Is a complete list of 377 NC Law & Code on your device at your finger tips WITH OUT Internet connection and any time in your pocket.
☞ Complete offline access -No need of Internet Connection nor any Printed books
☞ Supports Landscape or Portrait mode and navigation at lightning speed
☞ Emailing of any article
☞ Air print - Helps to take print out of any article from your printer
☞ Text Fonts resize
☞ Quick search of any text or content in entire law database. (Does a very good detail search as per industry norms)
☞ Search highlighting
☞ Very efficient, fast and good performance
☞ Suitable for all working / studying / interested in law enforcement or in criminal law
☞ Application is designed to occupy as much as less memory as possible
☞ All in one place about Laws, codes, law, code, state crime traffic vehicle legal rules and state constitution & revised statutes
2012, 2013 Updates
The information in the app is current through April 2014 and historically accurate back to October 1, 1994—the effective date of the first version of Structured Sentencing. The app uses the version of the law applicable to the crime being sentenced, based on the offense date entered by the user.
The legal information contained in the app is the work of UNC School of Government faculty member James Markham. Attorney Christopher Tyner provided research and writing assistance, and Cindy Lee provided editorial support. The app was programmed by Main Processor LLC, Greensboro, NC.
• Special sentencing rules: The app will automatically prompt the user for special sentencing rules for which the defendant might be eligible, including enhancements like the habitual felon law and mitigation rules such as Advanced Supervised Release.
• Reference lists: The app includes several useful lists, such as a searchable list of all North Carolina crimes sorted by offense class, and a list of all crimes that require registration as a sex offender.
• Reports: The app prepares a report for every sentence, including details such as aggravating factors, conditions of probation, and sentence enhancements. The report is easily exported to the user’s email.
• Offline viewing: Once the app is downloaded to a device, all content is available for offline viewing. The app can be used in areas where access to data networks or Wi-Fi may be limited or not allowed, such as in a courtroom or when visiting a client in jail.
• Updates: The app will be updated periodically as the law changes. The app was last updated on April 1, 2014.
Users should be aware that the North Carolina Structured Sentencing app is a quick reference tool. It is not a comprehensive legal reference or a substitute for the advice of legal counsel.
The North Carolina Structured Sentencing mobile app was created with generous funding from the C. Felix Harvey Award to Advance Institutional Priorities, a UNC–Chapel Hill award recognizing innovative faculty scholarship that directly and positively impacts constituencies outside the university. Thanks to that award, the app is available free of charge.
Additional information. The School of Government offers a wide range of other criminal law resources, many of which are also free of charge. For more information about these resources, please visit the School’s home page and the North Carolina Criminal Law Blog.
© 2014 School of Government. The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. This work is copyrighted and subject to “fair use” as permitted by federal copyright law. No portion of this mobile application may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means—including but limited to copying, distributing, selling, or using commercially—without the express written permission of the publisher. Commercial distribution by third parties is prohibited. Prohibited distribution includes, but is not limited to, posting, emailing, faxing, archiving in a public database, installing on intranets or servers, and redistributing via a computer network or in printed form. Unauthorized use or reproduction may result in legal action against the unauthorized user.
The legal information contained in ASSET is the work of UNC School of Government faculty member Jeff Welty, a recognized expert in the law of search and seizure who regularly trains judges, lawyers, and officers in the subject.
ASSET is available completely free of charge, thanks to the generous support of the School of Government Foundation, the North Carolina Department of Public Safety, and the North Carolina Sheriff’s Association.
Users should be aware that ASSET is a quick reference for frequently used information. It is not intended as a substitute for a comprehensive legal reference, such as Robert L. Farb’s book Arrest, Search, and Investigation in North Carolina. Nor is it intended to provide legal advice or to substitute the advice of a law enforcement agency's attorney.
ASSET includes the following features:
• Navigation: ASSET contains an intuitive table of contents as well as a search function.
• Bookmarks: ASSET keeps track of recently researched topics and allows the user to bookmark frequently used information.
• Offline Viewing: Once the app is downloaded to a device, virtually all of the content is available for offline viewing. The app can be used in remote areas or inside secure facilities where cellular networks or WiFi may not be available.
• Updates: ASSET will be updated periodically as the law changes. The app was last updated on February 15, 2013.
You don't need expensive Driver Education programs to pass your driver license knowledge/written exam. Everything you need is here in this app! You can download the OFFICIAL North Carolina DMV handbooks and be able to review it anytime, anywhere you want. You don't need any external app to review your downloaded handbooks.
Want to experience the real driver license knowledge test? You absolutely can by trying out the included practice test with almost 400 questions in English and Spanish combined.
+ FREE Revolutionary Drivers Ed App
+ OFFICIAL North Carolina Division of Motor Vehicles Handbooks Available
+ OFFICIAL DMV Driver License Manual Included
+ OFFICIAL DMV Motorcycle License Manual Included
+ OFFICIAL DMV Commercial License Manual Included
+ Download once and review it anytime, anywhere as many times as you like
+ With almost 400 Practice Questions in English and Spanish combined
+ Your one-stop app for your driver license needs
+ OFFICIAL DMV Driver License Manual Spanish version Included
+ OFFICIAL DMV School Bus Driver Manual Included
+ No External Apps Needed
+ You'll definitely learn Driver Safety from this Driver Ed App even if you live from other countries
- Call emergency services
- Find nearby hospitals
- Capture accident information
- Medical expense log
- Digital proof of insurance
- and more