Scout Food Pantry is a FREE app to help you create a HEALTHY and ETHIC MENU according to the ideas of "Cambuse Critiche" (http://www.cambusecritiche.org/). This app allows to create and customize a menu which is specifically designed for SCOUT CAMPS and activities.
The choice of recipes we propose and the criteria which are used to evaluate menus are based on the most recent scientific studies on healthy and balanced nutrition, provided by the WCRF (World Cancer Research Fund) and SINU (Italian Nutrition Societies Federation).
This project has been realized without any commercial aim or support, in collaboration with "Cambuse Critiche" and SMPV and SIAN of ASL Milano 2.
This app includes the following features:
- MENU: Automatic creation of a menu according to your needs (age, numbers of people, duration of camp, ...).
- SHOPPING LIST: A detailed list of what you have to buy is automatically generated on a daily base as well as for the whole camp.
- RECIPES: Over 120 recipes available. Each day contains the detailed recipe including doses, ingredients and preparation instructions for each meal.
- SCORES: You can customize your menu to increase its ranking according to a healthy nutrition scores [0-100%].
- SEASONAL FRUIT AND VEGETABLES: choice of vegetables and fruits are provided according to seasonal criteria (tuned for northern emisphere - US/EU).
- PDF / HTML: export your menu and ingredients list as PDF or HTML file, ready for print.
If you wish to add a recipe, use the button "Add Recipe" inside the app and send us your proposal!
If you have any question or suggestion on how to improve this app, please contact us at:
Scout Food Pantry team