What is iChime?
Ichime basically is a clock – but one with many special and fun features that will expand your understanding of time and the way it can be indicated.
Here's why. Consideration of the clock raises plenty of questions: why 12 dots and not 24, why 2 turns for one day, why 60 minutes per hour and 60 seconds per minute? These questions have led us to offer different views that are fun and educational.
Like the churches and clocks of yesterday a chime indicates the time for us audibly. Here, in addition to the usual knock play mode, we offer an exclusive tonal clock that links the 12 dots of the clock dial with the 12 semitones of a musical scale. Hearing “sound time” is shorter, softer, and much more fun! Even better, you’ll train your ear to the musical intervals! For example, C – D and C – F #? That’s the (major) 2nd (two semitones) and tritone (six semitones), meaning it’s 2:30!. Or a major third equals 3 (semitones) and a tritone equals 6 (semitones) so 3:30. You can also run without a net using 'perfect pitch mode'. This means using “sound time” without the reference of 12 (sounding C). So if your hear D and F# it also means that it is 2:30.
Fighting the alarm is a losing battle, a love-hate relationship: it must not jolt or jar us, but it must wake us up. We need it, but we throw it against the wall every morning! At least in our thoughts... better not with a Samsung Note 7 – it might explode... Now that WILL wake us up – especially in times of terror. With iChime everything goes smoothly because it is not an alarm clock but a gentle chime! With two volume settings, one for night and one for day, iChime turns down – or even cuts – the sound at a specific time, and reboots in the morning at the desired time. Its presence is non-aggressive, issuing just a single “time sound”, after which it continues normal function at the intervals you have chosen (5 minutes, 10 minutes, 15 minutes, etc.). It becomes a delight to stay in bed waiting for the moment when it really is time!
iChime will be perfect for whoever wants to know time without seeing a clock, say for yoga and music teachers, anyone at conferences, meetings…
• iWatch, Circle, Astral, Bar Graph, Musical, Pedagogic, Gravity views, and more to come.
• Your choice of colors and transparencies for the 8 clock elements.
• Widget for your home screen, optimized for very low power consumption (one-minute refresh).
• Displays the sound intervals played.
• Choose the chime interval you desire: 5, 10, 15, 20, 30 minutes or one hour.
• Sound output mode: beat on the hours and minutes.
• Chime options: + synchronize the number of beats with the chime interval + repeat the hours on peak hours only.
• Exclusive music output interval mode: the 12 points of a clock are 12 semitones in an octave.
• Relative pitch (C reference) and perfect pitch (no reference) modes.
• mode per scale (in sequence) or per chord.
• Different intonations: equal, natural, Pythagorean, mesotonic, Indian, Arabic Rast, and more!
• Choose from a vast library of sounds for the hours and minutes.
• Two time indications, one for sleep and one for wake up, determine day and night ranges.
• One volume for day and one volume for night.
• Your wake up is smooth, and you can put off going out of bed knowing what time it is and wait till the last minute!
Like tapShake, buy the full version to remove ads and support future developments.
This application is designed and developed by Olivier Grimbert @ http://www.protee.org All rights reserved.
Artworks by Seerundoss-Appiah Poobanee @ http://www.poobanee.com | John Radel - The look of James @ http://leregard2james.canalblog.com