The application supports the Universal Chess Interface (UCI) and Chess Engine Communication Protocol (WinBoard and XBoard), which allows users to play against more powerful third party engines or even play tournaments between engines. Engine setup features time control, pondering, infinite analysis, hash tables, multiple threads, endgame tablebases, and opening test suites. Recognizes Chessbase compatible engines.
* 10 play levels from very easy to extremely hard. There is one level for everyone no matter if your a beginner or an expert!
* Very impressive chess engine which teaches you the names of famous chess openings by showing the name of openings as you play them.
* Play Online against players from all over the world. Get started right away by playing as guest or register for an account at freechess.org (link in the app).
- Get your ranking in three different game modes (Lightning, Blitz, Standard).
- Improve your game skill by watching other players games live.
- Chat with your opponents or other people that are online.
* Send PGN files so you can review your games on your computer or anywhere you like.
* 2 player hot-seat.
* 3 Chess Board colors and 3 Chess Piece Sets.
* Clean and simple interface.
* Keeps statistics so that you can keep track of your improvement.
* Designed for both Tablet and Phone.
Don't forget to rate the game if you like it!
Play against AI
- Selectable ELO Levels to adjust playing strength, from 500 to 2100, on 50 ELO points steps
- Selectable time per move: changing the ELO and the time per move, lots of difficulty levels can be selected
- Opening book with more than 30.000 positions: ensures variated funny games
- Can undo/redo all moves
- Send PGN by email: This way, you can analyze later your games on your PC
- Graphical setup board, also can edit position’s FEN notation
- On closing, saves the current game and it is loaded when the application is restarted
- Play on internet at freechess.org (FICS) or at chessclub.com (ICC)
- Play as guest or as a registered user
- Seek/offer match rated and unrated
- View seeks posted by other users. Can sort seek list by username, rating or game time
- Takeback, draw, abort, resign and rematch options while playing
- Play, Finger and Observe, can also observe LectureBot on FICS or play ProblemBot/TrainingBot on ICC
- Observe current played games in the chess server or follow highest rated games
- Messages: read and send messages to other users
- Game History: you can examine or send by email all your played games
- Console to see server output and to send commands, also for chatting with other users
- Timeseal (FICS) and Timestamp (ICC): avoids lag problems
- Premove option: You can introduce the next movement in your opponent’s turn
- Option to confirm the move before sending it to the server. Forward and Backward buttons are converted on Confirm/Cancel buttons
- Supports wild chess variants: Atomic, Losers, Suicide and Chess960
- 2900+ chess problems to solve looking for the best moves: problems collected by Uwe Auerswald, from Germany
- Selectable problem difficult (Easy, Medium and Hard Problems)
Simple PGN browser, allows you to open PGN files from SD card or from your email
And with the Best Interface
- 2D/3D board
- Clean, simple and intuitive interface (options appear after pressing the “MENU” key)
- Move by dragging and dropping the piece with useful guide lines
- Also move by tapping the origin and the destiny squares or with the trackball
- Portrait and Landscape mode
- Shows legal moves (as yellow traslucid squares)
- Highlights last move (with a yellow arrow or a coloured squarem, can be configured with a settings option), also move hints (as a green arrow) after a request in the menu
- Many piece sets and board styles
- Shows a dot in the side to move and can show board coordinates
- The material gauge indicates the material advantage using this piece values: Pawn=1 Knight=3 Bishop=3 Rook=5 Queen=9. Click on the gauge to show/hide the captured pieces difference
- Shows captured pieces advantage for each one of the sides (as an example if black captured 3 pawns and whites 2, it shows an advantage of 1 white pawn for blacks)
- Speaks moves, checks and game results
- Different sounds for moves, captures and checks, also vibration
- Option to keep the screen on while playing
This tactic trainer lets you practice in 3 different modes :
- Solve daily puzzles
- Solve offline puzzle packs
- Use the "Progress" mode to get random problems of your level and know your Elo rating
All puzzles are of a high quality and are guaranteed to have a unique solution. The difficulty ranges from beginner to advanced (2000+ Elo).
Other features :
- A free powerful engine to analyze the puzzles
- Level history
- Bookmark puzzles
- Several board themes
- Optimized for both phones and tablets
- A simple and intuitive interface, with no useless stuff, and no weird problems
Keywords : chess puzzles, free problems, trainer, tactic, chess trainer, puzzles free, strategy
With Chess, you will be given the opportunity to play an unlimited number of chess games. We designed a user-friendly interface to allow any players to enjoy the game.
You can either play with your friends or against your phone. When playing against your phone, you will be able to easily adjust the difficulty to match your current level. Will you be able to beat the most difficult level we included ?
Unlimited free chess games ahead of you. No better way to play, learn and improve your Chess skills.
As you practice and get better every day, we are sure you will see your ELO score go up!
Come and Join thousands of people playing this fabulous game of Chess everyday on their phone !
- Unlimited free play
- Tactics training
- Video lessons
- Computer opponent
Chess.com is #1 in online chess with million of members from around the globe. Chess.com is built by chess players who really love chess, not just programmers tinkering around.
★ Big international community, chess multiplayer - More than 800.000 registered players on http://www.chessfriends.com
★ Mistake Preventer – never make a mistake or a misclick again
★ Various time control options - Classic, Blitz and Bullet chess games
★ Rated games - Track your rating and performance
★ Unrated games - Play chess online for fun, train your chess openings, improve your chess results
★ Play chess free with friends
★ Strong computer for offline play, 20 strength levels
★ Rankings and detailed statistics with charts
★ Player account - User profiles with real FIDE rating
★ Access your account from various platforms, including web browsers and mobile devices (Mobile web, Android, IOS, Windows mobile)
★ Multiple languages supported
This great chess game lets you play against a friend, the computer, or against an online opponent using freechess.org. Test and improve your chess skills to become a grandmaster.
2 Player Mode - Play against a friend
Computer Mode - Play against the computer
Random Opponent Mode - Play against others
Engine Play: This program is using a chess engine as a service. Please download an engine from the "Google Play Store" for playing against an engine. The following engines are supported:
* Stockfish Chess
* Chess Engines
"Chess for All" features:
* play against an engine
* support of two chess engines
* automatic engine play
* analyze mode
* show engine thinking
* polyglot opening book
* two player mode
* load/save/edit games
* delete PGN-files
* edit PGN tags
* own PGN database with search for player, event and opening
* PGN download (web)
* clipboard: copy/paste
* graphical setup board
* four different chess board and pieces
* time control(game clock, move time, sand glass)
* one touch moves
* undo moves
* full Chess960 support
* sound effects
* option to keep the screen on while playing
* enable/disable status bar
* user manual (web)
* free, GPLv3
Please contact the developer if you have questions or issues, before rating the app low. With an e-mail you can reach the developers directly: select "Menu", "About" and "Contact".
Choose your time control and you're ready to play. The 2nd player presses her button to start the 1st player's clock - and the game is on!
- Large, easy-to-read buttons
- Works in landscape and portrait on all devices
- Quickly customize the app for one-tap access to all your favorite time controls
- Time controls include base minutes per player and optional per-move delays or bonus time. The app supports both Fischer and Bronstein increments, as well as simple delays. The duration is up to you!
- Supports multiple-stage time controls commonly seen in tournaments, such as "40 moves in 2 hours + game in 60 minutes." A glance at the clock shows your current stage!
- Clock pauses automatically if the app is interrupted; manually pause the clock at any time
- Pleasant sounds for buttons and "time's up" alert
At Chess.com, we really do love chess, and *sometimes* we even play it offline! For times like that, we created this clock - and we hope you love it as much as we do.
iChess is now available on iPhone and iPad! http://goo.gl/1GIu67
★★★★★ "Awesome app with hell lot of puzzles. Best one seen so far !!"
★★★★★ "Its a great and functional training tool"
♟ Three difficulty levels. All puzzles are offline. No internet connection required
♟ Load your own PGN puzzle file. Chessbase CBH format not supported
♟ Hint and engine analysis with Stockfish and other engines! Or hide the Hint and avoid temptation!
♟ Bird View feature to view Solved/Failed and unseen puzzles. Or solve the difficult puzzles again!
♟ Scorecard to track your progress
♟ Mark a puzzle as favorite
♟ Master Chess openings by solving chess tactics from openings like Sicilian, Kings Indian etc (extra $)
♟ Solve puzzles from recent 2015 tournament chess games (extra $)
♟ New Material design! (thanks to Ilya Kostin)
♟ Some puzzles simply win a pawn or a piece and not necessarily end in checkmate
♟ Puzzles are arranged in increasing order of difficulty
♟ This is not an app to play chess online or play against the mobile or with friends
♟ Thanks to theweekinchess.com and pgnmentor.com for the PGN files.
Follow on Google Plus http://goo.gl/Axhm4
Like on Facebook http://goo.gl/P5TXe
NOTE: 'Read Phone identity' is required to secure purchases. No private information can be accessed
* install/uninstall compiled engines
* import an installed engine
* display UCI-Options
* engine list
* option: setting for playing strength(is not supported on all engines)
You need a graphical user interface for playing against this engines.
Please download the application "Chess for All" from the "Google Play Store".
Are you a true chess Warrior?
Game Features Include:
► Interactive 3D, zoom and pan around board
► 3D Chess set pieces
► 2D Chess set pieces
► 2 Player board rotation. Place the Android device on the table like a real chess board!
► 99 AI difficulty settings, from easy to difficult.
► Timed games from 5 minutes to 59 minutes.
► 2nd camera mode to focus on the piece you are currently playing.
► Stuck?, use the move hint generation feature.
► Undo & Redo moves, even after Checkmate.
► Show all the moves for the current game
► Using Undo/Redo, walk through all the moves.
► Restart a completed game from any previous point and play again.
► Save & Load games, to be replayed / analysed or finished later
► "How to Play" chess tutorial showing all the moves
► Support for "Castling", "En Passant" and "Pawn Promotion"
► No Ads or In-App purchases
Play against computer with various difficulty level by different thinking times and search deep, including over 600 chess opening and PGN file reader.
You may play online games connecting with Free Interne Chess Server (FICS) or Internet Chess Club (ICC).
Hint function may offers to you for good move.
250 chess puzzles available.
Download thousands of games or openings as online and you may analyze and watch them. Zipped PGN format is already supported.
There is no advertisements on payed version.
To use this application a chess graphical user interface application is also needed. Any android chess application that supports the "open exchange format" should be compatible. The following applications are known to be compatible:
* Scid on the go
* Chess PGN Master
- Opening book with 1500 half moves.
- Six different skill levels.
- Unlimited undo/redo.
- Copy/paste to/from clipboard.
- Free software, GPL license.