Promethean ActivEngage sets the standard in assessment software for tablets, smartphones and traditional computers, and is a foundational component of a fully integrated education solution that seamlessly connects assessment to instruction.
Considering a tablet initiative for your classroom, school or district? Promethean ActivEngage is an ideal solution to help increase student engagement, facilitate collaborative and personalized learning, and improve student outcomes.
WHY PROMETHEAN ACTIVENGAGE
Seamlessly connect assessment to instruction. As part of a family of education solutions, Promethean ActivEngage provides the foundation to transform how teachers teach and how learners learn.
• Flexible — Seamlessly integrates with any ActivClassroom product. Works with any brand of interactive whiteboard (IWB) or projector. Also works with WITHOUT an IWB or projector!
• Immediate Feedback — Enables teachers to gain insight into student understanding in real-time
• Wide range of response types — Multiple Choice, True/False, Yes/No, Text, Likert Scales, Sort-in-Order, Numeric and Self-Paced Learning
• Portable — IP Network-based registration enables voting within a single classroom or across an entire school
• Familiar – Gives students the option of using the same tools inside the classroom that keep them connected outside the classroom
• Cost effective —Leverages previous investments in technology and 1:1 initiatives, and works simultaneously with tablets, smartphones and traditional computers
Tablets and smartphones. Desktop/Laptop software also available from Promethean Website below.
User Input - Users can respond using device input or with any supported input accessory (keyboard, etc.)
Network – Runs on a standard TCP/IP network. Wi-Fi access required for mobile devices. 3G, 4G and GPRS are not supported.
Language(s) –English (UK/US), Arabic, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese (European), Russian, Spanish and Swedish
Promethean ActivEngage requires ActivInspire or Promethean ActivOffice, as well as the ActivEngage Server. All of these may be downloaded from Promethean Planet (http://www.prometheanplanet.com).
Considering a tablet initiative for your classroom, school or district? Promethean ActivEngage2 is an ideal solution to help increase student engagement, facilitate collaborative and personalized learning, and improve student outcomes.
WHY PROMETHEAN ACTIVENGAGE2
Seamlessly connect assessment to instruction. As part of a family of education solutions, Promethean ActivEngage2 provides the foundation to transform how teachers teach and how learners learn.
Encourages Communication and Collaboration
Encourages students to engage, interact and contribute to lessons, creating collaborative discussions and lively debate.
Leverages previous investments in technology by transforming any supported mobile device or computer into a Learner Response System.
Reduces time spent on administrative tasks, allowing more time for student instruction. Reduces or eliminates the need to grade and record paper-based assessments.
Enables Personalized Learning
With real-time feedback, instructors can track individuals’ progress and develop customized learning plans tailored for each learner.
Centrally Controlled and Scalable
Delivers virtual voting capability within a single classroom, across an entire campus, and beyond. Promethean ActivEngage2 may be managed at a classroom level or centrally on a networked server.
Connects Assessment to Instruction
Supports true formative assessment by enabling teachers to continuously gauge classroom comprehension and adjust instruction throughout the lesson to ensure understanding of key concepts
Supports a Wide Range of Response Types
Multiple Choice, True/False, Yes/No, Sort in Order, Likert Scales, Numeric and Text Entry. The Self-Paced Learning feature also allows teachers to assign questions of varying difficulty and gives students the opportunity to answer at their own pace, with the questions and answers visible in the same client interface.
User Input - Users can respond using touch input or with any supported input accessory (keyboard, etc.)
Network – Runs on a standard TCP/IP network. Wi-Fi access required for mobile devices.
Promethean ActivEngage2 requires the new ActivEngage2 Server as well as ActivInspire v1.7a or higher and ActivDriver 5.9.16 or higher. Promethean ActivEngage2 is not compatible with previous versions of ActivEngage Server (20.x) or ActivEngage Clients (1.x). However, both versions can coexist side-by-side on a deployment.
This contains the following features:
- Color palette
- Brush sizes
- Eraser sizes
- Board eraser
- Creating and saving graphic file
In the future version, additional features and enhancement of UI and existing features are considered.
This app is developed by:
- Mark Anthony Barbado (BSIT)
- Reynaldo Wesley Marinay (BSIT)
- Lyka Teodoro (BSCS)
BSIT and BSCS Students
College of Information Technology and Engineering
Araullo University - PHINMA Education
Cabanatuan City, Nueva Ecija
Have you ever wanted to mirror what’s on your PC to 40+ devices in real time? Ever wished an audience could capture YOUR presentation on THEIR device? Dream of seeing large audiences using their devices to collaborate live on your content?
With DisplayNote you can do all of that and more.
As a presenter, DisplayNote lets your wirelessly control your PC, open any resource, annotate over it and save everything on the device. You can use your device as an interactive whiteboard by working on a ready-made background and sharing that with your audience. Or you can take a live image or saved photo and instantly share that with a connected device.
As a participant, you can capture the presenter’s content, personalise it by adding your own notes and save both content and notes together to review later. Participants can export individual slides or entire presentations via email or send them directly to Dropbox.
DisplayNote lets participants collaborate in real time on a presentation. No more walking to the front to make a point, simply annotate on your device and everyone else gets to see it on their device.
An intuitive session manager keeps the presenter at the forefront: check levels of understanding by posing response questions to any connected device, send private messages to anyone in the audience, pause the session for anyone and view any participants’ screen in real-time.
PC의 자료를 열고 모바일 기기로 접속하면 별도의 파일 다운로드 필요 없이 PC상의 자료를 손쉽게 공유할 수 있습니다.
접속한 모바일 기기에 PC화면이 표시되어 발표 내용을 더욱 가까이 볼 수 있고 또한 진행자 뿐만 아니라 다른 참여자도 발표 권한을 얻을 수 있습니다.
모드 변경으로 모두가 각자의 기기 화면에 필기를 할 수도 있다는 점!
펜과 형광펜을 이용하여 발표 내용을 쉽게 설명할 수 있고
발표 도중 PC상의 다른 자료를 활용해야 할 때엔 마우스 제어모드를 통해 간단한 PC 조작도 가능합니다.
- PC-Android 기기 간 자료 공유 및 필기
- 각 기기 간 필기내용 공유 간편
- 모바일 디바이스를 통한 PC 조작 (PC / 마우스 조작 가능)
- 진행자 모드, 개별 모드, 토론 모드, 발표자 모드 지원
- 펜, 형광펜, 지우개 사용 가능
- 페이지 추가·삭제 가능
- PDF 저장 및 미리보기
The core idea of the application is to provide students with tools for recording a lesson’s most significant tasks in a series of multimedia notes - audio, video, graphic, and textual. The notes are displayed contextually within the music page as seen in the screenshots.
Presenting the lesson’s notes within the music text offers several advantages:
• All tasks are seen upfront thus allowing the student to plan a practice session
• The relevancy of each task to a specific music selection is intuitively clear
• The subject of each task is conveyed instantly by the note’s label
• Furthermore, the audio, video, and text note markers act as interactive links to respective recordings allowing for instant and selective playback
Taking notes during a lesson has been designed to be as instant and simple as possible; in other words, minimally-disruptive to a lesson’s flow.
As a result, initiating a recording of an Audio or Video Note, placing a Cue Note, or drawing a Graphic Note literally takes a few seconds and does not require any special skills.
The notes are retained and can be accessed later by lesson date and specific music page.
‘Music Lesson Noter’ is a feature-rich application. To help explore its features in an easy and engaging way, the application comes with a precompiled ready-to-use sample project that allows the user:
• To playback pre-recorded Audio and Video Notes as well as to record new ones
• To assess the usefulness of supplied Cue Notes and to create custom ones
• To draw graphic notes in ‘free-hand’ and patterned modes
• To edit/delete/export the contents to a desktop/laptop computer
• To create text and audio entries in the LogBook
The free version of the application comes fully functional – every single feature is enabled. This allows creation of projects, lessons, and notes that can be edited, saved, exported, or deleted without any time constraints.
The only limitations of a free version are:
1. The free version allows working on one piece of music - a project - at a time. Should the need for another project arise, the current project can always be replaced with a new one.
2. A single project cannot exceed 3 music pages. Regarding this limitation it is worth noting that standard teaching and concert repertoire includes numerous compositions that do not exceed this limit: for example, etudes, concert miniatures, songs, arias, etc. Working on such pieces in the free version should be perfectly adequate.
While the free version provides ample opportunities for effective usage, students who work on an extensive repertoire and are interested in retaining notes from multiple concurrent projects would benefit significantly from upgrading to the application’s ‘Pro’ version.
There are two options for upgrading:
• A monthly subscription that allows for an unlimited number of concurrent projects with an unlimited number of pages. Should you cancel the subscription, all previously created projects/notes remain accessible (i.e. you can use them for practicing), but you won’t be able to add new notes to those projects. And as the application reverts to its Introductory mode, the user will be able to create a new introductory-level project (one at a time with no more than 3 pages).
• Another option is purchasing a license, which lifts all limitations and has no expiration.
Upgrading can be done at any stage and is instant and seamless, i.e. all previously saved contents are integrated automatically.
A comprehensive feature description and support for ‘Music Lesson Noter’, including video demonstrations, can be found online at http://vibrant-strings-studio.com/lesson-noter
- The students can view the tutorial video classes updated by the teacher and get in sync in case when he has missed classes.
- Curriculum chart for the defined quarter.
- View timetable for the day.
- Check attendance and maintain them accordingly.
- Learning Management System by video streaming files, other content types categorized by Class/Subject.
- Report cards maintainance through which the student can himself asses his performance every quarterly and plan accordingly.