This simple and effective Orton-Gillingham electronic card deck enhances understanding of over 80 common grapheme-phoneme correspondences that form the building blocks for reading and spelling. Each grapheme* card offers the multisensory experience of hearing the corresponding phoneme and key word, watching a video clip showing articulation of the phoneme, and the opportunity to practice the phoneme with a voice recording/playback option. Users can also practice the multiple spellings of phonemes with an Auditory Drill.
*grapheme = a single letter or string of letters that represents a specific phoneme (sound)
- Easy-to-navigate, multisensory flashcard approach for in-depth practice or quick review
- User-friendly interface with clean, modern graphics that appeal to children and adults
- Use with Orton-Gillingham based reading programs or in conjunction with any phonics-based curriculum
- Useful literacy tool for educators, university students in education-related fields, reading tutors, O-G practitioners, Speech-Language Pathologists, ESL learners, parents, and children
- Learn the logical sequence of multiple spellings for 21 graphically-represented phonemes
- Select one or more categories for each practice session, including consonants, single vowels, consonant digraphs, vowel teams, vowel + r, short vowel signals, VCe, and common suffixes.
- Toggle easily between controlled and random presentation of graphemes
- Record/playback feature allows users to hear their own pronunciations
- Use the app independently or supplement with a printed version of Mayerson Academy’s O-G Card Deck
- Enhance the multisensory experience by simultaneously tracing/stating each grapheme-phoneme correspondence in a nearby rice tray or on a textured surface