Click the battery symbol to open the settings. Here you can enable the 'night mode' to turn on airplane mode at night automatically. This saves battery power and also stops incoming messages at night. It might be good idea to disable SIM card lock for this feature. Additionally you can select a Wi-Fi auto-off delay to disable Wi-Fi if there is no network available anymore.
After installation press home screen and select "MiniStatus" from Widget list to add MiniStatus to your home screen.
By pressing the small wlan, bluetooth or airplane symbol you enable/disable respective function. Pressing the battery symbol opens the settings dialog.
MiniStatus is free software (GPL), the source code can be found here:
- "Extended standby mode" on Sony Xperia phones must be disabled for using automatic night mode and Wi-Fi auto-off.
- Airplane mode toggling doesn't work anymore for Android 4.2 due to security restrictions. Therefore automatic night mode also doesn't work. Currently there seems to be no solution for normal Android 4.2 (see hints for rooted devices)
See also http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=40497
*** ROOTED DEVICES ***
For rooted Android 4.2 devices (4.3 doesn't work currently!) you can install MiniStatus as
System App to have full functionality again:
- get latest APK from https://bitbucket.org/jholetzeck/ministatus-android/downloads and install manually (from Google Play doesn't work!)
- open Settings (click battery symbol)
- open Root settings (menu button)
- install as System App
Key words: battery level wifi wlan bluetooth schedule airplane mode toggle switch status widget
- user can choose between airplane mode or GPS status symbol in settings now
- fix for Android 4.2.2 and root: installing as system app was broken
- Android 4.2 and root: support of toggle airplane mode and scheduled airplane mode by installing as system app supported
- Android 4.x: usage of modern app widget design
- fix Wi-Fi auto-off issues for Android 4.x
- Android 4.2: airplane button opens system settings as it is now longer possible to toggle airplane mode directly (see Known issues)
Night mode is now delayed until no phone call is active anymore. Additionally night mode can be delayed until screen turns off (configurable).
Select a Wi-Fi auto-off delay to disable Wi-Fi if no network available anymore.
Automatic night mode: Click the battery symbol to open the settings. Here you can enable the 'night mode' to turn on airplane mode at night automatically. This saves battery power and also stops incoming messages at night. It might be good idea to disable SIM card lock for this feature.
!!!If you find any bug please contact me through my internet site -> contacts info, I cannot give an answer to the comments!!!
- Battery left percentage
- Internal memory left
- SD memory left
- External SD memory left
- Free RAM Memory
- Customizable Text Widget with all information
- 4 different color layouts for Text Widget
- Battery Gauge Widget, updated in real time
- 2 different styles to customize the gauge Widget
- A numerical battery icon can be added to the notification bar
- Chart showing battery level pattern
- Estimated battery time left
- Estimated time to full battery charge
- Additional details or system shortcuts for every entry in the application
- Do NOT move to SD card!
- If you use a task killer, remove Memory Status from the killable apps list, otherwise widgets will not work anymore
- Battery chart is updated only if there is at least one active Widget
- Internet permission is only used for ads