Important: MythTV 0.25 is required, as it uses the new Services API.
* Easy to configure, can auto discover mythtv backend.
* Can configure multiple backends (e.g. to access via ssh tunnel).
* Recordings are shown in a list, grouped by name and recording group.
* Recording details and preview are shown when a recording is selected.
* Multiple transcoding profiles (Low, Medium & High quality).
1) An external video player is currently required to play the transcoded video streams. I currently recommend vplayer or diceplayer from the Play store. The player that I used to recommend (bsplayer) no longer works.
See my blog for some in-depth testing on video players:
Big thanks to those who've contacted me and helped out with testing and debugging! I'd appreciate it if anyone who has problems contacts me, before giving the app a 1 star rating. It's impossible for me to test every combination of phone/Android version/MythTV setup.
* Fixed crash due to running out of memory with large lists of recordings
* Improved support for IPv6
* Improved error messages to give more details on why backend connections have failed
* Fixed a crash when backend doesn't respond as expected
* Added more details in error messages (backend name, ip and port)
* Tidied up backend preferences screen, so you can't enter multi-line name/ip addresses any more
Note: Most of the errors I see reported now are errors connecting to the backend. Hopefully the changes above will help people to diagnose what's wrong.
* A few bug fixes for Android 2.2 and 4
* Backend discovery should now be more reliable
* Added extra wifi permission for backend discovery on Android 4
* No longer compatible with Android 1.5 for a number of reasons
* Added option to keep or delete transcoded stream after viewing (it can be useful to keep the stream if you're going to continue watching the recording later).
* Added automatic backend discovery. Just use the "Find" button in the Backend Preferences screen
* Added input checking to backend preferences. Some people had added spaces etc. to the IP address which stopped it connecting to the backend.
* Other minor bug fixes.
You will need a working MythTV backend configured to allow remote frontends. See http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mythfrontend for more information regarding configuration.
For best result you will also need an installed application on your phone that can play video/mpeg. MythFrontend has a experimental internal player with native ffmpeg decoding but if not activated MythFrontend will ask your Android system to play it.
The app won't be updated anymore if no major issues are found that needs to be fixed. This is due to two major reasons;
1. There is now a official MythTV Frontend for Android
2. Due to lack of DVB-S tuner card I don't currently use MythTV
If someone wants to develop it further please contact me. I could opensource it if there is enough interrest.
NOTE: You MUST have a functional MythTV setup and mythfrontend network remote control enabled.
* Manage multiple frontends
* Basic navigation and media control
* Keyboard input passthrough to frontend
* Customizable Keybindings
* Supports small and large screen devices
For more information about MythTV, please visit the following website www.mythtv.org.
* IMPORTANT *
To control a mythfrontend from the remote control of mythfrontend, it is necessary that the network remote control interface is enabled (communication port on 6546), which is not by default.
To enable network remote control interface: go to the mythfrontend -> select "Setup" -> "General" -> and on "Remote Control" page, check "Enable Network Remote Control Interface".
- Android 5.0 Lollipop compatibility
- multi-core (dual and quad-core) HW decoding support - significantly improves playback speed
- background playback in popup window (long tap on button Back to playback video and audio in popup video)
- hardware accelerated video playback - increases speed and reduces battery consumption*
- Support for almost all media files (video and audio player), such as: avi, divx, flv, mkv, mov, mpg, mts, mp4, m4v, rmvb, wmv, 3gp, mp3, flac... and streaming content such as RTMP, RTSP, MMS (tcp, http), HTTP Live stream, HTTP.
- Multiple audio streams and subtitles.
- Playlist support and various playback modes.
- External and embedded subtitles ssa/ass, srt, sub. txt...
- Find subtitles automatically (mobile data or wi-fi must be enabled to work)
- Playback media files such as videos and mp3's directly via Wi-Fi from your network shared drives/folders (such as external USB drives, Samba (SMB/CIFS) shared drives, PC shared folders, NAS servers (Synology and others)) - no need to convert video files and copy media files to SD card anymore!
- Playback files directly from uncompressed RAR files
- Lock screen to prevent accidental change of videos (children lock)
- support for USB OTG (On-The-Go) for example: Nexus media importer, USB OTG Helper, USB Host Controller... and much more!
This package includes support for ARMv7 with VFP and NEON. For other CPU types please download appropriate package. Application will notify you which package you need.
BSPlayer FREE version is ad-supported video player. BSPlayer full version without advertisements with added functionality is available on Google Play.
NOTE: When reporting error please add info about your smartphone brand and model. Also you can send us more detailed bug report on e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. We are trying to improve the player for the users and your feedback is appreciated.
This software uses code of FFmpeg licensed under the LGPLv2.1 and its source can be downloaded from BSPlayer website.
Dedicated forum can be found here: http://forum.bsplayer.com/bsplayer-android/.
*Hardware acceleration support depends on device video decoder capability. Hardware accelerated playback in portrait mode may be corrupted on some HTC models (HD and others - hardware issue). Also on some devices (Samsung galaxy S2) zoom/stretch may not work on all video types.
Translations and corrections of the translations can now be submitted here: http://crowdin.net/project/bsplayer-android!
Don't forget to vote 5 stars if you like it and if you don't - let us know why! :)
Tags: video player, media player, movie player, m2ts player, mts player, avc player, mp3 player, avi player, mkv player, mov player, flv player, subtitle player, free player...
Screenshots taken from following movies under Creative Commons license:
Sintel - © copyright Blender Foundation | durian.blender.org
Tears of Steel - (CC) Blender Foundation | mango.blender.org
Experience your videos like never before with KMPlayer
Movies, TV Shows, Animations, Homemade & Mobile Phone Videos, and video file, watch them in the highest quality with maximum control
KMPlayer supports HD videos and 30 languages; there is a KMPlayer for everyone!
KMPlayer is optimized for subtitles control, video playback speed, favorite playlist, and much more.
KMPlayer is built for today’s smart phone users. All for free!
Floating Screen: Multi-tasking- continue watching your video while sending a text or browsing the web
Subtitle Support: Supports all subtitle formats with total sync control
Playback Support: Slow down or Speed up any video. (Reduce speed 0.1~4.0 Increase speed)
One Finger Control: Total control at the tip of your finger- Playback, Start/Stop, Skip, Volume, and Brightness
Favorite: Organize all your favorite videos in your Favorite folder
Cloud Storage: Google Drive supported, play all of your videos stored on Drive quickly and easily
Review Us, Rate Us, Comment on Us!
Got an idea? What a change?
We would love to hear what you think! Email us @ email@example.com
Video Player for Android is currently the easiest-to-use video player on the market. Its intelligent detection adaptive algorithm makes it more convenient for you to enjoy smoother, better quality videos.
It supports all popular video formats, including AVI, 3GP, M4V, MOV, MP4, WMV, RMVB, MKV, TS, MPG, FLV, etc. It uses hardware decoding, which make video play smoother. It can automatically detect videos in the phone memory and SD Card, allowing you to quickly locate and play the video.
As a media player, Video Player for Android can not only play high-definition videos, movies and flash files, but also play music. So Video Player for Android can be used as a music player as well.
Video Player for Android is the essential software of android mobile phone. It is definitely your best partner when enjoying the movie!
1 automatic identifiy all mobile phone video files
2 supports all video and audio playback formats
3 supports multiple subtitle formats, automatic synchronization
4 using hardware decoding, take advantage of hardware acceleration
5 small memory, simple operation, quick start, smooth playback support
There are hundreds kinds of Android phones/tablets in the world. We are always doing our best to make this app working better and easier on every device. But it is really very very hard job... So if you find any issues, please send email to us instead of useless comments or rating, we will try our best to help you!
* If you have no speed control bar , change "Settings->Select Player" for your file extensions to "Default".
HW Accelerated Video Player with Playback speed control and Network support.
* POP-UP Play
* Network Support : Windows Share / FTP / HTTP / WebDAV
* Multiple audio track
* Multiple subtitle track : external sub also suppoted.
* HW Accelerations : no limitations like a network , containers.
Playback speed control
- up to x2.0 ( on HW )
- audio pitch correction support
- SSA,SMI,SRT, VoBSub (beta)
- MKV/MP4 embedded subtitle supported
- Unicode/Multibyte charset supported.
- HTTP Live Streaming
- Windows Share(SMB)
* Allwinner based devices
* Amlogic based devices
* Rockchip based devices
=> Use Stock player options on "Settings" menu
* ST-Erricson NovaThor ( U8500 / U9500 )
=> Need ICS update
* Video capability depends on your devices HW video decodes' capability.
- Email address has been changed. If you have questions or suggestions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
MX Player - The best way to enjoy your movies.
a) HARDWARE ACCELERATION - Hardware acceleration can be applied to more videos with the help of new H/W decoder.
b) MULTI-CORE DECODING - MX Player is the first Android video player which supports multi-core decoding. Test result proved that dual-core device’s performance is up to 70% better than single-core devices.
c) PINCH TO ZOOM, ZOOM AND PAN - Easily zoom in and out by pinching and swiping across the screen. Zoom and Pan is also available by option.
d) SUBTITLE GESTURES - Scroll forward/backward to move to next/previous text, Up/down to move text up and down, Zoom in/out to change text size.
e) KIDS LOCK - Keep your kids entertained without having to worry that they can make calls or touch other apps. (plugin required)
- DVD, DVB, SSA/ASS Subtitle tracks.
- SubStation Alpha(.ssa/.ass) with full styling.
- SAMI(.smi) with ruby tag support.
If you can't buy from Google Play, please check our home page. We support more payment methods. (https://sites.google.com/site/mxvpen/buy)
About "Draw over other apps" permission: This permission is required to block system buttons when input blocking is activated on the playback screen.
If you are facing "package file is invalid" error, please install it again from product home page (https://sites.google.com/site/mxvpen/download)
If you have any questions, please visit XDA MX Player forum.
Some of the screens are from the Elephants Dreams licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 2.5.
(c) copyright 2006, Blender Foundation / Netherlands Media Art Institute / www.elephantsdream.org
Some of the screens are from the Big Buck Bunny licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported.
(c) copyright 2008, Blender Foundation / www.bigbuckbunny.org
█ The Best Free Android Video Player even you don’t want the floating popup features.
█ How to play YouTube video in floating window by GPlayer ?
█ Why do you choose the software as your media player ?
☆ Multiple-Window & Floating Pop-up Technique; You can play the video in anywhere, for multiple windows.
☆ Simple & Customize Theme Style System; You can make your own theme in a easy way.
☆ Easy Operation and User Interface; View your media in list, grid, and 3D Gallery mode, play the video with simple gesture to adjust. You can also use the widgets to play the video from the launcher.
☆ Wide Video Format Support; You can play almost all types of the media files with software decoder with subtitle files, like the rmvb, wmv, …etc. It also support to play the YouTube (HTML5) and URL.
☆ Group Media Sharing; You can share the media with your friends in a high speed wireless channel without any configuration.
☆ Personalize List; You can mark the selected media with favorite or privacy, it only shows in the mirror list.
☆ Performance and Reliability Improve; Better performance in the loading and playing. For the large amount of video files, its loading time is more fast compared to the others video player.
☆ 100% NO AD
The GPlayer is the "Super Video Player (Floating!)" improved version, it is an innovation video playback software for Android OS. It can re-size, move window, multi-windows play-back with Group Media Sharing feature. Better operation experience, support subtitle and popup video technique. In other words, you can watch your video content in any application. You can watch the video and do something else at the same time!
The floating system make you can move the video window position and resize the window boundary according to your personal favor. You can also play with full screen or minimize the playing video to the system notification tray . If your device is strong enough, you can also play the video with "Multi-Window"(Maximum is 6). It means you can watch up to six video files at the same time.
The "GPlayer" is not just a popup video player or sticky video player, it has a friendly and simply user interface with List style, Grid style and 3D Gallery Flow style. You can customize the theme as your wish.
It can record the playback position of the file and set the favorite files. Moreover, it supports the subtitle (.srt, .ass, and .smi file formats) when you play a video file. it also can play the audio files (mp3, wav...etc).
Group Media Sharing allows the devices with the same network mask to share the media files. In other words, you can share the media contents with your friends in the same Wi-Fi environment (Wi-Fi Access Point). You can also try the "Sync Play" feature, it is very funny.
The "GPlayer" supports from Android 1.5 ~ 4.2 with any screen size and resolution. It will integrate the build-in media Gallery for media source, you can input the video streaming URL or launch the "GPlayer" from others File Explorer..
█ How to use the application ?
Please read the help in the “menu” -> “Settings” -> “User Manual” in the software.
█ Free Edition
The software is a free edition; some features are only available in Professional edition. If you like the software, you can buy the Professional edition license via Google Play in-app purchase to support our development.
█ THANKS TO
Korea translation, thanks and credit to 신윤빈,HyeongMin Woo.
Hebrew translation, thanks and credit to DorS.
Russian translation, thanks and credit to Сергей Константинович.
Super Video, GPlayer, Video Player, Popup Video, Stick, Floating, Stick it, Subtitle, Vitamio, Group Media Sharing, Wi-Fi Media Sharing, UPnP, MKV
Just install once and you can experience Naver’s variety of videos on its media player without installing additional players.
You will surely experience more optimized and stable service than Android’s built-in player.
※ If you don’t want to install the app, select ‘Regular Resolution’ on web page to view the videos with built-in player.
★Provide various HD videos
1) Live sports broadcast : pro-baseball/ major league/ EPL, LOL/Starcraft and etc.
2) TV Cast Video: provide popular videos including music video & highlights replay
3) Variety of special LIVE : music live, news live, TV cast live
4) View video uploaded to Ndrive on a real-time without downloading!
5) Expected to support HD view for Juniver, movies, Naver Cast and news.
Support volume control, display brightness, expand/minimize video & seeking gestures.
[Things to note during use]
1) Browser exceptions: It might not function normally on Dolphin and Ninesky.
2) It does not support a function for playing video files in mobile devices.
3) We will provide useful functions (popup play and speed control) through continues updates.
Please contact the NAVER Customer Center (https://m.help.naver.com/support/service/main.nhn?serviceNo=5607) for answers to questions you may have about the app or to resolve any problems experienced during app use.
Thank you for your support on Naver services and we will make our best efforts to come back to you with better services.
This is the port of VLC media player to the Android™ platform. VLC for Android can play most video and audio files, as well as network streams and DVD ISOs, like the desktop version of VLC.
VLC for Android is also a full audio player, with a complete database, an equalizer and filters, playing all weird audio formats.
VLC is intended for everyone, is totally free, has no ads, no in-app-purchases, no spying and is developed by passionate volunteers. All the source code is available for free.
VLC for Android™ plays most local video and audio files, as well as network streams (including adaptive streaming), DVD ISOs, like the desktop version of VLC.
All formats are supported, including MKV, MP4, AVI, MOV, Ogg, FLAC, TS, M2TS, Wv and AAC. All codecs are included with no separate downloads.
VLC for Android has a media library for audio and video files, and allows to browse folders directly.
VLC has support for multi-track audio and subtitles. It supports auto-rotation, aspect-ratio adjustments and gestures to control volume, brightness and seeking.
It also includes a widget for audio control, supports audio headsets control, cover art and a complete audio media library.
This version is for all devices except ARMv6 devices. They will be supported in a future release.
VLC for Android needs access to :
• "Device & app History" to be able to read logs, to help understand crashes and issues, so we can improve VLC.
• "Photos/Media/Files" to read your all media files :)
• "Device ID & call information" in order to pause music/video during incoming and outgoing phone calls.
• "Other" to check network connections and hide the streaming parts when needed.
Permission Details :
• It needs "read phone status an identity", in order to pause music during outgoing and incoming calls.
• It needs "read the contents of your USB storage", in to order to read your media files on it.
• It needs "modify or delete the contents of your USB storage", in order to allow deletion of files.
• It needs "full network access", to open network and internet streams.
• It needs "control vibration", in order to provide UI feedback when seeking in the video and audio players.
• It needs "prevent phone from sleeping" in order to prevent... your phone from sleeping when watching a video.
• It needs "change your audio settings", in order to change audio volume.
• It needs "modify system settings", in order to allow you to change your audio ringtone.
• It needs "view network connections" in order to monitor whether device is connected or not, to hide the streaming parts.
- For Android TV app only:
• It needs "record audio " for audio search using your microphone.
• It needs "to receive the ACTION_BOOT_COMPLETED that is broadcast after the system finishes booting" to set recommendations on Android TV launcher screen.