Using augmented reality, this app is fast and smooth, displaying information about the peaks near you. Position any peak within the cross hairs to see useful information, including peak name, height, distance from you, and also the difference in height from your current altitude.
Even if some peaks are behind others Peak Scanner still allows you to get details on them (obscured peaks are shown in grey).
You'll find Peak Scanner a much better experience than other apps of this type:
- fast start up time
- no finger taps required - just point!
- clean, easy to understand display that shows exactly what you want
- easy to use preferences to tailor the display
Peak Scanner includes data on mountain peaks from all over the world.
Database of British and Irish Hills (http://hills-database.co.uk)
OpenStreetMap contributors (http://www.openstreetmap.org)
Check out our Facebook page - just search "Peak Scanner Facebook"
Experience the intriguing panorama of the peaks surrounding you.
Have you ever wondered "What is the name of that prominent peak over there?” – find the answer simply by taking a look through the camera of your iPhone or Android device.
The advanced segmentation and display algorithms show you all peak names without obstructing the marvelous panorama.
Stagger even the greatest hiking buffs when showing off the fascinating panoramic view this application provides when standing on top of a mountain!
This app works on devices with a still camera and a magnetometer/accelerometer.
Get to know the hills and mountains around you just by using our app and your own smartphone’s camera.
The app Find the Hill will help you discover world hills and visualize their names on your mobile device. Using the camera in your smartphone, you can see the hill with it’s name, description, height and distance from your current location. A filter let’s you choose which hills will show up on the map according to the distance.
Find the Hill can recognize, which hill you’re currently standing on and also the sealevel of that point.
After clicking on any given hill, you can visualize it on the map screen, where your location and the hill’s location will be shown.
- more than 240 000 mapped world hills
- visualization of the hill’s location and distance from your current point
- possibility of working offline
- range settings for up to 20km
- display of given hill on the map and of the current location on the map screen
- display of your current latitude and longitude
- display of your current sealevel
- display of the current hill, on which you are standing
The app is optimized for Android mobile devices.
Support for tablets coming soon.
If you like our app, don’t forget to review and share it. Thank you
• Self-contained worldwide database of place names, mountain/hill peaks, castles, ruins, and monuments *
• Advanced filtering by distance, bearing and marker type
• Adjustable compass
• Imperial/metric units
• Search by name
• Map view
• Snapshot *
• Custom markers *
• User guide
• No adverts
* Cities, towns, and villages are included for free. Mountain/hill peaks, castles, ruins, monuments, custom markers, and the snapshot feature are available as an in-app purchase. There are more than 213,000 peaks, 13,000 castles, 16,000 ruins, and 19,000 monuments in ViewPoint’s database.
See developer's website for more information and user guide ( http://www.planetcoops.com/apps/viewpoint/ViewPoint.pdf ).
ViewPoint is currently 21 MB in size. We recommend you download and install ViewPoint only when you have Wi-Fi access.
- Designation of few thousand peaks
- Handy radar to quickly locate points
- Slider to hide distant points
- GPS for positioning
GPS Maps Offline Street View enables you to search and browse different locations of countries, cities, etc. online as well as offline.
Important: How much map is loaded online it will save into memory and you can see it later when you want. First you have to visit any place location online then and then only it save that map automatically.
You can use it online map also. But it will store last visited map only.
Using Previous Search Button(if you search last time using internet) you can see offline map when not coverage.
Offline Directions and Places will coming soon our developer working on it.
Important Note: This application need internet connection to work when loading map, if internet connection is slow you may face slow map loading, So please don't give bad review. Enjoy ;)
Features that have helped make Flightradar24 - Flight Tracker the #1 selling app in 100+ countries and the #1 Travel app in 140+ countries (United States, France, United Kingdom, Germany and more) include:
* Watch planes move in real-time on detailed map
* Identify planes flying overhead by simply pointing your device at the sky
* Experience what the pilot of a an aircraft sees in real-time and in 3D
* Tap on a plane for comprehensive flight and aircraft information such as route, estimated time of arrival, actual time of departure, aircraft type, speed, altitude, and high-resolution picture
* Easy to search for individual flights using flight number, airport, or airline
* Easy to filter by airline, aircraft, altitude, speed, and more
* Easy to set bookmarks to enable quick navigation to areas of interest
* Turn the device into the arrivals and departures board of any major airport and get real-time status updates for flights plus current airport weather conditions (in-app purchase)
* Realistic aircraft symbols (in-app purchase)
* Set up custom alerts based on airline, aircraft type, flight number or registration (in-app purchase)
HOW IT WORKS
Most aircraft are equipped with so called ADS-B transponders that transmit positional data. Flightradar24 has a rapidly growing network of several thousand ground stations around the world to receive this data that then shows up as aircraft moving on a map in the app. In an expanding number of regions Flightradar24, with the help of multilateration, is able to calculate the positions of aircraft that don’t have ADS-B transponders.
Traditional radar data is also used in the app thanks to a direct feed from the US Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
Minimum required screen resolution is 320x480px.
If you are only interested in tracking air traffic in a specific region, we suggest that you check Flightradar24.com BEFORE purchasing the app. Flightradar24 provides unrivaled positional aircraft data coverage around the world but there are areas where we don’t have coverage.
Overview of coverage as of December 2014:
* Europe: close to 100%
* North America: 100% of US and Canada via slightly delayed radar data. Real-time coverage for most of US, Canada and Mexico for ADS-B equipped aircraft
* South America: Substantial coverage in most countries including Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador and Venezuela.
* Asia: Substantial coverage in most major Asian countries including Japan, India, Indonesia, South Korea, Thailand, UAE, Malaysia, Taiwan and many other countries. Rapidly expanding coverage in China
* Oceania: Nearly complete coverage in Australia and New Zealand
* Africa: Substantial coverage in South Africa. Limited but growing coverage in the rest of the region
Find out how you can help:
Coverage is subject to change at any time.
CONNECT WITH FLIGHTRADAR24
Like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/flightradar24 and follow us on Twitter http://twitter.com/flightradar24 for the latest on Flightradar24.
HELP & SUPPORT
The use of this app is strictly limited to entertainment purposes. This specifically excludes activities that might endanger yourself or the lives of others. Under no circumstances will the developer of this app be held responsible for incidents resulting from the use of the data or its interpretation or its use contrary to this agreement. We reserve the right to anonymously track and report a user's activity inside of app.
Easiest way to view street-level imagery from your phone.
My Street View has two simple objective;
-Search address and see the street view of the address.
-Touch my location button and see the Street view of your location if available.
In new version , you can drag pagmen on the map to view other streets.
Also you can press "Pagmen Button" to view it in native Google Street View application which is more faster.
*It needs a fast internet connection 3g,4g or wifi.
Please rate if you like it, and email if you have a problem.
*Offline Augmented Reality in the Alps*
(France, Switzerland, Austria, Italy, Germany, Lichtenstein, Slovenia, Monaco)
See what's near you where you travel in the Alps: Mountains, Lakes, Places, Buildings, etc. You don't even have to be nearby the Alps: You can manually set your location to a place in the Alps to pretend you are there. Decide if you want to see places nearby, or famous cities around the world.
Works everywhere: By the sea, in the mountains, in the city. Without the internet, without coverage.
Turn the phone sideways to view on the camera screen the places that are nearby. Take a picture of what you see, and send it by email, or post it on facebook, directly from the App!
You can also add your own places!
In Sight The Alps is also an altimeter, speedometer and also estimates the distance you've traveled. Choose between metric (km, meter) or imperial (miles, feet) units.
All data is built into the App, so you don't need internet. You only need internet when you use the map or send a picture on email or post it on facebook.
In Sight The Alps relies on the compass and GPS of your device. Best results are achieved if you are outside.
Source: ws.geonames.org under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/)
KMLZ to Earth allows you to browse through your local files to select a KML or KMZ file to display in Google Earth. It also allows you to view your saved email attachments in Google Earth.
In the Explorer activity, if you browse to a directory containing images with location information,
* Tap the file icon to view the photo closely
* Tap the file name to create a KMZ file
* Tap "View images to create KMZ" to create a KMZ file with the locations and images from multiple photos
In your email application, save the KML or KMZ file, and then tap it again to choose to view it with KMLZ to Earth.
Since Google Earth for Android doesn't seem to have published limits on file sizes, your success with files larger than 4MB may vary. Large files cause Google Earth to to load slowly, or if they are too large, not display them entirely. If this occurs, try to reduce the size of the images used or the number of images selected to create smaller KMZ files.
The size of the images shown in Google Earth decreases progressively as the total size of images are selected, in order to keep the total file size small enough to view on Google Earth for Android.
When creating a KMZ file, each image containing location information is shown as a thumbnail, along with the image name, time taken, resolution and size. Thumbnails can be tapped for a larger preview of the image. All, none, or individual files can be selected to create a KMZ file from images in one directory.
DO NOT PUT SPACES OR OTHER STRANGE CHARACTERS IN FILE NAMES! LETTER, NUMBER, UNDERSCORE, PERIOD, AND HYPHEN CHARACTERS ALLOWED. ANY ILLEGAL CHARACTERS WILL BE REPLACED WITH UNDERSCORES.
File names must end in ".jpg", ".kml", ".kmz" to be visible to view in KMLZ to Earth, and capitalization does not matter.
Files that you select to view are copied to the "Home" directory, typically /mnt/sdcard/kmlz. WARNING! Any file that does not end in ".kml" or ".kmz" will be deleted automatically from this directory, or when you choose to use Menu, Clear Home, and confirm.
The Home button will take you quickly to the /mnt/sdcard/kmlz directory (or a similar path) to see which files you have previously viewed, and view them again.
This app can't be set as default for any action, if you try, then it will reset itself. This ensures you the choice of action always and prevents a possible undesirable loop.
If experiencing problems with Google Earth, use the Menu, Manage Earth, and either Force Stop, Clear Data, or Clear Cache. Clear Cache is very helpful to get accurate results if you are testing the same file name multiple times.
Likewise, if experiencing problems with KMLZ to Earth, use the Menu, Manage KMZL, and either Force Stop, Clear Data, or Clear Cache.
This application runs a web server on your device at http://localhost:8001/ to serve pages from it's "Home" directory to Google Earth. In order to do this, it will have a running process in the background. A notification will be issued to remind you that this process is running. If you view the notification, then you return to the application, where pressing back will allow you to terminate the application and the background web server process.
Look at the landscape using the camera and labels are superimposed directly over the view. The labels can show the distance to the mountain peak, the bearing, and the height of the mountain.
Useful for walking and hiking when you want to know what mountains you're looking at!
You can switch to a Google Map view which also shows the peaks, plus your location and direction of view.
This is an experimental application that is extremely dependent on your GPS location and handset's compass bearing. If either are inaccurate then the names will appear in the wrong positions. Since the compass on many handsets is very unreliable this can prove frustrating - the application does have the feature to offset the bearing of the compass which can help, and doing the figure of 8 compass calibration can help as well. There are also user options for tweaking the smoothing of compass readings.
While using the camera view you don't need Internet access, but if you switch to the Google map view you'll need it for the maps.
The mountain peak database has been extracted from OpenStreetMap by Mayeul Kauffman - an amazing job, taking the number of peaks from hundreds to almost a million!
The app can be moved to the SD card if required, although the database is only about 10Mb, so it's not as large as you might imagine.
UK only version: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.showmehills.showmehillsuk
This is a free open source application released under the GPLv3 license, and developers are welcome to contribute at https://github.com/ShowMeHills
If you come across any problems, please report to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
* keep on improving the dataset
* allow photos to be taken with the names
* allow users to report their position to OpenStreetMap
* alternative apps using the same technology (ie a ShowMeTowns type app)
POWERFUL GEOLOCATED RECORD TAKING:
*automatically timestamped file name when created and the location GPS location is established
*Google Earth KML or ZIP archives using e-mail or any other web based user enabled service.
*Drop your KML files into Google Earth to see your location mapped on the desktop.
Your satisfaction is our priority. Please contact email@example.com if you encounter any issues.
Activities are organized into the following categories:
* Search - Find new Placemarks by address, or coordinates.
* My Location - Center or mark your place quickly, toggle Real/Mock location, Search nearby, and Share your location.
* Layers - Allows you to toggle the visibility of My Location, Placemarks, Satellite, Traffic, Track, and Route layers.
* Placemarks - View list, Center, Change location, use as Mock location, Navigate to, Route to, Search nearby, Street View, and Share
* Routes - View list, Change color, Details, Hide, Show and Share
* Tracks - View list, Start/Stop Recording, Change color, Graph, Tour on Google Earth, View at Human, Land, and Plane speed, and Share
* Images - View list, set Default for Marker, Import as a Marker, Import location from Image
* Markers - View list, Edit/Delete/Hide/Show groups of Placemarks, Markers created for each Import
* Compass Mode - All visible layers rotate instead of My Location arrow rotating towards north
* Copyright - All the legal copyright and disclosure stuff
* Data Management - Import/Export/Manage data
* Help - A quick introduction, the FAQ, and links to other helpful content about GPS Map
* Preferences - Adjust update time, long press time, the visibility of various items and features
Use almost any image from your Camera, Gallery, or file browsing app to create a Marker for a Placemark on the map. Images containing location information can be imported as Placemarks with their image as the Marker on the map.
GPS Map has the following features:
* Easy to search for a location by address, placemark name, or latitude, longitude.
* Import/Export your Placemarks - GPSMap GPS, Garmin CSV, Geocode GEO, Google Earth/Google Maps KML,GPS Exchange GPX filesand TomTom ASCII
* Imports the location and image from a photograph to create a Placemark on the map with the Image as the Marker
* Able to view Placemarks, Routes and Tracks with Google Earth
* Able to be taken to Google Street View for a Placemark (if available)
* Able to use Placemarks to start a navigation app like Google Navigation
* Export to Google Drive Fusion Tables with an active Gmail account
* Creates Tours for Google Earth based upon your recorded Track
Works best with:
* Google Earth, Google Maps, Google Street View installed.
GPS location service enabled.
Visit https://sites.google.com/site/wrightkeith/gpsmap/ for more information.
If you have viewed google location history on the phone, you will feel more convenient while using the AP.
If you didn't have used google location history, you can go to here to see it:
Please open your google location reporting, then you will have location reporting data.
How to open your google location reporting, please see the web site:
tag: google, history, location, location history, latitude