▶ Find & Compare more than 750.000 products
The app allows to view the 750.000 products (including 175.000 in the US) already contained in the free and open database Open Food Facts, and also to add pictures and data for new products.
To discover the volunteer-run Open Food Facts project, visit https://world.openfoodfacts.org
In short, we're kind of "the Wikipedia of food", as many have nicknamed the project. Open Food Facts has enabled the creation of over 100 apps like Date Limite, Yuka or FoodVisor.
▶ Choose the products that are good for you
- The Nutri-Score grade, from "A" to "E" >> Nutritional quality
- The NOVA group, from "1" to "4" >> Find the Ultra-Processed food
▶ Contribute to Food Transparency
- Open Food Facts is a food products database made by everyone, for everyone.
- You can use it to make better food choices, and as it is open data, anyone can re-use it for any purpose.
- Open Food Facts is a non-profit project developed by thousands of volunteers from around the world. We have lots of exciting projects you can contribute to in many different ways.
- You can start contributing today by adding a product from your fridge.
▶ Get the Facts
- Open Food Facts helps you to make sense of the fine print on products labels. You will be able to find:
- carbon footprint (CO2 emissions) and packaging (as well as recycling instructions),
- Nutriscore (nutritional score), nutrients, fat / fat content, saturated fatty acids, carbohydrates, sugars, fiber, protein and salt and sodium.
- brands, allergens, labels (bio, gluten free, vegan, vegetarian, halal, kosher ...), traceability information (packaging codes, origins of ingredients)
- On wines and beers, you will find the alcohol content.
▶ Based on Science, helping back Science!
- We don't make up things. We rely on peer-reviewed science.
- The Nutri-Score has been created by the independent French team led by Professor Hercberg.
- The NOVA groups on food processing have been designed by the international team of Professor Monteiro.
- You can get a synthesis of EFSA exposure levels on food additives.
- The Open Food Facts community is collaborating with research teams across the planet to improve nutrition research that benefits all.
▶ Works well in any condition
- You can add new products, even if you don't have an Internet connection right now.
- The app loads only the strict necessary to reduce data and battery consumption
- You don't need a camera to look up a product. You can also type the barcode if you lack a camera or have an issue with it.
▶ Your food, your data
- Your data is yours, and is never sent online
- You can use the app anonymously
- You can export your scan history
▶ Set up allergen alerts on products
- Milk, Gluten, Eggs, Soybeans, Nuts, Fish, Celery, Mustard, Sulphur dioxide and sulphites, Peanuts, Sesame seeds, Crustaceans, Molluscs or Lupin allergy ?
- Speed up your shopping by doing an initial screening of your food with Open Food Facts.
- Be careful that the information may not be 100% accurate, and detection may not be 100% accurate. So always double check by yourself, with the packaging.
Open Food Facts is also available on the web at https://world.openfoodfacts.org
Questions, feedback : email@example.com