conan, Sir)
+ Download Audio Books +
+ Download Audio Books +
+ Learn English: Audio Books – Librivox +
+ Learn English: Audio Books – Librivox +
+ Learn English: Audio Books – Librivox +
The app is divided into three phases, namely: units, tens and hundreds. Each with a color defined in each issue to fix its location in a mental image and facilitate further reading.
Each section consists of a set of numbers that can be heard, when clicking on the speaker located on the bottom of the issue, and should be read aloud by activating the image of the microphone to recognize and validate the app.
As each number is validated, will activate getting stars to three stars by section.
When they have achieved the nine stars, the cup is achieved :)
In future revisions the following enhancements are added:
- Review the design in different screen sizes and resolutions.
- Implement more languages.
* Hundreds of Historical Photos including People, Wars, Events, and Creative moments from world history.
* View only the pictures which have been shared in the last 24 hours.
* Change background themes from light to dark.
* Tap images to see a higher quality and zoom-in on the picture.
* Share the photos you find with friends via Facebook, Twitter and email.
This initial version of Go Read allows readers to:
- Read on-the-go with a variety of Android tablets and phones (Android 2.2 Froyo or above)
- Access and download books directly from Bookshare – the world’s largest accessible online library for people with print disabilities
- Read with voiced navigation and text-to-speech
- Read books in DAISY 3 text and EPUB 2 formats
Go Read is optimized for visually impaired readers, and usable by anyone. To get Bookshare content, readers must have a qualifying print disability and have an active membership. Go Read supports both individual and organizational Bookshare memberships, such as schools. To learn more about Bookshare, visit www.bookshare.org.
Go Read is developed by Benetech, a nonprofit technology developer and is based on the open source FBReader (www.fbreader.org).
Developers are invited to contribute to the future development of Go Read and can get more information at www.goread.org.
To share your ideas, or give your feedback visit http://bookshare.uservoice.com/forums/137554-go-read
The Common Core Foundational Skills 1st Grade states:
Demonstrate understanding of spoken words, syllables, and sounds
a. Distinguish long from short vowel sounds in spoken single-syllable words.
b. Orally produce single-syllable words by blending sounds (phonemes),
including consonant blends.
c. Isolate and pronounce initial, medial vowel, and final sounds (phonemes) in
spoken single-syllable words.
d. Segment spoken single-syllable words into their complete sequence of
individual sounds (phonemes).
All of these foundational skills are covered in this Phonics Awareness app, making it very usable in any first grade school core program. Over 400,000 people agree. Phonics Awareness is an app any teacher or parent can trust! The check yourself section allows the parent or teacher to see the child’s progress on these skills, allowing them to catch up or keep up with their peers. Using this section as a pretest will target the student’s individual needs.
This app is completely free because I believe this is for a good cause.
In a future update it will give you the definition of the word.
The Online Reading Tutor dyslexia screener only takes 5 to 10 minutes to complete. You will be provided with immediate results of the assessment. Pending the results, you may request a call from our reading specialists to see if we are a good fit to help your child. If you believe your child may have a specific reading disability or Dyslexia, screen them for free today. The Online Reading Tutor screener can help diagnose specific reading problems and recommend an effective training program that will help your child develop fluent, automatic decoding skills. When reading becomes automatic or fluent, comprehension improves dramatically.
The dyslexia test only takes 5 to 10 minutes to complete. You will be provided with immediate results of the assessment.
After completing the screener, you may sign up for a Free Trial of our Orton-Gillingham based software. Our software has been endorsed by the Council of Administrators of Special Education (CASE). If you decide to choose ORT, your child will almost certainly start to see significant gains after 30 hours of training. Students with an IEP for their learning disability are our specialty.
The Online Reading Tutor Assessment is Patent Pending, and Copyright © Online Reading Tutor 2014, 2015
Right away, students are engaged in letter recognition accompanied by charming animations. Phonics Flashcards follow up each lesson. Students learn at a natural pace. New words are introduced right after teaching the individual phonetic components. Student then read complete stories accompanied by the beautiful original color illustrations of Robert Schoolcraft.
Comes with games and exercises including:
• Word Truckin’ - Load up your truck with the right letters, and she’s off!
• Train for Words - The train is coming up the mountain! But it need the right words to keep on chuggin’!
• Phonics Blender - Hear your own word creations with the Phonics Blender! Thousands of fun possibilities!
Other great features:
• Supports up to 10 students, and provides student progress saving and tracking.
• Teaches to visual, kinetic and auditory learners
• Designed for non-readers
• Accelerate students to first-grade reading level
• Includes special font for dyslexic readers
This app is authentic to the original school book, “McGuffey's Eclectic Primer Revised Edition”.
Invest in a reading tutor with infinite patience - “Phonics and Reading with McGuffey”.
The idea is based on TuxMath - a very popular educational maths software. This is a fun way for kids to learn numbers and build basic math skills.
Try to destroy the rain of numbers. Any correct answer will destroy the relevant raining equation completely.
2 player mode is a funny reaction game for two people on the same device. You can help your children learn math in a funny way!
Designed for kids and fun! Math really can be fun and really can be easy to learn.