Download the official Q-Ticketing app from the Metropolitan Transit Authority of Harris County, Texas! The easy-to-use METRO Q-Ticketing app lets you purchase and use your Houston METRO fares and passes instantly on your phone – any time, anywhere. Just download the free app, register your debit/credit card or PayPal account in our secure system, and you're ready to ride!
WHY YOU'LL LOVE THIS APP:
• No paper fares to keep track of.
• No need to carry cash, count exact change, or find a ticket machine.
• Buy and use fares instantly using a debit/credit card or PayPal.
• Store multiple tickets on your phone for future use.
• Pay a single fare or multiple fares for a group of riders.
• Register your debit/credit card(s) in our secure system.
• Purchase tickets on your phone or on any computer via our website.
HOW IT WORKS:
1. CHOOSE SERVICE
2. CHOOSE FARE: Single Ride or Day Pass
3. CHOOSE QUANTITY: Buy one for now or buy multiple tickets for later.
4. CHECK OUT: Pay with Visa, MasterCard, or PayPal
Mobile tickets can only be used on local bus & rail at this time.
Q: Do I need to be connected to the Internet?
A cellular network or a wireless Internet connection is required to purchase tickets; however you can still use/activate your tickets offline.
Q: What if my battery dies?
Just like with paper tickets, you're responsible for making sure you have a valid fare at all times, so be sure to plan ahead!
Never uninstall the METRO Q-Ticketing app or erase your phone without first transferring any unused tickets. Your mobile tickets are stored on your phone (which makes it possible to use them without a cellular network or a wireless Internet connection), so uninstalling the app can permanently erase your tickets.
Activate your purchased mobile tickets BEFORE boarding the bus or train.
Use your mobile ticket once you are on board the vehicle. Show your mobile ticket to the fare inspector.
Watch your battery level! Just like with paper tickets, you're responsible for making sure you have a valid fare at all times.
Create an account BEFORE purchasing your tickets. If you get a new phone, this is the only way you can transfer your unused tickets.
Note: Only unused tickets can be transferred. Use all activated tickets before switching phones.