OsmAnd+ is the paid application version. By buying it you support the project, fund the development of new features, and receive the latest updates.
Some of the main features:
• Works online (fast) or offline (no roaming charges when you are abroad)
• Turn-by-turn voice guidance (recorded and synthesized voices)
• Optional lane guidance, street name display, and estimated time of arrival
• Supports intermediate points on your itinerary
• Automatic re-routing whenever you deviate from the route
• Search for places by address, by type (e.g.: restaurant, hotel, gas station, museum), or by geographical coordinates
• Display your position and orientation on the map
• Optionally align the map according to compass or your direction of motion
• Save your most important places as Favorites
• Display POIs (point of interests) around you
• Can display specialized online tile maps
• Can display satellite view (from Bing)
• Can display different overlays like touring/navigation GPX tracks and additional maps with customizable transparency
• Optionally display place names in English, local, or phonetic spelling
Use OpenStreetMap and Wikipedia Data
• High quality information from the best collaborative projects of the world
• Global maps from OpenStreetMap, available per country or region
• Wikipedia POIs, great for sightseeing
• Unlimited free download, directly from the app
• Always up-to-date maps (updated at least once a month)
• Compact offline vector maps
• Select between complete map data and just road network (Example: All of Japan is 700 MB, or 200 MB for the road network only)
• Also supports online or cached tile maps
• Optional automated day/night view switching
• Optional speed limit display, with reminder if you exceed it
• Optional speed-dependent map zooming
• Share your location so that your friends can find you
Bicycle and Pedestrian Features
• The maps include foot, hiking, and bike paths, great for outdoor activities
• Special routing and display modes for bike and pedestrian
• Optional public transport stops (bus, tram, train) including line names
• Optional trip recording to local GPX file or online service
• Optional speed and altitude display
• Display of contour lines and hill-shading (via additional plugin)
Directly Contribute to OpenStreetMap
• Report map bugs
• Upload GPX tracks to OSM directly from the app
• Add POIs and directly upload them to OSM (or later if offline)
• Optional trip recording also in background mode (while device is in sleep mode)
OsmAnd is open source and actively being developed. Everyone can contribute to the application by reporting bugs, improving translations, or coding new features. The project is in a lively state of continuous improvement by all these forms of developer and user interaction. The project progress also relies on financial contributions to fund the development, coding, and testing of new functionalities.
Approximate map coverage and quality:
• Western Europe: ****
• Eastern Europe: ***
• Russia: ***
• North America: ***
• South America: **
• Asia: **
• Japan & Korea: ***
• Middle East: **
• Africa: **
• Antarctica: *
Most countries around the globe available as map downloads!
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe,from Australia to the USA. Argentina, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, Mexico, UK, Spain, ...
GPS traces can then be exported in GPX format for later use with OpenStreetMap tools like JOSM, or uploaded directly to OpenStreetMap.
Tracks can be displayed over an OpenStreetMap background or with no background if you don't have a data plan.
Project page: http://osmtracker-android.googlecode.com/
Please visit the project page to report an issue or get more information.
Help translate OSMTracker: https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/osmtracker-android/
Source code: https://github.com/nguillaumin/osmtracker-android
• Fine location: Access the GPS
• Record audio: Record an audio tag
• Internet & network state: Display map background and upload to OpenStreetMap
• WiFi state: Get coarse location
• Write to SD card: GPX export
=> Easy to use Open Source Maps
=> No need to use Google maps
=> For all your Map Related Needs
=> GPS functionality for lookup your location on the map
=> You can choose and lookup any country u want to see easily
* Specify time intervals
* Specify distance intervals
* Cell phone tower or GPS satellites
* Log to GPX, KML, CSV or NMEA files
* Shows a notification
* Imperial display units
* Auto start on boot
* Auto send to email/FTP/DropBox/Google Docs/OpenStreetMap/OpenGTS at intervals
* OpenStreetMap - upload GPS traces
* Dropbox - upload GPX/KML/ZIP/TXT
* Google Docs - upload GPX/KML/ZIP/TXT
* OpenGTS - auto send or upload points
Bugs, feature requests, questions - please submit them to github.com/mendhak/gpslogger (issue tracker).
Translations - submit to http://crowdin.net/project/gpslogger-for-android/invite
GPSLogger is not a MyTracks replacement. MyTracks is meant for short use (as it has a lot of features running), GPSLogger is meant to last a long time.
A data connection is used by this app only if you use auto-email or OpenStreetMap or Dropbox features.
Although the app allows 0 second frequencies, it is not recommended as the recording and logging is happening very fast; this could cause instability/hangs. Try 1-3 seconds instead.
If there's a feature that you feel the app should have, you can submit a feature request on the github site.
***Explanation of permissions:
Storage - reading and writing files to the GPSLogger folder on your SD card
Network communication - used when uploading the files (Dropbox, Openstreetmap) or sending emails or authorizing you with Dropbox, Openstreetmap
Your location - used to determine your GPS or tower based location
System tools (automatically start at boot) - used if you choose to start GPSLogger on bootup
Your accounts - used when authorizing against Google Docs and when uploading to Google Docs
Most icons kindly provided by icons8.com
Use this app to get locations, directions and street view on your android devices. Switch between Google, Bing, Mapquest and OpenLayers (OpenStreetMap).
- App will start at your location if you have location services turned on.
- Search for a town, city or place using Google, Bing, Mapquest or OpenStreetMap.
- Get directions between two locations with Google maps
- Use Bing maps to get a birds eye view of a location*
- View street view for search locations*
- To get a location's street view. First use location search and then tap on the street view tab.
- While using directions you can tap on the directions panel to the top of the screen to get a list of directions and distances. If you tap on any of the locations on the list then close the panel you will be taken to that part of the directions.
- You can pinch the screen to zoom in and out of map views (except for MapQuest maps).
- Tap on the setting tab to select a different map provider.
- While using Bing maps go to maximum zoom to see a birds eye view of the area*.
For best results with this app please turn on wifi and location services.
*** Please first try the free edition of this app to see if it is compatible with your device. ***
* Not all countries and regions have Street View or birds eye view available. This app only provides Street View for the regions where it is available. Please enter a full zip/post code and make sure the pin is near a road to maximize street view performance.
+ Please note Bing and MapQuest are only available in the paid edition.
Available map layers:
• Topomaps worldwide (100K-500K worldwide seamless coverage)
• Google Maps (Satellite images, Road- and Terrain-Map)
• Open Street Maps (OSM Mapnik, Osmarender and Cloudemade Cyclemap)
This app gives you similar mapping options as you might know from Garmin or Magellan GPS handhelds.
Main features for Outdoor-Navigation:
• Create and edit Waypoints
• Track Recording (with speed and elevation profile)
• Tripmaster with fields for odometer, average speed, bearing, elevation, etc.
• GPX-Import / Export, KML-Export
• Search (placenames, POIs, streets)
• Customizable datafields in Map View and Tripmaster (e.g. Speed, Distance, Compass, ...)
• Bulk-download of map tiles for OFFLINE USAGE (NOT in free version)
• Waypoint-/Track-Sharing (via eMail, Facebook, ..)
• and many more ...
Soviet Military Maps is the perfect moving map app for offroad trips, adventure travels and expeditions. You are planning cross country trips to Sahara desert or a trekking tour to the Himalayas ? With the Russian topos you have always a great alternative to other map sources. Beneath the good topography the maps include many small trails and unpaved roads that are missing in other map sets.
The Russian maps have additional English labels.
Attention: The Soviet Military Maps were created mainly in the 80ies and are less interesting for industrialized countries. Outside Africa and Asia you'll find the OSM / Google map layers more useful.
Please note: This app does not provide direct "Turn-by-Turn" navigation - but with a selected waypoint you can easily switch to Google Navigation.
LIMITATIONS OF THE FREE VERSION:
• Max. 3 Waypoints
• Max. 3 Tracks
• No import of waypoints and tracks
• No Bulkdownload
• No Local City DB (Offline Search)
• No Hillshading Overlay
Please contact us if you have any questions, feature requests or bug reports regarding this app: email@example.com
You can browse the Soviet Military Maps here (only up to zoom level 12): http://www.topomapper.com
See the coverage of the different map scales: http://www.topomapper.com/images/topomapper-coverage.jpg
Scale 1:100.000 and 1:200.000 :
Europe, Afghanistan, Georgia, Japan, Kyrgyzstan, Morocco, Pakistan, Russia, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan
Scale 1:200.000 :
Afghanistan, Egypt, Algeria, Angola, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belarus, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Botswana, British Virgin Islands, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burma, Cambodia, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, China, Comoros, Ivory Coast, Cuba, Cyprus, Czech Republic, DR Congo (part), Djibouti, Eritrea, Estonia, Ethiopia, Falkland Islands, Finland, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya (part), Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Lithuania, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Mali, Mauritania, Moldova, Mongolia , Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nepal, Niger, Nigeria, North Korea, Oman, Pakistan, Philippines, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Slovakia, Somalia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sri Lanka , Sudan, Svalbard, Swaziland, Sweden, Syria, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Tanzania (part), Thailand, The Gambia, Togo, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Western Sahara, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Scale 1:250.000 (Local maps from USGS, Geoscience Australia, CTIO ):
USA, Canada, Australia
All other countries
Map legend and cyrillic alphabet:
You can download and use the whole world map with the "large map donate" version
(careful: size over 10GByte!)
We are looking for beta tester for the upcoming bicycle navigation mode,
contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you want better quality voice install:
report bugs to http://trac.zanavi.cc
you can add translations in your language at
meet us on IRC:
based on Navit
*) new drive-home widget (works only if the app is installed in phone, NOT sdcard)
*) slide from left to right to speak your destination
*) multipolygon support
*) index search [donate version only]
*) runs on JellyBean (Android 4.2)
*) support to show GPX files
*) Navigate to target from google maps
*) 3D mode
*) works offline (offline navigation)
*) world overview map
*) tunnels are visible on map
*) bridges visible on map
*) map turns with compass
*) map management (download/update/delete maps)
*) search offline OR online
*) spoken directions in many languages
*) uptodate OSM maps
*) follow mode OSD toggle button
*) oneway arrows [BETA]
*) select your language in the application
*) select search country
*) checksum downloaded mapfiles
*) announcer toggle
*) settings and menus translated
*) map preview on search results
*) last destination list (bookmarks)
*) add waypoints
*) show waypoints on map
*) configure map data directory
*) full world map download (special donate version!)
*) configure cache size
*) configure font size
*) change search radius for streets in towns
*) free zoom level with pinch zoom
*) enter coordinates (lat,lon) manually
*) switch off mapdisplay
1. Upload directly from applications to the OSM:
* from Google My Tracks (Share width friends...)
* from Cyanogen default OI File Manager(Send...)
* from AndExplorer (Send...)
* possible from any application which supports Share or Send GPX tracks
2. Define the source of your gpx traces (eg. a directory) and show the list about the new/uploaded tracks. Select the track and upload to the openstreetmap server.
3. Upload any file from your Android device
* Choose your GPX file, tag it and upload.
Tags: openstreetmap osm gpx upload track tracking
The minimum permissions required for the application (do not require access to your personal data, we do not refer to any data online).
Benefits Map of Lviv offline:
- Ease of Use
- Highly detailed maps are adapted to work with mobile devices
- Smooth operation with map
- Support for screen and tablet devices with high resolution screens
- Determine your location using GPS
- Send your GPS coordinates via SMS or Email or any other service to your friends
- Turn on online mode
Are you looking for Map of Ukraine? Install Smart Maps Offline from google play.
Smart Maps Offline is fast detailed offline maps of all countries of the world http://goo.gl/pQJ2o6
Mapping data based on OpenStreetMap © (http://www.openstreetmap.org) under license Creative Commons Attribution / Share Alike License
Mapping is provided based on the Esri ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Android
Almost every navigation software description starts with functions enumeration. In fact Navigation is maps, as everything or almost everything depends on map quality and use conditions. You are satisfied with the navigator just so much as the maps meet your tasks and needs. Usually publishers are “linked” to the data supplier that often determines the navigation quality. Meanwhile there are lots of map data types with different purpose, price, usage conditions, quality, and availability of extra services, based on such data and so on. There are drive aimed maps, as well as maps for pedestrians and bicycles, there are traffic information enabled maps, also there are some maps featuring detailed sightseeing information. All the above maps may be free of charge as well as payment based. The software enables choosing and rating maps from different sources and by different publishers, we have in our catalogue:
★ OSM maps – these are free of charge maps by OpenStreetMap project.
★ HERE maps – these are licensed maps by Nokia.
★ CityGuide maps – these are maps from local map makers; these maps are compiled and brought to the uniform standard. The major part of these maps is regularly revised and features traffic services. License terms and conditions are specified by the data owners and usually provide trial period and in some cases free of charge use in non-navigational mode.
All maps are provided with brief description and rating. You may choose and use maps from different sources; the software built-in catalogue will ensure map coverage of the actual user position. In other words you may simultaneously use different maps for the same country and region choosing those that suit you the best.
Traffic jams, navigational messages and updates
Another important feature of the gps navigator is instant navigational messaging service between drivers. Should you be a witness of a road accident, mobile station of traffic police, danger on the road, traffic jam, you may mark this event on the map. Information about all events will be automatically sent to all drivers of the region. Similarly you receive such messages from other drivers. Besides the software automatically gathers and sends to the server data about vehicle speed while you moving along your route. After this the data is processed on the cloud and sent back to the drivers who are involved in traffic data exchange as a traffic data containing file that enables generation of an optimal route allowing to bypass traffic jams. Some maps support revision service; it means that data about road circulation change, new restricting signs, speed limits etc. automatically received ensuring creation of quickest and safest route.
★ The navigator given with the whole navigational functions to work with a map, route creation, on route driving. You will find more detailed description of the navigator in our Google+ community https://plus.google.com/communities/106961068847641379802 . Here we only mention some key features.
★ The software enables choosing and using maps from different sources. In such a case you can choose the map that suits you the best.
★ The software uses lightweight vector maps and can be used in offline mode without web access. In online mode it generates very little traffic for updates and IM service.
★ The software uses high-efficiency map library featuring high speed rendering, 3D graphics and 3D models.
★ The software quickly generates routes.
★ The software generates the optimal route taking in account revised data and traffic. The driver may choose one of the alternate routes that are also generated by the software.
★ The software features improved search enabling search for address and POI using different criteria: search everywhere, search all, search address, search within region.
★ GeoNET navigator features unique communication functions - Push-To-Talk live chat, you can drive and talk with your friends on a map.
- downloading map for arbitrary area
- searching objects using object name or object type
- address search (by street name & house number)
- search by coordinates
- showing touristic places
- showing pubs in the selected area :)
- tracking location via GPS/WIFI/cellular
- share POI coordinates with friends via SMS
- add locations to the 'favorites'
- based on openstreemap & osmdroid
For a demo on using Breadcrumbs integration:
For help on preparing off-line maps checkout: