Using augmented reality, this app is fast and smooth, displaying information about the peaks near you. Position any peak within the cross hairs to see useful information, including peak name, height, distance from you, and also the difference in height from your current altitude.
Even if some peaks are behind others Peak Scanner still allows you to get details on them (obscured peaks are shown in grey).
You'll find Peak Scanner a much better experience than other apps of this type:
- fast start up time
- no finger taps required - just point!
- clean, easy to understand display that shows exactly what you want
- easy to use preferences to tailor the display
Peak Scanner includes data on mountain peaks from all over the world.
Database of British and Irish Hills (http://hills-database.co.uk)
OpenStreetMap contributors (http://www.openstreetmap.org)
Check out our Facebook page - just search "Peak Scanner Facebook"
Experience the intriguing panorama of the peaks surrounding you.
Have you ever wondered "What is the name of that prominent peak over there?” – find the answer simply by taking a look through the camera of your iPhone or Android device.
The advanced segmentation and display algorithms show you all peak names without obstructing the marvelous panorama.
Stagger even the greatest hiking buffs when showing off the fascinating panoramic view this application provides when standing on top of a mountain!
This app works on devices with a still camera and a magnetometer/accelerometer.
Features that have helped make Flightradar24 - Flight Tracker the #1 selling app in 100+ countries and the #1 Travel app in 140+ countries (United States, France, United Kingdom, Germany and more) include:
* Watch planes move in real-time on detailed map
* Identify planes flying overhead by simply pointing your device at the sky
* Experience what the pilot of a an aircraft sees in real-time and in 3D
* Tap on a plane for comprehensive flight and aircraft information such as route, estimated time of arrival, actual time of departure, aircraft type, speed, altitude, and high-resolution picture
* Easy to search for individual flights using flight number, airport, or airline
* Easy to filter by airline, aircraft, altitude, speed, and more
* Easy to set bookmarks to enable quick navigation to areas of interest
* Turn the device into the arrivals and departures board of any major airport and get real-time status updates for flights plus current airport weather conditions (in-app purchase)
* Realistic aircraft symbols (in-app purchase)
* Set up custom alerts based on airline, aircraft type, flight number or registration (in-app purchase)
HOW IT WORKS
Most aircraft are equipped with so called ADS-B transponders that transmit positional data. Flightradar24 has a rapidly growing network of several thousand ground stations around the world to receive this data that then shows up as aircraft moving on a map in the app. In an expanding number of regions Flightradar24, with the help of multilateration, is able to calculate the positions of aircraft that don’t have ADS-B transponders.
Traditional radar data is also used in the app thanks to a direct feed from the US Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
Minimum required screen resolution is 320x480px.
If you are only interested in tracking air traffic in a specific region, we suggest that you check Flightradar24.com BEFORE purchasing the app. Flightradar24 provides unrivaled positional aircraft data coverage around the world but there are areas where we don’t have coverage.
Overview of coverage as of December 2014:
* Europe: close to 100%
* North America: 100% of US and Canada via slightly delayed radar data. Real-time coverage for most of US, Canada and Mexico for ADS-B equipped aircraft
* South America: Substantial coverage in most countries including Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador and Venezuela.
* Asia: Substantial coverage in most major Asian countries including Japan, India, Indonesia, South Korea, Thailand, UAE, Malaysia, Taiwan and many other countries. Rapidly expanding coverage in China
* Oceania: Nearly complete coverage in Australia and New Zealand
* Africa: Substantial coverage in South Africa. Limited but growing coverage in the rest of the region
Find out how you can help:
Coverage is subject to change at any time.
CONNECT WITH FLIGHTRADAR24
Like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/flightradar24 and follow us on Twitter http://twitter.com/flightradar24 for the latest on Flightradar24.
HELP & SUPPORT
The use of this app is strictly limited to entertainment purposes. This specifically excludes activities that might endanger yourself or the lives of others. Under no circumstances will the developer of this app be held responsible for incidents resulting from the use of the data or its interpretation or its use contrary to this agreement. We reserve the right to anonymously track and report a user's activity inside of app.
- Designation of few thousand peaks
- Handy radar to quickly locate points
- Slider to hide distant points
- GPS for positioning
✭✭✭✭✭ WINNER: Audience Pick, LAUNCH conference, Autumn 2011
"Gorgeous" - GigaOm
"It’s the ultimate scouting tool that every photographer will want to have with them everywhere they go." - Thomas Hawk
"This is a beautiful, well-crafted app that isn’t like anything else I’ve seen yet. It’s for people who want to explore the earth, or who want to photograph it." - Robert Scoble
Video preview at: http://www.StuckOnEarthApp.com
➤ Discover millions of amazing places to visit - the best of the best.
➤ A smart algorithm chooses the best locations and photos based on a combination of crowdsourcing and curation.
➤ A wonderful map interface that allows you to zoom into any level in any country to find the best places to visit.
➤ No ideas for future trips or places to photograph? Try our countless Top 50 Lists to get inspired!
➤ Create trips for the future: "Florida in 2014" or "Wine escapade in France, le sigh!"
➤ All saved trips are available offline, since I know when you are on the road, connectivity can be tough.
➤ A customized experienced based on your personality type - Photographer, Explorer, or Daydreamer.
➤ Professional voice actress, Karen Hutton, serves as your personal travel guide.
➤ A thriving community where you can submit your own geo-located photos.
➤ Have an idea for a Top 50 List? Let our editors know in the Stuck On Earth community in Flickr!
About Me and the App:
Hello, I'm Trey. I'm the guy that made this app.
I believe that one of the great purposes of life is to have as many awesome experiences as possible. To fill your life with stories -- this is a wonderful goal. To this end, I created this app very much for myself. I am a travel photographer, and I run the #1 travel photography blog in the world at StuckInCustoms.com -- so this is an area where I have a lot of experience.
There is a big problem that this app solves for me, personally. I have limited time, and I want the best information about where to visit and what I will see, generally, when I get there. When most people look at travel guides, they simply look for the pretty pictures and think, "I want to go THERE." This takes that experience to the next order of magnitude, and makes it all extremely practical with Trip-Planning.
Even if you don't travel, you still want to find interesting places to see and experience within a short drive of your home. Or maybe there are hidden gems right in your very town that you've never discovered. Because our algorithm is a cool mix of crowdsourcing plus human-curated lists, you'll see some really good results.
All in One:
So, this is it, Stuck on Earth. You don't need to use multiple apps, webpages, and other resources to plan your trip. All the countries, cities, and rural areas of the world are in here -- all in one place. Add photos to your trip, and they'll be available offline. Everything you need is right here in this app. Thanks, and enjoy!
Have a question or found a bug? Email us at email@example.com
Get to know the hills and mountains around you just by using our app and your own smartphone’s camera.
The app Find the Hill will help you discover world hills and visualize their names on your mobile device. Using the camera in your smartphone, you can see the hill with it’s name, description, height and distance from your current location. A filter let’s you choose which hills will show up on the map according to the distance.
Find the Hill can recognize, which hill you’re currently standing on and also the sealevel of that point.
After clicking on any given hill, you can visualize it on the map screen, where your location and the hill’s location will be shown.
- more than 240 000 mapped world hills
- visualization of the hill’s location and distance from your current point
- possibility of working offline
- range settings for up to 20km
- display of given hill on the map and of the current location on the map screen
- display of your current latitude and longitude
- display of your current sealevel
- display of the current hill, on which you are standing
The app is optimized for Android mobile devices.
Support for tablets coming soon.
If you like our app, don’t forget to review and share it. Thank you
- Explore new places
- Download cycling and hiking maps for offline use
- Plan your geocaching adventure
- Save you favorite routes and places
- Save your battery with smart GPS system
- Import your own tracks and points
- Enjoy new and improved features every month
and much more
“There’s no question that Locus is an outstanding Android map app. It works as it should, the interface is clean, map selection is good, and feature set is solid. “ androgeoid.com
“This app is very impressive in terms of the amount of options, functions, maps and other cool stuff that it has to offer.” androidpit.com
AndroidPIT silver badge
Do you like hiking, cycling, running or backpacking? Or any other outdoor activity like backcountry skiing? Locus Map is for you. Download it for free today!
Most notable features of Locus Map:
➤ Online maps
- USGS, GSI, Openstreetmap, MapQuest, Visicom, Kapsi.fi, Turistautak, SHOCart, SmartMaps, Freemap, SledMap, Skoterleder, , Navigasi, Turaterkep, NzTopoMaps, Osmapa.pl, ChartBundle and more
- most of them are downloadable for offline viewing
- full WMS maps support
➤ Offline maps
- download online maps for offline use
- vector maps for drivers, hikers, cyclists and skiers - downloadable by in-app purchase
- supported formats: SQLite, TAR maps, MBT maps, GEMF, RMAP, Orux, SmartMaps
- create your own maps from OpenStreetMap data or custom themes
- for an address, coordinates, points of interests and local photos
- for local places with Google Places and Wikipedia
➤ Point of interest (POI) & Tracks
- handle unlimited number of Points of interests and tracks
create your own points of interests and tracks
organize to categories
- use Geocaching Live! service and add-ons to get full offline experience when you search for caches
- waypoints, PocketQuery, trackables, spoilers supported
- Do you have Groundspeak premium membership? Enjoy unlimited support for geocaching.com. You don’t have it? With Locus Map Free, Pro and its addons you can download 3 caches a day or import them from somewhere else.
➤ Track record
- record the way you want
- custom themes for maps – color changing with altitude or with speed
- support for ANT+ sensors
➤ Voice navigation & voice guide
- full support for Online voice navigation
- voice & notification guiding on single waypoint (by compass or on the map) and along the route
- integration of GPS’s, Breadcrumbs, Trainingstagebuch, Street View, Google Earth and others
- KML, KMZ, GPX, OpenAir, DXF support (export)
- smart GPS usage that saves your battery
- satellite screens with current weather situation
- GPS status notification
- Bluetooth GPS support
➤ Highly customizable
- set everything the way you want and need
➤ Integration of Google My Maps (reading and editing)
➤ POI alert
➤ Fully customizable trip computer (dashboard)
➤ Ability to use apps like c:geo, Sygic, GPS status and others directly from Locus
➤ API for developers
➤ Try one of our existing 3rd party add-ons
- for geocaching: Geocaching4Locus, GeoGet database, GSAK database
- others: Augmented reality, Foursquare, etc.
Is cycling, hiking, running or backpacking your thing? You’ll love Locus Map!
Download the free version now or buy the PRO version to gain access to premium features.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
• Multiple global online maps:
MapQuest, Open Street Maps (Cycle, Public Transport), Bing, Yandex, Ovi/Nokia, OpenSeaMap.
• Multiple regional online maps:
USGS Topo, NOAA RNC Charts (US), Canada Toporama, Ordnance Survey UK (Explorer, NPE, 1st Edition, 7th Series), OutdoorActive (Germany, Austria, South Tyrol), Esri (Topo, Physical, Imagery, National Geographic, Oceans), HikeBikeMap (Germany), UMP-pcPL, Trail.pl (Poland), GSI (Japan), NearMap (Australia), New Zealand Topo and many other maps.
All maps automatically cached for offline use. Use Mobile Atlas Creator to download maps or MAPC2MAPC to convert maps from other formats.
Since version 2.0 you can add custom map servers.
• Share your current or planned position
You can send address, GPS coordinates, link to Google Maps and even map image.
• Navigate easily
Build-in radar shows the direction, distance and estimated time to a point of interest. See all the nearest locations from FourSquare and Footprints.
• Find your way back
Trackback function will guide you along a previously recorded track with compass pointing to a nearest point. A new track can be recorded at the same time.
• Challenge yourself
Turn on Trackback and timer to watch your previous position correlated with the current time on track.
• Save places you visit
All waypoint stored in KML file and can be viewed and edited in Google Earth.
• Record tracks with single tap
Tracks are recorded in GPX format and can be viewed in Google Earth and other software. Share GPX files via email or DropBox.
• Upload tracks to GPSies
Free account is required for uploading.
• Trip Computer
Watch speed, altitude, pitch and many other values.
• Support for Honeycomb, Ice Cream Sandwich and KitKat.
• Ability to use barometer sensor in Galaxy Nexus and other devices.
Only in Pro version:
• Trackback feature
• Unlimited waypoints and tracks
• Multiple files with waypoints
• Lock compass to bearing
• UTM and OSGB grids
• Custom map servers
• FourSquare and Wikipedia support
Download topo maps for the US and many other countries in advance, so you won't need cell coverage for navigation. Use storage memory for maps.
Use GPS waypoints from GPX or KML files, or enter your own coordinates using longitude/latitude, UTM, MGRS, or grid reference. Using GOTO makes a waypoint a locus for navigation.
This uses many publicly available map sources as free downloads. Some additional content available as an in app purchase:
-Accuterra Topo Map Source for $19.99/year. This can be purchased and used with or in instead of the free sources.
-Digital Globe Subscription allows offline storage of high res satellite imagery for much of the world.
- Boundary maps for 12 western states from the Bureau of Land Management(BLM) Overlay for topo maps valued by hunters.
-GMU boundaries in some states
-Lake Contours in several states.
-Content from US TrailMaps including:
-ATV, Whitewater, and Equestrian Trail Maps
See the menu under More-> "Purchasing AddOns". They can be shown on top of topo maps.
You may try the DEMO version to make sure you like the maps in your country.
About topo (topographic) maps: Topo maps show terrain through color and contours, and are useful for navigation offroad. Topo maps and GPS can be used for hiking, hunting, kayaking, snowshoeing, & backpacker trails.
You can create your own maps with Mobile Atlas Creator, or specify a custom tile server. Built in sources include:
OpenStreetMaps from MapQuest
OpenCycleMaps showing terrain worldwide
US Topo Maps from Caltopo and the USGS
USTopo: Aerial Photography with markup.
Canada Topo Maps from Toporama
Marine maps: NOAA RNC Nautical Charts (coastal)
USGS Color Aerial photography
Topographic Maps of Spain and Italy
Topo maps of New Zealand
Japan GSI maps.
Many of the above sources are generally free to use.
Use offline topo maps and GPS on hiking trails without cell service. The GPS in your Android phone can get its position from GPS satellites, and you don’t have to rely on your data plan to get maps. Have more fun and safe GPS navigation in the backcountry.
Use as a geocaching navigator by getting a pocket query as GPX.
Besides geocaching, use GPS for recording tracks and GPS waypoints on your trip, all the while tracking your GPS quest on topographic maps. It may replace your Garmin handheld GPS.
Here are some of the outdoor GPS activities BackCountry Navigator has been used for:
As a hiking GPS both on hiking trails and off trail.
Camping trips to find that perfect camping site or the way back to camp with GPS.
Hunting trips for hunting wild game in rugged areas.
Doing recon for a hunt or as your hunting GPS
Fishing: make it your fishing GPS.
Search and Rescue (SAR).
Trekking the Pacific Crest trail or other long term hiking.
Kayak and canoe treks on inland lakes and streams or marine, coastal waters.
Backpacker trips: using topo maps of wilderness areas and national forests for navigation on trails with the GPS in your rucksack or backpack.
Snow sports including snowmobiling, skiing and snowshoeing.
Find your own ways to have fun in the outdoors. Be a maverick by venturing beyond cell service boundaries with your GPS. Become a pro at navigation with GPS for the outdoors.
BackCountry Navigator has been on WM devices and preloaded on the Trimble Nomad outdoor rugged device. This Android version is more flexible, featured, and fun. Create a memory with maps.
For a one time fee, this a great addition to the outdoor gear you bought at Cabelas, REI, or another outdoor store. Many have found the Android GPS in a phone or tablet to substitute for a Garmin GPS or Magellan GPS, such as the Garmin GPS units Montana, Etrex, or Oregon. Android can be your handheld GPS.
Supports Find direction/Navigate/Store Locations(Address).
* Requires Google Maps 4.2.0 or higher.
* Navigation Feature requires Google Maps 4.2.0 and Android 1.6 or higher.
Check out future release schedule:
KMLZ to Earth allows you to browse through your local files to select a KML or KMZ file to display in Google Earth. It also allows you to view your saved email attachments in Google Earth.
In the Explorer activity, if you browse to a directory containing images with location information,
* Tap the file icon to view the photo closely
* Tap the file name to create a KMZ file
* Tap "View images to create KMZ" to create a KMZ file with the locations and images from multiple photos
In your email application, save the KML or KMZ file, and then tap it again to choose to view it with KMLZ to Earth.
Since Google Earth for Android doesn't seem to have published limits on file sizes, your success with files larger than 4MB may vary. Large files cause Google Earth to to load slowly, or if they are too large, not display them entirely. If this occurs, try to reduce the size of the images used or the number of images selected to create smaller KMZ files.
The size of the images shown in Google Earth decreases progressively as the total size of images are selected, in order to keep the total file size small enough to view on Google Earth for Android.
When creating a KMZ file, each image containing location information is shown as a thumbnail, along with the image name, time taken, resolution and size. Thumbnails can be tapped for a larger preview of the image. All, none, or individual files can be selected to create a KMZ file from images in one directory.
DO NOT PUT SPACES OR OTHER STRANGE CHARACTERS IN FILE NAMES! LETTER, NUMBER, UNDERSCORE, PERIOD, AND HYPHEN CHARACTERS ALLOWED. ANY ILLEGAL CHARACTERS WILL BE REPLACED WITH UNDERSCORES.
File names must end in ".jpg", ".kml", ".kmz" to be visible to view in KMLZ to Earth, and capitalization does not matter.
Files that you select to view are copied to the "Home" directory, typically /mnt/sdcard/kmlz. WARNING! Any file that does not end in ".kml" or ".kmz" will be deleted automatically from this directory, or when you choose to use Menu, Clear Home, and confirm.
The Home button will take you quickly to the /mnt/sdcard/kmlz directory (or a similar path) to see which files you have previously viewed, and view them again.
This app can't be set as default for any action, if you try, then it will reset itself. This ensures you the choice of action always and prevents a possible undesirable loop.
If experiencing problems with Google Earth, use the Menu, Manage Earth, and either Force Stop, Clear Data, or Clear Cache. Clear Cache is very helpful to get accurate results if you are testing the same file name multiple times.
Likewise, if experiencing problems with KMLZ to Earth, use the Menu, Manage KMZL, and either Force Stop, Clear Data, or Clear Cache.
This application runs a web server on your device at http://localhost:8001/ to serve pages from it's "Home" directory to Google Earth. In order to do this, it will have a running process in the background. A notification will be issued to remind you that this process is running. If you view the notification, then you return to the application, where pressing back will allow you to terminate the application and the background web server process.
100% Offline & FREE World Map with POI databae.
App offer 2 kind of maps
- high resolution detailed online map - when connected to wifi
- less detailed map for offline use
Our World/Earth offline road map (route map) displays roads and transport and natural geographical information. Offline World map also shows non-automotive tourist routes, and detailed area around the cities.
You can use this map without data roaming, WIFI Connection and hidden costs!
★★★ All continents:
★ Africa is the world's second-largest and second-most-populous continent.
★ Asia is the world's largest and most populous continent, located primarily in the eastern and northern hemispheres.
★ Europe is, by convention, one of the world's seven continents.
★ North America
★ South America
★★★ 11 LANGUAGES supported:
English, german, french, russian, korean, portuguese, spanish, japanese, italian, chinese, thai
★★★ CITIES DATABASE
App contains cities database. Our search engine works with all languages, so you can use international or local name of the city.
- complete offline map with GPS geolocation (100% offline)
- currency converter: euro, british pound, US dollar, chinese Youan, Japanese Yen, Korean Won, Rupee, Russian Ruble (offline), Thai Bat, Indonesian Rupiah
- Phrase Book (Tourist dictionary)
- multilingual interface
- city finder - serch the map in any language!
- weather forrecast with offline mode
- hotels deals (online module) with motels & hostels included
- Things to do & trips
- Attraction Deals: museums, airport transports, walking tours, bike tours, national parks,, jungle, food discovery deals, scuba diving, River Cruise, adventure cruise, zoo safari, elephant riding, canoe tours, fishing tours, Wine Trails, Thai Boxing Match with Transfers, Speedboat Tours, Mountain Safari
- POI finder (like: police, motels, gas stations, airports)
- News reader with information from most popular newspapers
NOW amazing offline weather plugin included! 14 days weather forecast for every thai cities. Plugin works in offline mode. Detailed current weather with information about: conditions, temperature, humidity, pressure.
With our weather plugin you can set any city or region to get actual weather. Weather is available all the time in your phone in offline mode. It's realy nice because you don't need to pay for internet connection and roaming.
World is a common name for the whole of human civilization, specifically human experience, history, or the human condition in general, worldwide, i.e. anywhere on Earth.
In a theological context, world usually refers to the material or the profane sphere, as opposed to the celestial, spiritual, transcendent or sacred. The "end of the world" refers to scenarios of the final end of human history, often in religious contexts.
A continent is one of several very large landmasses on Earth. They are generally identified by convention rather than any strict criteria, with up to seven regions commonly regarded as continents. These are—from largest in size to smallest: Asia, Africa, North America, South America, Antarctica, Europe, and Australia
World history is commonly understood as spanning the major geopolitical developments of about five millennia, from the first civilizations to the present.
World population is the sum of all human populations at any time; similarly, world economy is the sum of the economies of all societies (all countries), especially in the context of globalization. Terms like world championship, gross world product, world flags etc. also imply the sum or combination of all current-day sovereign states.
In terms such as world religion, world language, and world war, world suggests international or intercontinental scope without necessarily implying participation of the entire world.
Tools included: compass with magnetic and true north, leveling tool, mark or share your location and navigate back later using the Radar.
Keep your GPS fast: reset it or download A-GPS data regularly for faster fixes.
Visit the FAQ at: http://mobiwia.com/gpsstatus
GPS Status is 100% space proof. Try to spot the program in the promo video :)
- show/store/edit/export multiple waypoints and use them on the Radar for navigation.
- pressure, rotation, temperature, humidity values (if supported by the device)
- removed ads
- Location: We need this to display your location and allows the program to re-download AGPS data or reset the GPS.
- External storage: required by the PRO version to be able to export the stored waypoints to an external file.
- Internet: Used by the advertisement component. The PRO version does not use the internet connection at all.
KNOWN FIRMWARE ISSUES (please do not report them):
- Galaxy S4 on Verizon: Because of a firmware bug, the notification item in GPS Status can't be removed. You need to disable the notification feature in Settings if this annoys you.
- Droid 3: The initial Droid 3 firmware does not implement the satellite status API so you will not see the satellites and the signal strength bars. The rest of the features should work properly.
- Motorola phones: On some phones, turning your phone to airplane mode will turn off the GPS receiver, too. This is a hardware limitation.
- Droid Charge: Reports 0 altitude.
- LG Optimus: The phone cannot report the satellite SNR values correctly (all signal bars will be maxed out).
- Samsung phones: Because of a firmware bug, they may report extreme battery consumption for GPS Status even if it is not running at all (other programs using sensors are affected too). This is harmless and no power is consumed! Just ignore it and let's hope that a future firmware upgrade will fix this on your phone.
- Nexus One/S: With Andoid 2.3 it cannot report NMEA sentences. This means that the DOP/HDOP/VDOP values are not available.
-- MobiWIA - a cooperation with Andrs Studio --