See below for pricing options.
Now also available for Chrome: http://goo.gl/ETMNa3
Play Videos directly on your Smart TV
vGet supports DLNA/UPnP to play (cast) videos directly on a DLNA-Device in your local network. Many devices out there support DLNA, for example Smart TVs, XBox, MediaCenters, AllShare Devices etc. As opposed to many other DLNA-tools, vGet does not relay the video stream over your mobile device but streams directly from the internet. This saves battery life - the video even keeps playing when you switch off your Android device completely. So vGet offers Chromecast-like functionality without requiring additional hardware.
It also supports Chromecast.
Download any video for later offline viewing. vGet includes an integrated download manager that supports multiple concurrent connections to speed up downloads. It automatically increases the number of connections as long as this improves the download speed, if supported by the server.
Play embedded videos with the player of your choice. Choose any installed Video-Player (e.g. MXPlayer, VLC, etc.) to stream them directly without downloading. This even works for flash videos.
vGet works as a simple web-browser and is therefore able to detect HTML5-Videos on any site. It can even detect some flash-videos, without requiring flash player to be installed. Note that support for flash videos is limited, so don't expect it to work on every site. But it has been reported to work quite some sites, including putlocker, sockshare, movshare, novamov, filenuke, played, nowvideo, clicktovie, nosvideo, videozed, faststream, nowvideo, potlocker, putme, bitshare, streamcloud, movreel, vidstream.in, xvidstage, billionuploads, primeshare, ginbig, ...
This is a trial version that is limited to a 14 day trial period. The trial can be unlocked inside the App (in-app billing) for ~3.30 € plus VAT, if applicable. You'll see the exact price in your local currency before you buy it. Buying it removes Ads and allows to use it for a unlimited time on all your devices that use the same Google-Play account for installation.
Alternatively it can be used for free by recommending it to others using the integrated referral feature. Each successful referral earns you one additional month of free usage. There is no limit to this rule. So you can use it free indefinitely by referring enough users.
Why don't you offer vGet completely for free without requiring referrals?
Developing and maintaining an App costs money. For some very popular Apps, Ads can cover these costs. Unfortunately that doesn't work for vGet. We think that the 14 day trial period should allow you to figure out if actually want to use it. Charging for vGet is the only way to keep working.
But it's way too expensive: Well, you often don't even get a pint of beer for that amount. Also be aware that we've to spent at least 2/3 of the price on transaction fees and taxes.
- Youtube is not supported due to terms of service restrictions.
- No support for any streaming formats (HLS, rtsp)
- Flash videos are not detected on all websites
Reasons for App-Permissions:
- Full network access: required for downloads and DLNA.
- WLAN-Multicast: required for DLNA to detect local devices.
- USB-Storage: required for saving downloads.
- Start at boot: to resume downloads automatically after rebooting.
- Prevent sleep mode: required while downloading to keep active downloads running.
- Accounts (use accounts on the device/find accounts): Used as authentication for the optional referral feature.
If you experience any problems or have suggestions for improvements, please report them on http://vget.w69b.com/bugs.
Imagine if you could watch videos and write emails at the same time using your tablet! Or compare two web pages side by side, or take notes alongside a web page. Well, you can do all of that and more!
Split Browser is two browsers in one, working side by side. It lets you browse two web pages independent of each other. You can open links from one half into the other half. It also includes a notepad that allows you to take notes from a web page. You can open multiple tabs and swap them between two halves. You can also resize the two halves to suit your needs. Simply put, it is a powerful tool for multitasking.
Best suited for tablets and "phablets".
- - - - -
CHROMECAST & NEXUS PLAYER:
Requires Google Play services (4.2 or above) to be enabled. Look under Android Settings > Applications. Not all videos can be cast (Flash videos, YouTube, live streams, etc). Low resolution videos might not look the same on your HD TV as they look in a small screen. Play videos in full view to cast.
UPDATE 7/30/14: YouTube videos will not cast in Android 4.4 devices, please use the YouTube app.
Steps to cast videos: https://sites.google.com/site/appestry/sb#cast
See the main demo video for detailed casting instructions: http://youtu.be/fnKnVt6oY4A
- - - - -
Here's a quick rundown of its important features:
• Resize the two browser halves by dragging the yellow divider line.
• Rotate yellow divider (vertical/horizontal) independent of the screen orientation.
• Watch videos in full view within each half.
• Cast videos to Chromecast using the remote.
• Start new tabs and switch them between the two halves.
• Copy the current page over to the other half.
• Open links and bookmarks in the other half and/or in a new tab.
• Autocomplete address input from bookmarks and history.
• Press and hold back/forward arrows to view history and jump to a page in the list.
• Manage history across all tabs in one place, sorted reverse chronologically showing the time of last visit.
• Search for text in the web page in either halves separately.
• Separate clipboard option to paste the last 10 items copied.
• Open notepads in either halves to take notes and save/share them.
• Select text to copy and paste between two halves and notepads.
• Links to useful tools like calculator, translator, converters... etc.
• Remember form data and passwords.
• Clear cache, history, cookies, form data and passwords.
• View pages in desktop mode.
• Works in dual view in Samsung devices that support multi-window mode.
• Works in both cascade and dual views in Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 tablets.
Additional features only in full version:
• Option to restore previously open web pages and tabs upon restart.
• Import bookmarks from HTML files generated by Split Browser, Chrome or Firefox.
• Export bookmarks to HTML file for backup and sync with other devices.
• Option to view bookmarks from the device - if shared by the default browser or Chrome.
• When using Chromecast it displays the video playback status on TV screens.
Be sure to check out the trial version to make sure it works in your device before buying this full version.
Video review by @howtomen: http://youtu.be/bm5uoVhghh0
A quick look at multi-window support: http://youtu.be/1Czhk8OXAnM
You might experience text input issues with SwiftKey keyboard in some websites. We are currently working to resolve this issue. More details in this SwiftKey forum thread: http://support.swiftkey.net/forums/116693-2-bug-reports/suggestions/3749006-nothing-is-written
We are candidates from the pan-democratic camp. We are committed to fight for genuine universal suffrage for the Chief Executive election in 2017 and the abolition of functional constituencies in the Legislative Council. We devote ourselves in promoting IT, we also care about the long term development of Hong Kong. Please join hands with us and build a better future for our next generation.