Torque is a vehicle / car performance / diagnostics tool and scanner that uses an OBD II Bluetooth adapter to connect to your OBD2 engine management / ECU
Layout your own dashboard with the widgets / gauges you want!
It can use the GPS to provide tracker logs with OBD engine logging so you can see what you were doing at any point in time
It can also show and reset a DTC / CEL / fault code like a scantool. Helps you fix your car and helps keep repair costs down!
Torque also features:
* Dyno / Dynomometer and Horsepower/HP & Torque
* Can read Transmission Temperatures (vehicle dependant)
* 0-60 speed timings - more accurate than just using plain old GPS - see how fast your car is (or truck )
* CO2 emissions readout
* Customisable dashboard & profiles
* Video your journey using the Track Recorder plugin with onscreen OBDII data overlay - a black box for your car/truck!
* Automatically send GPS tagged tweets directly to twitter (for example if you are going on a road trip)
* Massive fault code database for lookup of fault codes from different manufacturers
* Theme support (choose from different themes to change the look of your dashboard)
* Send logging information to web or email CSV/KML for analysis via excel / openoffice reader
* Heads up display / HUD mode for night time driving
* Compass (GPS Based) that won't suffer magnetic interference
* GPS Speedometer/Tracking and realtime web upload capability - see what you were doing and your engine, at a point in time
* Turbo boost feature for vehicles that support MAP and MAF sensors (VW & Golf / Audi / Seat etc supported)
* Alarms and warnings (for example if your coolant temperature goes over 120C whilst driving) with voice/speech overlay
* Car dock support
* Graph data
* Able to share screenshots to Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Email, etc
* AIDL API for third party apps, A simple Telnet interface for developers to talk to the adapter, and an OBD scanner.
* Works on tablet devices like the Motorola Xoom, Dell Streak, Samsung Galaxy Tab and Nook
Works on any vehicle that uses the OBD 2 standard (most vehicles built after 2000, but can work for vehicles as far back as 1996) if in doubt check with your manufacturer first or look for 'OBD2' on written on a big white label in your engine bay
Works on vehicles made by Ford, VW, GM/Vauxhall/Opel, Chrysler, Mercedes, Volkswagen, Audi, Jaguar, Citroen, Peugoet, Skoda, Kia, Mazda, Lexus, Subaru, Renault, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Honda, Hyundai, BMW, Toyota, Seat, Dodge, Jeep, Pontiac and many more vehicle makes, European, US, Far East, etc. Some vehicle ECUs may support more/less features than others
The app needs a Bluetooth OBD2 adapter to work. The adapter is small and plugs into the diagnostics socket on the car which gives your phone access. You can find a list of adapters on: http://torque-bhp.com/wiki/Bluetooth_Adapters (Garmin EcoRoute HD adapters not supported)
If you buy one of the cheap china OBD2 ELM327 bluetooth adapters from ebay / amazon, then make sure you have a good returns policy with the seller
Some of the best reliable OBD2 / OBD adapters are the Scantool.net adapter, the OBDKey, and PLX Devices, OBDLink, Bluetooth, ELM327 and other adapters are supported - search on google for them
More features added every release - there are forums at http://torque-bhp.com/forums/ - if you want something added then let me know and I'll try to add it if it is possible! Vehicle ECUs vary in the amount of sensors supported
*PLEASE NOTE* Any reports of hanging or reboots after quitting the app is due to a bug in HTC devices and Galaxy Tab,this can be triggered by using the Pandora/Vlingo/Other BT apps. Disabling Pandoras new bluetooth settings fixes the problem, but HTC/Samsung need to release a fix.Please contact their support and request a fix,Thanks!
* Quick and easy display of available ECU sensors
* OBD PID scanner to quickly map and locate extended PIDs
* Simple Telnet server that allows direct connection to the adapter to allow far easier debugging (aimed at developers)
The main application - Torque - allows you to connect your android device to your cars engine management, and read various sensors, even retrieve fault codes (DTC) and clear them once fixed. It can post to Twitter, log data, supports themes, and so much more!
If you are interested in developing your own plugin then you can find an example app here(which uses AIDL): http://ian-hawkins.com/torquescan.zip
Join the Torque forums (click the developer link below) for more information or to ask questions!
Note: This plugin needs the full version of Torque
- report detonations
- show throttle position
- monitor engine coolant and intake air temperatures
Knock Detector is Torque Pro plugin - install Torque Pro first and start Knock Detector from Torque's main menu and make sure OBD2 adapter is connected. While driving at low rpm on 3rd gear just press throttle to max position and wait a safe period of time. Test will start automatically and finish as you depress pedal. Notification sounds will be played. Test will cover the passed rev range. If testing on automatic gear box ensure that gears are not switched during the test.
Warning - please ensure safe driving conditions !!!
In order to work on all car models Knock Detector uses heuristic algorithm to find detonations. It is based on analysis of timing advance, throttle, revs and speed. On some ECUs it may report knocks but the reason could be timing retard because of specific factory tune.
Knock Detector will not report minor car specific knock events so it can also miss some detonations. However it will report ECU learned detonations. Such knock events will likely disappear at some moment. Detonations can be real or fake, they can appear and disappear, so there is no reason to worry if such are reported. Detonation may be caused just by depressing the throttle at high revs. Some stock ECUs pull timing 0.5 - 1.00 even on WOT so fake knock will be detected.
Engine coolant and intake air temperaturesare also monitored as major knock factors. Avoid spirited driving or testing when both values are not green - too cold or too hot temperatures can cause detonations.
Please install, ejnoy and share BigDinch - the real life smartphone top chart - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bigdinch.mobile
Русские друзья, вы должны установить Torque Pro с OBD2(ELM327) устройство. Спасибо !
Amis français, vous devez installer Torque Pro avec OBD2(ELM327) engin aussi.
This plugin for Torque Pro allows you to share the connection from the OBD2 device with other devices running Torque Pro
For example, you may be running Torque on your Android in-car head unit or tablet - you can use this plugin to share the OBD2 connection and connect torque running on your mobile phone as well
Steps for use:
* Install the plugin on the android device that has the OBD2 adapter connected
* Bluetooth Pair that android device with the other android device that you also want to connect to using Torque
* Start torque on both devices
* (On the remote device) tell torque to connect to your andriod headunit/tablet using bluetooth
* Done! your connection is now shared
An OBD II engine ECU diagnostics tool that uses a cheap bluetooth ELM / OBD adapter to connect to your car OBD2 engine management system
Some features include:
* Shows and Resets engine fault codes / DTC trouble codes stored in your car
* Can export map/track log files to Google Earth KML / CSV
* Engine performance data(0 to 60, 0-100, quarter mile, etc) (full version)
* Head up Display / GPS HUD mode perfect for checking your speed at night
* Data Logging functions including web upload and file logging, you can even upload data to your own web server from sensors you choose
* Customisable dashboard with theme support - setup the dashboard with the gauges and dials that you want
* Can help you fix your car and helps keep car repair costs down!
* Turbo Boost gauge support for VW vehicles (in Pro version only)
* MPG for Petrol/Gasoline vehicles. (Pro version has diesel support)
This is the free/basic version - it lets you get a feel for the application and lets you find out if it works with your vehicle / obd2 adapter combination; but may contain some small bugs including not working on some nissan/chrysler/subaru ECUs. The paid version has support for more vehicles and ECU types, looks a lot nicer, and works with more cars / trucks
The paid version has more features (HorsePower,Torque, 0-60 , quarter mile tests, graph data, map / track views) + no adverts and exra dial/display types! and better ABS / Knock sensor support, Transmission temperature support for some makes of car / trucks (GM / Ford, etc), and Turbo Boost on many more vehicles (including VW)
Works on vehicles made by Ford, GM/Vauxhall/Opel, Chrysler, Mercedes, Volkswagen, Audi, Jaguar, Citroen, Peugoet, Skoda, Kia, Mazda, Lexus, Daewoo, Renault, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Honda, Hyundai, BMW, Toyota, Seat, Dodge, Jeep, Pontiac, Subaru and many more vehicle makes, European, US, Far East, etc. Some vehicle ECUs may support more/less features than others.
**PLEASE NOTE!** Any reports of hanging or freezing after quitting the app is due to a bug in the HTC Evo 4G and Galaxy Tab, this can be triggered by using the Pandora/Vlingo/Aldiko bluetooth enabled apps. Disabling Pandoras new bluetooth settings fixes the problem, but HTC/Samsung need to release a fix. Please contact their support and encourage them to fix, Thanks!
The pro version supports USB ELM adapters which are use 'Prolific' or 'FTDI' chips
* Update: A freeze/hang workaround has been found after a great amount of effort and is available in the full version in the General Preferences settings!
Want to know why the check engine light keeps going on? Check it with DashCommand.
Want to know what your horsepower, torque, or acceleration is, in real time? Display it with DashCommand.
Want to monitor and improve your gas mileage or fuel consumption as you drive? Do it with DashCommand.
Ever wished you had your own customizable gauges, showing only the data you were interested in? DashCommand can help.
NOTE: The free version of DashCommand is evaluation mode only. Full functionality requires an in-app purchase through Google Play.
--- SEMA Show 1st runner-up for best mobile electronics product.
--- Four time SEMA Global Media Award winner!
DISCLAIMER: DashCommand requires a compatible third party hardware interface, purchased separately, to communicate with the vehicle.
DashCommand supports all OBD-II and EOBD compliant vehicles sold worldwide. Please verify that your vehicle is OBD-II/EOBD compliant before purchasing!
Compatible with Bluetooth ELM327 OBD-II hardware. For suggested hardware see : http://palmerperformance.com/hardware
Get the benefit of multiple gauges without the overwhelming clutter and the expense!
(Note: Not all OBD-II compliant vehicles will have support for all of these parameters)
- engine speed
- corrected vehicle speed
- open/closed loop
- boost/vacuum combo gauge
- acceleration (and braking)
Fuel economy gauges:
- inst. fuel economy
- avg fuel economy
- avg fuel economy over 3 time periods
- distance to empty
- time to empty
- fuel level %
- fuel remaining in tank
- fuel flow rate gauge
- timing (spark advance)
- engine coolant temp.
- intake air temp.
- ambient air temp.
- manifold absolute pressure
- mass air flow
- fuel trims, short and long term
- percent engine load
- catalyst temp.
- fuel pressure
- lambda gauge
- air/fuel ratio
DashCommand also contains a sophisticated trip computer that maintains stats for up to 5 trips.
- distance travelled
- fuel consumed
- avg fuel economy
- fuel cost
- elapsed time
- drive time
- average carbon dioxide emission rate
- total carbon dioxide emission
- start date & time
- number of fillups
- avg fuel flow rate
- avg driving speed
- avg trip speed
- avg boost/vacuum
- avg engine speed
- max acceleration
- max engine power and torque at wheels
- number of stops
- max fuel flow rate
- max speed
- idle time
- max boost/vacuum
- max engine speed
- max braking acceleration
- max engine torque
- % distance travelled while not in gear
- % distance travelled in each gear
- % distance travelled in non-optimal gear
- % time spent while not in gear
- % time spent in each gear
- % time spent while in a non-optimal gear
- Read and clear diagnostic trouble codes
- IM Readiness status
- Professional skidpad showing lateral and accel/braking Gs with min/max indicators
- Race track visually maps out your location, acceleration and braking as you drive laps around the track allows you to visually analyze different race track laps to see how acceleration and braking changed from lap to lap thus helping you to improve your lap times on your next outing.
- Inclinometer shows rolling angle and vehicle pitch for off-roading.
- Full support for OBD-II diagnostics, find out why your check-engine light is on and clear diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs)
- Data logging, record and playback log files showing OBD-II and acceleration data
Also compatible with the Pioneer AppRadio 2
Manufacturer-specific data is available for select vehicles, through In-App purchase.
Visit the DashCommand product page for more info:
for this to work you need--
1.A CAR -- 2. an OBD 2 Device (ebay $15.00) --3.Torque program ( free or pro version)
Please dont rate 1 star if you don't have these.
FREE Torque Theme . with Demo of Dial Editor to change Colors on Dial.
WHAT YOU NEED FOR THIS TO WORK WATCH THIS VIDEO (CAR, OBD2, TORQUE)
The application will communicate with the vehicle computers at the 16 Pin OBD2 diagnostic connector. Most of the OBD2 connector location should be under the Steering Wheel Compartment. Elm 327 or STN Bluetooth device is required to make this application work. Car Gauge Pro not only can be exciting with gauges, it is a professional scan tool. Do you have a check engine light on? Do you want to know the Readiness Status will pass for a Smog Inspection? Do you want to check the functionality of the sensors and determine the status of the Mode 5/6 Emission On-board Test? Car Gauge Pro will show you.
✮ Mode 1 - Data Parameters with 220 PIDS
✮ Mode 2 - Freeze Frame Data
✮ Mode 3 - Check Current Faults
✮ Mode 4 - Clear Faults
✮ Mode 5 - O2 Sensor Test Result
✮ Mode 6 - Emission Onboard Test Result
✮ Mode 7 - Check Pending Faults
✮ Mode 8 - Enable Evap Test
✮ Mode 9 - Vin, ECU Name, Performance Tracking Data, CALID & etc
✮ Mode A - Check Stored Faults
✮ Ford (1996-2008) - Check/Clear Faults, Self Test, KOEO, KOER, Diesel Glow Plug/Injector Buzz/Cyl Contribution Test, Outputs On/Off, Low/High Speed Fan Test, and Enhanced Data 1175 PIDS (ISO, PWM, CAN)
✮ Nissan (2001-2007) - Check/Clear Faults, Self Test, Ignition Timing Adjustment, Idle Rpm Adjustment, Active Test and Enhanced Data 634 PIDS (KWP2000 - ECM, TCM, ABS, BCM)
✮ GM (1996-2007) - Check/Clear Faults, Active Test and Enhanced Data 189 PIDS (VPW Powertrain)
✮ Toyota (2000-2006) - Enhanced Data 150 PIDS (ISO - Powertrain) + Read/Clear Faults (KWP2000 Airbag)
✮ Kia (1996-TBD) - Enhanced Data (ISO Powertrain)
✮ Some Models may not support Enhanced Functions
Download Skins, DTC Library and Language from the website.
Hardware Requirement: Elm 327 or STN Bluetooth Adapter.
Vendors: CHX, OBDII, VGate and OBDLink MX tested OK.
The following ELM327 and compatible OBD2 interfaces are supported:
APOS BT OBD 327
ElmCanII Bluetooth and WiFi
OBDLink Bluetooth and WiFI
ELM327 Bluetooth and WiFi
Pearl Lescars Bluetooth and WiFi
The interfaces can be purchased on our websites http://www.wgsoft.de or http://www.obd-2.de/shop/ if required.
Everything completely in German and English. In the graphical representation of data, there are "pause" function. In this mode, the recorded data can be scrolled and zoomed by gesture.
We would greatly appreciate the feedback on the app. Please send us an email about your experiences, opinions or suggestions.
- OBDLink LX Bluetooth
- OBDLink MX Bluetooth
- OBDLink Bluetooth
- OBDLink MX Wi-Fi
- OBDLink WiFi
- OBDLink SX USB (with Android 3.1 or newer)
***The app will NOT work with any other brand of OBD adapter.***
Turn your phone or tablet into a full-fledged diagnostic scan tool: read diagnostic trouble codes, clear the "Check Engine" light, check emissions readiness, estimate fuel economy and much more!
- Check and clear diagnostic trouble codes
- Read freeze frame data
- Display real-time data (over 90 parameters!)
- Customizable dashboards
- Emissions readiness for each US state
- Fuel economy MPG, l/100km or km/l calculation
- Multiple trip meters
- Log data to CSV format (compatible with Excel)
- Retrieve vehicle information including VIN number and calibration ID
- Oxygen Sensor Results (Mode $05)
- On-board Monitoring Tests (Mode $06)
- In-performance Tracking Counters (Mode $09)
- GPS tracking - plot vehicle parameters on a map in real-time
- Full diagnostic report that can be e-mailed
- English and Metric units
- Free unlimited updates
The norm states that the OBD port must be the vehicle cabin but depending on the make and model, it may or may not be easy to locate...
With our app "OBD2 port Lookup" !" you can easily find yours and diagnose your vehicle..
More than 500 different cars in the app : Thanks for your collaboration!
The aim of this app is to be collaborative and to help users find their OBD socket. If your vehicle is not yet in the list and you know where the OBD connector is located, do not hesitate to send photos via the " send photos " option of the application. It will help many users.
We already have more than 500 different vehicles in our database including the following makes:
HARDWARE REQUIREMENT: ELM 327 (Clone Type) Bluetooth Adapter.
Vendors Type: CHX, OBDII, Vgate Bluetooth Device tested OK.
Do not attempt to enter information or adjust your device while driving. Failure to pay full attention to the operation of your vehicle could result in death, serious injury, or property damage. You assume total
responsibility and risk for using your device with this app.
Requirement: Android 2.0 or higher for Bluetooth to function properly.
Theme Pack 2 -- Fire and Metal ;
Theme Pack 3 --Carbon Nitrous ;
Theme Pack 4 --.Insane pack- C.A.R.V.I.S
INSTANT COLOR AND DIAL RADIUS ANGLE EDITOR! MILLIONS of COLOR COMBINATIONS!!
FOR THIS TO WORK YOU HAVE TO HAVE
1. A CAR --
2. an OBD 2 Device (ebay $15.00) --
3. Torque program ( free or pro version)
Please dont rate this pack 1 star if you dont have these. Watch install video this is EASY!! http://alturl.com/knxow
You can change any gauge dial Immediately.
Visit Ian Hawkings Torque SIte For help with Torque setup
It is simple and effective.
Match your Automobile-- Nissan, Toyota, Honda, Chevy, Ford etc….. grab a background you like.
use the dials in the App or any that Ian has in his Torque program.
Visit IAN HAWKINGS TORQUE SITE --BUY PRO VERSION ITS WORTH IT!!!
Quadhelix is not affiliated with IAN Hawkings Torque
12 NEW THEMES with MILLIONS of COLOR COMBINATIONS!!
You must have Torque PRO or Torque LITE OBD 2 .
FOR THIS TO WORK YOU HAVE TO
1. A CAR -- 2. an OBD 2 Device (ebay $15.00) -- 3. Torque program ( free or pro version)
please dont rate 1 star if you dont have these.
. Easy Install, one button push.
INSTANT COLOR AND DIAL RADIUS ANGLE EDITOR!
You can change any gauge dial Immediately.
Visit Ian Hawkings Torque SIte For help with Torque setup
It is simple and effective.
Quadhelix is not affiliated with IAN Hawkings Torque
Enjoy! Please email me if you want specialized themes I will work on them for your car.
The Remote EX for NISSAN allows you to activate several accessories from your car remotely. You can turn on the head lights, sound the horn and lock/unlock doors without touching your car keys.
* Turn Lights Flasher
* Parking Locator (*)
* Head Lights (*)
* Low Beam (*)
* High Beam (*)
* Front Fog Lights (*)
* Turn Lights (*)
* Open Trunk (*)
* Lock/Unlock Doors (*)
* Horn (*)
* Wipers (*)
Commands marked with (*) are available through in-app purchases.
*PLEASE NOTE* that other NISSAN models may be supported, but the plugin was tested only on the following models:
* 350Z 3.5 (Z33)
* 370Z 3.7 (Z34)
* Altima 2.5/3.5 (L32)
* Armada 5.6 (TA60)
* Frontier 4.0 (D40)
* Juke 1.6/3.8 (F15)
* March/Micra 1.5 (K13)
* Maxima 3.5 (A35)
* Murano 3.5 (Z51)
* Pathfinder 4.0 (R51)
* Qashqai 1.6/2.0 (J10)
* Tiida/Versa 1.8 (C11)
* Titan 5.6 (A60)
* Xterra 4.0 (N50)
* X-Trail 2.0 (T31)
Remote EX can also be used with the latest version of Torque Pro.
1) After purchasing the application on Google Play, make sure that you see it listed on your Android device installed applications list.
2) Launch the app directly from your device or through Torque Pro by clicking on the app icon
3) Select your car model on the MODEL tab and confirm
4) The app will display the available functions for your car on the COMMANDS tab
5) Commands displayed in GREEN are available to be used immediately while commands in GRAY are available through in-app purchases
6) Scroll to the STORE tab to check all the available commands for sale
7) Purchased commands are automatically added to the available command list and it is managed by Google Play, being available on all mobile devices linked to your Google account.
If using the plugin from Torque, make sure that you also:
1) Go to Torque Pro "Settings"
2) Make sure that you can see the plugin listed also on Torque Pro by clicking "Settings" > "Plugins"> "Installed Plugins".
3) Mark the "Allow plugins full access" box, since Remote EX needs access to the OBD adapter.
More features/parameters will be added in further releases. If you have comments and/or suggestions please just let me know.
Carista can check your vehicle's health and report any faults stored its computers. You can also clear any fault codes and reset your "check engine" light, as well as check if you're ready for emissions testing. Carista is compatible with all manufacturers and models, as long as they are OBD2-compatible (all 1996+ cars in the US, all 2001/2004 petrol/diesel cars in the EU, etc.) Unlike other apps, however, Carista also gives you access to advanced manufacturer-specific diagnostics*, including computers like ABS, airbag, navigation, etc. and gives you the ability to reset your airbag light, ABS light, traction control light, etc. for supported models.
* Manufacturer-specific diagnostics are a paid feature, available on a selection of 2005 and newer models from BMW, Mini, Volkswagen, Audi, Seat, Skoda (VAG), Toyota, Lexus, Scion. OBD2 diagnostics are free.
Carista lets you change the way your car behaves: say you want your headlights to come on automatically when you start the engine; or you want the doors to lock when you start moving; or you want to change the type of beep that the reverse parking sensors make. Yes, Carista can do that (if your vehicle supports it, of course). Imagine the settings on your smartphone; it's like that, but for your car. Customizations are a paid feature, available on a selection of 2005 and newer models from Audi, BMW, Lexus, Mini, Scion, Seat, Skoda, Toyota and VW. For Lexus, these are called Lexus Personalized Settings (LPS).
Carista's overheat alarm (a paid feature, 99 cents) allows you to monitor your engine's temperature and react early if it starts to overheat. Yes, most cars have a temperature gauge on the dashboard, but do you check it every 5 seconds? Carista can run in the background and notify you with an alarm sound right when the engine temperature starts to rise to dangerous levels.
In order to use Carista, you need a Bluetooth OBD adapter - a separate piece of hardware that you plug into the vehicle's diagnostic port. We now have our own adapter that's guaranteed to work with all of Carista's features: see http://www.caristaapp.com/hardware/
No live data or dashboard
Please don't download this app if you're looking for display of real-time data. That's not the purpose of Carista, so please don't rate us negatively for lacking such functionality. Just use Torque for that.
Note: Carista is an OBD scan tool and diagnostics app with added functionality for the consumer. There is no separate Pro version, but there is a paid "Pro Package" within the free app that you can purchase using Google Play In-App Billing. The idea of this app is to provide a simple and efficient way to configure your car to your liking, diagnose your "check engine" or "service engine soon" light, and prevent your engine from overheating. Nothing more, nothing less. Carista is compatible with all vehicles that comply with OBD2 (sometimes misspelled ODB), including Toyota, Lexus, Scion, Honda, Acura, Nissan, Infiniti, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Subaru, Suzuki, BMW, Mercedes, VW, Audi, Seat, Skoda, Porsche, Opel, Peugeot, Citroen, Renault, Fiat, Alfa Romeo, Lancia, Mini, Lotus, Jaguar, Rover, Tesla, Chevrolet, Ford, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Buick, Cadillac, Pontiac, GMC, Lincoln, Saab, Volvo, Hyundai, Kia. We have advanced functionality available in our Pro Package for a selection of models from VW, Audi, Seat and Skoda (VAG group) and Toyota, Lexus and Scion.
More info and help at http://www.caristaapp.com