Software use Cockcroft-Gault (for GFR) and the DuBois formula (for BSA) to show value in mL/min/1.73m2. It be recommend by NKF's KDOQI clinical practice guidelines to estimate GFR.
Esta aplicación le permitirá realizar cálculos de la GFR a través de la ecuación CKD-EPI de una forma sencilla, rápida e intuitiva. Una vez realizados los cálculos, usted podrá enviarse un breve informe a una cuenta de correo electrónico. Además podrá consultar la publicación científica donde se explica el racional para el desarrollo de la fórmula CKD-EPI.
This is an free application for all medical personal followed by the Pediatriconcall page relating to http://www.pediatriconcall.com/fordoctor/pedcalc/calcmain.aspx
Calculators included are categorized as follows:
» Head Circumference
» Predict Height
» Mid Parental Height
» Body Surface Area (BSA)
» Body Mass Index (BMI)
» Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR)
» Conversion of Temperature Celsius to Fahrenheit
» Conversion of Weight From Pound to Kg
» Conversion of cm to inches
» Serum Osmolality
» Bicarbonate & Base Excess
» Fractional Excretion Of Sodium
» Creatinine Clearance
» Creatinine Clearance (Schwartz Formula)
» Normal Values Of GFR
» Anion Gap Calculator
» APGAR Score
» Ovulation Date Calculator
» Pregnancy Due Date Calculator
» Conception Date Calculator
Blood Pressure Calculator
» Blood Pressure Calculator
Blood Group Detection
» Find Your Blood Group
» Alveolar arterial Gradient (A-a gradient)
» ET Size
» Normal Respiratory Rate
» Predicted Mean Peak Respiratory Flow Rates
» Corrected QTc Calculator
» Sodium Deficit in Hyponatremia Calculator
» Burns Fluid Requirement Calculator
Drug Dose Calculators
» Emergency Drug Formula
Diarrhea Solution Calculators
» Diarrhea Solution
» IV Rates Calculator
Blood Reference Values
» WBC Count
» Coagulation Profile
» Blood Indices
» Immunoglobulin IgG Subclass Levels
» Immunoglobulin Reference Values
» Serum Complement Reference Values
» Lymphocyte Reference Values
» Corrected CSF WBC Count for RBC`s Calculator
» Corrected Reticulocyte Count Calculator
Endocrine and Antibody Tests
» Thyroid Function Test
» Antibodies & Their Associated Diseases
» Drugs Interaction Calculator
*Supports API levels 8 & above (Android 2.2 and above)
TAGS: Pediatrics, child health care, drug index, vaccine reminder, children health, medical calculators, pediatriconcall.
Essential tools in General Practice, Internal Medicine, Cardiology, Surgery, Obstetrics, Nephrology, Hematology, Orthopedics, Pediatrics, Gastroenterology, Neurology, Neurosurgery, Respirology, and more.
"We recommend medical users try the free Calculate by QxMD first..."
-from iMedicalApps review "The best free Medical Calculator apps for the iPhone"
'Calculate' is focused on highlighting tools which are actually useful in clinical practice and serve to impact diagnosis, treatment or determining prognosis.
Helping you make decisions, not just calculate numbers...
• Developed by a collaboration of clinician experts from diverse backgrounds
• Converts recent research publications into practical handheld tools - knowledge translation at its best
• Automatically adapts to your self-described clinical practice
• Unique ‘Question Flow’ technology gets you answers, fast
• Detailed references with Pubmed integration
• Comprehensive and insightful results
• Elegant design and intuitive interface
• SI and Conventional units
More than 150 Unique calculators and Decision Support tools
While too extensive to list them all, here is a small sampling of included content:
Reduce and predict perioperative complications
• WHO Surgical Safety Checklist
• Predictive models for cardiac surgery and coronary angiography
• Determine cardiovascular risk and guide lipid treatment using the Framingham and Reynolds Risk Scores
• Use the CHADS2 score to guide treatment in atrial fibrillation
• Better understand the risk of bleeding from anticoagulation in atrial fibrillation
• ACS using the TIMI risk score
• Burns with rule of 9s and Parkland formula
• Hypernatremia (calculate water deficit)
• Heart failure
• Myelodysplastic Syndrome
• Chemotherapy based on Body Surface Area
• Carboplatin based on AUC
• tPA in acute stroke
• Phenytoin in renal failure and hypoalbuminemia
• Ideal body weight, BMI and BSA
• Due date and gestational age
• Extensive formula used in echocardiogropathy and invasive hemodynamic monitoring
• Kt/V in dialysis patients
• eGFR with CKD-Epi, Cockcroft-Gault, and MDRD
• A-a gradient
• Angina (CCS)
• Congestive heart failure (NYHA)
• Head, neck, ankle and knee injuries
• DVT and PE
• Pulmonary nodules
• Lung cancer
• Renal cell carcinoma
• TTKG (transtubular potassium gradient) in hypokalemia and hyperkalemia
• Heparin Induced Thrombocytopenia
• Infective Endocarditis
• Autoimmune Hepatitis
And much more...
Want Read for Android? Vote now: http://readforandroid.qxmd.com
Founded my medical professionals, QxMD is dedicated to creating high quality, point-of-care tools for practicing health care professionals. Recognized as a leading developer of free medical software for mobile devices, QxMD develops content in cooperation with expert physicians from their respective fields.
The results of these tests are important in assessing the excretory function of the kidneys. For example, grading of chronic renal insufficiency and dosage of drugs that are excreted primarily via urine are based on GFR (or creatinine clearance).
It is commonly believed to be the amount of liquid filtered out of the blood that gets processed by the kidneys. In physiological terms, these quantities (volumetric blood flow and mass removal) are related only loosely.
A commonly used surrogate marker for estimate of creatinine clearance is the Cockcroft-Gault formula, which in turn estimates GFR in ml/min: It is named after the scientists who first published the formula, and it employs serum creatinine measurements and a patient's weight to predict the creatinine clearance.
- Special input methods to boost the speed of entering data which is patented by My Pharmacist House
- Allow speed correction of mistake (as the faster the speed the more tendency to make mistake, this allow rapid correction of mistake)
- Using the cockcroft-gault formula as the main and able to convert it to MDRD formula with some asumption
- Provide the staging of CKD according to the result calculated
- Recording feature incase you forget the previous count
- Select the new patient or calculate the renal function of same patient within 3 seconds
Respect to other similar applications, this one allows a MORE EASY and QUICK introduction of data, by a single screen and buttons sensible to "click" or "long-click"...
You need just one touch to shift from Cockcroft-Gault to MDRD method.
Just another touch to shift from mg/dL to micromoli/L for Creatinine values.
We accept any comment or suggestion: you can write to: firstname.lastname@example.org
*******NEW UPDATED AND OPTIMIZED VERSION*******
****Added 15 Scores and expanded the ASCVD Risk assessment (2013 ACC/AHA)****
MediCalc® is the best and most comprehensive "Medical Calculator System™" in the world. It performs automatic computation of more than 300 hundred clinical formulas, equations & scores "commonly used" in medical practice.
MediCalc® features the innovative MULTICALX™ Master panels for combined calculations, they assure convenience and accuracy. It also includes valuable "point of care information".
MediCalc® facilitates the organization and processing of Patient's data.
It is a physician-friendly™ app, intuitive and very easy to use.
Available ONLINE (free access & Print options).
+Unique reference, productivity and decision support tool.
+Trusted resource with proven and reliable data processing.
+For physicians, residents, med students, PAs and NPs...
+Developed by Board-certified physicians in the US.
+Highly acclaimed, reviewed and tested (since 1996).
The MediCalc® FEATURES:
(the best and proven clinical data processing)
* arithmetical processing
* automatic unit conversion
* MULTICALX™ Panels
* multiple-unit entries
* color-coded normal-abnormal outputs
* normal values (ranges & limits)
* automatic range-checks (limits)
* intuitive user interface
* easy navigation and info access
* Search bar with filters
* smart decimal rounding
* Système International notation
* tables of parameters
* mobile & online (free access)
* expanded equation views
* fully referenced
* highly organized and standardized
MediCalc® is part of the ScyMed® Network of MedicalApps, and the first and most comprehensive Medical Calculator System™ in the world, online since 1996... (tens of thousands of users & free online access). Available in spanish and italian.
Other Medical Apps developed by ScyMed include NephroCalc™, LiverCalc™, EKG-card™, H&P-card™, eH&P™, etc. (mobile & online).
A-a Gradient Master
Diabetic Ketoacidosis Master
Renal Failure Diff. Diagnosis Master
Anion Gap Master
Blood Pressure Master
Body Metrics Master
Cardiac Output Master
Vascular Resistance Master
Lung Volumes Master
Glomerular Filtration Rate (Cockcroft + reverse), CrCl
GFR (MDRD-4, MDRD-6, CKD-EPI)
Chronic Kidney Disease Classification
Fractional Excretion of Na+, Urea, K+, Mg, HCO3, PO4
TransTubular Potassium Gradient
Henderson - Hasselbalch Equation
Metabolic Acidosis "Winter's formula"
Blood Alcohol Level
Cardiac Output (Fick)
Ejection Fraction (EF)
Target Heart Rate (HR_t)
Stroke Volume (SV)
Mean Arterial Pressure (MAP)
Ankle Brachial Index (ABI)
Q-T interval correction (Q-T_c)
Coronary Heart Disease (10y Risk)
Metabolic Syndrome (Met Sx)
NCEP Major Risk factors
A-a Gradient (PA-aO2)
Barometric Pressure (PB)
arterial Oxygen Content
Ideal Body Weight
Body Mass Index (BMI)
Waist to Hip Ratio
Harris Benedict Equation (HBE)
Nitrogen Balance (NB)
Body Fat Percentage (BF%)
Calcium Correction (Ca++_c)
Glucose (estimated average) (eAG)
Child-Turcotte-Pugh Classification (Child )
Model for End-stage Liver Disease - UNOS (MELD-unos)
Serum:Ascites Albumin Ratio (SAAG)
Discriminant Function (DiscFx)
Absolute Neutrophil Count
APACHE II, Glasgow, Ranson, TIMI, CHADS2,
ASCVD Risk, Framingham, Reynolds score, PELD,
Metaboloci syndrome, San Francisco SR
Conversion (temp, mass, length)
and many more...
More from developer
Designed for rapid, convenient, point-of-care intervention. With a few quick taps, you will:
•Evaluate diabetic patients for albuminuria and chronic kidney disease (CKD)
•Use evidence-based strategies to assess and treat
•Access an interactive, clinical action plan that can be individualized for your patients
Simple, quick, and organized by:
•What is Albuminuria?
•Why screen for albuminuria in high risk patients?
•When to screen
•How to screen
•Follow-up using a simple, interactive decision-making algorithm
•Facts about albuminuria, diabetes, and chronic kidney disease
Facts About Chronic Kidney Disease
•Kidney disease is common, harmful, and treatable.
•26 million American have kidney disease – but most do not know they have it. Millions more are at increased risk.
•High risk groups include those with diabetes, hypertension, and a family history of kidney disease. African Americans, Hispanics, Asian or Pacific Islanders, Native Americans and seniors are also at increased risk.
•Early detection can slow the progression of kidney disease.
•Once kidneys fail, patients need dialysis or a transplant to survive.
The National Kidney Foundation is the leading organization in the U.S. dedicated to the awareness, prevention, and treatment of kidney disease for hundreds of thousands of healthcare professionals, millions of patients and their families, and tens of millions of Americans at risk.
By supporting the National Kidney Foundation, you directly influence and positively impact the lives of those at risk for kidney disease, those living with chronic kidney disease, and those who care for and about them.
Learn more at www.kidney.org
30 East 33rd Street
New York, NY 10016
Designed using a ‘Question & Answer’ format to help you self-manage your kidney transplant, along with ongoing care and support from your transplant and other health care team members. With a few quick taps you will be able to:
• understand the importance of taking anti-rejection (immunosuppression) medications.
• minimize complications associated with kidney transplant including heart disease, diabetes, hypertension, bone disease, certain cancers, and infection.
• communicate with your health care providers for better coordination of care.
• follow a healthy lifestyle with exercise and proper diet.
• find information on community and other resources that can help with medication costs.
• access additional materials on kidney transplant.
Easy, quick and organized by:
• Rejection and Transplant Medicine
• New-Onset Diabetes After Transplant
• Heart disease
• High blood pressure
• High cholesterol and blood lipids
• Stop smoking
• Healthy weight
• Bone disease
• Mental Health
• Healthy lifestyle
• Patient Assistance Programs
• More information
• All-cause mortality
• Cardiovascular mortality
• Kidney failure
• Acute kidney injury (AKI)
• Progressive CKD
Suggests monitoring frequency and referral decision, depending on categories of eGFR and ACR.
Provides rapid, convenient learning at your fingertips.
What is the National Kidney Foundation?
The National Kidney Foundation (NKF), a major voluntary nonprofit health organization, is dedicated to preventing kidney and urinary tract disease, improving the health and well-being of individuals and families affected by these diseases and increasing the availability of all organs for transplantation.
National Kidney Foundation
30 East 33rd Street
New York, NY 10016
This program is made possible from a grant from AbbVie, Inc.
Staying up to date on the latest kidney health news, local health events, and educational programs from the NKF can help you manage your health and be certain that your family members get the best treatment and information they need too.
With the NKF mobile app you create your own personalized health profile that helps you:
-Find great food that meets your unique, personal dietary needs
- Explore a host of recipes that are hypertension, diabetes, kidney and even osteoporosis friendly!
- Trying to lose a few pounds or keep them off? Our app will help you with that too!
- See how nearby restaurant dishes match your unique dietary guidelines and goals
- Shop for packaged foods that are right for you
- Build your library of personal food favorites
A special feature lets you connect to your Registered Dietitian and get the personalized support and recommendations you need to stay on course with your nutrition challenges.
Your NKF App is loaded with educational tips, breaking health news, local health-related programs and allows you to keep up to date on community health screenings and events.
Your account will let you enjoy the full benefits of NKF's online Kidney Kitchen as well, where you can search for, create and share recipes that meet the needs of your whole family. You'll be able to find them back in this app, add items to your shopping list at the grocery store, and save them to your Favorites list. That means you can easily discover healthy eating options on the go, in the grocery store, and in your home.