• Compatible Global Positioning Software ¹
• Google Account
• Google My Maps (https://www.google.com/maps/d/) Experience
¹ Viewpoints software is compatible with the following mobile based GPS software:
Sygic GPS Navigation
MapFactor: GPS Navigation
GPS Navigation BE-ON-ROAD
PAPAGO! Mobile S1(Taiwan)
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
THERE ARE TWO WAYS TO USE VIEWPOINTS SOFTWARE WITH YOUR ANDROID GPS
A: PRELOAD MAP POINTS IN MY MAPS AND DOWNLOAD INTO YOUR ANDROID DEVICE GPS WITH VIEWPOINTS.
1. Go to: https://www.google.com/maps/d/ and LOG IN with your Google email and password.
(If you do not have a Google account , you must create one.)
2. In Google My Maps, create a New Map or Open a Map.
3. Save your Map Points (locations) on Google Maps.
4. Open VIEWPOINTS and DOWNLOAD Locations from MY MAPS to your GPS ”FAVORITES”.
5. Your map data is now accessible in your GPS Favorites.
B: LOAD MAP POINTS FROM YOUR ANDROID DEVICE GPS AND UPLOAD TO MY MAPS WITH VIEWPOINTS.
1. Open VIEWPOINTS on your Android device.
2. UPLOAD your GPS Favorites to your MY MAPS. A new Google map is created.
3. Access your exported GPS locations at https://www.google.com/maps/d/
Note: Beginning with Android 4.4.2, Apps will not have permission to read SD card data. For best results, store map data on internal memory; not on SD card.
Version 1.0 features
Upcoming version features
- editing feature to add and remove current sites
- editing feature to add and remove number of menu item list
- editing feature to modify name in menu item list
- Create new Google maps
- Upload photo to Picasa and include thumbnail link with Google Maps point.
- Widget showing current progress
- Offline mode: Save locations with photos and upload when you get home.
- Works asynchronously so you don't have to keep the app open while waiting for a GPS location
- When online you can automatically insert address lines based on GPS data
- Images uploaded to Picasa will also be available via Google+
*Uploading photos requires a free Google Picasa account.
*Requires access to Google accounts to upload points to Google Maps and Picasa accounts to upload photos.