This initial version of Go Read allows readers to:
- Read on-the-go with a variety of Android tablets and phones (Android 2.2 Froyo or above)
- Access and download books directly from Bookshare – the world’s largest accessible online library for people with print disabilities
- Read with voiced navigation and text-to-speech
- Read books in DAISY 3 text and EPUB 2 formats
Go Read is optimized for visually impaired readers, and usable by anyone. To get Bookshare content, readers must have a qualifying print disability and have an active membership. Go Read supports both individual and organizational Bookshare memberships, such as schools. To learn more about Bookshare, visit www.bookshare.org.
Go Read is developed by Benetech, a nonprofit technology developer and is based on the open source FBReader (www.fbreader.org).
Developers are invited to contribute to the future development of Go Read and can get more information at www.goread.org.
To share your ideas, or give your feedback visit http://bookshare.uservoice.com/forums/137554-go-read
Accessibility enabled to provide text to speech audio of the messages.
Discover new things in a ever changing harmony of background colors.
Motivational statements were derived from the book: The Dyslexia Empowerment Plan: A Blueprint for Renewing Your Child's Confidence and Love of Learning by Ben Foss
How to use:
1. Point your camera to some text (in a book, a sign , ...) and the camera will automatically capture the text and say it
2. If you cannot hear the speech - check that you have a Text-to-Speech engine on the device that supports your language - English is already part of the default Google TTS engine
For Hebrew : try installing this one: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2566795
For best reading results:
1. Re-size the rectangle to fit the specific word or words you would like to hear
2. move the camera slowly forward and backwards while keeping the text in the rectangle for best results
Tested with English and Hebrew
- Various factors can cause the OCR to fail: uneven illumination, stylized text, or text without enough contrast from the background. Try to have good lighting.
- Hold the device steady, and be sure the picture is in focus.
- If you need to scan a large block of text or an entire document, consider using a flatbed scanner or a document scanning app such as TextFairy instead.
SAMSUNG DEVICE NOTES
- On Samsung Galaxy devices, you may need to long-press the menu button to set preferences.
- You may get better results if you un-check "Standard focus mode".
- This app is based on an open source project. It's source code is available at https://github.com/rmtheis/android-ocr.
*** Teaches the sounds and shapes of letters with MULTISENSORY games. ***
*** Developed in collaboration with experts in the field of education and reading difficulties. ***
Alphabetics will capture the attention of your child while she or he plays games that teach the shapes and sounds of the alphabet. It is a wonderful app for phonemic awareness and shape recognition!
NOTE: In I Can Alphabtetics Free you will have access to all of the features and games of the full app, but it will be limited to just 3 letters (b, f, m). To have the entire alphabet, look for the full I Can Alphabetics app.
Alphabetics was designed for children who are learning the alphabet. The app is based on a multisensory approach to learning-- incorporating sight, listening, speaking and tactile features—to teach phonemic awareness.
Phonemes are the smallest units of sound in language and are an important step for learning how to read. Children will learn the most common phonemes represented by animal names with I Can Alphabetics.
Alphabetics is the first app of the I Can Suite. It was designed for children aged 3-6, but if your child is still struggling with beginning reading skills, it can be used at any age. For Dyslexia has done its best to assure the effectiveness of the app by consulting scientific and educational experts in the field of dyslexia. We are especially grateful to the mentorship provided by Dr. Guinevere Eden, Immediate Past President of the International Dyslexia Association and Director of the Center for the Study of Learning at Georgetown University.
What is taught:
• The shape and principal sound of each letter of the alphabet.
How it is taught:
• Through a series of simple exercises, children will hear, trace, pronounce and identify the letters. The letters are introduced in 6 small sets. After they complete a series of multisensory exercises, they are quizzed on their understanding before they can move on to the next set of letters.
How parents and tutors can use it:
• Through individualized Progress Reports parents and tutors can follow what children have practiced and learned for each letter of the alphabet.
This app is appropriate to use with children who have dyslexia because, as
Margaret Byrd Rawson, former President of the International Dyslexia Association (IDA), put so well:
“Dyslexic students need a different approach to learning language from that employed in most classrooms. They need to be taught, slowly and thoroughly, the basic elements of their language—the sounds and the letters which represent them—and how to put these together and take them apart. They have to have lots of practice in having their writing hands, eyes, ears, and voices working together for conscious organization and retention of their learning.”
We love getting feedback from our users. If you have any comments or questions, please send them to email@example.com
Copyright 2013 For Dyslexia, S.L.
The present app gives you tips with professional articles, videos and links all over the web.
If you have been suffering from dyslexia and tried different cures and tips, searching for the best remedy online, you can now stop searching.
You’ll find astonishing tips and surprising facts in one app – for free.
Get to know about alternative treatments that can easily be done by yourself.
Watch professional exercises and share your experiences with the web community.
And a lot more…
The idea is based on TuxMath - a very popular educational maths software. This is a fun way for kids to learn numbers and build basic math skills.
Try to destroy the rain of numbers. Any correct answer will destroy the relevant raining equation completely.
2 player mode is a funny reaction game for two people on the same device. You can help your children learn math in a funny way!
Designed for kids and fun! Math really can be fun and really can be easy to learn.
⏰☆12+ new clock designs with hour and min display including a roman numeral clock for advanced learners!
⏰☆General graphic redesign
⏰☆Tell the time in 4 different difficulty levels, currently down to 1 minute intervals.
⏰☆Drag the clock hands on the clock face to practice telling the time and in challenge game modes to earn stars to pass the level.
⏰☆Stop the clock on the correct time.
⏰☆Time quiz, choose the right digital time that matches the time on the clock.
⏰☆Review progress using the achievements screen, see which games have been passed (5 stars).
- Over 50 words to explore and learn. Please note that this app comes free with 7 word puzzles and animations. A one-time in-app purchase will unlock the rest.
- Delightful animations teach children the definitions of the words in a fun and engaging way.
- Word game teaches children letters.
- Endless Alphabet was designed with your children in mind. There are no high scores, failures, limits or stress. Your child can interact with the app at their own pace.
The Common Core Foundational Skills 1st Grade states:
Demonstrate understanding of spoken words, syllables, and sounds
a. Distinguish long from short vowel sounds in spoken single-syllable words.
b. Orally produce single-syllable words by blending sounds (phonemes),
including consonant blends.
c. Isolate and pronounce initial, medial vowel, and final sounds (phonemes) in
spoken single-syllable words.
d. Segment spoken single-syllable words into their complete sequence of
individual sounds (phonemes).
All of these foundational skills are covered in this Phonics Awareness app, making it very usable in any first grade school core program. Over 400,000 people agree. Phonics Awareness is an app any teacher or parent can trust! The check yourself section allows the parent or teacher to see the child’s progress on these skills, allowing them to catch up or keep up with their peers. Using this section as a pretest will target the student’s individual needs.
Genres books available for search in our application: Detectives, Adventures, Thriller, Action, Historical books, Biographies and Memoirs, Fiction, Fantasy, Horror, Mystery, Russian Literature, Foreign Literature, Novels, Comedy, Business, Fairy Tales, Children, Psychology, Esoteric, Religion, Sociology; Audiobooks in English, Russian and other languages.
- Install Adobe Air on your device before launching the app. You can download the latest version of Adobe Air from http://goo.gl/XQL3pW
- App best viewed in landscape mode.
Make Sentences is a fun, interactive language app with scores of exciting features that have caught the imagination of many people who just want to make sentences!
WHAT’S GREAT ABOUT MAKE SENTENCES:
~ Construct simple to complex sentences from a collection of words
~ Pick and place words in correct sequence from a given stack of scattered words
~ Training walkthrough
~ Pause and play
~ Set timer and select either sequential or random order of play
Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ColorsKit
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/ColorsKit
Connect with us on Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/+ColorsKitapps/
5 million parents, just like you, have downloaded Read Me Stories to teach their child to read.
Is your goal any of these?
* Get a new book every day
* Entertain your child
* Read bedtime stories together
* Your child learns to read these stories by him/herself
Then Read Me Stories is for you!
If you want your child to learn to read by themselves and graduate an awesome and confident little reader, you can help them accomplish that!
* Learn ABCs, phonics and pronunciation
* Gain a reading vocabulary of 1000+ words
* Tap to sound out words and letters - learning phonics on the fly
* Learn word and sentence formation
* Read along as the words highlight
* Enjoy reading from a library of hundreds of educational children’s stories
* Start at your child's current reading level
* Get more books (to learn new skills) at your child's pace
Join our characters on an engaging adventure, get a new story every day, and make everyday reading a breeze.
** Proven track record of 98% success! **
For over 12 years our qualified teachers have achieved 98% success in teaching kids to read one-on-one. This proven curriculum and pedagogy is at the heart of this app.
Is your child in primary school and struggling with early reading? Read Me Stories is great at achieving amazing turnarounds with kids that fail reading test standards in school.
Want to avoid that? Give your child a super head start with Read Me Stories - it works great for preschool, kindergarten or concurrent with early primary school.
Worried about whether this is at the right level for your child? The app contains an easy step-by-step assessment to start your child at their reading level!
We're here to help you help your child achieve their best. So reach out to us for anything, from technical questions to advice from reading specialists.
5 million parents, just like you, have downloaded Read Me Stories to teach their child to read.
Download now and start your child on their path to reading success!
Is your child bored with books, or even disliking them? Our interactive storybooks engage your child with Disney-caliber illustrations and voices like they've grown to expect from modern animated movies, achieving higher engagement than traditional picture books.
The library is filled with interactive tales of adventure, animals, trucks, planes, amazing places like the South Pole and outer space, classic stories like 'Little Red Riding Hood', etc. And check out the books with songs, like the 'Five Fabulous Frogs' theme song.
Read Me Stories a positive introduction to reading and will nurture your child's education development.
Is Spanish, Chinese or Japanese the primary language in your household? You'll love our bilingual ebooks. You can read bedtime stories in either your primary language, or English. And if your child gets really stuck while reading an English sentence, they can fall back to the sentence being displayed in their home language. Our Chinese text contains our kid friendly Pinyin guide. And our Japanese text contains kid friendly furigana. Worried about your child achieving conversational English? Start them early with Read Me Stories.
Homeschooling K-3? You'll love our optional Parent Booklets with step-by-step lesson plans and printed activity resources.
Maybe you're just worried about technical stuff like Common Core Standards, reading level correlation, leveled readers, phonics, assessment, reading intervention, miscue analysis, reading recovery, supporting multiple children, etc.? Or maybe you're a professional tutor or teacher with even more questions? We've got you covered. Just write to us and we'll answer all of your questions about curriculum, pedagogy, and how Read Me Stories dovetails with your learning paths.
Right away, students are engaged in letter recognition accompanied by charming animations. Phonics Flashcards follow up each lesson. Students learn at a natural pace. New words are introduced right after teaching the individual phonetic components. Student then read complete stories accompanied by the beautiful original color illustrations of Robert Schoolcraft.
Comes with games and exercises including:
• Word Truckin’ - Load up your truck with the right letters, and she’s off!
• Train for Words - The train is coming up the mountain! But it need the right words to keep on chuggin’!
• Phonics Blender - Hear your own word creations with the Phonics Blender! Thousands of fun possibilities!
Other great features:
• Supports up to 10 students, and provides student progress saving and tracking.
• Teaches to visual, kinetic and auditory learners
• Designed for non-readers
• Accelerate students to first-grade reading level
• Includes special font for dyslexic readers
This app is authentic to the original school book, “McGuffey's Eclectic Primer Revised Edition”.
Invest in a reading tutor with infinite patience - “Phonics and Reading with McGuffey”.