WordBuilder Intervention is a research-based, free application used to teach adolescent struggling readers how to break down, build, and spell multisyllabic words. WordBuilder Intervention is a truly unique and valuable instructional tool that teachers and parents will find effective for grades 6-12.
WordBuilder Intervention was created to be used by teachers during direct instruction. It is designed to be used within a small group, or for one-on-one instruction. Please watch the instructional videos on the WordBuilder Intervention website to learn more.
Save up to 50 student accounts on 1 device. Download for free today!
Developed by a team of experts
• Created by California State University, Northridge for the Literate Adolescents Intervention Project.
• Designed by digiCOACH, Inc.
• Produced under the California Adolescent Literacy Initiative at Napa County Office of Education in collaboration with the California Department of Education, Special Education Division through a State Personnel Development Grant (Award #H323A170011) from the U.S. Department of Education, Office of Special Education Programs.
Motivation embedded in the application
• Students earn coins for mastering multisyllabic words
• Challenging words allow older students to practice phonics skills at an appropriate level
• Many words are taken from the Academic Word List (AWL)
• Sentences in more advanced units excerpted from national newspapers
A year’s worth of practice in one application!
• 540 multisyllabic words and sentences
• A systematic scope and sequence
• Free instructional program with videos and “how to” tips available at www.wordbuilderapp.com.