OpenCPN is a free, community developed and supported software to create a concise chart plotter and navigation software, for use underway or as a planning tool - now available on your Android mobile phone or tablet. See below for support links!
NOTE: The current version requires a decent phone or tablet with an ARM processor. It might crash on tablets with an Intel Atom CPU.
* IHO S52 compliant display of worldwide S57 and S63 vector charts.
* BSB v3, and earlier, raster chart support.
* BSB4 and "nv-chart" support through plugins.
* CM93 vector chart support, with per cell offset corrections.
* Single-chart and Quilted display modes.
* North-up, Course-up and Chart-up display modes.
* Moving-map display mode.
* Route navigation with ship tracking functions.
* Waypoint navigation.
* Dashboard, for configurable on-screen display of ship's NMEA data.
* NMEA 0183 GPS interface at selectable baud rate.
* Advanced NMEA message handling structure with built in multiplexer.
* Autopilot output support.
* AIS input with full target tracking and collision alerting.
* AIS support for SART / automatic MOB handling.
* AIS support for DSC and GPSGate Buddies.
* Anchor watch/alarm functions.
* GRIB file input and display for weather forecasting.
* GPX Waypoint, Track and Route input and output file support.
* Tide and Current prediction and display by location.
* Route planning with tidal support.
* Builtin great-circle routing.
* Weather routing through qtVlm or separate plugin
* GPX Layers for annotation of charts.
* Climatology and Weather Fax,
* World Magnetic Variation
* 20+ languages supported
* OpenGL support for enhanced performance
* Windows, Apple OS X, Linux and Android applications
ANDROID BETA TESTING PROGRAM:
BUG REPORTS & FEATURE REQUESTS:
APKs & SOURCE CODE:
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.