Through the calculation frequency, the sound is analyzed to determine the revolutions of an engine.
It is necessary to indicate the characteristics of the engine prior to reading.
May not work on all engines. It works worst with engines with the exhaust sound very muted and mechanical noise engines (air cooled engines).
It is normal to show some value even if no motor function.
Keywords: rpm, acoustic tachometer, sound, tach, rpm gauge, revolution counter, rev counter, rc, fft, tachometer
The sound of the blades will be analyzed and the according headspeed will be calculated.
Using Settings you can choose between standard (rpm up to 4000) and micro sized (rpm up to 8000) helicopter and setup the number of blades between 2 and 5.
Before starting the measuring you have to set an estimated headspeed. You can expect most accurate measurings if set inside the range of +/- 500rpm to your real headspeed.
Works with electric and nitro helis without changing any settings.
For best results please follow these instructions:
Make sure you have not too much side noise like strong wind.
After setting an estimated headspeed place your phone on the ground 1-2m from your helicopter.
Press the "Measure Head Speed" button and walk to a save distance.
Spool up the helicopter to your desired headspeed and wait about 20 seconds.
After the blades have come to a stop retrieve your phone and press the "Stop Measuring" button.
Now you can read the headspeeds during the measuring.
You can save the result to the log history using the menu option. If you enable the option "Save Log Automatically" logs will be saved automatically after finishing measuring.
Touch a log entry in the log history to view saved results. Long touch a log entry to send the entry or delete it.
Use log menu to send complete log history.
We want to increase accuracy and compatibility of this App. So please help us and send feeback to email@example.com
Please supply information about the phone and helicopters you measured the headspeed.
If you have any problems measuring correct headspeed please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will give you instruction about how to enable debug mode. This mode will write data to your SD card which can help us find a solution.
Tested by developer:
Phones: HTC Desire and Desire S
Helicopters: Align T-Rex 500, T-Rex 600, T-Rex 700E, T-Rex 700N, Blade mCPX
Tested by users:
Phones: HTC HD2, Motorola Defy and Droid X, Samsung Mesmerize
Helicopters: Mikado Logo 600, 600SE and 400SE, Align T-Rex 450, Concept Notos 500, Walkera 4G6 and M120D01, MSH Protos and Mini Protos
- Record audio: Needed to record audio from your mic.
- Modify/delete USB storage contents modify/delete SD card contents: Needed for debug mode
v1.0.1: Touch at rpm bar of log to display exact value.
v1.0.1: Debug mode (please contact us at email@example.com about how to enable debug mode).
v1.0.2: Improved algorithm and increased rpm search range.
v1.0.3: Dynamic adjustment of log rpm bar size.
v1.0.4: Prevent orientation change during measuring.
v1.0.5: Preserve measured data during orientation change.
v1.0.6: Successful license check is valid for one week to use the app on the field without internet access.
v1.0.7: Support for micro sized helicopters.
v1.0.8: Minor improvement for license check.
v1.0.9: Log added.
v1.0.10: Rename of Logentries. Sending of all measured data. Scrolling of measured data by swiping left or right.
v1.1.0: Scrolling of measured data by tap on arrow.
v1.1.1: Tap on log bar displays rpm in bigger letters.
v1.1.2: Fallback for device not supporting default audio format.
v1.1.4: Experimental low RPM mode.
Please use it for measuring the rotational speed of the motor, such as drivable model car.
It has featured focus for noise removal.
It has featured speed conversion panel.
It has featured memo panel.
It is also offering nice skins.
* Please measure in a state of only motor sound, for example remove the gear.
* Please measure as close to the motor microphone.
* permission.WRITE_INTERNAL_STORAGE is used for some Samsung-devices, because their LED is managed by writing data on the internal storage.
• The main function
And measurement of the rotational speed
• How to use
· Tap the "Start"
· Turn the motor
· Approach the motor to the microphone
· Rotational speed is measured
· Noise is large, it may not be recognized well
Will be easier to (5 or 10 times the average) recognition When you change the "Boundary value setting", but becomes easier if mistaken.
Initially we designed this app as an e-learning resource for our engineering students but it proved to be a very useful tool for professionals too.
Speedometer can keeps track of your top speed and average speed. You can change speed measurement unit easily such as miles/hour (MPH) or km/hour(KMH) and also change font type (Digital/Normal).
This app can use like speed meter car or speed meter bicycle.
- Full screen Analog Display and Digital Display.
- Showing average and maximum speed.
- Client can select speed measurement unit such as km/h (speed meter km) or mile/h (speed meter mph).
- Track your distance and top speed.
Frequent blinking flashlight may make you an epileptic seizure so that if you find yourself starting to feel bad, then turn off the application.
Esta aplicación, al momento de hacer una llamada, consultará de forma automática el número #RPM asociado al número movistar marcado.
Ya no tendrás que editar los números de tus contactos antes de llamar ni preocuparte por acabar tu saldo muy rápido!
Menú de configuración
- Convertir números fijos
- Usar SMS para la conversión (Depende del servicio de movistar)
- Sincronización solo por WiFi
- Ocultar icono de notificación
RevCounter reads, through your Android device microphone (Smartphones or Tablet ) , noise emitted from an internal combustion engine and calculates RPM. To do this, software records sound, for approximately 1.5 seconds from your engine and process it returning to you RPM on your device display . After that RevCounter records the next 1.5 seconds and proceed to another process. This process continues reading update speed every 1.5 seconds , until the user press "Exit" button that close the RevCounter. Decision to records every 1.5 seconds is consequent to a compromise between several factors.Resolution of 40 revolutions per minute (RPM ) ,( RevCounter is able to detect changes of 40 RPM ) it corresponds to the accuracy in the case that engine is working with a constant speed. As mentioned above if the engine is working with a constant speed, the maximum error that you make on the RPM is just 40 RPM, while for changes of thousands of RPM in a second, the error will be about one hundred RPM . If you have largest RPM changes , display will showyou an average value between maximum and minimum RPM.
We have not found malfunctions on any devices used to test RevCounter .
RevCounter is NOT able to detect RPM from turbine .
If the engine noise is too weak RevCounter may not be able to read it .
For any questions please don’t hesitate to contact me.
Bike doesn't have a cycling speedometer and odometer? This is the app for you! Just be sure to mount the phone safely on your bicycle. Also makes a great pedometer.
- Bonus: Free route recorder and trip logger.
Dental RPM Pro is a high speed acoustic rpm meter fully capable of measuring high speed air-driven handpiece free running speeds up to 550,000 rpm. Its capability in electric handpiece rpm has not been fully explored. At this time, this app is not recommended for electric handpieces. Dental RPM Pro makes very accurate measurements of high speed handpiece rotational speed with its proprietary frequency analysis algorithm that distinguishes the sound corresponding to the shaft rotation from other noises generated during handpiece operation. Even in a situation where multiple handpieces are operating simultaneously, it correctly captures the nearest handpiece’s rpm. The app also reports the peak noise level (A-weighted) of handpiece at the time of measurement. This app is compatible with all Android devices with Android OS version 2.2 or higher. A patent is pending on major features of the app including its functionality and frequency analysis algorithm.
- Steady-state speed in revolutions per minute (rpm) between 25,000 and 550,000 with an accuracy of ±2584 rpm within 10 cm to 3 m (4 inches to 10 ft) distance from the handpiece.
- A-weighted noise level with an accuracy of ± 3 dB. Recommended distance for dental handpiece noise measurement is 45 cm (18 inches) from the head.
- Hold button to freeze the reading (hit again to resume).
The app will display 0 rpm upon launching. Hit "Set dB" button to start (while handpiece is not operating).
It works with electric and nitro model helicopters with two blades. In nitro mode the gear transmission ratio must be entered.
The app shows a small Quickstart guide upon first launch. Please read it!
The measurement process is simple: a ) select the expected RPM range and b) click the measure button.
In case of problems please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Unfortunately Android market does not let developers reply to comments in the market.
Tags: rc-heli, helicopter, helitach, headspeed, rpm
I use these calculators often in my modeling and I find them handy for making educated guesses at the least. More calculators and features are in development. I have many more needs and now that I have the basic application and framework in place, I am creating new features as I need them. More free updates are coming.
The calculators and features in this release are:
• Unit Converter
• Wing Area
• Wing Loading
• Pitch Speed
• Engine Size
• Tank Size
• Gas / Oil Mix
• Propeller Chart
• Drill Size Charts
• Battery Voltage
Try it, it's truly useful. Now also with unit conversions, wing loading, cubic wing loading and energy density.
(Please Note: This app has no malware and requires the following standard Android permissions only:
1) Network Access:
View Wifi & networks: To check for new versions.
2) Phone Calls: To hide when a call comes through.
3) Storage: To install on the SD card if needed.)
Please EMAIL if you have a problem, we can NOT help though the comments section.
Use RC E-Calc Pro Calculate the following:
- Average Current Used by the aircraft during a flight/run.
- Average Discharge Rate (C-rate) of the LiPo battery during a flight/run.
- Expected Run Time at average current used.
- Expected Run Time using 100% capacity of a battery.
- Expected Run Time using 80% capacity of a battery.
- Realistic Run Time using 80% capacity of a battery and (selectable) average throttle.
- Power in Watts from Volts & Amps.
- Volts from Power(W) & Amps.
- Current in Amps from Power(W) & Volts.
- Static thrust of a propeller in pounds or kilograms.
- Power to Weight Ratio in Watts-per-pound or Watts-per-kilogram.
New for v2.1:
- Unit Conversions (Torque, Mass, Length)
- Cubic Wing Loading (Imperial and Metric)
- Wing Loading (Imperial and Metric)
New for v2.21:
- Resize and refit for better display on tablets or devices with very large fonts
- Reworked Unit Conversions
- Cosmetic improvements to layout
- throttle value choice in Approximate Flight Time
New for v2.3
- Added Battery cell gravimetric energy density calculation in Wh/kg
- UI enhancements and fixes
- Smaller fonts
- Cosmetic improvements to layout
- Unit Conversions improved
(Note: It is highly recommended to fly using only 80% of the capacity of LiPo batteries to maximize their longevity)
a) If your system uses 16 Amps, input 2200mAh and 16A into the app and it'll calculate that you should be able to fly (at FULL throttle) for 6 minutes 36 seconds until the battery is 80% depleted or 8 minutes 15 seconds (also at FULL throttle) until it is 100% depleted.
a) "Realistic" flight time is also calculated which works out to be 11 minutes and 47 seconds using 80% capacity and 60% average throttle, very close to the actual flight time in the second example.
b) You have flown (or driven) for 11 minutes and 20 seconds, then recharged your 2200mAh LiPo, when finished your charger states that 1720mAh was returned to the battery. This app will then calculate:
- that the average current draw for the flight was 9.11 amps,
- the discharge rate was 4.1C,
- you used 78% of the rated capacity of the battery and
- to use 80% of the battery's capacity you could've safely flown for 11 minutes 35 seconds.
Comments & suggestions very welcome, please email if you have problems as we can not respond to Google Play Store comments.
Disclaimer: The formulas used in these calculations come from various internet sources, with some variations added from my own experience and while a lot of effort was put into ensuring accuracy, your results may vary!
Built with App Inventor.
- Displays RPM on the screen
- Configurable RPM threshold
- Both visual and audio indication for shift. Shift beep can be disabled from settings.
- Configurable hysteresis range
* GPS Map with kmz support (2500+ flighing fields)
* QR Code scanning. Simply scan your battery after each flight and loadcylce an you get a perfect log.
* excel and picture export of all statistics and events
* statistics like motorpower / battery ri / flights per week / consumption / normalized ri to compare diffrent sizes of batteries
* Share find the best RC-Airfields all over the World. No matter if you fly helis,planes,gliders,boats or cars
* speed optimized data entry
* model pictures support
* simple flightbook view (if you do not want to log batteries at all)
* automatic foldable groups for a better overview.
* much more and absolutly free..
enjoy RcLog - the end of lipo chaos ;)
PS: If you miss a features or you have a nice idea simply send a mail :)
TAGS: rc tool, rc heli, rc manager, rc map, rc flightbook