DD-WRT is a Linux based alternative OpenSource firmware suitable for a great variety of wireless (WLAN) routers and embedded systems.
This app lets you monitor and manage your DD-WRT routers on the go. Anytime. Anywhere.
Management features are being added progressively.
This release contains non-intrusive Ads to help support its development. Please consider purchasing the ad-free version to unlock all the premium features: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.rm3l.ddwrt
Differences between the two versions here: https://ddwrt-companion.rm3l.org/#plans
This app requires Secure SHell (SSH) to be enabled (and working!) on the router.
See the support website for instructions: http://ddwrt-companion.rm3l.org
DD-WRT Companion supports both private key and password-based SSH authentication methods.
Features (some of them may not be available in this Lite version)
• Material Design UI, with Dark and Light themes
• Can handle multiple routers, each with different set of settings. Free version is limited to only one Router
• It supports both private key and password-based SSH authentication methods. Of course, such sensitive info is encrypted locally and never ever leave your mobile device.
• PIN protection
• Access Restrictions (Parental Control)
• Speed Testing
• WAN connection status
• Traffic monitoring (realtime and monthly traffic data) + sharing with detailed daily breakdown
→ Backup (as RAW or CSV) and Restore WAN Monthly Traffic Data
• List of hosts connected to the router
→ Notifications - can also show up on wearable devices like smartwatches
→ View details on the network card manufacturer
→ Monitor Active IP Connections (overall and per-client)
→ Distribution Pie charts: view top hosts (destination IPs with the most active connections, or local hosts with the most active connections)
→ View name, IP and MAC addresses, Last Seen date, download/upload rates, total download/upload bandwidth usage, wireless network name, ...
→ View RSSI, Signal Strength and SNR for wireless clients
→ Various sorting and filters options
→ Monitor WAN (Internet) Realtime Traffic for each connected host, with the ability to disable or enable WAN Access with the click of a finger
→ Set local aliases, so you won't always have to remember which MAC Address belongs to which user/device
• Wake on LAN (WOL) support
• Syslog stream output, with keyword lookup and sorting capability
• Ability to set per-router preferences (sync interval, theme, ...)
• OpenVPN logs, with keyword lookup
• OpenVPN Client settings editing: for example, you can change the target VPN server
• WiFi QR-Codes: you now no longer need to share your WiFi password to your guests. Just share the generated QR Code and they can connect instantly (provided they use a compatible QR Code scanner app)
• NVRAM variables listing, editing and sharing
• Actions on Router: reboot, factory defaults, backup / restore
• Toolbox utilities: network diagnostics tools (e.g., ping, traceroute, nslookup, ...)
• Commands: issue any commands to your router, remotely, and retrieve the output
• Home Screen Widgets
Please note that this app is not affiliated to the official DD-WRT project.
For details on which permissions we request and why: http://help.ddwrt-companion.rm3l.org/android/permissions.html
→ Some DD-WRT builds (e.g., r21061) reportedly have SSH issues. The issue is with the SSH server itself, not with this app.
If the app cannot connect to your Router, first ensure you can SSH into your Router from a computer, using the same credentials you provided to the app.
Feel free to reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org for any inquiries.
Support Pages : https://help.ddwrt-companion.app