For a free, no-ad app, this is an excellent chess GUI. Pre-installed SF7 is a nice bonus. Wishlist: 1) 2 engine instances at the same time. Either for computer vs player (one instance for computer and the other instance for analysis, so that hash table is not shared), or for tournaments (two different engines) 2) names for openings 3) sub sec time increments (for example 100ms, 250ms, 500ms) 4) multi PV analysis 5) hash table occupancy indicator
New version seems weaker for new Stockfish 7 I have 3 feedback to fix this. 1.) "The Pondering"- even if you set to ON (or check) to think while waiting for opponents move, sometimes it doesn't work properly. 2.) "The Engine Parameter"- usually its problem was the Nodestime (even i dont know how to set it/them) im sure that 0 will be better than the max number to think the engine normally i think, but still fast play without any seconds (computer vs computer). 3.)"The Threads"- i suggest to set in max manually depends on any gadgets to use not 128 :/
Need update This was the best chess apps but now it needs update to keep the position. "Analyze this" is more enjoyable to play although lacking some features droid fish has. It now become a must that droid fish need feature of engine match and kibitz. Hope Peter realized this.
DroidFish Chess My favorite chess app on smartphone (besides SCID On The Go). Awesome app. I can't ask for more.
Great app But please is it possible to name the openings. I'm a learner and being given a name for an opening would help.
Need a Stockfish Benchmark Hi, pls include a simple Stockfish Benchmark that returns the kilo nodes/second of thinking running at least 2minutes just enough to stabilize the CPU. -cheers!
- Permission handling for Android 6.
- Show usage hints on first start.
- Updated Stockfish to version 7.
- Faster updating of the move list.
- Improved move list scrolling.
- Use a drawer layout instead of the options menu to fix problems on some new devices without a menu button.
- Moved "number of search threads" from preferences to UCI engine options.
- Added configurable button action to change UCI options.
- At least Android 3.0 required.