Now you can access detailed, real-time train information direct from your smartphone. So much more than a timetable, innovative technology enables you to track specific trains, find out about disruptions to your journey, and re-plan your journey on the go.
With unprecedented visibility and intuitive tools, the National Rail Enquiries app will transform your train travel experience, empowering you to catch the right train and complete your journey.
- My travel - One place for your favourite journeys and stations. Find the next train home and get relevant live updates at a glance
- Live trains - View real-time departures and arrivals boards for any station
- Progress tracking - From A to B and everything in between, find out exactly where a train is along a route
- Journey planner - Plan your journeys with up-to-the-minute travel information. Track the progress of trains and disruptions along your route
- Watch a train - Pin a train to My travel to watch its progress with a single tap
- Push notifications - Get disruption alerts as they happen
- Wake-up alerts - Avoid missing your stop or getting caught out when the train divides or arrives at its destination
- Tube and DLR - Plan your journey to or from London Zone 1 Underground and DLR stations
- Plan journeys between a station and a postcode
- Find out ticket prices
- Buy tickets via third party websites
- Widget featuring live train arrivals/departures between home and work stations
- Cycling facilities at your station
- Can you take your bicycle on your journey? Are reservations required? How many bicycle spaces are there?
- Tips for travelling with bicycles
Enhance your train travel experience - download the FREE National Rail Enquiries app today.
- It is now possible to add planned journey details to your calendar as events. To allow this the app’s permissions regarding calendar events have been updated.
- Despite the permissions description, the app will not send email to guests without owner’s knowledge
Book in advance to save 43% on average*.
Train travel made easy; plan your journey, check live train times & platform information in the palm of your hand. Buy tickets for any UK train route.
We make train travel easy:
• Journey planning and train times.
• View live train departure boards.
• See what platform you depart from
• Recent and saved journeys on your home screen
• View station information including maps and local taxi numbers.
Buy tickets on the go:
• Buy tickets for any UK train route.
• Purchase tickets up to 10 minutes before boarding.
• Save your preferred payment card details.
• Collect from over 1,000 stations.
• View ticket reference details in your app, even without a signal.
• Mobile ticketing available on selected routes**.
Buy tickets for all major UK train operators:
First Great Western
South West Trains
Arriva Trains Wales
South Eastern Trains
Abellio Greater Anglia
East Midlands Trains
*Average savings with Advance fares vs purchase on the day of travel at the ticket office. Selected routes only, subject to availability.
**Mobile tickets are only available on selected routes.
We always respect your privacy, check this page to see the reasons we need to ask for permissions:
Well thanks to our top technical geniuses, we’ve got a new and improved app which will make your travel experience with us so simple you’ll wonder how you lived without it. Check train times, plan journeys and buy tickets for any train anywhere in the UK (with no booking or credit card fees too!). And best of all, it’s 100% totally and utterly free.
Plus, book yourself on one of our swanky Virgin Trains and get your ticket sent straight to your mobile. No fuss, no queuing, no printing – it’s your ticket delivered directly into your pocket.
Also, want to see if your train is on time? You can see real-time info on how any train is running across Britain, and even which platform it will arrive into at your station.
· Search times and fares for any train to any destination in the UK.
· Buy tickets up to 10 minutes before you want to depart.
· Book for up to 8 people at once.
· Totally secure booking.
· Absolutely no hidden booking or credit card fees (we hate those!)
· Get tickets sent straight to your mobile or collect from our FastTicket machines.
· Log-in to your account so you only need to enter your details once.
· Check live departures/arrivals info to see how your train is running, before you even get on it.
· And you get all this for the one-off payment of... nothing! Free things are always the best things in life.
We’re big fans of our app, and we plan to keep on improving it even more in the future. Our brainy types are working on new features all the time to make your travel experience with us easier than ever before. But if you’ve got that million-dollar idea, that missing nugget of genius that we haven’t included in our app, then tell us!
Found a hitch or a glitch in our app, then let us know. We’re open to suggestions and we want to hear what’d make it better for you. So please get in touch at App@virgintrains.co.uk
With the app you can:
• Plan any train journey in Great Britain
• View train times and real-time train running information
• Buy your tickets for any train journey in Great Britain
• Quickly find train times based on your recent searches
You can also make use of these great features:
• Have your CrossCountry Advance tickets delivered to your smartphone as m-tickets
• Collect other tickets from the ticket machine at the station
• Buy train tickets through the app without registering or signing in
• Register and you can use your CrossCountry ‘My Account’ on our website at crosscountrytrains.co.uk and on the Train Tickets app
The Train Tickets app is National Rail accredited and is quick, simple and secure to use.
It’s free to download and we won’t charge you a booking fee.
M-ticket delivery will be offered when buying a Virgin Trains East Coast Advance Super Off-Peak, Off-Peak or Anytime ticket between Harrogate and Hexham via York and Newcastle.
There are more updates to the app coming up, including offering m-ticket delivery for all Virgin Trains East Coast Advance tickets, enabling ticket purchase, checking train running information and a lot more.
How do I download the Ticket Wallet app?
- Download the Virgin Trains East Coast Ticket Wallet app to your preferred device(s)
- Open the app and Sign In. You will be kept logged in (until you choose to Sign Out) and have the option of also setting a security PIN
- Your device(s) will then be registered in My Account and available to receive m-tickets
How do I use m-ticket ?
When you purchase an eligible Virgin Trains East Coast ticket you will be offered the option of having your ticket delivered to your mobile device as an m-ticket.
On completion of the booking, your ticket(s) will be sent directly to your mobile device and you can find it under “Current Tickets”. (Once the travel date has passed, you can still see your ticket(s) under “Previous Tickets”).
Simply make sure you keep your mobile device charged up to enable your barcode ticket to be scanned both onboard and at the gates in the station
APP MAIN FEATURES:
★ FIND TRAINS: Find Trains helps you find your next train journey. Choose from any UK train station. The app remembers your last and most frequently travelled train journeys. Choose a train fare from the available Off-Peak, Anytime, standard or First Class fare options and buy your train tickets using the app. If you have a railcard, simply add which railcard you have (i.e. Family & Friends Railcard, Network Railcard, 16-25 Railcard) to get access to cheap train tickets.
★ LIVE TRAIN TIMES: Live Train Times shows train departures and train arrivals from any train station in the country. You can also see which platform your train will be at without having to check the departure board. The app stores the most recent live train times you have chosen. You can always get quick access to your important train platforms, running schedules, departure times and train arrivals.
★ NECTAR POINTS: You can get Nectar points by linking your Nectar card to the First Great Western app. Enter your Nectar card number into the NECTAR section of the app and you can start collecting Nectar points today. Look out for ways to boost your Nectar balance when you see the "bonus points" sign.
★ LATEST SEARCH: Latest Search stores the last journey you looked for. We know you don't always have time to look at the departure boards so we store the latest search to make sure the most recent train journey you looked for is displayed on the first page of the app.
★ MY TICKETS: My Tickets is your mobile ticket wallet and displays all the mTickets you purchase. These mobile tickets are marked with a barcode symbol and are delivered direct to your phone. When travelling you may be asked to present your mTicket at any time.
★ NEXT TICKET: Next Ticket shows your upcoming tickets. Keep your journey planning close to hand with full details of your next tickets.
★ MY ACCOUNT: Log in to your First Great Western account here or sign up with your first time purchase. Signing up means all your details are stored safely and securely to make buying train tickets easier and quicker.
★ INFORMATION: The Information part of the app is your train ticket help manual. Access all you need to know about the app. Check the latest Tube Status from TfL so you can plan your Tube or DLR journey. From here you can also sign up to our Inbox Inspiration where you can get exclusive travel news, Nectar promotions and fantastic First Great Western offers sent direct to your inbox.
The First Great Western app is more than just a train time travel companion, it's also your gateway to exciting UK destinations. Let the First Great Western app help take you to any of our main stations from London Paddington (PAD), Reading (RDG), Swindon (SWI), Bristol Temple Meads (BRI), Cheltenham Spa (CNM), Cardiff Central (CDF), Bath Spa (BTH), Exeter St Davids (EXD), Oxford (OXF) and Plymouth (PLY) to explore the best the UK has to offer.
Keep in touch with the latest train travel news:
Follow us on Google Plus https://plus.google.com/114293187194225124479/posts
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/FirstGreatWestern
Follow us on Twitter https://twitter.com/fgw
Pin us on Pinterest https://uk.pinterest.com/firstgw/
With Indian Rail Ticket and PNR app, you can:
- Search for trains between destinations by simply typing the name of the stations / cities / towns
- Check Train availability 6 days prior and post the desired date
- Check real-time availability for over 2500+ trains running under the Indian Railways
- Find trains with train numbers and names
- Receive quick PNR status updates
- Redirect to IRCTC Official app for bookings
Indian Rail Ticket & PNR app provides information of all trains running across India with their current schedules, fares & routes.
Disclaimer: This app relies on public information available on relevant websites that you choose to access, at will, through the app. By using it, you are responsible for any legal implications that may arise from such usage. You'll need to visit IRCTC official website / app to make your bookings.
On opening the app you'll instantly see live service updates, train times and platform info for the journeys that matter to you. Powered by data from National Rail Enquiries, Thameslink, Great Northern and Transport for London, the app puts you in control by letting you customise what you see.
• Personalised, real-time dashboard that automatically presents train times, platform information and live service updates for the journeys you make regularly.
• Easy-to-use journey planner with fewer steps and faster results for all national train routes.
• Save the stations you visit frequently to speed up travel planning.
• Buy train tickets on the go and collect at the station.
• Live departure and arrival boards for all UK rail stations.
• See your route on an interactive map, with stops and interchanges clearly marked.
• Detailed breakdown for each individual leg of your journey - including the current location of your train.
• Check station facilities including mobility access and view station location on a map.
• Quickly see personalised London Underground line status updates.
• Get up-to-date service information via Thameslink and Great Northern's Twitter feeds.
• Contact Thameslink and Great Northern Railway's customer service teams by email, phone and Twitter.
• Submit 'Delay Repay' claims straight from your mobile.
• Handy short-cut button to move quickly around the app.
Whether you’re a seasoned commuter or planning trips in advance, Thameslink On Track is the only rail app you’ll ever need for stress-free train travel.
Rail Planner offers everything you need to help plan your rail journey in Europe. It provides offline timetable information for international European trains and
connections, synchronising and simplifying cross-European travel.
Please note that some trains require a supplement and/or reservation which are not included in the price of your pass. Additionally some private railway companies do not participate in the Eurail and InterRail Pass offer; a full price ticket is necessary to travel on private railways.
Once the Rail Planner app is downloaded you won’t even need an internet connection, except when you use some special features.And there’s more: extra benefits available with your Eurail or InterRail Pass will help you save money during your journey and, city maps will help you get an overview of the major European cities.
Some of the features:
- Find train stations and near your current position.
- Departure and arrival boards available for any station.
- Save your most frequent searches as favourites.
- Find train stations using augmented reality.
- Benefits for Eurail and InterRail Pass holders
- City maps of major European cities.
- Country facts of all participating countries
Enjoy your trip!
Conditions of use
All rights, including the right of reproduction (except for the purpose of program execution on
your own Smartphone), distribution and processing in whatever form, shall remain vested in the manufacturers. Neither the manufacturer nor the publisher shall be liable for inaccurate
information, transmission errors or consequential damages of any kind. The liability for
intent, gross negligence or injury to life or personal injury is without prejudice. The
information system shall be only used for own purpose and shall not be used commercially or
by the way of retransmission using an instrument for transmission. The use of an automated
system or software to extract data is prohibited. The license terms are deemed to be accepted
at the moment of starting the download.
What the media says about us
“It’s already built up a fanbase by being more user-friendly”
“This looks good. The whole site is clean, fast and zippy. If only all travel booking was like this!”
“In most cases, I now recommend using www.capitainetrain.com”
Mark from Seat61.com
Buy train tickets at the best price
• Search for train routes in France and nearby countries: TGV, Eurostar, Thalys, Lyria, etc.
• Find the best prices amongst the most comprehensive offers: Prem’s, Loisir, iDTGV, etc.
• Take advantage of your discount and loyalty cards: Eurostar Frequent Traveller, Thalys TheCard, etc.
• Pay whenever you want, thanks to our pre-booking and reservation service.
• Exchange or cancel your tickets within the app.
Book your trip in seconds
• Register your loyalty and discount cards along with your personal information.
• Save time by creating a profile for each member of your family.
• Select your favourite destinations instantly.
• Review your upcoming or previous journeys.
• Receive your e-tickets in PDF format or store them on your loyalty card.
• Receive a notification 20 minutes before departure.
Too good to be true ?
Like many users you may ask yourself how we make money.
It is quite simple. Like any other official travel agent certified by the SNCF we earn a commission for each ticket sold. There is no additional fee for our clients as our prices are aligned with the carriers’ fares.
If you’re curious to know what permissions we ask for upon installation, you can find a detailed explanation here: http://faq.capitainetrain.com/article/292-android-app-required-information-permissions
You have read this far?
You rock! Tweet “the wagon is mobile”, and mention @capitainetrain. We will answer you with some emoji hearts and a train picture.
Buy train tickets from every UK mainland train company
No more fiddling about online or wasting time in a queue. Buy train tickets on the go with a few taps. Then collect your ticket at the station. With no booking fees. For some journeys you can buy paperless ‘barcode tickets’. Swipe the ticket we send you on the barcode reader at the station. Or show it to train staff. That’s it.
Plan your journey and save tons of time
Set up your next train journey when you’re out and about. It’s not hard. Search train times, tickets, availability and fares on your mobile. O2 Train Travel even saves your last ten journeys (handy when you’re planning your next one). Even handier, you can pay with any card stored in your O2 Wallet. It saves you tapping in your card number every time you buy a ticket.
Get the best fares by comparing prices to find the cheapest ticket for your journey. And, when you book in advance you can save up to 80% compared to buying on the day. We also don’t charge card or booking fees, so you don’t have to worry about any hidden charges.
Not got O2 Wallet yet? You can register and download it here, for free o2.co.uk/money/wallet. You need to be 13 years or over and have a UK Mobile. Terms apply
Make seat reservations
No more standing in a crowded train, O2 Train Travel allows you to reserve your seat when you book your ticket on selected routes
Buy tickets for more than one person
Traveling with your friends or the family? Using O2 Train Travel it’s easy to buy multiple tickets.
Here’s a few more details:
• You can be on any network, not just O2.
• Access to the O2 Train Travel app is subject to network coverage of your mobile service provider. Depending on your mobile tariff, data charges may apply. If you're an O2 customer, you may not be charged.
• O2 Train Travel lets you buy train tickets from, and enter into an agreement with, Atos IT Services UK Limited (trading as redspottedhanky.com). Their terms, privacy and data protection policy apply are at o2.co.uk/money/o2trainterms
80% saving is compared to standard walk-up fares when purchased on the day
Terms apply, see o2.co.uk/money/o2trainterms
© 2012 Telefónica Financial Services UK Limited
Atos IT Services UK Limited. Registered in England and Wales no 01245534. Registered office 4 Triton Square, Regent’s Place, London NW1 3HG, United Kingdom. Telefónica Financial Services UK Limited. Registered in England and Wales no 7584114. Registered Office 260 Bath Road, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 4DX, United Kingdom.
The O2 Money Account is issued by IDT Financial Services Limited pursuant to a license by Visa Europe. IDT Financial Services Limited is a regulated bank, licensed by the Financial Services Commission (FSC), Gibraltar. Registered Office: 57-63 Line Wall Road, Gibraltar. Registered No. 95716. Please send all correspondence to O2 Money Customer Services, PO Box 16222, Birmingham, B16 6SR
What can you do with this app?
SEARCH AND BOOK TRAINS
• Check for available seats and the best ticket prices between London, Paris and Brussels and all Eurostar stops in between
• Book up to nine travellers at a time
• Choose your language: English, French or Dutch
REAL-TIME TRAIN INFORMATION
• Check arrivals and departures on the day you’re travelling NEW
• Get live disruption alerts right away
• Your mobile ticket is automatically stored in the app NEW
We’ve updated the design and the booking process to make it smoother, so we’d love to hear what you think of it and how we can make it even better. If you have any comments or suggestions, drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Find your nearest stations by location, or search for any station by name or three letter code
- See live departures or arrivals for any station, anywhere, any time. See where and when your train has been, and where it will be.
- Unique to Realtime Trains: Keep getting to the station just in time to see your train rolling off into the distance? We’ll show you if the train’s on the approach to the station, rolling into the platform, or is already there and about to leave… so you know when to run!
- On some high-frequency routes, you’ll get an at-a-glance list of trains with an easy countdown timer in the corner, so it’s fast and easy to see how many minutes you have until each one leaves.
- Find out which platform your train’s leaving from as soon as we know (usually quicker than it goes up on the boards at the station!) You’ll see the planned platform to start, taken from the timetable. When it turns bold, it’s been confirmed: your train is approaching, or at the platform right now.
- Set up a home station and favourite your normal stations or most used routes
- Create an alarm for your train’s departure or arrival—never miss your stop again!
- Keep a list of ‘favourite’ trains, for convenient access
- Download the timetable for a particular service so you can access it without a signal
This is Version 1 of the Realtime Trains app. Coming soon, we’ll be adding the ability to search for and track non-passenger trains (freight trains, engineering trains, empty stock moves) and special trains like railtours. We're also working on a series of new and exciting features that we can't talk about at the moment - but will soon!
Please note that Realtime Trains is a tool for real time passenger information across the British mainline passenger rail network in England, Scotland and Wales. At present, it does not provide information for trams, light railways, metros (including most London Underground stations) or heritage railways off the mainline. We also do not currently cover services operating in Ireland.
★Google Play Picks★
★NYC MTA App Quest Award Winner★
★Awarded Official App of Toronto Transit Commission — TTC/blogTO★
★Editor's Choice - PCMag★
Transit works in most large North American cities and select cities in Europe (see list below).
- Know at a glance when your next subway or bus is arriving (including real-time predictions!)*
- Plan A-to-B trips with ease (includes all transit modes – bus, subway, metro, uber, car2go, train, streetcar, light rail, and ferry).
- See exactly where your bus or train is on the map in real-time.*
- View schedules and route itineraries (even offline!)
- Favorite your most important routes.
- Save home/work locations for quicker trip planning.
- See bike share stations on the map.
- Find and reserve nearby car2go's
- Check ETAs for the closest Uber and request a ride.
*Wherever real-time info is available.
“This app makes me WANT to ride the bus"
“Love this so much I might sell my car.”
“Blows Google Maps out of the water.”
"Clearly beats other transit apps in every way. Totally changed my transit experience."
“Probably the best thing on my phone, no joke.”
See below for a PARTIAL list of supported agencies and cities (full list: http://transitapp.com/regions)
Ann Arbor: The Ride, UM Transit, ArborBike
Atlanta: MARTA*, CCT, GRTA
Austin: Capital Metro*, B-cycle
Boston: MBTA*, Hubway
Chicago: CTA*, Metra, PACE, NICTD, Divvy
Cincinnati: Metro, TANK
Columbus: COTA, CoGo
Dallas: DART, Fort Worth T
Denver: RTD, B-cycle
Grand Rapids: The Rapid*
Hampton Roads: HRT
Hartford (and CT): CTTransit
Kansas City: KCATA
Las Vegas: RTC
Los Angeles: LA Metro*, Metrolink, OCTA*, LADOT*, Omnitrans, RTA, Burbank Bus, Torrance, Foothill*, Big Blue Bus, Glendale Beeline*
Madison: Metro*, B-cycle
Miami: MDT, BCT, Citi Bike
Milwaukee: MCTS*, Bublr Bikes
Minneapolis: Metro Transit*, MVTA, Plymouth*, SouthWest*, U. Minnesota*, Nice Ride
Nashville: MTA & RTA
New Orleans: NORTA*
NYC Metro: New York MTA*, Metro-North (MNR), Long Island Rail Road (LIRR), NJ Transit (NJT)*, PATH, SI Ferry, NICE, Bee-Line, RI Tram, NY Waterway, Citi Bike
Philadelphia: SEPTA*, PATCO
Phoenix: Valley Metro*
Pittsburgh: Port Authority (PAAC)*
Sacramento: SRT, Roseville
SLC: UTA*, GREENbike
San Antonio: VIA
San Diego: MTS, NCTD*
SF Bay Area: SF BART*, SF MUNI*, Caltrain*, AC Transit*, VTA*, County Connection*, SamTrans, Bay Area Bike Share
Seattle: Metro Transit*, City of Seattle*, Sound Transit*, Pierce Transit, Pronto
Tampa Bay: HART*, PSTA
Washington DC: WMATA (DC Metro & Bus)*, DC Circulator*, Ride On*, Arlington (ART)*, Fairfax Connector, VRE*, DASH, Capital Bike Share
Montréal: STM, RTL, STL*, AMT*, MRC, CIT, Bixi
Ottawa: OC Transpo*
Toronto (GTA): TTC*, GO, York (YRT/VIVA)*, Guelph, Hamilton Street Railway(HSR)*, Grand River (GRT), Brampton (BT), MiWay, Burlington, Oakville, Toronto Bike Share
Vancouver: TransLink*, SkyTrain*
Victoria: BC Transit
*Uses real-time for some or all routes (eg bus time & subway time in NYC, bus tracker & train tracker in Chicago, Next Bus in Boston, etc)
A great replacement for the discontinued HopStop app!
Your phone becomes your ticket to save you time and get you to where you need to be.
Sign up, enter your details and securely purchase your tickets. From then on, all future transactions just need your login and CVV. The app lets you store multiple tickets and all you need to do is activate them before you board.
Whether you’re commuting or visiting the city this hassle free app is going to revolutionise your journey in Athens.
TfA: making life easier and helping you get about Athens.
We are making the app better every day! Let us know what you think at: email@example.com
• Book tickets from your phone
• Secure booking system with the use of your credit or debit card
• No fuss system - sign up once and then just log in and enter your CVV number for future transactions
• Absolutely free to download
• No booking or credit card fees