News & Info
- Top news stories
- Press releases
- Global Health News stories
- Harvard Public Health Review articles
- Public health news from across the web
- Our Twitter feed
- Videos from our YouTube channel
- Podcasts on a wide variety of topics
- Photos of the School and our international work
- Community message board
- Calendar of upcoming events
- Links to School resources on the web
- Optional push notifications for events and news
- Twitter and Facebook Connect for content sharing
- Information about HSPH and its public health mission
This app is powered by Mobile Roadie for the Harvard School of Public Health
English and French within the App !
This app may be used by both healthcare professionals and the public.
Numerous drugs have the ability to pass through the placental barrier to reach the fetus during pregnancy, potentially leading to toxicities. The same phenomenon occurs when a woman breast-feeds her child with drugs that pass from the mother’s blood into her milk.
You (or your wife, this app is not restricted to women !) are pregnant or breast-feeding your baby ? You have a headache, cramps, digestive disorders, or a medical prescription for any chronic disease and you wonder which drugs you can take and which you must not ? With this app, you will be able to know what to do, which drugs to take and which you must avoid because they may be toxic to your baby. After the welcome screen, simply touch “Check your drugs”, then type in the first letters of the drug, and you get direct information on whether it is OK for you to take the drug (“O”) or NO, you should not take it (N), depending on the trimester of pregnancy.
This app gathered informations on more than 1000 different drugs (scientific names) which corresponds to near than 5000 drugs (brand names) and has been developed by pharmacists and physicians on the basis of scientific and medical data retrieved from the international scientific literature.
Now an easy and convenient alarm application helps you take you medicine on time
[It automatically calculate the time for you to take medicine and inform you of the time]
Alarm after meal: When you set the alarm after meal, the application automatically calculate time and tell you the time to take medicine.
Regular alarm: You have only to set the alarm after taking the first dose. Then it will alarm you regularly.
It is possible to set multiple alarms
For more information, please visit http://www.twomtools.com
* When using the vibration function works with haptic vibration intensity.
Diet 4: The Harvard Diet.
Dr. Walter Willett, the head of the Department of Nutrition at Harvard, teams up with Mollie Katzen to write the book Eat, Drink, and Weigh Less. This book has been adopted by Harvard Medical School as their guide in the Obesity Program.
The Harvard Diet is a mobile app that guides you on which foods to eat, and explains why and how certain foods are good for you according to the principles in the book Eat, Drink, and Weigh Less.
This app provides you:
(1) A powerful Weight Tracker that lets you keep track of your weight, your meals, and your daily journal. The Weight Trackers helps you follow the Harvard Diet principles as closely as possible.
(2) Thousands of fresh diet articles, a unique feature that NO other diet apps have.
(3) A discussion forum, open 24 hours a day.
(4) A nutrition search for millions of food items.
(5) Body Mass Index (BMI) calculator.
(6) Estimated Energy Requirement (EER) calculator.
(7) A Food Planner, which can be used as a Food Tracker.
(8) And much, much more, such as food tips, exercise tips, social trends, etc.
The followings are covered for each drug:
• Dosage Range
• Memorable side effects
Also provided in the appendixes are QT prolongation causing drugs, CYP450 enzymes inhibitors and inducers, and contraindications for estrogen therapy.
Several emotional or psychological reasons may drive you into taking drugs. At times it is mere curiosity that propels you to develop drug addiction over time. Drug addiction refers to the compulsive use of psychoactive drugs to such a level at which the user of drugs has no other way out and continues to use it.
Though drugs addiction like opium have been common since historical times it is in recent times that the problem has been exacerbated significantly. This is mainly due to the cultivation of plants yielding drugs, advancements in biochemistry and improvements in means of getting access to drugs. The introduction of purified forms of active biological agents and the synthesis of new substances like methamphetamine has made drugs more widespread. Clinically, the word ‘addiction’ has been replaced by the word ‘dependency’ in relation to drugs.
It may be noted that not all persons are equally prone to addiction. Some persons are psychologically or genetically more predisposed to drug addiction. Again, some kinds of drugs get the better of some particular types of persons more easily. Similarly, the manner of treatment and method of recovery from addiction vary widely according to the types of drugs, amount of drugs, duration of drug addiction, medical complications and social necessities of the patient.
There is the 12-step program among the many recovery methods. Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous are prominent examples included herein. These are popularly used for a variety of addictions concerning the individual addicted and the family of the individual. Then there are the substance-abuse rehabilitation centers that frequently offer a residential treatment program for the seriously addicted and strive to isolate the drug addicts from other drug users and drug dealers.
The cognitive-behavior therapy, rational-emotive theory or other types of psychological behavior modification methods are employed in the treatment of drug addiction. Replacement drugs like methadone are also used. This methadone is in itself a drug but in order to reduce dependency on stronger drugs like opium it proves helpful. Acupuncture is also a treatment of choice that helps alleviate drug addiction symptoms.
Carrying out the suitable treatment from the various treatments available can bring about recovery from drug addiction. The object is to somehow bring about abstinence from the various addictive substances called drugs.
Download Drug Addiction apps now!
Our Mission: To give our customers the best health and wellness experience to look better, feel better and live better.
As a parent company and a strong supporter of Lawtons Drugs, Sobeys core values reflect the commitment and convictions that have helped shape the company over the past 100 years. Since our 1907 beginning as a small pharmacy in Newfoundland, Lawtons Drugs has portrayed integrity, commitment to its employees, and a desire to consistently exceed customer expectations in service, value and product selection. Lawtons Drugs has since grown to 80 locations in Atlantic Canada with plans to expand even further. Our pharmacy services complement customers’ prescriptions and help them manage their family’s medication and health care needs. Lawtons Drugs has a full line of home healthcare solutions, beauty, cosmetics, convenience and giftware products to suit everyone’s needs.
Our new app gives you access to…
• Prescription Refills
• Health Advice
• Flyers and Savings
• Bonus Offers
and shows the prescriptions to be taken when the alarm occurs.
Times are entered in 24HR time format i.e. 13:00 would be
Times may be entered on new prescriptions either with a single
entered time, or with 1 - 4 checkboxes for morning, noon, evening and bedtime, which default to 08:00, 12:00, 16:00, and
20:00. These may be changed with the preferences menu.
You may also enter a preference for a sound file on SD card
which will be played when the alarm sounds.
ZibdyHealth allows you to:
• Build a medication list by simply scanning in UPC or EAN barcodes. The scan feature works with over 450, 000 prescribed medications, over-the-counter drugs, vitamins, and supplements from around the globe
• Receive medication reminders by the alert that works for you:
- Phone alarm
- Text message
- Phone call
• Track medications for yourself and anyone else you care for
• Track children’s vaccinations against a stored checklist
• Be alerted to possible drug interactions or the potential for overdose
• Build a family medical history so that the whole family network can benefit
- Each member can control the information they share
- Shared information to medications effectiveness or reactions
• Password protect your data so you can keep your information private
• Store data securely, using 256-bit AES encryption - the same level of security used by the U.S. government.
• Store medication history, conditions and other medical information so you can access and share the information with your medical team when you need to
• Store and edit your doctor and insurance contacts in one place. An easy way to remember every doctor you have ever seen.
• Ability to create a sub-account for minor and makes it a primary account via “convert” function. This will transfer all the data from sub-account to new primary account. It is important function as kids turn 18 and may need their private account.
Any questions or issues? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re here to help and resolve any issues.
You can access ZibdyHealth from any computer or iOS, Android, and BlackBerry mobile platforms
Once you create Date Of Birth and Name of your Baby it will create a complete chart with tentative Vaccination Schedule Dates.
You can create profile of your babies individually and track their immunization calender.
Baby's immunization record has been maintained by changing the background color of a vaccine.
Notification alert will be raised on the tentative scheduled date of Vaccination.
We have referred "Immunization Handbook for Medical Officers" published by Department of Health and Family Welfare and WHO Recommendations to mention details about the Vaccination.
Future Upgrade :
i) Backup of Baby Profile on Server, to get the same content if you change the device or lose the application accidentally.
ii) Maintain Baby's information like weight,height etc.
iii) Baby Growth Chart
Disclaimer - All the information about Vaccination has been mentioned in the Application are informative purpose only. Consult with your Doctor about what and when Vaccinations need to be done for your baby.
Child vaccination is a disease prevention activity aiming at reducing illness, disability and mortality from childhood diseases preventable by immunization. These diseases are referred as 8 EPI target diseases and cause millions of ailments, disabilities & deaths each year.
• Neonatal Tetanus
• Pertussis (Whooping Cough)
• Hib Pneumonia & Meningitis
• Childhood Tuberculosis
The overall objective of the app is reduction of mortality and morbidity from the eight EPI diseases by offering awareness regarding immunization.
- Remind you about vaccination .
- Save your children life.
- Social welfare awareness through this app.
- Healthy babies becomes the healthy society when thy grow up.
[mainly targeting the Countries India, US and UK....We made available this application to other countries in short..]
when we enter the child details (child name and date of birth).It automatically creates that particular child's schedule.
we can save vaccination completed date and particular vaccine notes.
Editable options have been provided to users.
Baby's immunisation record has been maintained by changing the background color of a vaccine.
Coming versions :
In coming versions we made this available to more Countries..along with these
i)Remainder as alarm...
ii)Maintain Baby's information like weight,height etc..
iii)Particular vaccination dates and doctors advices, vaccination information details.