84 species are featured, split into two suborders: Mysticeti (Baleen Whales) and Odonticeti (Toothed Whales and Dolphins).
Compiled by Jamie Watts and Pamela Le Noury, the guide is a fantastic tool for marine enthusiasts and keen whale watchers to learn more about the animals, and help identify species.
- Hi-res artwork images and detailed text descriptions for the 84 species.
- Photos included for many species.
- "Compare" allows you to compare two species on the same screen.
- A personal list that stores your sightings saved to the device that can then be exported through email.
- View the Species Index by Common or Scientific names.
- Enter your location to see what species are in that hotspot.
This application has specific features that will enhance your marine mammal experience.
NB: Please note that an additional download of 16MB is required once this app has been installed. Please ensure you use a WiFi connection to prevent additional data costs.
● Hi-res artwork images, distribution maps and detailed text descriptions of over 120 species (these images can be expanded to fill the entire width of the screen in portrait and landscape orientations)
● "Compare" allows you to compare two species on the same screen.
● A personal list that stores your sightings saved to the device that can then be exported to your storage card or email.
● View the Species Index by Common or Scientific names either alphabetically or taxonomically.
* Uninstalling the program will result in the loss of your list. It is recommended that you keep your master list.
We invite all users to share their comments and ideas on our forum at www.mydigitalearth.com
Killer whales are highly social; some populations are composed of matrilineal family groups which are the most stable of any animal species. Their sophisticated hunting techniques and vocal behaviors, which are often specific to a particular group and passed across generations, have been described as manifestations of culture. Enjoy 9 Premium Sounds of the Oceans Greatest Whale
This soundboard contains only the highest quality sound effects one can find. Each sound effect is recorded in the highest possible quality sound available. This soundboard and its sound effects are for your enjoyment and the enjoyment of your friends and family. This soundboard can be used to scare friends as well and prank those same people. If you like the sounds effects or this soundboard be sure to let you friends know, as they will also enjoy it, since your friends and have the same tastes in things.
fish, dolphin, artic, tropical, diet, sea, lions, zoo, world, sharks, social, sound, sfx, board, fun, prank,
This app provides information about marine mammals in the Southeastern United States (Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Louisiana, Mississippi, South Carolina, North Carolina, Texas, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands), including:
> Identification: illustrations, photos and physical descriptions (size, color, body shape)
> Biology: behaviors, diet, life history
> Habitat: distribution (including map)
> Conservation: status (protected / endangered), population size, and threats
> Viewing guidelines: never feed, pet, touch or swim with marine mammals in the wild. If you see a marine mammal, follow these viewing guidelines to help reduce disturbance and ensure you are following the law (Marine Mammal Protection Act). To view bottlenose dolphins in the wild, visit www.dolphinsmart.org to locate a tour near you.
This app is especially useful to anyone who enjoys dolphin watching, whale watching, wildlife eco-tours, dolphin tours and manatee tours. The app serves as an electronic field guide to marine mammals and provides tips for how to watch dolphins, whales, seals and manatees safely. For example, you will learn why it is not a good idea to swim with dolphins in the wild because of the potential disturbance and harassment and for your own safety. You will also learn more about why feeding a dolphin in the wild is harmful. Overall, you will learn how to watch marine mammals without disturbing them, which will allow you to see and enjoy all their natural behaviors.