Available for 2013-2016 included.
The calendar also has a search function!
For improvements and proposals, please contact me at:
- You have to type in the same sequence as you write it on paper. Anyone who has written malayalam can use this application in under one minute.
- You can make the malayalam text posted in Twitter, Facebook, Email.
Additionally dictionary, custom words and autocompletion will be available in coming weeks.
An offline Malayalam Transliteration App using Mozhi scheme. You can also copy/paste Malayalam unicode text to the input control to convert square characters to Malayalam if your device doesn't have Malayalam font.
New in v1.6+
You can now use this app as a direct input method (keyboard)
Step 1. Enable keyboard from Home -> Settings -> Language & keyboard -> Varamozhi Transliteration
Step 2. Long press on any input box, touch Input method and select Varamozhi Transliteration
Step 3. As you type, you can see transliterated Malayalam text on top of the keyboard.
Step 4. Touch Malayalam text to replace Manglish text in the input box (You might see only squares if you don't have Malayalam font or text without complex layout, but target device will show text correctly if it supports complex layout and font)
Step 5. Touch again to replace Malayalam with Manglish in the input box
Mozhi - Overview: https://sites.google.com/site/cibu/mozhi
Note: When you copy or share Malayalam text to other apps, it might look as square characters if you don't have unicode font in your device. But it will show correctly if the target device/app has the unicode font. You can test it by sending a sample text from the app to your email and view email on desktop.
All credit goes to Varamozhi Team for making such a great tool.
Please visit varamozhi.sourceforge.net for more details.
Once you have typed you can share it via Twitter, Email and other supporting apps. You also can copy and paste it into any apps of your choice.
Keymap and live keymap support provided.
NOTE: Disable auto suggest/predictive text in keyboard setting to get accurate conversion.
1) Allows to type the entire Malayalam character set from one layout by single tap with out navigate back and forth through different pages.
2) Also includes qwerty and number-symbol keypad.
3) Malayalam character keys are arranged in alphabetical order.
4) Suitable for small and large displays with any resolution in portrait or in landscape mode.
5) Easily input koottaksharam with single tap using the scrollable koottaksharam list shown above the keyboard.
6) Word prediction feature(List should be manually created during typing-feature no.5 will disabled if it enabled).
7) Can also be used in devices with android version which did not support proper Malayalam rendering, for sending Unicode Malayalam text via sms or email.
8) Keyboard with full Symbol pad key customization.
9)Malayalam spell checker with vibration and sound alert.
1) Key in light blue colour(Second last row) are for selection only (Eg: light blue key 'അ' is for selecting അ to ഐ - will displayed in third row of keypad- light blue ക for displaying ക to ഞ in third row and so on)
2) Use 'ABC' key to launch the qwerty keypad.
3) Use '123' key to get the number and symbol keys.
4) For setting Android Malayalam Keyboard as your default keyboard- Open Settings-> Language and input ->Select Android Malayalam Keyboard as your default keyboard.
5) For adding new word(maximum character limit 50) to prediction database just tap on the specified word(first word in the list) displayed above the keypad.
6) Use the keyboard key(bottom left) to close the keypad or Long press on it to change default input method.
Enter characters in unicode encoding format.
1)For writing കോ [ko] use this order ക +ോ , for writing കൈ= ക+ൈ
2)For writing koottaksharam use chandrakkala for joining characters. Eg : ക്ഷ = ക+്+ഷ
3)While using 'ra' symbol (eg: പ്ര (pra) ) use it after typing the letter for correct rendering.
Send feedback and suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org
All the alphabets are given in three tabs namely sware, kootta and chillu. When we usually type in malayalam we find difficulty in typing “Koottaksharangal” since you should exactly know the combination of letters to obtain a “Kootaksharam”, To avoid this problem the most difficult “Koottakshrangal” is given in a separate tab. The vowel signs are given in floating groups so that it can be reached throughout. Other letter groups are scrollable. When we type letter like “ka” in any Malayalam font by default it will print “kvu”. As an experiment this is set it to the same letter in this application, so you may type just like you write Malayalam. For obtaining a "Koottaksharam" type "Chandrakala" between two letters.
Please note that This application works only in Android Versions starting from Honeycomb(3.2)
To share the text in to Facebook, copy it, click share and select Facebook, paste in to the timeline (If Malayalam Font is not installed in your device you will see the cursor blink after some gap without any text) just click share. Now Everybody will be able to see your post even though you may not.
Option to share or copy paste text to facebook,email,SMS,Twitter etc. is available
Even though you can type Malayalam as the font is packed with this application file, If you share or copy paste to another application, unless Malayalam font is installed in your device, the text will shows as blocks only. But you can sent it via email since receiver can read it in a computer.
For installing the Malayalam Font in your device (Galaxy Phones) do the following,
1. Go to your Settings > Applications > and make sure that Unknown Sources is checked. Checking Unknown Sources allows you to install Android Applications from sources other than Google Play.
2. Download The Malayalam Font Named "Anjaly old Lipi" by clicking the link belowbelow
4. After installing "Anjali" Font, go to Settings > Display > Font Style and select "Anjali Old Lipi" as your display font.
If this does not work, you have to root your phone.(Not recommended if your phone is in warranty period as warrant will void) to do rooting see the Youtube video available in this page.
If you like this application please give a good rating and share it with friends in facebook. Click the link below.Thank You.
More from developer
Thomas from India