LIGONIER 2012 NATIONAL CONFERENCE
THE CHRISTIAN MIND
March 15-17, 2012
Burning hearts are not nourished by empty heads.
One of the things most alarming about today’s culture is the way in which evangelicals are responding to attacks. Gone are the days, it seems at times, when believers devoted themselves to thinking deeply about the world in order to respond humbly to the church’s enemies without ceding any intellectual ground. Many evangelicals have bought into the idea that having one’s heart in the right place is all that matters—that a passion for Jesus and the life of the mind are mutually exclusive. What this view misses is that burning hearts are not nourished by empty heads. We must develop our minds if we are to sustain our passion for the Savior and deal with the bias against us.
At Ligonier Ministries’ 2012 National Conference, we will be addressing this problem as we consider the theme of “The Christian Mind.” From March 15-17, 2012, R.C. Sproul will be joined by Sinclair Ferguson, Robert Godfrey, Michael Horton, Steven J. Lawson, Albert Mohler, Stephen Meyer, R.C. Sproul Jr., and Del Tackett to consider the importance of building a Christian worldview, the role of education in the Christian life, science and God’s natural revelation, defending the faith, and many other topics. It promises to be an exciting time of training and fellowship as we all learn how better to think like Christians in order that we might live like Christians.
More from developer
Be enriched by the ministries of Alistair Begg, John MacArthur, Albert Mohler, John Piper, R.C. Sproul, and many more.
RefNet's daily programming is God-centered, God-honoring, and committed to the historic Christian faith:
● Preaching and teaching from trustworthy evangelical teachers and preachers
● Bible readings from the Old and New Testaments
● Daily news briefs so you stay current with the day's headlines
● Music suitable for background listening
● Dramatic audio theatre for family entertainment and encouragement
● Audiobooks for the growing Christian
The RefNet app allows you to:
● Stream via your cellular data or WiFi connection
● Listen to the schedule in your local timezone using time-shift
● Set calendar reminders so you don't miss your favorite programs
● Join the conversation on social media
To begin listening to RefNet, open the app and press the play button in the top left of the screen. To finish listening to RefNet, press what is now a stop button in the top left of the screen or use the new sleep timer function.
Please send any comments and/or issues to feedback@RefNet.fm or use the new in-app feedback feature. Thank you.