This widget looks just like a shortcut. When clicked, it opens the maps application with the an address you entered or pulled from your contacts.
The maps application automatically receives the address and shows you the location. If you use Google Maps, you can click on "Get Directions" to start your trip easily and quickly. Now you no longer don't have to waste time on finding and typing addresses in the navigator.
This is a widget, so there is no icon in the app drawer. Depends on the launcher, you can usually bring up the widget list by touching and holding on an empty space.
Contacts access permission is required for getting addresses from contacts.
- Create new Google maps
- Upload photo to Picasa and include thumbnail link with Google Maps point.
- Widget showing current progress
- Offline mode: Save locations with photos and upload when you get home.
- Works asynchronously so you don't have to keep the app open while waiting for a GPS location
- When online you can automatically insert address lines based on GPS data
- Images uploaded to Picasa will also be available via Google+
*Uploading photos requires a free Google Picasa account.
*Requires access to Google accounts to upload points to Google Maps and Picasa accounts to upload photos.