Using augmented reality, this app is fast and smooth, displaying information about the peaks near you. Position any peak within the cross hairs to see useful information, including peak name, height, distance from you, and also the difference in height from your current altitude.
Even if some peaks are behind others Peak Scanner still allows you to get details on them (obscured peaks are shown in grey).
You'll find Peak Scanner a much better experience than other apps of this type:
- fast start up time
- no finger taps required - just point!
- clean, easy to understand display that shows exactly what you want
- easy to use preferences to tailor the display
Peak Scanner includes data on mountain peaks from all over the world.
Database of British and Irish Hills (http://hills-database.co.uk)
OpenStreetMap contributors (http://www.openstreetmap.org)
Check out our Facebook page - just search "Peak Scanner Facebook"
Experience the intriguing panorama of the peaks surrounding you.
Have you ever wondered "What is the name of that prominent peak over there?” – find the answer simply by taking a look through the camera of your iPhone or Android device.
The advanced segmentation and display algorithms show you all peak names without obstructing the marvelous panorama.
Stagger even the greatest hiking buffs when showing off the fascinating panoramic view this application provides when standing on top of a mountain!
This app works on devices with a still camera and a magnetometer/accelerometer.
Get to know the hills and mountains around you just by using our app and your own smartphone’s camera.
The app Find the Hill will help you discover world hills and visualize their names on your mobile device. Using the camera in your smartphone, you can see the hill with it’s name, description, height and distance from your current location. A filter let’s you choose which hills will show up on the map according to the distance.
Find the Hill can recognize, which hill you’re currently standing on and also the sealevel of that point.
After clicking on any given hill, you can visualize it on the map screen, where your location and the hill’s location will be shown.
- more than 240 000 mapped world hills
- visualization of the hill’s location and distance from your current point
- possibility of working offline
- range settings for up to 20km
- display of given hill on the map and of the current location on the map screen
- display of your current latitude and longitude
- display of your current sealevel
- display of the current hill, on which you are standing
The app is optimized for Android mobile devices.
Support for tablets coming soon.
If you like our app, don’t forget to review and share it. Thank you
- Designation of few thousand peaks
- Handy radar to quickly locate points
- Slider to hide distant points
- GPS for positioning
Die Grundlage der App bildet eine zoombare, topografische Outdoorkarte im Maßstab 1:25.000. Die Karte ist online oder offline verfügbar und wird für den Alpenraum, je nach Jahreszeit, schneebedeckt oder im Sommergewand dargestellt. In den obersten Zoomstufen beinhaltet sie neben dem amtlichen Wegenetz sogar sämtliche Lifte und Pisten und einen Hangneigungsindikator. Sämtliche Hangpartien über 30° Neigung sind mit einer roten Schraffierung versehen. Die Karten können, losgelöst von der Tourendatenbank, überall im deutschen, österreichischen und Südtiroler Alpenraum zur Positionsbestimmung und Tourennavigation eingesetzt werden.
Da besonders im Gebirge die Mobilfunknetzabdeckung nicht immer ausreichend ist, können alle topografischen Karten auch offline gespeichert werden und funktionieren so völlig Netz unabhängig!
Das Herzstück der ORTOVOX BERGTOUREN APP ist die große, immer weiter wachsende Tourendatendank. Du kannst tausende Ski-, Snowboard-, Wander-, Hoch- und Biketouren sowie Freerideabfahrten oder Klettersteige nach den unterschiedlichsten Kriterien auswählen:
• Alphabetische Auflistung: Alle Touren werden in alphabetischer Reihenfolge angezeigt.
• Auflistung nach Entfernung: Die Tourenliste wird nach der Entfernung zum eigenen Standort sortiert
• Filterung nach Sportart: Alle Touren werden anhand verschiedener Kategorien angezeigt (Skitour, Schneeschuhtour, Freeride, Wandern, Hochtour, Klettersteig, MTB)
• Suche nach Ort: Eine Volltextsuche innerhalb der Listendarstellung ermöglicht eine Filterung der Touren nach dem Kriterium Ort
• Anforderung: Die Touren können nach Alphabet, Entfernung und Dauer der jeweiligen Tour sortiert werden
Zu jeder Tour kannst Du auch die Anfahrt planen - die ORTOVOX BERGTOUREN APP schließt sich und die Google-Maps App zeigt Dir automatisch den Weg zum Startpunkt der Tour an.
In den Tourenbeschreibungen erfährst Du alle wissenswerten Facts, kannst Bilder, das Höhenprofil und die Karte anschauen. Sobald Du eine Tour startest, siehst Du Dein Positionssignal in der topografischen Karte und folgst dem Routenverlauf.
Bereits zuhause oder auch unterwegs kannst Du künftig Deine eigenen Touren planen. Zuhause kannst Du im Tourenplaner unter ortovox.com mit der Maus die Wegstrecken der 1:25.000 Karten abfahren, Wegpunkte setzen, Beschreibungen ergänzen und gegebenenfalls Bilder hochladen.
Ähnliche Funktionen kannst Du auch in der App nutzen. Egal ob online oder offline, Du kannst in den topografischen Karten Wegpunkte setzen und Dir das Live-Höhenprofil der geplanten Tour anzeigen lassen.
Auch für Notfälle haben wir eine Hilfestellung parat. Mittels Notruffunktion kann eine Verbindung zur Rettungsstelle hergestellt werden. Zur möglichst genauen Positionsbestimmung werden Dir Deine Koordinaten auf dem Display angezeigt – Retter wissen so, wo sie suchen müssen.
Wer sich alles Wissenswerte zum Thema Lawine aneignen möchte, kann dies jederzeit offline mit dem umfangreichen Lawinenglossar von ORTOVOX machen. Hier erhältst Du alle Infos vom Grundlagenwissen über Risikomanagement bis hin zur Rettung.
ORTOVOX steht für Bergsport - Berge sind unsere Leidenschaft. Wir sind 365 Tage im Jahr im Gebirge unterwegs, sammeln Ideen für neue Produkte oder genießen einfach nur unseren Sport! Solltest Du Ideen oder Verbesserungsvorschläge zur App oder unseren Produkten haben, freuen wir uns auf Deine Nachricht: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ein wichtiger Hinweis:
3G-Empfang wird empfohlen. Achtung: Im Ausland können hohe Roamingkosten entstehen.
Bei Nutzung der App im Hintergrund bei aktiviertem GPS Empfang kann sich die Akkulaufzeit drastisch verkürzen!
• Self-contained worldwide database of place names, mountain/hill peaks, castles, ruins, and monuments*
• Advanced filtering by distance, bearing and marker type
• Adjustable compass
• Imperial/metric units
• Search by name
• Map view
• Custom markers*
• User guide
• No adverts
* Cities, towns, and villages are included for free. Mountain/hill peaks, castles, ruins, monuments, custom markers, and the snapshot feature are available as an in-app purchase. There are more than 213,000 peaks, 13,000 castles, 16,000 ruins, and 19,000 monuments in ViewPoint’s database.
See developer's website for more information and user guide ( http://www.planetcoops.com/apps/viewpoint/ViewPoint.pdf ).
ViewPoint is currently 21 MB in size. We recommend you download and install ViewPoint only when you have Wi-Fi access.
100% Offline & FREE World Map with POI databae.
App offer 2 kind of maps
- high resolution detailed online map - when connected to wifi
- less detailed map for offline use
Our World/Earth offline road map (route map) displays roads and transport and natural geographical information. Offline World map also shows non-automotive tourist routes, and detailed area around the cities.
You can use this map without data roaming, WIFI Connection and hidden costs!
★★★ All continents:
★ Africa is the world's second-largest and second-most-populous continent.
★ Asia is the world's largest and most populous continent, located primarily in the eastern and northern hemispheres.
★ Europe is, by convention, one of the world's seven continents.
★ North America
★ South America
★★★ 11 LANGUAGES supported:
English, german, french, russian, korean, portuguese, spanish, japanese, italian, chinese, thai
★★★ CITIES DATABASE
App contains cities database. Our search engine works with all languages, so you can use international or local name of the city.
- complete offline map with GPS geolocation (100% offline)
- currency converter: euro, british pound, US dollar, chinese Youan, Japanese Yen, Korean Won, Rupee, Russian Ruble (offline), Thai Bat, Indonesian Rupiah
- Phrase Book (Tourist dictionary)
- multilingual interface
- city finder - serch the map in any language!
- weather forrecast with offline mode
- hotels deals (online module) with motels & hostels included
- Things to do & trips
- Attraction Deals: museums, airport transports, walking tours, bike tours, national parks,, jungle, food discovery deals, scuba diving, River Cruise, adventure cruise, zoo safari, elephant riding, canoe tours, fishing tours, Wine Trails, Thai Boxing Match with Transfers, Speedboat Tours, Mountain Safari
- POI finder (like: police, motels, gas stations, airports)
- News reader with information from most popular newspapers
NOW amazing offline weather plugin included! 14 days weather forecast for every thai cities. Plugin works in offline mode. Detailed current weather with information about: conditions, temperature, humidity, pressure.
With our weather plugin you can set any city or region to get actual weather. Weather is available all the time in your phone in offline mode. It's realy nice because you don't need to pay for internet connection and roaming.
World is a common name for the whole of human civilization, specifically human experience, history, or the human condition in general, worldwide, i.e. anywhere on Earth.
In a theological context, world usually refers to the material or the profane sphere, as opposed to the celestial, spiritual, transcendent or sacred. The "end of the world" refers to scenarios of the final end of human history, often in religious contexts.
A continent is one of several very large landmasses on Earth. They are generally identified by convention rather than any strict criteria, with up to seven regions commonly regarded as continents. These are—from largest in size to smallest: Asia, Africa, North America, South America, Antarctica, Europe, and Australia
World history is commonly understood as spanning the major geopolitical developments of about five millennia, from the first civilizations to the present.
World population is the sum of all human populations at any time; similarly, world economy is the sum of the economies of all societies (all countries), especially in the context of globalization. Terms like world championship, gross world product, world flags etc. also imply the sum or combination of all current-day sovereign states.
In terms such as world religion, world language, and world war, world suggests international or intercontinental scope without necessarily implying participation of the entire world.
Features that have helped make Flightradar24 - Flight Tracker the #1 selling app in 100+ countries and the #1 Travel app in 140+ countries (United States, France, United Kingdom, Germany and more) include:
* Watch planes move in real-time on detailed map
* Identify planes flying overhead by simply pointing your device at the sky
* Experience what the pilot of a an aircraft sees in real-time and in 3D
* Tap on a plane for comprehensive flight and aircraft information such as route, estimated time of arrival, actual time of departure, aircraft type, speed, altitude, and high-resolution picture
* Easy to search for individual flights using flight number, airport, or airline
* Easy to filter by airline, aircraft, altitude, speed, and more
* Easy to set bookmarks to enable quick navigation to areas of interest
* Turn the device into the arrivals and departures board of any major airport and get real-time status updates for flights plus current airport weather conditions (in-app purchase)
* Realistic aircraft symbols (in-app purchase)
* Set up custom alerts based on airline, aircraft type, flight number or registration (in-app purchase)
HOW IT WORKS
Most aircraft are equipped with so called ADS-B transponders that transmit positional data. Flightradar24 has a rapidly growing network of several thousand ground stations around the world to receive this data that then shows up as aircraft moving on a map in the app. In an expanding number of regions Flightradar24, with the help of multilateration, is able to calculate the positions of aircraft that don’t have ADS-B transponders.
Traditional radar data is also used in the app thanks to a direct feed from the US Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
Minimum required screen resolution is 320x480px.
If you are only interested in tracking air traffic in a specific region, we suggest that you check Flightradar24.com BEFORE purchasing the app. Flightradar24 provides unrivaled positional aircraft data coverage around the world but there are areas where we don’t have coverage.
Overview of coverage as of December 2014:
* Europe: close to 100%
* North America: 100% of US and Canada via slightly delayed radar data. Real-time coverage for most of US, Canada and Mexico for ADS-B equipped aircraft
* South America: Substantial coverage in most countries including Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador and Venezuela.
* Asia: Substantial coverage in most major Asian countries including Japan, India, Indonesia, South Korea, Thailand, UAE, Malaysia, Taiwan and many other countries. Rapidly expanding coverage in China
* Oceania: Nearly complete coverage in Australia and New Zealand
* Africa: Substantial coverage in South Africa. Limited but growing coverage in the rest of the region
Find out how you can help:
Coverage is subject to change at any time.
CONNECT WITH FLIGHTRADAR24
Like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/flightradar24 and follow us on Twitter http://twitter.com/flightradar24 for the latest on Flightradar24.
HELP & SUPPORT
The use of this app is strictly limited to entertainment purposes. This specifically excludes activities that might endanger yourself or the lives of others. Under no circumstances will the developer of this app be held responsible for incidents resulting from the use of the data or its interpretation or its use contrary to this agreement. We reserve the right to anonymously track and report a user's activity inside of app.
KMLZ to Earth allows you to browse through your local files to select a KML or KMZ file to display in Google Earth. It also allows you to view your saved email attachments in Google Earth.
In the Explorer activity, if you browse to a directory containing images with location information,
* Tap the file icon to view the photo closely
* Tap the file name to create a KMZ file
* Tap "View images to create KMZ" to create a KMZ file with the locations and images from multiple photos
In your email application, save the KML or KMZ file, and then tap it again to choose to view it with KMLZ to Earth.
Since Google Earth for Android doesn't seem to have published limits on file sizes, your success with files larger than 4MB may vary. Large files cause Google Earth to to load slowly, or if they are too large, not display them entirely. If this occurs, try to reduce the size of the images used or the number of images selected to create smaller KMZ files.
The size of the images shown in Google Earth decreases progressively as the total size of images are selected, in order to keep the total file size small enough to view on Google Earth for Android.
When creating a KMZ file, each image containing location information is shown as a thumbnail, along with the image name, time taken, resolution and size. Thumbnails can be tapped for a larger preview of the image. All, none, or individual files can be selected to create a KMZ file from images in one directory.
DO NOT PUT SPACES OR OTHER STRANGE CHARACTERS IN FILE NAMES! LETTER, NUMBER, UNDERSCORE, PERIOD, AND HYPHEN CHARACTERS ALLOWED. ANY ILLEGAL CHARACTERS WILL BE REPLACED WITH UNDERSCORES.
File names must end in ".jpg", ".kml", ".kmz" to be visible to view in KMLZ to Earth, and capitalization does not matter.
Files that you select to view are copied to the "Home" directory, typically /mnt/sdcard/kmlz. WARNING! Any file that does not end in ".kml" or ".kmz" will be deleted automatically from this directory, or when you choose to use Menu, Clear Home, and confirm.
The Home button will take you quickly to the /mnt/sdcard/kmlz directory (or a similar path) to see which files you have previously viewed, and view them again.
This app can't be set as default for any action, if you try, then it will reset itself. This ensures you the choice of action always and prevents a possible undesirable loop.
If experiencing problems with Google Earth, use the Menu, Manage Earth, and either Force Stop, Clear Data, or Clear Cache. Clear Cache is very helpful to get accurate results if you are testing the same file name multiple times.
Likewise, if experiencing problems with KMLZ to Earth, use the Menu, Manage KMZL, and either Force Stop, Clear Data, or Clear Cache.
This application runs a web server on your device at http://localhost:8001/ to serve pages from it's "Home" directory to Google Earth. In order to do this, it will have a running process in the background. A notification will be issued to remind you that this process is running. If you view the notification, then you return to the application, where pressing back will allow you to terminate the application and the background web server process.
Supports Find direction/Navigate/Store Locations(Address).
* Requires Google Maps 4.2.0 or higher.
* Navigation Feature requires Google Maps 4.2.0 and Android 1.6 or higher.
Check out future release schedule:
If you have viewed google location history on the phone, you will feel more convenient while using the AP.
If you didn't have used google location history, you can go to here to see it:
Please open your google location reporting, then you will have location reporting data.
How to open your google location reporting, please see the web site:
tag: google, history, location, location history, latitude
"Field Trip can help guide the way..." - AllThingsD
"The future of Augmented Reality" - The Atlantic
Field Trip is your guide to the cool, hidden, and unique things in the world around you. Field Trip runs in the background on your phone. When you get close to something interesting, it pops up a card with details about the location. No click is required. If you have a headset or bluetooth connected, it can even read the info to you.
Field Trip can help you learn about everything from local history to the latest and best places to shop, eat, and have fun. You select the local feeds you like and the information pops up on your phone automatically, as you walk next to those places.
The hyperlocal history experts of Arcadia and Historvius will unveil local lore in places you never expected. Trend-setting publications like TimeOut, Thrillist, Spotted by Locals, Zagat, and Eater will point out the best places to eat and drink. Experts at Sunset, Cool Hunting, WeHeart, Inhabitat, and Remodelista will guide you to the latest unique stores and products. Atlas Obscura, Dezeen and Spotted by Locals help you uncover hidden gems no matter where you are. Songkick and Flavorpill guide you to local music.
What did you discover today? Enrich yourself with a Field trip during your commute. Live like a local when you travel to new places. Eat and shop off the beaten path. Or simply discover the obscure history about your neighborhood during your next walk to the park.
Get ready to see this world with new eyes!
NOTE: This app is optimized for smartphones, not tablets.
★ Discover thousands of interesting places/experiences that fall under the following categories: Architecture, Historic Places & Events, Lifestyle, Offers & Deals, Food Drinks & Fun, Movie Locations, Outdoor Art and Obscure Places of Interest around you.
★ Choose from three different modes to set frequency of Field Trip notifications. See “Field Trip” worthy places around you on a map, by tapping on cards in map view to pull up enthralling points of interest around you.
★ Go on a Field Trip while you drive. Field Trip can detect when you’re driving and automatically “talk” about interesting places and experience around you.
★ Came across an amazing story or restaurant? Mark it as a favorite to easily come back to it at any point.
★ Capture the memory of a special place, by sharing a wondrous discovery through email and social networks such as Google+, Twitter and Facebook.
★ Wondering where the gem that you recently discovered is? Find your discovered field trip cards in the “recent’ section.
For more information about how to use Field Trip, visit our help center at http://support.google.com/fieldtrip
Follow us on:
Tools included: compass with magnetic and true north, leveling tool, mark or share your location and navigate back later using the Radar.
Keep your GPS fast: reset it or download A-GPS data regularly for faster fixes.
Visit the FAQ at: http://mobiwia.com/gpsstatus
GPS Status is 100% space proof. Try to spot the program in the promo video :)
- show/store/edit/export multiple waypoints and use them on the Radar for navigation.
- pressure, rotation, temperature, humidity values (if supported by the device)
- removed ads
- Location: We need this to display your location and allows the program to re-download AGPS data or reset the GPS.
- External storage: required by the PRO version to be able to export the stored waypoints to an external file.
- Internet: Used by the advertisement component. The PRO version does not use the internet connection at all.
KNOWN FIRMWARE ISSUES (please do not report them):
- Galaxy S4 on Verizon: Because of a firmware bug, the notification item in GPS Status can't be removed. You need to disable the notification feature in Settings if this annoys you.
- Droid 3: The initial Droid 3 firmware does not implement the satellite status API so you will not see the satellites and the signal strength bars. The rest of the features should work properly.
- Motorola phones: On some phones, turning your phone to airplane mode will turn off the GPS receiver, too. This is a hardware limitation.
- Droid Charge: Reports 0 altitude.
- LG Optimus: The phone cannot report the satellite SNR values correctly (all signal bars will be maxed out).
- Samsung phones: Because of a firmware bug, they may report extreme battery consumption for GPS Status even if it is not running at all (other programs using sensors are affected too). This is harmless and no power is consumed! Just ignore it and let's hope that a future firmware upgrade will fix this on your phone.
- Nexus One/S: With Andoid 2.3 it cannot report NMEA sentences. This means that the DOP/HDOP/VDOP values are not available.
-- MobiWIA - a cooperation with Andrs Studio --
*Offline Augmented Reality in the Alps*
(France, Switzerland, Austria, Italy, Germany, Lichtenstein, Slovenia, Monaco)
See what's near you where you travel in the Alps: Mountains, Lakes, Places, Buildings, etc. You don't even have to be nearby the Alps: You can manually set your location to a place in the Alps to pretend you are there. Decide if you want to see places nearby, or famous cities around the world.
Works everywhere: By the sea, in the mountains, in the city. Without the internet, without coverage.
Turn the phone sideways to view on the camera screen the places that are nearby. Take a picture of what you see, and send it by email, or post it on facebook, directly from the App!
You can also add your own places!
In Sight The Alps is also an altimeter, speedometer and also estimates the distance you've traveled. Choose between metric (km, meter) or imperial (miles, feet) units.
All data is built into the App, so you don't need internet. You only need internet when you use the map or send a picture on email or post it on facebook.
In Sight The Alps relies on the compass and GPS of your device. Best results are achieved if you are outside.
Source: ws.geonames.org under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/)