Ancient scrolls reveal that Jesus spent seventeen years in India and Tibet.
From age thirteen to age twenty-nine, he was both a student and teacher of Buddhist and Hindu holy men.
The story of his journey from Jerusalem to Benares was recorded by Brahman historians.
Today they still know him and love him as St. Issa. Their 'buddha'.
In 1894 Nicolas Notovitch published a book called The Unknown Life of Christ. He was a Russian doctor who journeyed extensively throughout Afghanistan, India, and Tibet. Notovitch journeyed through the lovely passes of Bolan, over the Punjab, down into the arid rocky land of Ladak, and into the majestic Vale of Kashmir of the Himalayas. During one of his jouneys he was visiting Leh, the capital of Ladak, near where the buddhist convent Himis is. He had an accident that resulted in his leg being broken. This gave him the unscheduled opportunity to stay awhile at the Himis convent.
Himis Convent Notovitch learned, while he was there, that there existed ancient records of the life of Jesus Christ. In the course of his visit at the great convent, he located a Tibetan translation of the legend and carefully noted in his carnet de voyage over two hundred verses from the curious document known as "The Life of St. Issa."
He was shown two large yellowed volumes containing the biography of St. Issa. Notovitch enlisted a member of his party to translate the Tibetan volumes while he carefully noted each verse in the back pages of his journal.
When he returned to the western world there was much controversy as to the authenticity of the document. He was accused of creating a hoax and was ridiculed as an imposter. In his defense he encouraged a scientific expedition to prove the original tibetan documents existed.
One of his skeptics was Swami Abhedananda. Abhedananda journeyed into the arctic region of the Himalayas, determined to find a copy of the Himis manuscript or to expose the fraud. His book of travels, entitled Kashmir O Tibetti, tells of a visit to the Himis gonpa and includes a Bengali translation of two hundred twenty-four verses essentially the same as the Notovitch text. Abhedananda was thereby convinced of the authenticity of the Issa legend.
In 1925, another Russian named Nicholas Roerich arrived at Himis. Roerich, was a philosopher and a distinguished scientist. He apparently saw the same documents as Notovitch and Abhedananda. And he recorded in his own travel diary the same legend of St. Issa. Speaking of Issa, Roerich quotes legends which have the estimated antiquity of many centuries.
... He passed his time in several ancient cities of India such as Benares. All loved him because Issa dwelt in peace with Vaishas and Shudras whom he instructed and helped. But the Brahmins and Kshatriyas told him that Brahma forbade those to approach who were created out of his womb and feet. The Vaishas were allowed to listen to the Vedas only on holidays and the Shudras were forbidden not only to be present at the reading of the Vedas, but could not even look at them.
Issa said that man had filled the temples with his abominations. In order to pay homage to metals and stones, man sacrificed his fellows in whom dwells a spark of the Supreme Spirit. Man demeans those who labor by the sweat of their brows, in order to gain the good will of the sluggard who sits at the lavishly set board. But they who deprive their brothers of the common blessing shall be themselves stripped of it.
Vaishas and Shudras were struck with astonishment and asked what they could perform. Issa bade them "Worship not the idols. Do not consider yourself first. Do not humiliate your neighbor. Help the poor. Sustain the feeble. Do evil to no one. Do not covet that which you do not possess and which is possessed by others."
Content and Features
* Multiple English dictionaries, featuring extensive definitions, pronunciations, usage sentences, etymologies, and more.
* Extensive offline English dictionary and thesaurus. NOTE: Offline content must be downloaded separately using an Internet connection before offline mode can be accessed.
* Advanced Search options, including "Starts with," "Ends with," and "In definition."
* Multiple thesauri, featuring synonyms, antonyms, related words, even images.
* Multiple encyclopedias, including Britannica, Columbia, Collins, even Wikipedia.
* Multiple specialty dictionaries, including Medical, Legal, Financial, Idioms, Acronyms and Abbreviations, and more.
* Online dictionaries in 13 other languages: Spanish, French, German, Italian, Chinese, Portuguese, Dutch, Norwegian, Greek, Arabic, Polish, Turkish, and Russian.
* Translate English words into more than 40 languages, plus dozens of other translation options.
* Play audio pronunciations of words and view a pronunciation key.
* Jump to Definition, Thesaurus, or Translations with one button.
* Look up the definition of any word on the page with one click.
* Search for words on the page.
* Create unlimited bookmarks. Sort alphabetically or chronologically.
* Learn something new every day with fresh daily content, including Word of the Day, This Day in History, Quote of the Day, Today's Birthday, News of the Day, and more. Even set notifications for daily delivery.
* Play games, including Spelling Bee, Match Up, Words Within Words, as well as Hangman in a dozen different languages.
* Customize your homepage: add or remove articles, games, even personalized horoscope and local weather in Fahrenheit or Celsius.
* Navigate the app in more than a dozen languages with the multilingual interface.
* Share your favorite definitions, encyclopedia entries, and articles via Facebook, Twitter, email, and text. Even share homepage articles.
* Set daily notifications for Word of the Day and other content.
* Adjust font size.
* Copy text (with supported devices).
* Use swipe gestures to move back and forward (with supported devices).
* Search via Android Quick Search Box, including voice-activated searching (with supported devices).
* For app developers: The Free Dictionary app has the ability to be accessed by other apps with API calls (Contact Farlex for instructions on accessing TFD).
O for Omni
Super lightweight (~⅓MB) yet flexible and powerful. Plus an English plugin still less than 1MB. (Swype ~15MB, Minuum ~18MB, Google Keyboard ~15MB, Swiftkey ~8MB, TouchPal ~8.5MB)
- All in one, multilingual ( Cover >130 languages)
- Accurate gesture input (swipe)
- What a PC keyboard can do, you can do with this keyboard
- Gesture oriented (super fast to enter special symbols, words or sentences)
- Resizable and easy positioning. Fits all screen sizes (phone, phablet, tablet…)
- Unlimited themes with style and color mixing (mix your very own shade of pink or purple ).
- Better color Emoji ⚽👍🙋 for KitKat, smiley :-) , emoticon 😁, symbols ★☏♘⚄ , kaomoji (ง°▼°)ง feel free to create your own ԅ(ˆ。ˆԅ)
- Fun text transformation tool: ξχ๑тïς тεχт, ⓒⓘⓡⓒⓛⓔⓓ or ｗｉｄｅ.
- Calculator i.e. (4+5)-(6-3)=6
- Split, floating (for ssh terminal) or dock.
- Multiple layouts: QWERTY, QWERTZ, AZERTY, DVORAK… or design your own (DIY, Chubon, KALQ)
- 5-row or 4-row layouts
- Ultra customizable. The only one that let you design your own layout (DIY layout)
- Easy switch between languages, layouts, voice input, or even other keyboards.
- T9 prediction
- Flick or Multi-tap
- 日本語 romaji or Flick keyboard.
- 6 predefined layout for 한국어 (천지인, 나랏글, Flick…)
- Edit mode (lockable). You can select text, copy, cut and paste …
- Modern or retro (DIY)
- Colorful, pink, purple, neon or monochrome (Mix it yourself)
- Physical or Bluetooth keyboard (all keys can be remapped to the soft layout)
- No internet permission = safer
For color iOS 6 emoji, please install Emoji Codec 2
About the gesture input:
- The home brew "swipe" algorithm is very young, so don't expect it works exactly like Swype, Swiftkey flow or slideIT. I want to keep the algorithm simple and small.
- For long words, try not to swipe the whole word (You may append gesture).
- Make sharp corner for better prediction.
a.k.a The next generation of Multiling Keyboard, Tablet keyboard, DIY keyboard, emoji keyboard, Floating keyboard.(maybe conflict with paranoid)
Fula; Fulah; Pulaar; Pular
Scottish Gaelic; Gaelic
International Phonetic Alphabet
Creek, Muskogee, Muscogee
Romanian, Moldavian, Moldovan
Kayah Li (Karenni)
Myanmar (Now let you choose Zawgyi)
★ Time Magazine ‘Top 10 Back-To-School App ★ Winner: CNET Top 100 Mobile App Award ★
★ Winner: Best App Ever for Books & Reference
* FULL English Dictionary and Thesaurus—over 2,000,000 definitions, synonyms & antonyms
* Daily content including Word of the Day, blog & slideshows
*FREE advanced Learner’s Dictionary provides additional context
* Audio pronunciations
* Idioms & phrases
* Word origin & history
* Voice search
* Favorite words
* Search history
* Spelling suggestions
* IPA and phonetic pronunciations
* Commonly looked-up words mapped to specific locations
* Medical, legal & financial content
* Abbreviations, acronyms & slang content
* Word of the Day home screen widget
* Compatible with tablet devices like the Nexus 7 & Samsung Galaxy Tab
Get the Premium Dictionary.com app to enjoy an ad-free experience with example sentences and more.
WHY OUR USERS LOVE IT:
1. It is totally FREE !!
2. It has both ONLINE and OFFLINE mode available.
3. It has facility to type in Hindi and search Hindi Words.
4. It provides Devanagri Font display across devices.
5. It has auto completion, saving search history and saving selected words.
6. It is regularly updated by a dedicated team of Developers.
7. It provides quick support at firstname.lastname@example.org for any problem.
8. It provides innovative dictionary tools like hindi english spell checker, word games etc.
For more information and to try it out on web please visit:
This dictionary is also available on mobile browsers at http://m.hinkhoj.com
** Requires active internet connection to work ** No offline version.
The FREE Talking Translator / Dictionary / Word of the day / Daily word app is packed with features:
- Supports many languages - Italian, French, German, Chinese, Japanese, etc.
- Includes dictionary
- Word of the day - (also in widget; and daily notifications - turn them off in Settings)
- Sentence correction
- Transcription / transliteration for many languages
Speak a sentence and hear the translation!
Note: The app offers a very large number of languages for translation. Not all languages have voice support.
- Learn the language you always wanted to learn! A great multi language tutor for Spanish and other languages like German, Russian, French, Japanese, Chinese and Korean etc.
* Please note that we do not have any control over payments and downloads. So please do not contact us regarding payment or download issues. We are always happy to help with the app features!
- voice recognition for all major languages (new feature)
- eMail or SMS the translation
- copy to paste in other apps
- translation history
Now available on iPhone too - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/talking-translator!/id579870510?mt=8
China Chinese 翻譯 字典 中國
France french Traducteur Dictionnaire
Germany german language Übersetzer Wörterbuch Lexikon Diktionär
traduttore dizionario Italy
Japan japanese 辞書 ディクショナリ 辞典 ディクショナリー 字引 辭典 翻訳者 訳者 翻訳家 トランスレーター
Korea korean 한국 번역자 사전 수리인 역자 자동 중계기 번역 루틴 사전 사서 자서
Espanol Spain Mexico Traductor Diccionario language learn tutor teach learning school master phrase phrasebook read talk greenline time love much loved housekeeper easy app fun better Spanish
If you are a student, tourist or traveler, it will helps you to learn the language!
For example, Spanish is spoken in countries like United States, Mexico, Colombia, Argentina, Chile, Spain, Equador and others.
Spanish, Chinese, German, French, Russian and many other languages supported.
Learn the languages using the Daily Word feature. Get a Daily Word / Word of the day in language of your choice - Spanish, German, French, Russian, Hindi, Chinese, Korean etc.
© 2010-2011上海名申科技有限公司版權所有 http://www.mingsh.com
Encountered a word in a book that you don't know, or forgot the exact meaning of? Then look it up, bookmark it, and never lose track of it again. You can then navigate to other related words, including synonyms, hypernyms, hyponyms, verb-stems etc., thereby also broadening your general culture. Add notes to each words (e.g. "Read it in War and Peace, p.203, in the Fall of 2011), and create your own, custom dictionary following you everywhere.
Found a word particularly intriguing, or funny? Then share the definition with your friends via mail, SMS, Twitter or Facebook!
- Wordnik-based dictionary
- Synonyms dictionary
- Word of the day
- Random words
- Share via e-mail, SMS etc.
- Backup and restore
Keywords: dictionary, mobile dictionary, Wordnik dictionary, personal dictionary, online dictionary, English dictionary, synonyms dictionary, reference dictionary, random words dictionary, dictionary reference, reference, online reference, word reference, Wordnik reference, free dictionary, word, words
You download the dictionaries to the SD card the first time you launch the app. Choose which dictionary or dictionaries you want to download.
Perform advance searches in the dictionaries, which come in handy when you're working on a crossword puzzle.
Definitions can be read by the device using a text to speech module (some devices don't support this and some languages may not be available).
Offline dictionaries is a free, ad-supported application. For the ad-free version, check out Offline dictionaries Pro.
There are more than 40 multi-lingual dictionaries to choose from, including:
* English dictionary
* English anagrams
* English word list
* English <-> French
* English <-> German
* English <-> Spanish
* English <-> Russian
* English <-> Portuguese
* English <-> Arabic
* English <-> Hebrew
* English <-> Korean
* English <-> Chinese
* English <-> Japanese
* English <-> Hindi
* French dictionary
* French anagrams
* French word list
* French <-> Spanish
* French <-> Czech
* French <-> German
* French <-> Italian
* French <-> Chinese
* French <-> Japanese
* French <-> Arabic
* French <-> Dutch
* French <-> Hindi
* French <- Walloon
* Russian <- Chinese
* Russian <-> French
* Russian <-> German
* Russian <-> Italian
* German <-> Russian
* Japanese -> German
* Spanish dictionary
* Korean (full / law Hanja / Hanzi)
* Synonyms for English, French, Spanish, German, Czech, Polish, Irish
Dictionaries are added or improved regularly (ask us if you want a particular one).
Follow us on Twitter to get informed : http://twitter.com/nghsfr
The application can be used through ebook readers such as Moon Reader+...
Note: first INSTALLATION of BIG DICTIONARIES can be SLOW. Just WAIT for the progress window to be closed. No action is required.
Keywords: Thesaurus, dictionary, off-line dictionaries, disconnected, dictionnaire, hors ligne, horsligne
This app also contains several other texts related to Lojong, such as:
Ambrosia of the Mind
Eight Verses of the mind
The 37 Practices of Bodhisattvas
Nectar of the Heart
Parting from the Four Attachments
The Bodhisattvas Garland of Jewels
Transforming Sickness and other circumstances
Aspiration to Generate Bodhisattva
A Song of Compassion
The Principal Aspects of the Path
BuddhistApps is a small Buddhist company developing apps specially for the Buddhist Community. We create free apps and paid apps to cover the cost of development, specially for some apps that require many hours of work, design and programming. Our geniune interest is to make the wisdom of Buddha Dharma readily available to you.
*** This is a fully functional 1 day FREE TRIAL ***
* Offers the most comprehensive coverage of English from around the world
* Completely revised and updated to include the very latest vocabulary, with over 350,000 words, phrases, and meanings
*Thousands of words and senses derived from the latest research from the Oxford English Corpus, giving the most complete and accurate picture of the English language today
* About 75,000 audio pronunciations of both common and rare words, doubled with both British & American voice versions, including words with controversial pronunciation or with variant pronunciations
This edition includes thousands of brand-new words and senses, as well as up-to-date encyclopedic information.
Readership: Ideal for anyone who needs a comprehensive and authoritative dictionary of current English; for professionals, students, academics, and for use at work or at home.
A search tool:
Featuring various search options to help you find the words you need more easily, including:
* A quick search of words while you type
* A 'fuzzy filter' for when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
* A 'keyword' search for finding key words within phrasal verbs
* A wild card search facility which can replace a letter or a group of letters
A learning tool:
The dictionary app includes a number of features which help you to expand your vocabulary further:
* A 'Favourites' feature allows you to create your own categories and lists of words
* Your last visited words are all saved in your 'History', so that you can quickly look back at recently checked words
* Discover a new word every day with the 'Daily' feature
* Ability to have dictionary Word of the Day as a widget on the device home screen
* See words in context with example sentences
* Online and offline modes supported; the offline mode allows you to download the whole dictionary and work independently from data connections
A mobile dictionary application from MobiSystems with content from Oxford University Press.
* Small apps extension for Sony products
★★★★★ Major Features ★★★★★
✔ Over 200K words & phrases
✔ Audio pronunciation
✔ Comprehensive definition
✔ Spelling suggestions
✔ Search history record
✔ Fastest search speed
✔ Flexible search by English
✔ Share learning progress via social networks
Note that user can pay an one-off fee to remove advertisements in this app.
Please install MultiLing Keyboard along with this plugin.
★There are many layouts for you to choose, swipe from right to left or long-press 123, bottom row 3rd item to toggle.
Dzongkha Bhutanese auto-correction word prediction
More from developer
** HOW TO USE **
1) You must have a Samsung device with FlipFont capability.
2) Go to Settings->Display->Font style
3) Select "MonlamBodyig" font
4) Test it is working by visiting http://lobsangmonlam.org
5) Install "MultiLing keyboard" from the Android market with Tibetan keyboard add-on
** TO USE THIS FONT, YOU MUST HAVE A SAMSUNG DEVICE **
In 2005, Monlam Lobsang invented Monlam Bod Yig Version 1, which although similar to the existing Tibetan fonts like TCRC Bod Yig, had the additional U-Mey script version. Many people from Tibet, especially those from his own hometown, Amdo Ngawa, used the font, giving him relevant feedback and suggestions to improve the font.
This font pack for FlipFont enabled devices, brings this Tibetan font to Android devices.
Learn more about Lobsang Monlam:
Learn more about Tibetan fonts here: http://digitaltibetan.org/index.php/Tibetan_Fonts
IT DOES NOT REQUIRE ROOT OR SPECIAL FONTS :)
Please use with other "Iron Rabbit" apps like BhoView, Monlam Dictionary, and YakChat.
The new layout uses the same QWERTY style as the iOS devices, as documented here:
tags: བོད་ 藏区 藏區 Zàngqū
Use with Tibetan Keyboard on Google Play or find more apps here:
View any Tibetan text or webpage by using the "Share Via" feature of other apps like Browser, Email or Messaging.
Keywords: Tibet, Tibetan, Bhutan, Buddhism, Buddhist, Bho, Tibetan Language, Font
tags: བོད་ 藏区 藏區 Zàngqū
YakChat replaces the default SMS app on your phone.
It let’s you send text messages in Tibetan, Chinese, English and many more.
It also has really fun, one of kind emoji.
★ FUN BUILT-IN: Check out the awesome Emoji!
★ SAFETY FIRST: All messages are protected so if your phone is lost or stolen, your messages will be safe.
★ PAY FOR WHAT YOU USE: No upfront costs, the only cost you pay is what your phone company charges for text messages.
★ AD-FREE: We want your love, not your money.
★ WE SPEAK YOUR LANGUAGE:
YakChat is available in English, Chinese, Tibetan, Swedish, Spanish, Slovenian, Romanian, Japanese, Portuguese, Norwegian, German and French.
★ WORKS ON ANY DEVICE:
Have an Android phone or tablet? Yakchat is built to work on any device in your hand. And it supports multiple keyboards, including Tibetan and Chinese.
Ever wanted a custom application to let you communicate with your friends? This SMS app is for you.
An SMS app that lets you chat with anyone, anywhere
You can send SMS just like you always did, but this time with better language support and fun icons
Better communication on any Android device
ལས་ཀ་ཁ་ཤས་འགྱུར་གྱི་ཁྲོད་བརླག་སྲིད། འོན་ཀྱང་། གཡག་འཕྲིན་བརླག་མི་སྲིད།
གཡག་འཕྲིན་གྱིས་ཁྱེད་ཀྱི་ཁ་པར་སྟེང་གི་གཏན་འཇགས་འཕྲིན་ཐུང་མ་ལག་དེ་བརྗེ་གི་ཡོད། དེ་ཡིས། ཁྱོད་ལ་བོད་ཡིག་དང་དབྱིན་ཡིག རྒྱ་ཡིག་སོགས་སྐད་ཡིག་མང་པོའི་ནང་དུ་འཕྲིན་ཐུང་གཏོང་གི་འཇུག ད་དུང་། གཡག་འཕྲིན་ལ་བོད་རང་གི་ཁྱད་ཆོས་ལྡན་པའི་རྟགས་རིས་ཀྱང་ཡོད།
སྔོན་ཚུན་ནས་ཅི་ཡང་སྤྲོད་མི་དགོས། སྤྲོད་དགོས་བ་དེ་ནི། ཁྱེད་ཀྱི་ཁ་པར་བཟོ་ཚོང་ཁང་གིས་འཕྲིན་ཐུང་ལ་རིན་ཅི་ཞིག་ཕབ་པ་དེར་ཡིན།
གཡག་འཕྲིན་ནི། བོད་ཡིག་དང་དབྱིན་ཡིག རྒྱ་ཡིག ཧྥ་ཡིག འཇར་པན་ཡི་གེ འཇར་མན་ཡི་གེ རོ་མན་ཡི་གེ སི་བས་རྡེའི་ཡི་གེ སི་པེན་ཡི་གེ སི་ལོ་བེས་ནེའི་ཡི་གེ ཕོར་ཆུའུ་རྒེས་ཡི་གེ ནོར་བེའི་ཡི་གེ་བཅས་ཚང་མའི་ཁོངས་སུ་བེད་སྤྱོད་གཏོང་ཐུབ།